You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(21 May 2015, 4:16 pm)Michael wrote Looks quite good, much better than the last one!

Looks Fantastic as I have said previous, I really like the Rear Destination Vinyls on the New Brandings, Looks very professional and really stands out.
(21 May 2015, 5:33 pm)Malarkey wrote Looks Fantastic as I have said previous, I really like the Rear Destination Vinyls on the New Brandings, Looks very professional and really stands out.

Only seen 1 pic of the brand, it was on the side with the doors, any more pictures?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Has anyone noticed that 6118 doesn't have an assault screen for the driver, with it being new to the fleet I would have expected it to be fitted with on like 6119-21. Do GNE plan on fitting one?
(22 May 2015, 5:48 am)Dan wrote Not the subject of the photograph, but Volvo B12M/Plaxton Paragon 7087 (NA52 RMZ) has arrived at Thornton Brothers, Ashington, for some treatment prior to being deployed elsewhere in the fleet...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/17947899441/

Elsewhere in the fleet. North East still?  Didn't think we would use coaches on anything other than Nat EX or driver training any longer.
Not sure if its connected or simply a loan, oxford branded X90 coach 99 JJ08 OXF over the pits at chester last night.
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 8:30 am)ifm001 wrote Elsewhere in the fleet. North East still?  Didn't think we would use coaches on anything other than Nat EX or driver training any longer.

Yes, they will remain in the North East.

This one was leaked to enthusiasts a week or two ago in private groups (have yet to see anything published on the public domain), so I may as well confirm... 
See this post and onwards. I believe Go North East will take over a few services from Howard Snaiths in the Hexham area shortly, with this vehicle being just one that will be allocated...
(22 May 2015, 10:57 am)Dan wrote Yes, they will remain in the North East.

This one was leaked to enthusiasts a week or two ago in private groups (have yet to see anything published on the public domain), so I may as well confirm... 
See this post and onwards. I believe Go North East will take over a few services from Howard Snaiths in the Hexham area shortly, with this vehicle being just one that will be allocated...

Thanks Dan. So effectively expansion and changes in Hexham could be on the cards?
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 11:20 am)ifm001 wrote Thanks Dan. So effectively expansion and changes in Hexham could be on the cards?

I think scholars in the Hexham area are the only thing that will be changed for now, but it'll be interesting to see if Go North East opts to expand even further in the future! Smile

To go back to a previous discussion regarding disposals no longer being stored at Hexham - you may be able to see how things have fallen into place quite nicely... The operations from Saltmeadows Rd transferred to Riverside Depot, allowing storage for vehicle disposals at Saltmeadows Rd, in turn providing space at Hexham for network expansion...

It's worth noting that the repainted former "Toon Link" branded Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles (4978 - 4982) are now starting to emerge on the route they'll now be allocated to: service 5. This releases the dual-door Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown vehicles from service 5 back to services 67/69 (albeit now red opposed to branded "Pulse"), in turn allowing the withdrawal of the early DAF SB120/Wright Cadet vehicles from Riverside (with these withdrawals still being in progress - 8246 is still out and about today). Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping they'd be re-allocated to "Fab Fifty Seven" service 57! Other vehicles continue to be withdrawn from the fleet too, with Volvo B10BLE 4846 being one of the latest to turn up on death row at Saltmeadows.
(22 May 2015, 11:26 am)Dan wrote I think scholars in the Hexham area are the only thing that will be changed for now, but it'll be interesting to see if Go North East opts to expand even further in the future! Smile

To go back to a previous discussion regarding disposals no longer being stored at Hexham - you may be able to see how things have fallen into place quite nicely... The operations from Saltmeadows Rd transferred to Riverside Depot, allowing storage for vehicle disposals at Saltmeadows Rd, in turn providing space at Hexham for network expansion...

It's worth noting that the repainted former "Toon Link" branded Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles (4978 - 4982) are now starting to emerge on the route they'll now be allocated to: service 5. This releases the dual-door Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown vehicles from service 5 back to services 67/69 (albeit now red opposed to branded "Pulse"), in turn allowing the withdrawal of the early DAF SB120/Wright Cadet vehicles from Riverside (with these withdrawals still being in progress - 8246 is still out and about today). Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping they'd be re-allocated to "Fab Fifty Seven" service 57! Other vehicles continue to be withdrawn from the fleet too, with Volvo B10BLE 4846 being one of the latest to turn up on death row at Saltmeadows.

