You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions
(12 Jul 2015, 9:23 am)S813 FVK wrote I still fail to see how discussion about the PVR of the Red Arrows and Presidents appearing on the 82/82A etc can give him the idea that Washington are due new deckers for the X1.

It is Davey you know Tongue
(12 Jul 2015, 7:03 am)citaro5284 wrote Do you fancy a £10 bet that you are incorrect?

Just £10? Thought you'd be more confident than that. Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(12 Jul 2015, 2:04 pm)aureolin wrote Just £10? Thought you'd be more confident than that. Wink

I am, just thinking I did not want to bleed Davey dry... Tongue
When the Solo SRs for the East Durham enter service, i think the following may happen:

536/7/8/9/41/5/6 withdrawn from Peterlee
564/5/73/74 to Deptford replacing 542/4/7/8 which will be withdrawn

That way, all 52 reg MPDs will be withdrawn from the fleet. Don't know what could happen to 619. Possibly go to Deptford too? Who knows!
(12 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)S813 FVK wrote When the Solo SRs for the East Durham enter service, i think the following may happen:

That way, all 52 reg MPDs will be withdrawn from the fleet. Don't know what could happen to 619. Possibly go to Deptford too? Who knows!

619 could go to Percy Main because I've noticed there has been a lot of B7TLs on the North Tyne Links recently so would be good to have a spare for the North Tyne Links.
(12 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm)Tom wrote 619 could go to Percy Main because I've noticed there has been a lot of B7TLs on the North Tyne Links recently so would be good to have a spare for the North Tyne Links.

It could also transfer to Hexham to help with the recent service changes
(12 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)S813 FVK wrote When the Solo SRs for the East Durham enter service, i think the following may happen:

Looks like it, should only have around 38-40 MPDs left in service after the Solo Sr's enter service....

I would imagine more will be replaced this financial year to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm)Tom wrote 619 could go to Percy Main because I've noticed there has been a lot of B7TLs on the North Tyne Links recently so would be good to have a spare for the North Tyne Links.
619 could go to Washington because I couldnt help but notice there has been a lot of B7TLs on the 82/82A recently Wink
(12 Jul 2015, 9:26 pm)Malarkey wrote 619 could go to Washington because I couldnt help but notice there has been a lot of B7TLs on the 82/82A recently Wink
But the MPDs were replaced on the 82/82A, because of capacity issues. Bit of a backward step bringing one in as a spare?

Washington have been good with their allocations recently I've noticed, and MPDs seem to be firmly allocated to the 85/86 as expected.
i think Solos should be ordered of the following brands:
North Tyne Links
East Durham - Confirmed
OK Way
Red Spares
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(13 Jul 2015, 6:08 pm)Diamond One wrote i think Solos should be ordered of the following brands:
North Tyne Links
East Durham - Confirmed
OK Way
Red Spares

I agree, hopefully if the NTL get Solo's, the brand will improve, current one is quite meh.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Jul 2015, 6:12 pm)Michael wrote I agree, hopefully if the NTL get Solo's, the brand will improve, current one is quite meh.

Might as well add Tynedale Links & 85/86 to that then, it will only be a matter of time before the rest of the MPDs are replaced anyway.
(13 Jul 2015, 6:17 pm)Malarkey wrote Might as well add Tynedale Links & 85/86 to that then, it will only be a matter of time before the rest of the MPDs are replaced anyway.

Ye, wonder if GNE will target to replace the MPD's this year to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2015, 9:58 pm)aureolin wrote Washington have been good with their  allocations recently I've noticed, and MPDs seem to be firmly allocated to the 85/86 as expected.

I agree that there getting better but are never firmly allocated to the 85/86
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
How about this, ive based this around a few of the suggestions made on here...

Minibus orders

2x Optare Solo 8.8m Crook ( no point in a spare for this service as this can easily be worked by a spare B7 )
10x Optare Solo 8.8m Percy Main ( 8x branded 2x Red Spare 1x red allocated to 17/A, 1x red allocated to 19s unless needed on the North Tyne Links )
14x Optare Solo 8.8m Peterlee ( 12x Branded 2x Spare allocated to all services ) for East Durham
5x Optare Solo 8.8m Washington ( 4x New Brand for Washington services 1x red spare )
9x Optare Solo 8.8m Hexham ( 6x Branded for Tynedale Links 4x Red Spare 2 replacing Darts on the AD122 and 1 spare for any service )

