Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Politics (and other political stuff)

Politics (and other political stuff)

Politics (and other political stuff)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (67) Previous 146 47 4867 Next
Michael

23 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm #921
Voting closed now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm #921

Voting closed now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm #922
I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...
Jimmi
23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm #922

I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...

Adrian

23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm #923
(23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm)Jimmi I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...

Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm #923

(23 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm)Jimmi I could have voted but didn't as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which side to vote for. Basically I am happy that the campaigning and everything is now over, now we just have to wait and see what the outcome is...

Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

Jimmi

23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm #924
(23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm)Adrian Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.
Jimmi
23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm #924

(23 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm)Adrian Should have at least spoilt your ballot paper, so it's counted in the turnout.

I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.

Adrian

23 Jun 2016, 9:41 pm #925
(23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm)Jimmi I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.

Spoiling your paper is doing anything other than instructed, i.e. placing an X in one box or the other.

So if you wrote "hello" on it instead, that'd be a spoilt paper. Most people just scribble through it or post it blank.

Adrian
23 Jun 2016, 9:41 pm #925

(23 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm)Jimmi I honestly didn't know where to stand on this one and I seem to struggle in regards to what to vote for in anything political as I simply haven't a clue as I don't feel I have enough knowledge on the matter. I'd probably just stand there pondering the decision all day not knowing what to go for and just make a panic choice there and then, I would like to be more educated on political matters but... I don't know, just can't seem to stay intrested long enough to listen to anything with intrest.

Spoiling your paper is doing anything other than instructed, i.e. placing an X in one box or the other.

So if you wrote "hello" on it instead, that'd be a spoilt paper. Most people just scribble through it or post it blank.

Michael

23 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm #926
Newcastle - IN

Sunderland - OUT

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm #926

Newcastle - IN

Sunderland - OUT

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm #927
nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Apparently wiped more off the value of sterling than the total of every property in the whole of Sunderland.
BusLoverMum
23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm #927

nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Apparently wiped more off the value of sterling than the total of every property in the whole of Sunderland.

BusLoverMum

23 Jun 2016, 11:42 pm #928
Big Grin

https://twitter.com/DerekGamblepunt/stat...8437376000
Edited 23 Jun 2016, 11:42 pm by BusLoverMum.
Michael

24 Jun 2016, 3:43 am #929
(23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm)BusLoverMum nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Bit like most of the country? As it seems leave could win now...although not over yet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jun 2016, 3:43 am #929

(23 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm)BusLoverMum nd look what the Sunderland result has done to Sterling.

Bit like most of the country? As it seems leave could win now...although not over yet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Jun 2016, 5:30 am #930
UK is now torn in two so democratic decisions no longer really solve anything.
Jamie M
24 Jun 2016, 5:30 am #930

UK is now torn in two so democratic decisions no longer really solve anything.

24 Jun 2016, 6:23 am #931
YAY!!!! WE ARE OUT OF THE EU
NK53 TKT
24 Jun 2016, 6:23 am #931

YAY!!!! WE ARE OUT OF THE EU

S813 FVK

24 Jun 2016, 6:46 am #932
And almost immediately after the decision to leave the EU, the Pound was reported to have dropped to its lowest level since 1985.
Edited 24 Jun 2016, 6:46 am by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
24 Jun 2016, 6:46 am #932

And almost immediately after the decision to leave the EU, the Pound was reported to have dropped to its lowest level since 1985.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Jun 2016, 6:57 am #933
Even though I voted to leave, I never saw that result coming, neither did Big Nige it seems...I saw somewhere that he actually conceded before the count even started...

Interesting times ahead...What I want to know now...

1. Where does this leave David Cameron and the government in general? A few political pundits said Cameron would end up walking if he was defeated in this

2. What does it mean for the United Kingdom? The fish wife in charge North of the Border said Brexit could stir enough of a voice for another referendum, Northern Ireland also voted to Remain, could this be the start of Irish Re-Unification or some kind of Union with Scotland away from the UK

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
24 Jun 2016, 6:57 am #933

Even though I voted to leave, I never saw that result coming, neither did Big Nige it seems...I saw somewhere that he actually conceded before the count even started...

Interesting times ahead...What I want to know now...

1. Where does this leave David Cameron and the government in general? A few political pundits said Cameron would end up walking if he was defeated in this

2. What does it mean for the United Kingdom? The fish wife in charge North of the Border said Brexit could stir enough of a voice for another referendum, Northern Ireland also voted to Remain, could this be the start of Irish Re-Unification or some kind of Union with Scotland away from the UK

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

citaro5284

24 Jun 2016, 6:57 am #934
(24 Jun 2016, 6:46 am)S813 FVK And almost immediately after the decision to leave the EU, the Pound was reported to have dropped to its lowest level since 1985.

