Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 48 Next
07 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 7:53 am)ifm001 The whole idea of this service is to Enable those a passengers of south shields and boldon who do not have easy access to a metro station To Enable an easier passage direct to Gateshead and newcastle.  I work late evenings and Sundays and would give my right arm to have the x34 operate later at night and Sundays and bank holidays. The way it is at the moment I have to endure a 20 mins walk off the metro through the so called 'nature reserve' to get home. Which isn't always a safe route.

I'm in the same boat as you, sometimes I need to get to parts of South Shields quite late on a night that aren't served by a metro which means I'm faced with an extra 30 minutes in travel time from the metro, so I would also like to see it extended. However as a commercial service it's down to whether or not enough people would pay to use it so as to generate profit, even if it had to be subsidised that'd be an improvement on the current level of service provided. Sundays however I believe it could do quite well, during Christmas time when it was provided on that day passenger numbers weren't too bad, and if it was advertised enough then I think it could be a good investment 
Busman69
07 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm #41

(07 Jun 2015, 7:53 am)ifm001 The whole idea of this service is to Enable those a passengers of south shields and boldon who do not have easy access to a metro station To Enable an easier passage direct to Gateshead and newcastle.  I work late evenings and Sundays and would give my right arm to have the x34 operate later at night and Sundays and bank holidays. The way it is at the moment I have to endure a 20 mins walk off the metro through the so called 'nature reserve' to get home. Which isn't always a safe route.

I'm in the same boat as you, sometimes I need to get to parts of South Shields quite late on a night that aren't served by a metro which means I'm faced with an extra 30 minutes in travel time from the metro, so I would also like to see it extended. However as a commercial service it's down to whether or not enough people would pay to use it so as to generate profit, even if it had to be subsidised that'd be an improvement on the current level of service provided. Sundays however I believe it could do quite well, during Christmas time when it was provided on that day passenger numbers weren't too bad, and if it was advertised enough then I think it could be a good investment 

07 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm)Busman69 I'm in the same boat as you, sometimes I need to get to parts of South Shields quite late on a night that aren't served by a metro which means I'm faced with an extra 30 minutes in travel time from the metro, so I would also like to see it extended. However as a commercial service it's down to whether or not enough people would pay to use it so as to generate profit, even if it had to be subsidised that'd be an improvement on the current level of service provided. Sundays however I believe it could do quite well, during Christmas time when it was provided on that day passenger numbers weren't too bad, and if it was advertised enough then I think it could be a good investment 

Again Sundays could do with being extended later than the 1710 as over the Christmas period. Those of us working in the metro centre using the 100 to connect with x34 cannot get the last one When you finish at 5pm. Even an extension to just 6pm would be appreciated
LVK 404L
07 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm #42

(07 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm)Busman69 I'm in the same boat as you, sometimes I need to get to parts of South Shields quite late on a night that aren't served by a metro which means I'm faced with an extra 30 minutes in travel time from the metro, so I would also like to see it extended. However as a commercial service it's down to whether or not enough people would pay to use it so as to generate profit, even if it had to be subsidised that'd be an improvement on the current level of service provided. Sundays however I believe it could do quite well, during Christmas time when it was provided on that day passenger numbers weren't too bad, and if it was advertised enough then I think it could be a good investment 

Again Sundays could do with being extended later than the 1710 as over the Christmas period. Those of us working in the metro centre using the 100 to connect with x34 cannot get the last one When you finish at 5pm. Even an extension to just 6pm would be appreciated

07 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm)ifm001 Again Sundays could do with being extended later than the 1710 as over the Christmas period. Those of us working in the metro centre using the 100 to connect with x34 cannot get the last one When you finish at 5pm. Even an extension to just 6pm would be appreciated

It could also do with stopping at heworth on sundays too, to attract more passengers that would otherwise need to catch the 35. It would also improve reliability too if this was used as a timing spot
Busman69
07 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm #43

(07 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm)ifm001 Again Sundays could do with being extended later than the 1710 as over the Christmas period. Those of us working in the metro centre using the 100 to connect with x34 cannot get the last one When you finish at 5pm. Even an extension to just 6pm would be appreciated

It could also do with stopping at heworth on sundays too, to attract more passengers that would otherwise need to catch the 35. It would also improve reliability too if this was used as a timing spot

07 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm
(05 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm)Youngymmv There's some rumours flying about that x34 in South Shields could be first in North East to move to gold standard with second hand e400s from Oxfordshire. Is there any substance to this?