Midibus Orders

8xOptare Metrocity 11.5m Cummins Flywheel Riverside ( 7x Branded for South Tyne 1x Red Spare )
10x Optare Metrocity 11.5m Cummins Flywheel Washington ( 9x Branded South Tyne 1x Red Spare the 5 will be extended to Lukes Lane and the 5/88/A will Interwork )
16x Wright Streetlite 11.7m Daimler Micro Hybrid Percy Main ( 14x Branded Coaster 2x Red Spare )
8x ADL Enviro 200MMC 11.8m Cummins ZF Semi Auto Percy Main ( 7x Branded for North Tyne Links making the 17/A fal under North Tyne Links 1x Spare replacing a B10)
9x Wright Streetlite 11.7 Daimler Micro Hybrid Riverside ( 8x The Loop Branded 1x Red Spare )

Heavyweight Single Deck Orders

12x Mercedes Benz Citaro ( 11x Branded Highwayman 1x Spare )

Double Deck Orders

9x Scania Enviro 400MMC Full Height ( 7x Branded a new brand 2x Spare replacing 2 Volvo B7TL Presidents )
7x Volvo B5Tl Enviro 400MMc Full Height ( 6x branded WHy Aye Five O 1x Spare )
14x Volvo B5LH Enviro4 400MMC Full Height ( 13x Branded Crusader 1x Spare )
7x Volvo B5TL ADL400MMC Full Height ( 6x Branded 1x Spare ) Branded TTX
22x Volvo B5LH Enviro 400MMC Full Height 9 20x Branded Prince Bishops 2x Spare )
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(13 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote How about this, ive based this around a few of the suggestions made on here...

Minibus orders

2x Optare Solo 8.8m Crook ( no point in a spare for this service as this can easily be worked by a spare B7 )
10x Optare Solo 8.8m Percy Main ( 8x branded 2x Red Spare 1x red allocated to 17/A, 1x red allocated to 19s unless needed on the North Tyne Links )
14x Optare Solo 8.8m Peterlee ( 12x Branded 2x Spare allocated to all services ) for East Durham
5x Optare Solo 8.8m Washington ( 4x New Brand for Washington services 1x red spare )
9x Optare Solo 8.8m Hexham ( 6x Branded for Tynedale Links 4x Red Spare 2 replacing Darts on the AD122 and 1 spare for any service )

Midibus Orders

8xOptare Metrocity 11.5m Cummins Flywheel Riverside ( 7x Branded for South Tyne 1x Red Spare )
10x Optare Metrocity 11.5m Cummins Flywheel Washington ( 9x Branded South Tyne 1x Red Spare the 5 will be extended to Lukes Lane and the 5/88/A will Interwork )
16x Wright Streetlite 11.7m Daimler Micro Hybrid Percy Main ( 14x Branded Coaster 2x Red Spare )
8x ADL Enviro 200MMC 11.8m Cummins ZF Semi Auto Percy Main ( 7x Branded for North Tyne Links making the 17/A fal under North Tyne Links 1x Spare replacing a B10)
9x Wright Streetlite 11.7 Daimler Micro Hybrid Riverside ( 8x The Loop Branded 1x Red Spare )

Heavyweight Single Deck Orders

12x Mercedes Benz Citaro ( 11x Branded Highwayman 1x Spare )

Double Deck Orders

9x Scania Enviro 400MMC Full Height ( 7x Branded a new brand 2x Spare replacing 2 Volvo B7TL Presidents )
7x Volvo B5Tl Enviro 400MMc Full Height ( 6x branded WHy Aye Five O 1x Spare )
14x Volvo B5LH Enviro4 400MMC Full Height ( 13x Branded Crusader 1x Spare )
7x Volvo B5TL ADL400MMC Full Height ( 6x Branded 1x Spare ) Branded TTX
22x Volvo B5LH Enviro 400MMC Full Height 9 20x Branded Prince Bishops 2x Spare )

Are you sure the ''Whey Aye Five 0'' needs brand new double decker buses?
(13 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm)R852 PRG wrote Are you sure the ''Whey Aye Five 0'' needs brand new double decker buses?
In my experience the 50 can be busy but I wouldn't say it warrants double deckers, usually it has most seats taken but that's about it when I've been on it.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote From my Experiences with the service I think it would be a good idea.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm)Jimmi wrote In my experience the 50 can be busy but I wouldn't say it warrants double deckers, usually it has most seats taken but that's about it when I've been on it.

The 50 was regularly allocated deckers for years (Olympians and Lolynes mainly), and there was little point in it. I used it every day for years, and regularly had the top deck to myself.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm)Jimmi wrote In my experience the 50 can be busy but I wouldn't say it warrants double deckers, usually it has most seats taken but that's about it when I've been on it.

