You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
(22 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm)Busman69 wrote Maybe it's one of those things that just doesn't have any concrete meaning...

There is no point in having a brand if it doesn't have some sort of meaning...
(22 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm)S813 FVK wrote There is no point in having a brand if it doesn't have some sort of meaning...

I disagree. What does 'Cadburys' mean? Nowt. It's just a very well known brand of Chocolate.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(22 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm)R852 PRG wrote It's the surname of the man who established the company; John Cadbury. Big Grin

But how many people are going to do that? Most people just pick it up because it's a top brand.

Fab Fifty Six came in years ago with no meaning, and you could argue that it's now established itself as a well known brand after all these years. Doesn't have to have a meaning behind it to be successful and marketable.
(22 Jul 2015, 4:35 pm)aureolin wrote But how many people are going to do that? Most people just pick it up because it's a top brand.

Fab Fifty Six came in years ago with no meaning, and you could argue that it's now established itself as a well known brand after all these years. Doesn't have to have a meaning behind it to be successful and marketable.

But the Cadbury's brand has a meaning and a background. 'Connecting the dots' doesn't. 

A brand does not need to have a non-bus related meaning. For example, the Fab Fifty Six and Seven both reflect the number of the services. 56 and 57 respectively.
(22 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm)S813 FVK wrote But the Cadbury's brand has a meaning and a background. 'Connecting the dots' doesn't. 

A brand does not need to have a non-bus related meaning. For example, the Fab Fifty Six and Seven both reflect the number of the services. 56 and 57 respectively.

Using the same logic, you could argue that 'connecting the dots' is referring to the stops on the route map, or places on an actual map. If you have 3 places ('dots' or 'pins') you need to visit, what do you do? Join them up with a route you're going to take in between.

The brand still means nothing to me, and I'm not convinced that it's a great or catchy name.
(22 Jul 2015, 11:46 am)S813 FVK wrote Connecting the Dots: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/1928...ateposted/

I assume its at South Shields with 19462 being parked next to it all repainted.

Edit: Deffo is at South Shields, couldn't see it clearly on the link i have posted but 'Harton Nook' does appear on the line of text above the windows. It even says South Shields on the front next to the brand name...
Connecting the Dots - Connecting you with the town centre and Harton Nook: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/19724486870/
Image owned by Flickr user "Regional Bus Photos".

I assume the Dots refer to locations on a map, such as Harton, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Biddick Hall and Whiteleas.
(22 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm)AIG20 wrote Connecting the Dots - Connecting you with the town centre and Harton Nook: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/19724486870/

I assume the Dots refer to locations on a map, such as Harton, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Biddick Hall and Whiteleas.

Having now seen a photograph showing the rear, it's not bad.
(22 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm)aureolin wrote Using the same logic, you could argue that 'connecting the dots' is referring to the stops on the route map, or places on an actual map. If you have 3 places ('dots' or 'pins') you need to visit, what do you do? Join them up with a route you're going to take in between.

You have just summed up my original point nicely here. Using some sort of logic, you can easily make out some meaning of the brand. The commercial team won't make up a brand for the sheer hell of it.

(22 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm)R852 PRG wrote Having now seen a photograph showing the rear, it's not bad.

All you had to do was scroll a couple of photos along from the one i posted the link to Tongue
(22 Jul 2015, 11:46 am)S813 FVK wrote Connecting the Dots: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/1928...ateposted/

I assume its at South Shields with 19462 being parked next to it all repainted.

Edit: Deffo is at South Shields, couldn't see it clearly on the link i have posted but 'Harton Nook' does appear on the line of text above the windows. It even says South Shields on the front next to the brand name...

(22 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm)AIG20 wrote Connecting the Dots - Connecting you with the town centre and Harton Nook: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/19724486870/

Personally I think it looks great as Stagecoach lately seem to be putting an effort into branding services the E1,2,6 the 36-38 the Carlisle services and now the 3,4,7,8 however I'm slightly annoyed it's the 3,4,7,8 that seem to get new buses all the time.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(22 Jul 2015, 4:53 pm)danpick wrote Personally I think it looks great as Stagecoach lately seem to be putting an effort into branding services the E1,2,6 the 36-38 the Carlisle services and now the 3,4,7,8 however I'm slightly annoyed it's the 3,4,7,8 that seem to get new buses all the time.