8248/8252 still running around on the 82s for those who want photos, yet to see any of the recently transferred Wright Merits though, seems to be a lot of B7TL Plaxton Presidents allocated instead.
(22 May 2015, 11:26 am)Dan wrote I think scholars in the Hexham area are the only thing that will be changed for now, but it'll be interesting to see if Go North East opts to expand even further in the future! Smile

I came to the same conclusion when I have seen them all of week but more today when I saw 2.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Site Administrator
Introducing the new Metro Radio bus...

[Image: 11256505_10206888020704788_140725575_n.j...e=556119D3]

Photo copyright to Gary Devlin.

"Fab56 Orange" at the front and "Angel Pink" at the back - the best of both worlds! Matches the new logo:

[Image: Metro_Radio_logo_2015.png]
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 2:38 pm)danpick wrote Is that an Omnidekka

Well it's not a Routemaster! Yes - it's the last one to come out of the paintshop, and it certainly looks different! The remaining nine are all now in Go North East's corporate livery - will update fleet lists tonight to reflect this.
(22 May 2015, 2:40 pm)Dan wrote Well it's not a Routemaster! Yes - it's the last one to come out of the paintshop, and it certainly looks different! The remaining nine are all now in Go North East's corporate livery - will update fleet lists tonight to reflect this.
Haha Lol.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(22 May 2015, 2:33 pm)Dan wrote Introducing the new Metro Radio bus...

Does this mean 3942 will get a new repaint or rebranded?

colour looks horrible yuk
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(22 May 2015, 9:16 am)nk55 wrote Not sure if its connected or simply a loan, oxford branded X90 coach 99 JJ08 OXF over the pits at chester last night.

This coach will make an appearance on national express to wembley on monday.

Would be nice if they operated the service to Kielder too Smile
Would increase passengers on the Tynedalexpress too if advertised well.

finally something decent on 5 the 9 needs sorted all we get is dual door renowns which one of them is put it this way is horrible 
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(22 May 2015, 2:40 pm)Dan wrote Well it's not a Routemaster! Yes - it's the last one to come out of the paintshop, and it certainly looks different! The remaining nine are all now in Go North East's corporate livery - will update fleet lists tonight to reflect this.

Which vehicle is this? I think it may be 6133 but im not sure (looking at the fact it has no interior seats).

Not sure on the colour myself 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 May 2015, 10:19 am)DaveyBowyer wrote Thank god it's not Jenny!

Quote: "You're next stop is.........'YAWN', the Regent Centre"

Who is it then? S&K, Brian Moore or Stu and Kelly?

We tested the Red Kites 45/46 yesterday, so they should be uploaded soon, only a couple of amendments to make, then we will sort out the Coast and Country.

Red Kite is voiced by Brian Moore, was hearing in my sleep last night.........The next stop is  Tongue
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 3:52 pm)Robert wrote Which vehicle is this? I think it may be 6133 but im not sure (looking at the fact it has no interior seats).

Yes, the bus is 6133. Haven't had a chance to update fleet lists yet but will update accordingly tomorrow.
(22 May 2015, 5:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote We tested the Red Kites 45/46 yesterday, so they should be uploaded soon, only a couple of amendments to make, then we will sort out the Coast and Country.

Red Kite is voiced by Brian Moore, was hearing in my sleep last night.........The next stop is  Tongue

Who has done (or is planned to do) the Coast and Country voice over? It'd be good if GNE could use their partnership with Bauer to get Alan Robson for one of them.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(22 May 2015, 8:12 pm)aureolin wrote Who has done (or is planned to do) the Coast and Country voice over? It'd be good if GNE could use their partnership with Bauer to get Alan Robson for one of them.

Stu Elmore has done the Coast & Country Next Stop Announcements - think this is the same voice as the Fab56 and Cobalt Clipper?

Our opinions were divided - citaro5284 preferred Brian's, but I preferred Stu's...!