Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (62) Previous 144 45 4662 Next
cbma06

21 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm #881
(21 Aug 2015, 8:21 am)Drifter60 Yeah the Peterlee area map is good.
However a a number of issues or corrections need sorting..
It looks like the 265/202/61 all serve East Moor Estate, when in actual fact just the 265 does.
Dalton Park is missed off the map which seems a bit of an oversight.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, the 265 doesn't gove via Elmore Lane and actually goes through Hetton & Moorsley.
Aswell as the fact the X10 doesn't serve Peterlee town centre.
Small oversight with the 208 in South Hetton as it actually serves Grasmere Terrace (the X35 evening terminus) which hasn't been shown on the map.
Service 238 is missed off completely.
Murton needed to a bit bigger and/or clearer and possibly list Woods Terrace/Dalton Park to show the common route of the services- as to me I can't really tell what route the services take from that map.

East Moor Estate is right next door to Dalton Park. looks like the map has just been done in haste, without proper thought going into it.

The X10 does serve peterlee town centre even though its only evenings and Sunday journeys, maybe next to the X10 number it should say * as a variation to the route.

cbma06
21 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm #881

(21 Aug 2015, 8:21 am)Drifter60 Yeah the Peterlee area map is good.
However a a number of issues or corrections need sorting..
It looks like the 265/202/61 all serve East Moor Estate, when in actual fact just the 265 does.
Dalton Park is missed off the map which seems a bit of an oversight.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, the 265 doesn't gove via Elmore Lane and actually goes through Hetton & Moorsley.
Aswell as the fact the X10 doesn't serve Peterlee town centre.
Small oversight with the 208 in South Hetton as it actually serves Grasmere Terrace (the X35 evening terminus) which hasn't been shown on the map.
Service 238 is missed off completely.
Murton needed to a bit bigger and/or clearer and possibly list Woods Terrace/Dalton Park to show the common route of the services- as to me I can't really tell what route the services take from that map.

East Moor Estate is right next door to Dalton Park. looks like the map has just been done in haste, without proper thought going into it.

The X10 does serve peterlee town centre even though its only evenings and Sunday journeys, maybe next to the X10 number it should say * as a variation to the route.

cbma06

21 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm #882
On the peterlee map, its got down that the 206 goes along blackhall then turns right onto hesleden road, even though service 206 continues down to blackhall rocks then turns right to go through hesleden towards the A19 and should have the variation of service X35 going along this route aswell (service 206 only serves hesleden road west and not the east side.

cbma06
21 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm #882

On the peterlee map, its got down that the 206 goes along blackhall then turns right onto hesleden road, even though service 206 continues down to blackhall rocks then turns right to go through hesleden towards the A19 and should have the variation of service X35 going along this route aswell (service 206 only serves hesleden road west and not the east side.

21 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm #883
Just been told by mam that she saw the most beautiful and stunning silver double decker bus that she'd ever seen when she was in Durham earlier on. First positive comment I've heard about the Streetdeck. Big Grin
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm #883

Just been told by mam that she saw the most beautiful and stunning silver double decker bus that she'd ever seen when she was in Durham earlier on. First positive comment I've heard about the Streetdeck. Big Grin

S813 FVK

21 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm #884
(21 Aug 2015, 2:12 pm)Michael Will any more MPD's go for ramp conversion?

Didn't Dan say that all vehicles that didn't have a manual ramp would have one fitted because of reliability? I remember him bringing up the Stanley campaign anyway.
S813 FVK
21 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm #884

Didn't Dan say that all vehicles that didn't have a manual ramp would have one fitted because of reliability? I remember him bringing up the Stanley campaign anyway.

21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm #885
(21 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm)S813 FVK Didn't Dan say that all vehicles that didn't have a manual ramp would have one fitted because of reliability? I remember him bringing up the Stanley campaign anyway.

#savethepigeons
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm #885

(21 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm)S813 FVK Didn't Dan say that all vehicles that didn't have a manual ramp would have one fitted because of reliability? I remember him bringing up the Stanley campaign anyway.

#savethepigeons

Michael

21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm #886

Honestly can't remember.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm #886

Honestly can't remember.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

21 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm #887
(21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm)R852 PRG #savethepigeons

I'll be chasing them all off when i get back tomorrow  Tongue . I'd rather stay here though. At least I have a bleeding internet connection!
S813 FVK
21 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm #887

(21 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm)R852 PRG #savethepigeons

I'll be chasing them all off when i get back tomorrow  Tongue . I'd rather stay here though. At least I have a bleeding internet connection!

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm #888

Yes; that's correct, Robert.

Go North East has been in the process of converting all vehicles to manual ramps for over a year now, but I believe the process has been significantly sped up recently due to increased faults with the automatic ramps and online petitions against these ramps. It takes about four days to remove the old ramp, fit the new one, and test it. Most of these ramp conversions are done at Saltmeadows Road, but I think Chester-le-Street have done quite a few of their own now.