But wouldn't Double Deckers with Power Sockets and all that stuff would not grow Passenger Numbers? Passengers =Money most of the time
(13 Jul 2015, 8:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote From my Experiences with the service I think it would be a good idea.

I used to use the 50 every now and then, back when the service had 4926-4931 branded for it, now it's just a one-off if I do. I recall the Chester-le-Street to Washington section was, and I'm sure still is, very busy; as it is the fastest link between there and the Galleries, beating the 8 by a few minutes. I understand a lot of families use the service as a means of getting to South Shields during the summer, hence the need for double decker capacity on Bank Holidays, when the service is expected to be pretty busy. The Chester-le-Street to Durham section; I usually find that people don't board in Chester-le-Street with the intention of going all the way to Durham on the service, as the 21 beats it time-wise. However, it is a useful link to the Arnison Centre, and has some good local links throughout. That said, I'm unsure if brand new double deckers should be ordered to upgrade the route.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:45 pm)aureolin wrote The 50 was regularly allocated deckers for years (Olympians and Lolynes mainly), and there was little point in it. I used it every day for years, and regularly had the top deck to myself.
Once had a Yellow Bus Olympian on the 50 from Washington to Durham and upstairs it had me at the front and then a few kids at the back until Chester-le-Street then I had the upstairs to myself for the remainder of the journey.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:45 pm)aureolin wrote The 50 was regularly allocated deckers for years (Olympians and Lolynes mainly), and there was little point in it. I used it every day for years, and regularly had the top deck to myself.

I remember that from when I was little, That experience having the front of the top deck all the way Durham was incredible when I was younger!

I would say that I think the service has grown since them days do you knot think?
(13 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote But wouldn't Double Deckers with Power Sockets and all that stuff would not grow Passenger Numbers? Passengers =Money most of the time

Having all of those facilities is always attractive to passengers; but there is a point where a service just does not justify them. Take the ''Coast & Country'' for example, they made do with Wright Renowns (17 years old when their final days came) for over a decade, and the upgrade to brand new Wright Streetlites has been a massive improvement. Whereas, the ''Whey Aye Five 0'' has 56-plate Scania OmniCities, just shy of 10 years old, and, it pains me to say it, but, still in okay condition. I just don't think it's justified, I'm afraid.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Once had a Yellow Bus Olympian on the 50 from Washington to Durham and upstairs it had me at the front and then a few kids at the back until Chester-le-Street then I had the upstairs to myself for the remainder of the journey.

I can beat that. I had Leyland Olympian/NC Palatine 3806 (F106UEF) one evening, when Chester had absolutely nowt else to send! I was sharp brought back to reality, as DAFs became a regular occurrence on there shortly after that... Sad

(13 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I remember that from when I was little, That experience having the front of the top deck all the way Durham was incredible when I was younger!

I would say that I think the service has grown since them days do you knot think?

Nope. The timetable has been reduced since then, so that would probably answer the question. 

You get a decent load on sections of the route, but it's certainly not a service you see standees on.
(13 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm)R852 PRG wrote Having all of those facilities is always attractive to passengers; but there is a point where a service just does not justify them. Take the ''Coast & Country'' for example, they made do with Wright Renowns (17 years old when their final days came) for over a decade, and the upgrade to brand new Wright Streetlites has been a massive improvement. Whereas, the ''Whey Aye Five 0'' has 56-plate Scania OmniCities, just shy of 10 years old, and, it pains me to say it, but, still in okay condition. I just don't think it's justified, I'm afraid.
Aureolin...
Nope. The timetable has been reduced since then, so that would probably answer the question.

I can beat that. I had Leyland Olympian/NC Palatine 3806 (F106UEF) one evening, when Chester had absolutely nowt else to send! I was sharp brought back to reality, as DAFs became a regular occurrence on there shortly after that... Sad

You get a decent load on sections of the route, but it's certainly not a service you see standees on.

my comment...
I suppose yous are right, though I would say that in the next few years the 50 will need new buses, and if by then the passenger counts rise then double deckers will be needed for the 50
(13 Jul 2015, 8:58 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote my comment...
I suppose yous are right, though I would say that in the next few years the 50 will need new buses, and if by then the passenger counts rise then double deckers will be needed for the 50

Yes, but it's all "ifs" and "buts". I could go out and get hit by a bus in 2 years time. I wouldn't check myself into A&E tomorrow just in case.

Everything works on a business case. Nobody is going to give you any money without a strong business case. Growth figures and plans would have to be water tight to get anyone in the right mind to hand over any cash.