Kind regards

Chris

It does sound legit, but only if Oxfordshire are getting new Gold buses.  
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm #44

(05 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm)Youngymmv There's some rumours flying about that x34 in South Shields could be first in North East to move to gold standard with second hand e400s from Oxfordshire. Is there any substance to this?

Kind regards

Chris

It does sound legit, but only if Oxfordshire are getting new Gold buses.  

Dan
Site Administrator
07 Jun 2015, 1:18 pm
The ADL Enviro400s on the X34 at the moment sound like they've had better days. Took ages for 19197 to get up Lizard Lane bank on the E2 earlier!

The orange bars on 27736 are more grey and brown than orange, on the pushchair and wheelchair bays.
Dan
07 Jun 2015, 1:18 pm #45

The ADL Enviro400s on the X34 at the moment sound like they've had better days. Took ages for 19197 to get up Lizard Lane bank on the E2 earlier!

The orange bars on 27736 are more grey and brown than orange, on the pushchair and wheelchair bays.

07 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm

Kind regards

Chris

Oxfordshire are not getting any new Gold deckers this year, only standard E400MMCs.
Kuyoyo
07 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm #46

Kind regards

Chris

Oxfordshire are not getting any new Gold deckers this year, only standard E400MMCs.

07 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm)Kuyoyo Oxfordshire are not getting any new Gold deckers this year, only standard E400MMCs.

And what Tony says.... Tongue

Remember Arriva got the last examples of the Volvo B9's  Big Grin
citaro5284
07 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm #47

(07 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm)Kuyoyo Oxfordshire are not getting any new Gold deckers this year, only standard E400MMCs.

And what Tony says.... Tongue

07 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm)citaro5284 And what Tony says.... Tongue

And you know better on this - I have seen the order list. All Oxford are getting is E400MMC to standard specification - no E400MMCs are GOLD.
Kuyoyo
07 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm #48

And you know better on this - I have seen the order list. All Oxford are getting is E400MMC to standard specification - no E400MMCs are GOLD.

07 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm

Tony is correct, only New Standard Spec E400MMC's for Oxford, as given that I work for Stagecoach, I do have full access to our Delivery Schedules. Though I certainly would NOT share, the full details on here, given that all you seem to do is slap each other down.
Martin Rogers
07 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm #49

Tony is correct, only New Standard Spec E400MMC's for Oxford, as given that I work for Stagecoach, I do have full access to our Delivery Schedules. Though I certainly would NOT share, the full details on here, given that all you seem to do is slap each other down.

07 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm)Martin Rogers Tony is correct, only New Standard Spec E400MMC's for Oxford, as given that I work for Stagecoach, I do have full access to our Delivery Schedules. Though I certainly would NOT share, the full details on here, given that all you seem to do is slap each other down.

You'd not share full details, because it's a forum, and people can sometimes have a difference of opinion? I'd be a bit boring if everybody was wanting to blow everyone else's flute.

Everybody can be wrong about something, as inevitably plans do change. It's often more about the way people are corrected, rather than that they are corrected.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm #50

(07 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm)Martin Rogers Tony is correct, only New Standard Spec E400MMC's for Oxford, as given that I work for Stagecoach, I do have full access to our Delivery Schedules. Though I certainly would NOT share, the full details on here, given that all you seem to do is slap each other down.

You'd not share full details, because it's a forum, and people can sometimes have a difference of opinion? I'd be a bit boring if everybody was wanting to blow everyone else's flute.

Everybody can be wrong about something, as inevitably plans do change. It's often more about the way people are corrected, rather than that they are corrected.

07 Jun 2015, 2:29 pm
Could the 6 vehicles supposedly coming from Oxford not be standard spec and receive upgrade to gold spec on arrival in North East.
When this was originally reported a few weeks back did the member not state 6 x 58 reg examples and I'm sure I have seen 6 vehicles on the Oxford fleet list out of sync with the rest of Stage coach Oxford.
Apologies in advance if I have got this mixed up
LVK 404L
07 Jun 2015, 2:29 pm #51

Could the 6 vehicles supposedly coming from Oxford not be standard spec and receive upgrade to gold spec on arrival in North East.
When this was originally reported a few weeks back did the member not state 6 x 58 reg examples and I'm sure I have seen 6 vehicles on the Oxford fleet list out of sync with the rest of Stage coach Oxford.
Apologies in advance if I have got this mixed up

07 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm)Kuyoyo And you know better on this - I have seen the order list. All Oxford are getting is E400MMC to standard specification - no E400MMCs are GOLD.

