You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(17 May 2015, 10:08 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Sorry I thought it was, However CCTV cameras are not just on for Stairs they are need for full coverage in vehicle and outside that's why their are (maybe 4 in bus & 3 out).

My brother does work at the company as CCTV Admin.

This is same or simular to GNE.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/leeds/ab...l/cctv.php
It's a commercial decision to install them fleet wide though. There's nothing to my knowledge which makes it compulsory for operators to do this, although it's a massive benefit to companies to do so, and no doubt reduces the insurance bill.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 11:33 pm)idiot wrote @Dan I know how hard you work on destination displays but annoyingly (not the end of the world though) the driver of the 35a that went up holmside just after 2335 ish had his destination set as he was terminating in the city centre from Houghton way and not Heworth.

The driver is lucky I didn't programme that one - I won't take offence! Wink

I'm afraid this is an issue which is probably always going to happen. The messages on the driver consoles are certainly clear enough, but in most cases, I think it relates to the amount of scrolling up they have to do to get to the right variant.

There are separate displays set up for the evening journeys of service 61 which omit Dalton Park (so the via point for Dalton Park is dropped as a result), and as they are the third and fourth displays along, they're rarely used.

The problem with the 35/A etc is that there really is about 15 different variations in total, including some early/late journeys which are secured and 'connect' for 20s to South Shields or X35s to South Hetton.
Site Administrator
With the OmniCitys, excluding 5237, still parked up at Stanley, the normal "Toon Link" allocation continues today on services 11/31/32, with Volvo B7RLEs covering in the absence of B10BLEs.
(18 May 2015, 5:59 am)Dan wrote With the OmniCitys, excluding 5237, still parked up at Stanley, the normal "Toon Link" allocation continues today on services 11/31/32, with Volvo B7RLEs covering in the absence of B10BLEs.

Are they still interworking today? Just seen a new red kite on the 11 going through Blaydon.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 7:07 am)TenSpotter wrote Are they still interworking today? Just seen a new red kite on the 11 going through Blaydon.

No - the weekday services haven't interworked since the last changes to service 47 a few months ago.

I cannot recall off the top of my head, but some early morning/evening services may interwork still (like the TEN on 31/32 on evenings).
Site Administrator
8254 on loan to Deptford from Washington - looks like it will go out on the 0825ish 38 from Sunderland.
(18 May 2015, 7:09 am)Dan wrote No - the weekday services haven't interworked since the last changes to service 47 a few months ago.

I cannot recall off the top of my head, but some early morning/evening services may interwork still (like the TEN on 31/32 on evenings).

Morning allocations tend to interwork, although mainly B10BLEs on 11. Seen the odd Ten double decker on the 47 in the evenings.
I forgot to note this yesterday, 'Fab Fifty Six' branded 6094 (I think) the number on the front blind wasn't on however the destination was
(18 May 2015, 5:59 am)Dan wrote With the OmniCitys, excluding 5237, still parked up at Stanley, the normal "Toon Link" allocation continues today on services 11/31/32, with Volvo B7RLEs covering in the absence of B10BLEs.

This has just reminded me, Mr Steven Hodgson told me Last Wednesday at the Red Kite Launch in Consett that the remaining Red Kite Branded Omnicities are to be Repainted up at Thorntons, and from looking at the NEB(GNE) Fleet List there are 6 still to be Repainted Black.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 12:21 pm)Malarkey wrote This has just reminded me, Mr Steven Hodgson told me Last Wednesday at the Red Kite Launch in Consett that the remaining Red Kite Branded Omnicities are to be Repainted up at Thorntons, and from looking at the NEB(GNE) Fleet List there are 6 still to be Repainted Black.

Think it's going to be a case of don't believe everything you hear, because, funnily enough, 5234/35/40/41 are all at Saltmeadows Rd...

4982 also arrived at Saltmeadows Rd this morning for repaint into corporate livery.
Hope there's no inter working between the 47 and those odd 11 and 32s which operate via the Eastern end of Newcastle Business Park. #LowBridge
(18 May 2015, 1:50 pm)Dan wrote Think it's going to be a case of don't believe everything you hear, because, funnily enough, 5234/35/40/41 are all at Saltmeadows Rd...

4982 also arrived at Saltmeadows Rd this morning for repaint into corporate livery.