I was recently on a "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro which had issues with its ramp and therefore could not pull away - the problem had been caused by the driver not powering the bus down correctly. Buying these ramps was a great idea on paper as it saved the driver having to get out of the cab, but these ramps are so fragile, I think it's ultimately caused more problems! Interestingly, I think Lothian Buses still specify that their vehicles are fitted with automatic ramps?
Dan
21 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm #888

Yes; that's correct, Robert.

Go North East has been in the process of converting all vehicles to manual ramps for over a year now, but I believe the process has been significantly sped up recently due to increased faults with the automatic ramps and online petitions against these ramps. It takes about four days to remove the old ramp, fit the new one, and test it. Most of these ramp conversions are done at Saltmeadows Road, but I think Chester-le-Street have done quite a few of their own now.

I was recently on a "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro which had issues with its ramp and therefore could not pull away - the problem had been caused by the driver not powering the bus down correctly. Buying these ramps was a great idea on paper as it saved the driver having to get out of the cab, but these ramps are so fragile, I think it's ultimately caused more problems! Interestingly, I think Lothian Buses still specify that their vehicles are fitted with automatic ramps?

Malarkey

21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm #889
Had a little ride on the StreetDeck earlier from Eldon Square to Gateshead and was not all that impressed by it if I am honest, was quite slow and rattled a hell of a lot on this short trip, think the E400MMC is way better so I do hope that GNE Purchase these instead, On the flipside of the coin, I think the StreetDeck would be a lot better if it was fitted with the Micro-Hybrid Engine which the Streetlites have on the Red Kite etc, and set up to be the same as them performance wise so it could handle the route better.

Finally does GNE employ anyone to go over the Seats on the Buses with a hoover to remove all dust/dirt etc at the end of the day, as there was a lad sitting next to me on the X1 this evening, and he started slapping the seat next to him and the amount of dirt/dust which ploomed up off the seat was sickening, think the design of seating moquettes does an excellent job of hiding it so that customers dont realise.
Malarkey
21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm #889

Had a little ride on the StreetDeck earlier from Eldon Square to Gateshead and was not all that impressed by it if I am honest, was quite slow and rattled a hell of a lot on this short trip, think the E400MMC is way better so I do hope that GNE Purchase these instead, On the flipside of the coin, I think the StreetDeck would be a lot better if it was fitted with the Micro-Hybrid Engine which the Streetlites have on the Red Kite etc, and set up to be the same as them performance wise so it could handle the route better.

Finally does GNE employ anyone to go over the Seats on the Buses with a hoover to remove all dust/dirt etc at the end of the day, as there was a lad sitting next to me on the X1 this evening, and he started slapping the seat next to him and the amount of dirt/dust which ploomed up off the seat was sickening, think the design of seating moquettes does an excellent job of hiding it so that customers dont realise.

citaro5284

21 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm #890
(21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)Malarkey Had a little ride on the StreetDeck earlier from Eldon Square to Gateshead and was not all that impressed by it if I am honest, was quite slow and rattled a hell of a lot on this short trip, think the E400MMC is way better so I do hope that GNE Purchase these instead, On the flipside of the coin, I think the StreetDeck would be a lot better if it was fitted with the Micro-Hybrid Engine which the Streetlites have on the Red Kite etc, and set up to be the same as them performance wise so it could handle the route better.

It is
citaro5284
21 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm #890

(21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)Malarkey Had a little ride on the StreetDeck earlier from Eldon Square to Gateshead and was not all that impressed by it if I am honest, was quite slow and rattled a hell of a lot on this short trip, think the E400MMC is way better so I do hope that GNE Purchase these instead, On the flipside of the coin, I think the StreetDeck would be a lot better if it was fitted with the Micro-Hybrid Engine which the Streetlites have on the Red Kite etc, and set up to be the same as them performance wise so it could handle the route better.

It is

Malarkey

21 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm #891
(21 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm)citaro5284 It is

Is it, certainly didnt sound like it, sounded more like an unintentional fart which just slips out.
Malarkey
21 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm #891

(21 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm)citaro5284 It is

Is it, certainly didnt sound like it, sounded more like an unintentional fart which just slips out.

21 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm #892
(21 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm)Malarkey Is it, certainly didnt sound like it, sounded more like an unintentional fart which just slips out.

What a great observation.
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm #892

(21 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm)Malarkey Is it, certainly didnt sound like it, sounded more like an unintentional fart which just slips out.

What a great observation.

Malarkey

21 Aug 2015, 9:49 pm #893
(21 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm)R852 PRG What a great observation.

I have read worse observations given on here by other members.
Malarkey
21 Aug 2015, 9:49 pm #893

(21 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm)R852 PRG What a great observation.

I have read worse observations given on here by other members.

Malarkey

21 Aug 2015, 9:52 pm #894
(21 Aug 2015, 1:56 pm)Dan The four former Peterlee-based Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer vehicles - 564 (NK53 TLO), 565 (NK53 TLU), 573 (NK53 TMY) and 574 (NK53 TMZ) - have all now returned to service at Deptford following repaint into Go North East's corporate livery, and this has set the ball rolling with some cascades. As noted above, plain yellow base liveried Dennis MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 542 (NA52 AXG) has transferred to Crook, with the primary intention of covering for "The OK Way" branded  Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 571 (NK53 TMV) which is currently at Chester-le-Street undergoing manual ramp conversion.