I'm not quite sure how citaro5284's comment has been interpreted as a rude comment, the fact that two smilies were used is an immediate indication that he was joking; as opposed to a rude remark.

I notice in your response to Youngymmv, the boldness of the word not comes across as very rude. He was simply asking if anybody else knew of a rumour, or was able to clarify it; while you did that, it was done in an appalling manner. I also note that this isn't the first time I've read one of your posts and thought ''that is a bit rude''.
R852 PRG
07 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm #52

(07 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm)Kuyoyo And you know better on this - I have seen the order list. All Oxford are getting is E400MMC to standard specification - no E400MMCs are GOLD.

I'm not quite sure how citaro5284's comment has been interpreted as a rude comment, the fact that two smilies were used is an immediate indication that he was joking; as opposed to a rude remark.

I notice in your response to Youngymmv, the boldness of the word not comes across as very rude. He was simply asking if anybody else knew of a rumour, or was able to clarify it; while you did that, it was done in an appalling manner. I also note that this isn't the first time I've read one of your posts and thought ''that is a bit rude''.

07 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm
The 14:45 service E1, ran by 27732 (NK11 BFY) from Bents Park/Sundial Pub to Sunderland turned up 23 minutes late!

This vehicle sounds different when it breaks/slows down due having a different whistling noise. I know that this vehicle has had many break downs in the past, so it must have had something replaced.

Speaking of ADL E300s, does anyone know when 27739 will reappear! I haven't seen it for at least two months!
AIG20
07 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm #53

The 14:45 service E1, ran by 27732 (NK11 BFY) from Bents Park/Sundial Pub to Sunderland turned up 23 minutes late!

This vehicle sounds different when it breaks/slows down due having a different whistling noise. I know that this vehicle has had many break downs in the past, so it must have had something replaced.

Speaking of ADL E300s, does anyone know when 27739 will reappear! I haven't seen it for at least two months!

07 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm

Do you?, what about if he does?

Just because you've seen the order list doesn't mean you know everything about the Stagecoach order and you don't have to have a attitude.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm #54

Do you?, what about if he does?

Just because you've seen the order list doesn't mean you know everything about the Stagecoach order and you don't have to have a attitude.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan
Site Administrator
07 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm)AIG20 The 14:45 service E1, ran by 27732 (NK11 BFY) from Bents Park/Sundial Pub to Sunderland turned up 23 minutes late!

I think it was 27732 that was on my E1 this morning - there seemed to be some sort of vibrating/knocking underneath my feet, which cannot usually be felt.

Delays have been hideous on the E1/E2/E6 services today - buses running 20 - 30 minutes late have been quite common based on the services I've seen. Probably relates to frequency not matching demand - the sun comes out and all of the North East fancies going to the beach!
Dan
07 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm #55

(07 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm)AIG20 The 14:45 service E1, ran by 27732 (NK11 BFY) from Bents Park/Sundial Pub to Sunderland turned up 23 minutes late!

I think it was 27732 that was on my E1 this morning - there seemed to be some sort of vibrating/knocking underneath my feet, which cannot usually be felt.

Delays have been hideous on the E1/E2/E6 services today - buses running 20 - 30 minutes late have been quite common based on the services I've seen. Probably relates to frequency not matching demand - the sun comes out and all of the North East fancies going to the beach!

07 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm)Dan I think it was 27732 that was on my E1 this morning - there seemed to be some sort of vibrating/knocking underneath my feet, which cannot usually be felt.

It's been that way for the past few years now. I done a few Sunday outings last year using the Es, and they tend to leave Sunderland with standing room only. For some reason though the 35 used to be a bit hit and miss. One could be packed, and the next could be empty. I'm not sure whether this has changed recently.

Washington to Shields on the 50 can be bad too, but I've not used that so far this year. One an hour, but taking into account it's the fast link between the Galleries and Sulgrave too. I know there's the 4, but OAPs won't (and sometimes physically can't) walk when they can get the bus for free.

