Menu

Pages (45)    130 31 3245   
Andreos1   22 Jun 2016, 11:45 am
(22 Jun 2016, 10:35 am)Michael wrote Stupid question but here it is anyway...

I signed up in April to vote in the EU referendum and the email said Sunderland Council would get back to me to tell me that i can vote but they haven't...

Does this mean i can still vote?

Here is part of the email:

Thanks for your application to be added to the electoral register or to update your details.

Your reference number is (removed my number)

We've sent your application to Sunderland City Council. They'll contact you as soon as possible to confirm you're registered to vote, or to ask for more information.

If you have any questions about your application, contact them using the details below.

I reckon there has been a mix up somewhere and you're not voting tomorrow!

Maybe worth following that advice at the bottom of the email and speaking to the council Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MurdnunoC   22 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 10:35 am)Michael wrote Stupid question but here it is anyway...

I signed up in April to vote in the EU referendum and the email said Sunderland Council would get back to me to tell me that i can vote but they haven't...

Thanks for your application to be added to the electoral register or to update your details.

We've sent your application to Sunderland City Council. They'll contact you as soon as possible to confirm you're registered to vote, or to ask for more information.

If you have any questions about your application, contact them using the details below.

Have you received your polling card?
Have you voted in any other election?
Michael   22 Jun 2016, 6:43 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Have you received your polling card?
Have you voted in any other election?

Don't think I've received out for it but i wanted to go to the polls anyway as its just along the road, first time voting! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   22 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 6:43 pm)Michael wrote Don't think I've received out for it but i wanted to go to the polls anyway as its just along the road, first time voting! 

But have you received a polling card before and decided not to vote (for whatever reason)?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   22 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm)MurdnunoC wrote But have you received a polling card before and decided not to vote (for whatever reason)?

Ye i think i have, i haven't voted recently because I've never had any interest in it but now, i think its time i should take notice

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   22 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 7:03 pm)Michael wrote Ye i think i have, i haven't voted recently because I've never had any interest in it but now, i think its time i should take notice

Right. That means you were probably already registered to vote and didn't need to register again unless you've moved house within the last five years or so.
Michael   22 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Right. That means you were probably already registered to vote and didn't need to register again unless you've moved house within the last five years or so.

Ah right, that's good, thanks, sorry if it sounded like the dumbest question ever!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   22 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm)Michael wrote Ah right, that's good, thanks, sorry if it sounded like the dumbest question ever!

If you don't have a card, turn up at your local polling station with some proof of address (eg bank statement, bill or recent official letter such as student loan correspondence). They usually know how to deal with people who have lost their cards - they have a list of people eligible to vote there on them.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   22 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm
MichaelStupid question but here it is anyway...

Just check at the polling station unless you had a postal vote.

I hope it works out for you Smile
Michael   22 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm)BusLoverMum wrote If you don't have a card, turn up at your local polling station with some proof of address (eg bank statement, bill or recent official letter such as student loan correspondence). They usually know how to deal with people who have lost their cards - they have a list of people eligible to vote there on them.

Cheers BLM, can i use my provisonal?

lets hope when i get to the place

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
northern156   22 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm
(22 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm)Michael wrote Cheers BLM, can i use my provisonal?

lets hope when i get to the place

I'm almost certain provisional driving licenses are classed as a legal form of ID. Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
MurdnunoC   23 Jun 2016, 7:59 am
(22 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm)northern156 wrote I'm almost certain provisional driving licenses are classed as a legal form of ID. Smile

Yes, photocard driving licences are classed as an acceptable form of legal ID.

The full list can be found here (click on 'Proof of identity checklist for individuals):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-checklist
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   23 Jun 2016, 8:04 am
(23 Jun 2016, 7:59 am)MurdnunoC wrote Yes, photocard driving licences are classed as an acceptable form of legal ID.

The full list can be found here (click on 'Proof of identity checklist for individuals):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-checklist
Cheers. I would've had a look myself if I was at all arsed last night. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Michael   23 Jun 2016, 10:26 am
My vote is in...

Make sure yours counts.. No complaining if it doesn't go the way you wanted it to nd you didn't vote...
Unless you're under age

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   23 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 10:26 am)Michael wrote Unless you're under age

Sadly yes, 6 years and two weeks until I turn 18
Adrian   23 Jun 2016, 4:58 pm
My vote is in. I've used a permanent marker, just in case one of those crafty counters has one of these bad boys in their pencil case... Big Grin

[Image: main-qimg-effde3cf76ab7f16cd359cbeacdd36a6]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   23 Jun 2016, 5:03 pm
I haven't really viewed this thread as I'm not interested in politics so sorry if it has been said before but what is everyone voting?

Both my parents are voting leave.
MurdnunoC   23 Jun 2016, 5:57 pm
Just to make sure my vote wasn't tampered with, I used....

[Image: cd0acb98-5d52-4f2e-afde-d96740b1ccdd_text.gif]

#nopensorpencilsvotesafe
PO51WNF   23 Jun 2016, 8:40 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 5:03 pm)Tom wrote I haven't really viewed this thread as I'm not interested in politics so sorry if it has been said before but what is everyone voting?

Both my parents are voting leave.

I voted leave. Smile
Tom   23 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 8:40 pm)PO51WNF wrote I voted leave. Smile

Most people I know did to be fair. I'm not sure myself too young to vote anyway but if I was old enough I wouldn't have a clue.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm
Voting closed now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm
I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...
Adrian   23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm)Jimmi wrote I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...

Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

Jimmi   23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm)Adrian wrote Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   23 Jun 2016, 9:41 pm
(23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm)Jimmi wrote I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.

Spoiling your paper is doing anything other than instructed, i.e. placing an X in one box or the other.

So if you wrote "hello" on it instead, that'd be a spoilt paper. Most people just scribble through it or post it blank.

Michael   23 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm
Newcastle - IN

Sunderland - OUT

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm
nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Apparently wiped more off the value of sterling than the total of every property in the whole of Sunderland.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   24 Jun 2016, 3:43 am
(23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Apparently wiped more off the value of sterling than the total of every property in the whole of Sunderland.

Bit like most of the country? As it seems leave could win now...although not over yet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   24 Jun 2016, 5:30 am
UK is now torn in two so democratic decisions no longer really solve anything.
Pages (45)    130 31 3245