Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Red Kite Ranger | A new brand for services 47/47A | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Red Kite Ranger | A new brand for services 47/47A

Red Kite Ranger | A new brand for services 47/47A

RE: Ne14ne1
(05 Oct 2021, 2:37 pm)Keeiajs wrote While NSA are good you have to feel sorry for the driver hearing that all day......
Probably goes to home to his/her family saying to the family members. This is the East Gateshead Loop 93 services to Gateshead
Ne14ne1
(05 Oct 2021, 2:29 pm)Dan wrote Good job they only say Berries, Cherry, etc then…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said that was the case for the Sunderland lot but not the East Gateshead ones…
RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
What vehicles are the Red Kit Ranger getting, I thought they would be getting Ex-Coaster buses, but it seems they are getting 6043-6048/9
Go North East - Recent Repaints
(05 Oct 2021, 3:07 pm)Keeiajs wrote What vehicles are the Red Kit Ranger getting, I thought they would be getting Ex-Coaster buses, but it seems they are getting 6043-6048/9

Probably there are euro6 vehicles and the coaster double deckers are only euro5 vehicles

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...202021.pdf

List of Euro numbers are on the right hand side

(05 Oct 2021, 1:48 pm)Dan wrote If Go North East retain the Hexham contracts next year, I'd not be surprised if we saw an orange and blue Tynedale Links, which will tie the 10, X84/X85 and local services together... What's stupid about that?

Are all of the Tynedale Links contracted services?
(05 Oct 2021, 2:37 pm)Keeiajs wrote While NSA are good you have to feel sorry for the driver hearing that all day......
Tbh, they probably don't even hear it anymore.

After years of using the X21 regularly, which has what, 70 odd stops, I often forget she's even there!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
(05 Oct 2021, 8:15 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Tbh, they probably don't even hear it anymore.

After years of using the X21 regularly, which has what, 70 odd stops, I often forget she's even there!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I am probably the same, I hear it a few times, and just drown it out now that I think about it, but on some buses it is especially loud, some buses you have to try to hear it as the engine is too loud, or the bus is shaking.
(05 Oct 2021, 8:38 pm)Keeiajs wrote I am probably the same, I hear it a few times, and just drown it out now that I think about it, but on some buses it is especially loud, some buses you have to try to hear it as the engine is too loud, or the bus is shaking.

I've never really had that problem with a GNE bus, it's normally the opposite where it's too loud. I've lost count of the amount of time I've got on the bus while on the phone and accidentally sat under a speaker and had to hang up the call because I couldn't hear over the top of it!
(05 Oct 2021, 9:28 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I've never really had that problem with a GNE bus, it's normally the opposite where it's too loud. I've lost count of the amount of time I've got on the bus while on the phone and accidentally sat under a speaker and had to hang up the call because I couldn't hear over the top of it!
Oh I did that once on 78 from Consett-Sunderland (2 Hours) never again. 

But tbh I generally hate the 78/8 for some reason. I think it is because the route is too long, boring and its just a plain streetlite. Honestly I will try to get on any other service than the 78/8.
(09 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm)ne14ne1 wrote So the 10 repaints got a contrasting swoop under the windscreen but the 47s didn’t:

https://flic.kr/p/2mz1JLK

The Red Kite branding is a bit of mistake imo. The Red Kite used to be the 45 / 46 with the 47 being Toonlink. Now the 45/46 is X Lines with the 47 extended to Consett doing the exact same route according to the branding on the side as the old Red Kite. It's all a bit confusing for someone who doesn't use buses very often.

The contrasting swoop is on everything apart from the 47 aswell.
Go North East - Recent Repaints
(09 Oct 2021, 3:49 pm)Storx wrote The Red Kite branding is a bit of mistake imo. The Red Kite used to be the 45 / 46 with the 47 being Toonlink. Now the 45/46 is X Lines with the 47 extended to Consett doing the exact same route according to the branding on the side as the old Red Kite. It's all a bit confusing for someone who doesn't use buses very often.

Doesn’t the x45/46 branded xlines buses have the red kite on the side of the bus

(09 Oct 2021, 3:51 pm)cbma06 wrote Doesn’t the x45/46 branded xlines buses have the red kite on the side of the bus

Not too sure, think they do yeah. I was more thinking the other way someone in Consett seeing the new branded Red Kite bus who hasn't used it in awhile and no mention of numbers could easily think that's the bus they want to the Metro Centre for example and then end up going on a magical mystery tour and never using it again since it takes forever especially since the X47 was X Lines aswell.

Just quite confusing wouldn't be too bad if it mentions it does the High Spen loop but the branding is Consett -> Riding Mill -> Metro Centre -> Newcastle which doesn't really suggest that. Not sure why it couldn't be X Lines anyway tbh, it's the same route as the X45/X46 to Riding Mill bar it stopping along Teams but sure that could be changed and the buses are the same age and spec as the ones on the X5/X15 anyway now and the X72 does a similar magical mystery tour to Stanley.
(09 Oct 2021, 6:08 pm)Storx wrote Not too sure, think they do yeah. I was more thinking the other way someone in Consett seeing the new branded Red Kite bus who hasn't used it in awhile and no mention of numbers could easily think that's the bus they want to the Metro Centre for example and then end up going on a magical mystery tour and never using it again since it takes forever especially since the X47 was X Lines aswell.

