You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(19 Apr 2015, 10:58 am)Michael wrote Not gonna quote it, as it'll take half of the page up.

Iv'e never being on the 19, how are passenger numbers?

I enjoyed having the bus to myself from Ashington to Bedlington.  Wink
I wonder how they do them late night journeys on the 19. Do they inter-work it by running the 309 empty from Blyth to Ashington?
(19 Apr 2015, 11:18 am)DaveyBowyer wrote I wonder how they do them late night journeys on the 19. Do they inter-work it by running the 309 empty from Blyth to Ashington?

I'd assume that it does 19 Ashington-light to Silverlink-19 Ashington-light to Percy Main
(19 Apr 2015, 11:18 am)DaveyBowyer wrote I wonder how they do them late night journeys on the 19. Do they inter-work it by running the 309 empty from Blyth to Ashington?

They don't another company runs them as they are NEXUS funded, i think its Phoenix Coaches and i'm not sure if Arriva still run some runs?

Edit: Sorry Davey, i didn't spot the ones u were on about! 

Not sure how they do it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 11:20 am)Michael wrote They don't another company runs them as they are NEXUS funded, i think its Phoenix Coaches and i'm not sure if Arriva still run some runs?

Only Nexus funded on Sundays and Bank Holidays - Phoenix, Go North East and Arriva I believe.  Undecided

Between Northumberland Park and Shields.
(19 Apr 2015, 11:22 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Only Nexus funded on Sundays and Bank Holidays - Phoenix, Go North East and Arriva I believe.  Undecided

Between Northumberland Park and Shields.

The 19 is one of those services where its ridiculous at how many companies run it... why not just have GNE run it.. 

Also after 6pm its NEXUS funded to 

Low bidder etc is bull shit. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 11:25 am)Michael wrote The 19 is one of those services where its ridiculous at how many companies run it... why not just have GNE run it.. 

Also after 6pm its NEXUS funded to 

Low bidder etc is bull shit. 

Just checked:  Operated by: Arriva Northumbria & Phoenix Coaches 
Site Administrator
(19 Apr 2015, 11:44 am)Michael wrote So Dan will we get the news this week
Yes - there will be a news update later this evening. I am out until about 14:30 though.
So go north east are getting the 39 back on the evenings. I'm pleased the service is retained as the stagecoach evenings are running empty
(19 Apr 2015, 11:55 am)Acky81 wrote So go north east are getting the 39 back on the evenings. I'm pleased the service is retained as the stagecoach evenings are running empty

Yup, its about time, you couldn't use Megariders, along GNE passes i think.

GNE have also gained the 79/79A which is gonna become the 238/239.

238/79 is gonna merge along with a few runs through Newbottle

239 - Evenings and Sundays only - not sure if this will extend to Sunderland, replacing the 38C. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 12:08 pm)Acky81 wrote Long journeys them Michael

Very but it opens new links and GNE are running them, i think NEXUS are only funding them on early mornings, nights and Sundays
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 11:59 am)Michael wrote Yup, its about time, you couldn't use Megariders, along GNE passes i think.

GNE have also gained the 79/79A which is gonna become the 238/239.

238/79 is gonna merge along with a few runs through Newbottle

239 - Evenings and Sundays only - not sure if this will extend to Sunderland, replacing the 38C. 
Should of brought back the old 493.
19 is operated During the day Monday-Saturday until 6pm by GNE

It is then NEXUS funded in the evenings and all day Sunday and operated by Arriva and Phoenix.

The 2 evening runs to Ashington are funded by Northumberland Council. They run from Silverlink-Ashington then Light to the Slverlink and 19 to ashington then light to percy main. These are operated by GNE. Normally 6116/6117
(18 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote That would be telling  Tongue

(18 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Might have to have a potentially wasted walk up there tomorrow, never know might be something else there from Wrights/Volvo Bus Wise, at least ill benefit from some exercise, will just have to remember not to walk up there via Ayton and instead go via Oxclose, as it is a right treck along to Volvo from the top of Ayton.

Just gotten back in from my Walk up to Volvo at Crowther and there was no Buses in the Yard at all, although I did find a Football on my Travels so not so much of a wasted walk.
(19 Apr 2015, 10:58 am)Michael wrote Not gonna quote it, as it'll take half of the page up.

Iv'e never being on the 19, how are passenger numbers?

The 19 is generally pretty much empty from Ashington to Cramlington, probably why it's funded by Go Smarter on that section.

It can have reasonable passenger numbers from Cramlington to Earsdon, however as it's timed just in front of the 57 in both directions, if it's late the 57 will pick up the passengers from Earsdon, Hollywell and Seaton Deleval.

Northumberland Park to North Shields is quite low during the day, but busier on peak times. The only section where it's very busy is Royal Quays to North Shields Ferry.
Site Administrator
(18 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote I am lead to believe that two of GNE's new Volvo B9's have arrived in the UK and are currently undergoing a PDI at Volvo.

I wonder if these two are the ones coming to Go North East?

[Image: 17174096726_30624935fc.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 17200025835_e9b6629499.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
(19 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm)Dan wrote I wonder if these two are the ones coming to Go North East?

[Image: 17174096726_30624935fc.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 17200025835_e9b6629499.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

What time were you up there Dan, as I went past at around 14:30 and they were not there, unless they were moved inside.
Certainly look like they've been sat a while - interesting to see they're fitted with Civic V2's as opposed to the normal Volvo dealer stock interior though...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(19 Apr 2015, 3:23 pm)Malarkey wrote What time were you up there Dan, as I went past at around 14:30 and they were not there, unless they were moved inside.

This could have been at a different site? The 'Dealers and Workshops' page on the Volvo Buses UK website is down so can't see. Think there is one at Ashington though.
(19 Apr 2015, 3:44 pm)Robert wrote This could have been at a different site? The 'Dealers and Workshops' page on the Volvo Buses UK website is down so can't see. Think there is one at Ashington though.

I think it is Ashington, as it appears Dan has been up Alpha Recovery today also from looking at his Flickr Photos.
(19 Apr 2015, 3:44 pm)Robert wrote This could have been at a different site? The 'Dealers and Workshops' page on the Volvo Buses UK website is down so can't see. Think there is one at Ashington though.

Where? If its at Jubilee Estate I don't know about it.
(19 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Where? If its at Jubilee Estate I don't know about it.

I don't actually know if there is one there. I'm just using memory and logical work since he was up at Alpha and most of his photos are up in that area.
Its Blyth rather than Ashington: http://www.volvotrucks.com/dealers-vtc/e...fault.aspx
(19 Apr 2015, 3:50 pm)Robert wrote I don't actually know if there is one there. I'm just using memory and logical work since he was up at Alpha and most of his photos are up in that area.

There isn't one in Ashington, I've been around all the estates over the years. I can only see Volvo in Jubilee if its been opened less than three months ago.

Aye thought it was that one, I'll pop down there on the bus tomorrow to see if there's anything there.
(19 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote There isn't one in Ashington, I've been around all the estates over the years. I can only see Volvo in Jubilee if its been opened less than three months ago.

See post above quoted. I knew there was one up Ashington way (sort of) only its down in Blyth.
(19 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think it is quite funny, debating on here where Volvo Dealers are!

Is it better than the election debates? Tongue 
Site Administrator
(19 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think it is quite funny, debating on here where Volvo Dealers are!

No need for the "Bus Related Outings & Reviews" thread - my journeys have already been guessed and plotted on a map it would seem!