Deptford's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5306 (NK08 CHO) is still at Saltmeadows Road undergoing repaint, and has since been joined by 5307 (NK08 CHV). Stanley's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5286 (NK08 CFV) is the next former "Diamond" branded example to arrive at Saltmeadows Road for repaint, taking the place of 5291 (NK08 CGG) which is now back at Stanley.

What colour is it?
Malarkey
21 Aug 2015, 9:52 pm #894

(21 Aug 2015, 1:56 pm)Dan The four former Peterlee-based Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer vehicles - 564 (NK53 TLO), 565 (NK53 TLU), 573 (NK53 TMY) and 574 (NK53 TMZ) - have all now returned to service at Deptford following repaint into Go North East's corporate livery, and this has set the ball rolling with some cascades. As noted above, plain yellow base liveried Dennis MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 542 (NA52 AXG) has transferred to Crook, with the primary intention of covering for "The OK Way" branded  Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 571 (NK53 TMV) which is currently at Chester-le-Street undergoing manual ramp conversion.

Deptford's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5306 (NK08 CHO) is still at Saltmeadows Road undergoing repaint, and has since been joined by 5307 (NK08 CHV). Stanley's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5286 (NK08 CFV) is the next former "Diamond" branded example to arrive at Saltmeadows Road for repaint, taking the place of 5291 (NK08 CGG) which is now back at Stanley.

What colour is it?

Michael

21 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm #895
(21 Aug 2015, 9:52 pm)Malarkey What colour is it?

Blue Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm #895

(21 Aug 2015, 9:52 pm)Malarkey What colour is it?

Blue Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

21 Aug 2015, 10:25 pm #896
(21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)Malarkey Finally does GNE employ anyone to go over the Seats on the Buses with a hoover to remove all dust/dirt etc at the end of the day, as there was a lad sitting next to me on the X1 this evening, and he started slapping the seat next to him and the amount of dirt/dust which ploomed up off the seat was sickening, think the design of seating moquettes does an excellent job of hiding it so that customers dont realise.

They'll have cleaners, but fabric seats need a lot more than a hoover to remove all dust/dirt. They'd need to be shampoo'd, and baring in mind your average car seat will take a good 5 minutes to do, you can guess how long a double deck bus will take. Not ideal like, as I personally think it's disgusting, but there's a lot worse bacteria that you touch day in day out. Think of all the doors you open? Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Aug 2015, 10:25 pm #896

(21 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)Malarkey Finally does GNE employ anyone to go over the Seats on the Buses with a hoover to remove all dust/dirt etc at the end of the day, as there was a lad sitting next to me on the X1 this evening, and he started slapping the seat next to him and the amount of dirt/dust which ploomed up off the seat was sickening, think the design of seating moquettes does an excellent job of hiding it so that customers dont realise.

They'll have cleaners, but fabric seats need a lot more than a hoover to remove all dust/dirt. They'd need to be shampoo'd, and baring in mind your average car seat will take a good 5 minutes to do, you can guess how long a double deck bus will take. Not ideal like, as I personally think it's disgusting, but there's a lot worse bacteria that you touch day in day out. Think of all the doors you open? Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

21 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm #897
[quote='Malarkey' pid='123960' dateline='1440191443']

Theres no Micro Hybrid Engine, Micro Hybrid is a system added to the bus when manufactured.
The 63 Plate Streetlites have the same 5.4 Litre Cummins ISB4 engine as in the Micro Hybrid Streetlites.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
21 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm #897

[quote='Malarkey' pid='123960' dateline='1440191443']

Theres no Micro Hybrid Engine, Micro Hybrid is a system added to the bus when manufactured.
The 63 Plate Streetlites have the same 5.4 Litre Cummins ISB4 engine as in the Micro Hybrid Streetlites.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

BusLoverMum

21 Aug 2015, 10:58 pm #898
(21 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm)S813 FVK I'll be chasing them all off when i get back tomorrow  Tongue . I'd rather stay here though. At least I have a bleeding internet connection!

Littl'un loves chasing the pigeons in Old Eldon Square. It was like his birthday when a gull landed! Have had to tain Big'un not to kick them for fear of the wrath of the RSPB.
BusLoverMum
21 Aug 2015, 10:58 pm #898

(21 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm)S813 FVK I'll be chasing them all off when i get back tomorrow  Tongue . I'd rather stay here though. At least I have a bleeding internet connection!

Littl'un loves chasing the pigeons in Old Eldon Square. It was like his birthday when a gull landed! Have had to tain Big'un not to kick them for fear of the wrath of the RSPB.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am #899
(21 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm)Michael Blue Smile

Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it? Tongue
Dan
22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am #899

(21 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm)Michael Blue Smile

Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it? Tongue

Michael

22 Aug 2015, 9:19 am #900
(22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am)Dan Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it? Tongue

Very! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Aug 2015, 9:19 am #900

(22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am)Dan Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it? Tongue

Very! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (62) Previous 144 45 4662 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average