Just quite confusing wouldn't be too bad if it mentions it does the High Spen loop but the branding is Consett -> Riding Mill -> Metro Centre -> Newcastle which doesn't really suggest that. Not sure why it couldn't be X Lines anyway tbh, it's the same route as the X45/X46 to Riding Mill bar it stopping along Teams but sure that could be changed and the buses are the same age and spec as the ones on the X5/X15 anyway now and the X72 does a similar magical mystery tour to Stanley.
Think you mean Rowlands Gill.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(09 Oct 2021, 6:08 pm)Storx wrote Not too sure, think they do yeah. I was more thinking the other way someone in Consett seeing the new branded Red Kite bus who hasn't used it in awhile and no mention of numbers could easily think that's the bus they want to the Metro Centre for example and then end up going on a magical mystery tour and never using it again since it takes forever especially since the X47 was X Lines aswell.

I do actually agree with you on this.

Blackhall Mill should actually be included on the branding. As for the destination display (with a change in Blackhall Mill), it should be:

47/A: Blackhall Mill
        then Newcastle

then Consett
(09 Oct 2021, 3:51 pm)cbma06 wrote Doesn’t the x45/46 branded xlines buses have the red kite on the side of the bus

6363 NK70BYN | Wright Streetdeck Micro-Hybrid 6363 travels a… | Flickr

All of the Streetdecks have the Kite quite prominently mid way along the upper deck

(09 Oct 2021, 6:03 pm)Keeiajs wrote Look at the front of the voilet/cherry then look at the Connections 4 Front.
That's right , they ought to have a red bib under the screen in the same style as the X lines 5328-33. The Sunderland District legend would be central in that bib and reinforce the District umbrella.
(09 Oct 2021, 10:54 pm)L469 YVK wrote I do actually agree with you on this.

Blackhall Mill should actually be included on the branding. As for the destination display (with a change in Blackhall Mill), it should be:

then Newcastle

then Consett

Probably not a bad idea that, I know legally you have to split the route to do it (not sure if there's an complications with doing it) but it would make it easier as there's not really any reason why anyone would be going beyond the points unless they live on one of the unique sections so wouldn't really be a problem. Certainly removes the confusion in Consett or Newcastle / Rowlands Gill (I did mean that btw).
(10 Oct 2021, 7:47 am)Storx wrote Probably not a bad idea that, I know legally you have to split the route to do it (not sure if there's an complications with doing it) but it would make it easier as there's not really any reason why anyone would be going beyond the points unless they live on one of the unique sections so wouldn't really be a problem. Certainly removes the confusion in Consett or Newcastle / Rowlands Gill (I did mean that btw).
I know GNE tried this in the late 00's with the Coaster.

It used to be something like:

1/2 Newcastle
then Kibblesworth / Wrekenton
(10 Oct 2021, 6:19 am)54APhotography wrote 6363 NK70BYN | Wright Streetdeck Micro-Hybrid 6363 travels a… | Flickr

All of the Streetdecks have the Kite quite prominently mid way along the upper deck

That's right , they ought to have a red bib under the screen in the same style as the X lines 5328-33. The Sunderland District legend would be central in that bib and reinforce the District umbrella.
Tbh I wish they did that for the S&D as I think it looks really nice.
(09 Oct 2021, 3:49 pm)Storx wrote The Red Kite branding is a bit of mistake imo. The Red Kite used to be the 45 / 46 with the 47 being Toonlink. Now the 45/46 is X Lines with the 47 extended to Consett doing the exact same route according to the branding on the side as the old Red Kite. It's all a bit confusing for someone who doesn't use buses very often.

Red Kite was a nice brand on the Scania Omnicitys before the Streetlites and Dealer stock Gemini 2's arrived.
47 is a little different. 45 and 46 and 47 all serve Shotley Bridge but the 47 heads to Shotley Bridge Hospital before Ebchester.
the 47A goes to Ebchester then Medomsley redoing the old 46A kinda but then heads to the Hat & Feather by Leadgate.
its not that confusing tbh.  
Smile
lewmal21658
Unregistered

yea they do
(11 Oct 2021, 6:04 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Red Kite was a nice brand on the Scania Omnicitys before the Streetlites and Dealer stock Gemini 2's arrived.
47 is a little different. 45 and 46 and 47 all serve Shotley Bridge but the 47 heads to Shotley Bridge Hospital before Ebchester.
the 47A goes to Ebchester then Medomsley redoing the old 46A kinda but then heads to the Hat & Feather by Leadgate.
Smile
The confusing part is someone could jump on at Consett wanting to go to the Metrocentre only to be taken around the world via Chopwell.

You wouldn't exactly be able to tell it apart as a "secondary" service compared to the X45/X46 as the route isn't exactly run by boneshakers and the branding is decent. And to be fair, the 47 has always been a fairly strong route.
(11 Oct 2021, 6:04 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Red Kite was a nice brand on the Scania Omnicitys before the Streetlites and Dealer stock Gemini 2's arrived.
Smile

No, the Red Kite was never a nice brand.
It was absolutely terrifying.

Having spent many a dark night in the car being followed by those beady eyes on the front of the bus, I was definitely glad to see the back of them!
(11 Oct 2021, 10:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote No, the Red Kite was never a nice brand.
It was absolutely terrifying.

Having spent many a dark night in the car being followed by those beady eyes on the front of the bus, I was definitely glad to see the back of them!
I didn't mind it. Was one of my favourites alongside Bargain Bus and Route 19
(11 Oct 2021, 10:59 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Same, silver arrows was my favourite.

Christ, does anyone round here have taste!

Whilst we're on the subject, what is the bloody obsession with Red Kites? If they were unique to the area I'd understand, but they're not!
I grew up in the 'red kite country', and other than I think one school trip to Thornley Woodlands Centre nobody mentioned the buggers!
(11 Oct 2021, 10:59 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Same, silver arrows was my favourite.
Whey Aye Five O was my favourite brand by far. Sad it got eliminated.
just cause it had stickers on the window.
and yeah silver arrows was a good brand.