I know its always the 3,4,7,and 8s that get the new buses..............Oh well it looks us are getting the sh*tty 61 plate examples on the 18 Smile
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(22 Jul 2015, 6:02 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I know its always the 3,4,7,and 8s that get the new buses..............Oh well it looks us are getting the sh*tty 61 plate examples on the 18 Smile
Not surprised we're getting buses that are too small.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
In fairness 3,4,7 & 8 were the only "superoutes" when they were introduced by nexus. 3 & 4 1st with arrival of 34xxx pointer darts. 7 & 8 when the 35xxx batch arrived. I would go as far as saying that they maybe there the routes with highest revenue. They also serve the majority of the towns areas. They new batch are bound to stray off route frequently as even now an e300 would hardly be a rare working on any of the shields routes

Kind regards

Chris
(22 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm)Youngymmv wrote In fairness 3,4,7 & 8 were the only "superoutes" when they were introduced by nexus. 3 & 4 1st with arrival of 34xxx pointer darts. 7 & 8 when the 35xxx batch arrived. I would go as far as saying that they maybe there the routes with highest revenue. They also serve the majority of the towns areas. They new batch are bound to stray off route frequently as even now an e300 would hardly be a rare working on any of the shields routes

Kind regards

Chris

I forgot about the "Superoutes" Didn't "Superoute" mean that service was operated by low floor buses? Of course all Stagecoach South Sheilds are low floor now.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(22 Jul 2015, 6:53 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I forgot about the "Superoutes" Didn't "Superoute" mean that service was operated by low floor buses?  Of course all Stagecoach South Sheilds are low floor now.

Discussed here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=579

HTH
(23 Jul 2015, 12:51 pm)Youngymmv wrote I see they have replaced the "in South Shields" logos on next batch of e200s with "greener smarter travel" wonder if this is something that will be rolled out across the fleet
https://flic.kr/p/vpQNq3

Stockton's 'The Zone' E300s have the same. Local names were dropped last year - unbranded vehicles just have 'Stagecoach' Fleetnames now (as per Arriva)
After a few weeks away, 27166 is now back in service at Stockton after repairs.
Site Administrator
(23 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Do you know if this will be a regular allocation on the X20 or is it just the one off?

No idea - but I hope the Go North East paintjob critics have a good look at the state of that offside corner panel!
(23 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Do you know if this will be a regular allocation on the X20 or is it just the one off?

I was told it was sticking to MAN's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm)Michael wrote I was told it was sticking to MAN's.

If all seven E400s are entering service at South Shields, I wonder what vehicles will be replaced until the X34 frequency is increased? Though, if South Shields are keeping 22050/67/70 it seems more likely that at least 3 E400s will enter service elsewhere until the X34 frequency is increased.
(23 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm)AIG20 wrote If all seven E400s are entering service at South Shields, I wonder what vehicles will be replaced until the X34 frequency is increased? Though, if South Shields are keeping 22050/67/70 it seems more likely that at least 3 E400s will enter service elsewhere until the X34 frequency is increased.

Not sure, i hope they'll be on the E's for the summer time.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm)Michael wrote Not sure, i hope they'll be on the E's for the summer time.

Double Decker's will be needed on the "E" services this weekend for the Airshow, as last year several of the ADL E300s reached their maximum passenger capacity - where the bus was so full that people were standing face-to-face.
(23 Jul 2015, 5:36 pm)AIG20 wrote Double Decker's will be needed on the "E" services this weekend for the Airshow, as last year several of the ADL E300s reached their maximum passenger capacity - where the bus was so full that people were standing face-to-face.

I wonder if anymore will enter service over the weekend for the airshow, i don't get the bus to airshow anymore, thank god, the ques were always way to long.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Jul 2015, 6:40 pm)danpick wrote Not surprised we're getting buses that are too small.

You're not the only ones.
Given the fact that no registration change has been registered for service x34 (except for those relating to imminent changes this weekend), the suggested increase to a 20 min frequency will be at least another 2 months yet.  So the additional double deckers that South Shields are receiving will not be required for service x34 just yet (unless 19194/96/97 do get transferred), and therefore will be used on other services.  What is wrong with them being used for the x20 (permanently even?) Also service X20 is normally the 22050/67/70 operated which is the larger vehicle capacity so would make sense for those vehicles to be replaced by the 19641-47 batch.