Ohh well as I say I forgot to mention it, but as per taken with a pinch of salt.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 2:44 pm)JakeSavage wrote Hope there's no inter working between the 47 and those odd 11 and 32s which operate via the Eastern end of Newcastle Business Park. #LowBridge

The Monday - Friday "Toon Link" journeys operated by "Red Kite" branded Volvo B9TLs can be identified as follows:
- 06:29am #32 (Winlaton - Newcastle)
- 06:35am #11 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill)
- 07:42am #11 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill)
- 21:40pm #31 (Newcastle - Winlaton)
- 22:16pm #32 (Winlaton - Newcastle)
- 22:40pm #31 (Newcastle - Winlaton)

The Monday - Friday "Red Kite" 47 journeys operated by "Toon Link" branded Scania OmniCitys can be identified as follows:
- 21:45pm #47 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill)
- 22:43pm #47 (Blackhall Mill - Winlaton Mill)

The Monday - Friday "Toon Link" journeys operated by "TEN" branded Volvo B9TLs can be identified as follows:
- 21:42pm #31 (Winlaton - Newcastle)
- 22:15pm #32 (Newcastle - Winlaton)
- 22:42pm #31 (Winlaton - Newcastle)
- 23:15pm #32 (Newcastle - Winlaton)
- 23:40pm #31 (Newcastle - Winlaton)
- 23:42pm #31 (Winlaton - Metrocentre)

Similarly, the:
- 07:14am #11A (Prudhoe - Newcastle) is operated by an "X66" branded Streetlite
- 07:44am #11A (Prudhoe - Newcastle) is operated by an "X66" branded Streetlite
- 16:40pm #11A (Newcastle - Prudhoe) is operated by a red Volvo B10BLE
- 16:51pm #32 (Newcastle Business Park - Newcastle) is operated by a red Volvo B7TL
- 17:10pm #11A (Newcastle - Prudhoe) is operated by a red Volvo B7TL
After seeing '3813' in the rare and odd workings thread, a number of Volvo Olympians have lost their offside advertisements with 3813 being one of them.
(18 May 2015, 5:01 pm)Robert wrote After seeing '3813' in the rare and odd workings thread, a number of Volvo Olympians have lost their offside advertisements with 3813 being one of them.

Yeah I noticed that, although they still have the frames for them though.
(18 May 2015, 5:02 pm)Jimmi wrote Yeah I noticed that, although they still have the frames for them though.

Yeah. I was sitting on 3823 and i could just see a line of Olympians without adverts on the offside. Must have all been for the same thing that is no longer advertised on buses. Could be anything i guess.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 5:05 pm)Robert wrote Yeah. I was sitting on 3823 and i could just see a line of Olympians without adverts on the offside. Must have all been for the same thing that is no longer advertised on buses. Could be anything i guess.

Volvo Olympian 3813 previously carried a H&M advertisement on the offside.

[Image: 17822950312_4ef159fa54.jpg]S813FVK by C522LJR, on Flickr

[Image: 17799444726_cce0a655d5.jpg]S825OFT by C522LJR, on Flickr
(18 May 2015, 5:46 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote Does anyone know what year the B9's for the 47 were built?

This year according to the fleet list on here.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 6:18 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Currently travelling on 8265 on the 82. Take it this isn't odd as it has transferred to Washington?

Yes, perfectly normal allocation. Smile
(18 May 2015, 6:20 pm)Dan wrote Yes, perfectly normal allocation. Smile

Iv'e never ever being on any of the Merits, are they decent?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 May 2015, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote Iv'e never ever being on any of the Merits, are they decent?

I much prefer them to the Cadets - seem to have a wee bit more power.

The seating on the Cadets is a lot more worn compared to the Merits, too. The latter seem to have really deep seat cushions which are quite comfortable.
(18 May 2015, 6:25 pm)Dan wrote I much prefer them to the Cadets - seem to have a wee bit more power.

The seating on the Cadets is a lot more worn compared to the Merits, too. The latter seem to have really deep seat cushions which are quite comfortable.

I'll have to try and catch one of them! 

Has 5237 gone to Riverside for driver familiarisation, i can't think if Gateshead/Winlaton ever had Omnicities. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 May 2015, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote Iv'e never ever being on any of the Merits, are they decent?

I went on the MetroCentre S1 branded example, Christ it is awful, was only on it for 3 minutes at most and it managed to give me a headache as it idles that badly when stationary, ended up walking back to the Bus Station as I did not want to get back on that shed Dodgy
(18 May 2015, 6:31 pm)Jimmi wrote I went on the MetroCentre S1 branded example, Christ it is awful, was only on it for 3 minutes at most and it managed to give me a headache as it idles that badly when stationary, ended up walking back to the Bus Station as I did not want to get back on that shed Dodgy

Oh dear, are they worse than the Vykings?, surely nothing can be worse than those things! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 May 2015, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote Oh dear, are they worse than the Vykings?, surely nothing can be worse than those things! 

Not sure if they are all like this but I hated this one so much I don't want to find out what the rest are like.
(18 May 2015, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote Oh dear, are they worse than the Vykings?, surely nothing can be worse than those things! 

Purple Solars Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 May 2015, 6:31 pm)Michael wrote I'll have to try and catch one of them! 

Has 5237 gone to Riverside for driver familiarisation, i can't think if Gateshead/Winlaton ever had Omnicities. 

Dont mention 5237, been stuck at Riverside all afternoon trying to get the destinations working on it.