You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Stagecoach Sunderland
It be a stupid move by Stagecoach as they would lose the opportunity to associate the E-prefix with the fact the buses are Electric, heck they could use the Economic name as the brand for the electric buses with the Eco highlighted in green.
(13 Jan 2024, 12:00 pm)Rapidsnap wrote It be a stupid move by Stagecoach as they would lose the opportunity to associate the E-prefix with the fact the buses are Electric, heck they could use the Economic name as the brand for the electric buses with the Eco highlighted in green.

Great idea, a nod to the past and the future. I m not that into route branding, however the E’s are perfect for it. I m sure the people who follow Economic on FB would agree.
(12 Jan 2024, 11:27 pm)nova347 wrote No there not. It literally says in the Article "The largest benefactor will be Stagecoach North East. It is to receive 20 single-deckers for routes E1, E2 and E6 between Sunderland and South Shields."

PVR of the E1/2/6 only looks to be 10 at the minute - getting twice the PVR seems excessive. Wonder if any other routes are involved?
(14 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm)busmanT wrote PVR of the E1/2/6 only looks to be 10 at the minute - getting twice the PVR seems excessive. Wonder if any other routes are involved?

Unless they increase the E's back to every 20 mins (7 mins combined) again, using that government funding.

Hopefully the likes of the 10/11 or 23, actually get decent buses for once... if the rest will be allocated elsewhere.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm)busmanT wrote PVR of the E1/2/6 only looks to be 10 at the minute - getting twice the PVR seems excessive. Wonder if any other routes are involved?

my thoughts would be interworking with the 20 and possibly the X24 for the CAZ(?) Then they would have enough albeit no spares.
Current allocations are;
3 - 6x E300 Gas
4/13 - 15x E300 diesel and gas
8 - 2x E200
10/11 - 8x E200
16 - 7x E300 Gas
18 - 1x E200 + 1x E400 (Scholars)
20 - 4x E300 Gas
23 - 5x E200 + 1x E400 (Sch)
E1/2/6 - 10x E300 Diesel
X24 - 3x E300 Gas
I might be incorrect, but isn't there still 4 electric buses which are totally unaccounted for? I'm going to assume that Arriva, potentially, will be getting some for the 43 extension recently, still leaves 2 if I'm correct though?
Stagecoach Sunderland
Are all of the remaining gas buses at Sunderland to be eventually sold off, or are some being retained?

There are around 30 gas buses left in service, but only 20 electric buses on order which leaves a shortfall of around ten vehicles, meaning some secondhand acquisitions would be needed or further service reductions.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the latest news thread, it’s sometimes tricky to keep track of that is actually going on over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(13 Feb 2024, 5:58 pm)GrahamD83 wrote Are all of the remaining gas buses at Sunderland to be eventually sold off, or are some being retained?

There are around 30 gas buses left in service, but only 20 electric buses on order which leaves a shortfall of around ten vehicles, meaning some secondhand acquisitions would be needed or further service reductions.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the latest news thread, it’s sometimes tricky to keep track of that is actually going on over there.

Think the plan is now for the 27*** buses to replace the remaining gas buses, likely to replace 39731/32 too.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I think 36050 was meant to replace one of the 39s eventually. 28001-20 I believe are staying for the time being with 21-40 being sold on.

Truth is though I don't think even Stagecoach themselves know what the plan is.
(08 Mar 2024, 8:40 pm)F114TML wrote I think 36050 was meant to replace one of the 39s eventually. 28001-20 I believe are staying for the time being with 21-40 being sold on.

I'll pretend to be shocked.

Really would of thought they'll of had a plan, oh well, they might surprise us and keep the remaining gas buses alongside the electrics.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Mar 2024, 9:53 pm)F114TML wrote Well the chargers are apparently going in the shed, so there'd be no need to rip out the gas plant.

Wonder if they're hoping the ZEBRA bids in both Stockton and Newcastle will sort it out, 40+ buses in Stockton is a fair few and there's going to be the remaining 64 Plate Enviro's down there going free which on paper should sort it out.

Obviously whether they can last that long is another question mind.
Site Administrator
Stagecoach Sunderland
(08 Mar 2024, 8:40 pm)F114TML wrote I think 36050 was meant to replace one of the 39s eventually. 28001-20 I believe are staying for the time being with 21-40 being sold on.

Interesting that the Euro 5 gas buses will remain, whilst the younger Euro 6 ones are disposed of.

Presumably the loss of the 317 (PVR -5), partly offset by the PVR increase of the 35 (PVR +1), will allow the withdrawal of further 39xxx series E200s.

Michael, I stand corrected.

Passed 3 Stagecoach Yutongs on the A19 coming into work. All on trade plates so I assume they're waiting till the 74 reg comes out.
(07 Aug 2024, 2:07 pm)F114TML wrote Michael, I stand corrected.

Passed 3 Stagecoach Yutongs on the A19 coming into work. All on trade plates so I assume they're waiting till the 74 reg comes out.

Oh nice, good to see them starting to arrive!

Makes sense for them to wait for the 74 regs, especially with all the work needed to be done in the depot.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.