Menu

Pages (47)    114 15 1647   
Thomas12   12 Oct 2023, 2:02 pm
A driver was saying today there might be a continuous four week strike if things aren't resolved in due course.
F114TML   12 Oct 2023, 5:12 pm
(12 Oct 2023, 2:02 pm)Thomas12 wrote A driver was saying today there might be a continuous four week strike if things aren't resolved in due course.

Yeah, I've heard rumours of a month-long strike in December...
Unber43   12 Oct 2023, 5:58 pm
(12 Oct 2023, 5:12 pm)F114TML wrote Yeah, I've heard rumours of a month-long strike in December...
Surely they cannot let that go ahead

During the coldest months it will literally shatter any good will
Rob44   12 Oct 2023, 7:16 pm
2 week strike then if still not resolved a 4 week one.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   12 Oct 2023, 7:23 pm
It'll all be rumours until that notice is served on the employer. It's bad enough that you've got to give two weeks notice now, without giving them a head start...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Ambassador   12 Oct 2023, 7:46 pm
(12 Oct 2023, 5:58 pm)Unber43 wrote Surely they cannot let that go ahead

During the coldest months it will literally shatter any good will

They don’t need goodwill, the vast majority of people who are using buses are doing so because they have no choice.

Leisure and other travellers are finding alternative means, like the rail strike

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Rob44   12 Oct 2023, 7:49 pm
See the big cheif of the go ahead group is stepping down
solsburian   12 Oct 2023, 8:34 pm
(12 Oct 2023, 7:49 pm)Rob44 wrote See the big cheif of the go ahead group is stepping down

And the replacement, Miguel Ángel Parras is from new major shareholder Globalvía. That was almost inevitable tbh. With the aftermath of the Southeastern scandal, I suspect we will see more changes.

Oh and it is a bit of a odd feeling that 18.9% of Globalvía is owned by my work pension scheme, USS.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   12 Oct 2023, 8:37 pm
Hopefully we will see the GNE head go
solsburian   12 Oct 2023, 8:51 pm
Something needs to be done, including keeping the keyboard away from Ben.
Thomas12   12 Oct 2023, 11:57 pm
(12 Oct 2023, 7:46 pm)Ambassador wrote They don’t need goodwill, the vast majority of people who are using buses are doing so because they have no choice.

Leisure and other travellers are finding alternative means, like the rail strike

From what I gather, Arriva Northumbria is an exception to this in particular Ashington depot. Apparently some of the routes there are seeing higher patronage than pre Covid. 

Maybe a consistent network of services is more important that a constant reshuffle of services and liveries - who would have guessed it?
Ambassador   13 Oct 2023, 12:13 am
(12 Oct 2023, 8:34 pm)solsburian wrote And the replacement, Miguel Ángel Parras is from new major shareholder Globalvía. That was almost inevitable tbh. With the aftermath of the Southeastern scandal, I suspect we will see more changes.

Oh and it is a bit of an odd feeling that 18.9% of Globalvía is owned by my work pension scheme, USS.

The new CEO of Bus (random title) is also an internal shareholder appointment, coming from Kinetic in Australia 

https://www.route-one.net/news/matt-carn...ad%20Group.

Nigel and Ben likely won’t be going anywhere, Nige is doing ok with the wider northern based businesses and the Bee stuff and Ben is cheap, and a handy scapegoat

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
EastCoastMXZ1751   13 Oct 2023, 11:56 am
(12 Oct 2023, 11:57 pm)Thomas12 wrote From what I gather, Arriva Northumbria is an exception to this in particular Ashington depot. Apparently some of the routes there are seeing higher patronage than pre Covid. 

Maybe a consistent network of services is more important that a constant reshuffle of services and liveries - who would have guessed it?

Not surprised tbf, everytime I see the X18 throughout the day it's normally always busy and the X15 normally is busy too, good to see that arriva have managed to increase patronage in Northumbria.
Ambassador   13 Oct 2023, 12:03 pm
Unite announce a continuous all out strike from 28th October

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-event...out-strike

Aaron21   13 Oct 2023, 12:30 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 12:03 pm)Ambassador wrote Unite announce a continuous all out strike from 28th October

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-event...out-strike

Who didn't see this coming
Ambassador   13 Oct 2023, 1:05 pm
I will add the news was shared by the BBC and Unite and GNE still haven’t issued an update, they were still issuing denials on Twitter this afternoon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NL62WVW   13 Oct 2023, 1:08 pm
After Ben's latest staff notice I'd be surprised if he's still at GNE after all thiS