Adrian
07 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm #56

(07 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm)Dan I think it was 27732 that was on my E1 this morning - there seemed to be some sort of vibrating/knocking underneath my feet, which cannot usually be felt.

It's been that way for the past few years now. I done a few Sunday outings last year using the Es, and they tend to leave Sunderland with standing room only. For some reason though the 35 used to be a bit hit and miss. One could be packed, and the next could be empty. I'm not sure whether this has changed recently.

Washington to Shields on the 50 can be bad too, but I've not used that so far this year. One an hour, but taking into account it's the fast link between the Galleries and Sulgrave too. I know there's the 4, but OAPs won't (and sometimes physically can't) walk when they can get the bus for free.

07 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm
Does anyone know about the Olympian parked on Walker Riverside?

Saw it from the Hebburn side, parked between Building Futures North East and one of the Shepherd sites.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm #57

Does anyone know about the Olympian parked on Walker Riverside?

Saw it from the Hebburn side, parked between Building Futures North East and one of the Shepherd sites.

Dan
Site Administrator
07 Jun 2015, 3:26 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm)aureolin It's been that way for the past few years now. I done a few Sunday outings last year using the Es, and they tend to leave Sunderland with standing room only. For some reason though the 35 used to be a bit hit and miss. One could be packed, and the next could be empty. I'm not sure whether this has changed recently.

Both services can leave Park Lane relatively empty (but also relatively full), but as soon as they hit Fawcett Street, you stand no chance of getting a seat. In terms of passenger numbers, the 'E' services will win every time when the sun comes out, as there's no other link from Sunderland to the beach at Seaburn. For passengers travelling onward to South Shields, I'd say that the 20/20A services are probably busier, as the 'E' services seem to provide more local links. If you opt for GNE's 20/20A to go to Seaburn, you've got a hell of a walk from Fulwell. Similar story if you get the Metro, which only saves you a few minutes if getting the 20/20A.

Stagecoach combats the higher loadings with the three ADL Enviro400s on Sundays, but it's still not ideal and doesn't help late-running in the slightest. If it's raining, you'll find every single bus will be empty, so increasing the frequency really couldn't be justified.
Dan
07 Jun 2015, 3:26 pm #58

(07 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm)aureolin It's been that way for the past few years now. I done a few Sunday outings last year using the Es, and they tend to leave Sunderland with standing room only. For some reason though the 35 used to be a bit hit and miss. One could be packed, and the next could be empty. I'm not sure whether this has changed recently.

Both services can leave Park Lane relatively empty (but also relatively full), but as soon as they hit Fawcett Street, you stand no chance of getting a seat. In terms of passenger numbers, the 'E' services will win every time when the sun comes out, as there's no other link from Sunderland to the beach at Seaburn. For passengers travelling onward to South Shields, I'd say that the 20/20A services are probably busier, as the 'E' services seem to provide more local links. If you opt for GNE's 20/20A to go to Seaburn, you've got a hell of a walk from Fulwell. Similar story if you get the Metro, which only saves you a few minutes if getting the 20/20A.

Stagecoach combats the higher loadings with the three ADL Enviro400s on Sundays, but it's still not ideal and doesn't help late-running in the slightest. If it's raining, you'll find every single bus will be empty, so increasing the frequency really couldn't be justified.

DanPicken
Banned
07 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm)Andreos1 Does anyone know about the Olympian parked on Walker Riverside?

Believe its the one to be converted into a library.
DanPicken
07 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm #59

(07 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm)Andreos1 Does anyone know about the Olympian parked on Walker Riverside?

Believe its the one to be converted into a library.

07 Jun 2015, 3:44 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm)danpick Believe its the one to be converted into a library.

Ah, interesting.
Never heard about the library conversion. Any idea which one it is?

It isn't possible to get onto the site (if the security guard is still there), but clearly visible from the opposite side of the river.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2015, 3:44 pm #60

(07 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm)danpick Believe its the one to be converted into a library.

Ah, interesting.
Never heard about the library conversion. Any idea which one it is?

It isn't possible to get onto the site (if the security guard is still there), but clearly visible from the opposite side of the river.

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 48 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 2661
Views 734312
22 minutes ago
Last Post by Glen1974
Replies 24
Views 10583
23 Jun 2021, 9:44 pm
Last Post by JM03