Yeah, and the markets are tumbling.  When London opens, it is expected to drop around 8%.  Pension funds and people with shares will all suffer today that is for sure.
citaro5284
24 Jun 2016, 6:57 am #934

(24 Jun 2016, 6:46 am)S813 FVK And almost immediately after the decision to leave the EU, the Pound was reported to have dropped to its lowest level since 1985.

Yeah, and the markets are tumbling.  When London opens, it is expected to drop around 8%.  Pension funds and people with shares will all suffer today that is for sure.

Michael

24 Jun 2016, 7:10 am #935
I didn't see it come either, was expecting us to remain.

Its going to be an interesting year ahead, the markets etc may take a while to come back up - if they do.

Its a masive step and i don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it.

Loads wanted a vote and it happened.

Talks of France and Germany wanting a referendom now.. end of the EU?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jun 2016, 7:10 am #935

I didn't see it come either, was expecting us to remain.

Its going to be an interesting year ahead, the markets etc may take a while to come back up - if they do.

Its a masive step and i don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it.

Loads wanted a vote and it happened.

Talks of France and Germany wanting a referendom now.. end of the EU?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

24 Jun 2016, 7:28 am #936
David Cameron is resigning in October

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jun 2016, 7:28 am #936

David Cameron is resigning in October

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

24 Jun 2016, 7:41 am #937
With Cameron going and the Tories returning to the old days of internal fighting, we can now build for the future and elect a party who are free from the shackles of the EU.

Is it ironic that the pound is still worth more than the Euro, despite its huge fall?
Or does it show the Euro to be a flawed currency, that has negatively impacted on the mmajority (apart from holiday makers) and helped contribute towards the astronomical trade deficit we see?
Edited 24 Jun 2016, 7:42 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Jun 2016, 7:41 am #937

With Cameron going and the Tories returning to the old days of internal fighting, we can now build for the future and elect a party who are free from the shackles of the EU.

Is it ironic that the pound is still worth more than the Euro, despite its huge fall?
Or does it show the Euro to be a flawed currency, that has negatively impacted on the mmajority (apart from holiday makers) and helped contribute towards the astronomical trade deficit we see?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

BusLoverMum

24 Jun 2016, 11:23 am #938

I respect you for that. It's impossible for ordinary people to make a properly weighed up decision based on all the possible scenarios, based on the soundbites we were fed.
BusLoverMum
24 Jun 2016, 11:23 am #938

I respect you for that. It's impossible for ordinary people to make a properly weighed up decision based on all the possible scenarios, based on the soundbites we were fed.

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm #939
(24 Jun 2016, 11:23 am)BusLoverMum I respect you for that. It's impossible for ordinary people to make a properly weighed up decision based on all the possible scenarios, based on the soundbites we were fed.
It's picking out a better evil, but this isn't how democracy is even meant to be, it's absurd. I could go on but I've not stopped talking t o people since 4 am, so I'll get back to my Siesta
Jamie M
24 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm #939

(24 Jun 2016, 11:23 am)BusLoverMum I respect you for that. It's impossible for ordinary people to make a properly weighed up decision based on all the possible scenarios, based on the soundbites we were fed.
It's picking out a better evil, but this isn't how democracy is even meant to be, it's absurd. I could go on but I've not stopped talking t o people since 4 am, so I'll get back to my Siesta

BusLoverMum

24 Jun 2016, 3:32 pm #940
(24 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm)Jamie M It's picking out a better evil, but this isn't how democracy is even meant to be, it's absurd. I could go on but I've not stopped talking t o people since 4 am, so I'll get back to my Siesta

I'm a well educated woman and barely scratched the surface in my attempt to get past the rhetoric. The only thing that I managed to get into on more than an extremely superficial level was TTIP, as I read a rather worrying article about it. I then found a load of countering arguments and scenarios and read a bit about them. It was all tedious wordy stuff, full of jargon, and bored me rigid, even though I wanted to know about it. Most people voted based on the inaccurate rubbish on the leaflets that came through our doors and the headlines in their favourite redtop, or the DM or Daily stupidity Express which had actually shut up about Princess bleeding Diana for long enough to sow some pretty alarmist seeds of hate.

I've had a rather unproductive day.
BusLoverMum
24 Jun 2016, 3:32 pm #940

(24 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm)Jamie M It's picking out a better evil, but this isn't how democracy is even meant to be, it's absurd. I could go on but I've not stopped talking t o people since 4 am, so I'll get back to my Siesta

I'm a well educated woman and barely scratched the surface in my attempt to get past the rhetoric. The only thing that I managed to get into on more than an extremely superficial level was TTIP, as I read a rather worrying article about it. I then found a load of countering arguments and scenarios and read a bit about them. It was all tedious wordy stuff, full of jargon, and bored me rigid, even though I wanted to know about it. Most people voted based on the inaccurate rubbish on the leaflets that came through our doors and the headlines in their favourite redtop, or the DM or Daily stupidity Express which had actually shut up about Princess bleeding Diana for long enough to sow some pretty alarmist seeds of hate.

I've had a rather unproductive day.

Pages (67) Previous 146 47 4867 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average