Views and Opinions are my own
Adrian   13 Oct 2023, 1:09 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 1:05 pm)Ambassador wrote I will add the news was shared by the BBC and Unite and GNE still haven’t issued an update, they were still issuing denials on Twitter this afternoon
It sounds like they've been in denial for months. This was always going to escalate.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Adrian   13 Oct 2023, 1:12 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 1:08 pm)NL62WVW wrote After Ben's latest staff notice I'd be surprised if he's still at GNE after all thiS
Wow. NF is finally going to cut his strings? [emoji23]

Bazza   13 Oct 2023, 1:31 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 1:08 pm)NL62WVW wrote After Ben's latest staff notice I'd be surprised if he's still at GNE after all thiS

Why? Is it factually untrue?

If it’s the same one I’ve seen I cannot see what is wrong with it unless it’s factually incorrect.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ASX_Terranova   13 Oct 2023, 2:27 pm
How does the minimum service level bill effect the strikes?
Is there anywhere I can lodge a complaint?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
Adrian   13 Oct 2023, 2:29 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 2:27 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote How does the minimum service level bill effect the strikes?
Is there anywhere I can lodge a complaint?
It's not legislated yet, and as I recall, it won't affect buses. Its a terrible bill and another attack on civil liberties.

As for a complaint: hello@gonortheast.co.uk

ASX_Terranova   13 Oct 2023, 2:37 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 2:29 pm)Adrian wrote It's not legislated yet, and as I recall, it won't affect buses. Its a terrible bill and another attack on civil liberties.

As for a complaint: hello@gonortheast.co.uk

I was thinking more Nexus, Council or MP, emailing GNE isnt gonna give them a kick up the backside is it. We've got to try and force change.

Rob44   13 Oct 2023, 2:42 pm
Few people at work saying they'll not be able to get to work when they are on strike. " doesn't the GCT service go near where youy leve and drop you off here at work" i say. Yeh but its a fiferent bus stop and extra 1/4 of a mile to walk... worskshy........!!!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   13 Oct 2023, 2:46 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 2:37 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote I was thinking more Nexus, Council or MP, emailing GNE isnt gonna give them a kick up the backside is it. We've got to try and force change.
I mean, if you've got a secured service operated by GNE, then you could write to Nexus. They can do jack all about commercial services though.

You can find contact details for Councillors and your MP here: https://www.writetothem.com/
(13 Oct 2023, 2:42 pm)Rob44 wrote Few people at work saying they'll not be able to get to work when they are on strike. " doesn't the GCT service go near where youy leve and drop you off here at work" i say. Yeh but its a fiferent bus stop and extra 1/4 of a mile to walk... worskshy........!!!
Some people genuinely have no alternative, e.g. Washington, where GNE has a monopoly.

I genuinely feel for those who are impacted by it, as I have done when I've been on strike myself. It's unfortunate they get caught in the middle of it, but ultimately, this is a very last resort in order to try and apply some leverage on an employer.

ASX_Terranova   13 Oct 2023, 2:48 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 2:46 pm)Adrian wrote I mean, if you've got a secured service operated by GNE, then you could write to Nexus. They can do jack all about commercial services though.

You can find contact details for Councillors and your MP here: https://www.writetothem.com/
Some people genuinely have no alternative, e.g. Washington, where GNE has a monopoly.

I genuinely feel for those who are impacted by it, as I have done when I've been on strike myself. It's unfortunate they get caught in the middle of it, but ultimately, this is a very last resort in order to try and apply some leverage on an employer.

I might complain to nexus, as I live on the 81/82 route

Thomas12   13 Oct 2023, 2:59 pm
Seen this on Facebook, embarrassing
Attached Files
Rob44   13 Oct 2023, 3:11 pm
(13 Oct 2023, 2:59 pm)Thomas12 wrote Seen this on Facebook, embarrassing

That new logo looks quite nice though.....
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   13 Oct 2023, 3:11 pm
Surely at this point, DCC and Nexus could legitimately consider them to be unable to deliver their secured services. I would encourage anyone reliant on those to make a lot of noise.
idiot   13 Oct 2023, 3:25 pm
Just had an email from GNE about the strike... Two sides to every story, be interesting to hear union reps side of it.
Pages (47)    114 15 1647