Menu

Pages (136)    192 93 94136   
Diamond One   24 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 5:59 pm)MrFozz wrote Name Dropper...Tongue

Seriously, I used to love Dean Windass, was funny when he once got sent off 3 times...In the same game when he was at Aberdeen 1997

Windass sent off Three Times

taken today
Attached Files
.jpg
DSCF2391.JPG (Size 3.6 MB Downloads 22)
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm)Diamond One wrote taken today
Nice One Big Grin
Diamond One   24 Aug 2015, 10:39 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm)MrFozz wrote Nice One Big Grin

i noticed while my Hull shirt was in the process of getting done and as soon as i was on my way to chippy as i was starving for some grub i noticed he was there again my shirt was newly done with 11 Clucas with Sky Bet League Patches
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 10:39 pm)Diamond One wrote i noticed while my Hull shirt was in the process of getting done and as soon as i was on my way to chippy as i was starving for some grub i noticed he was there again my shirt was newly done with 11 Clucas with Sky Bet League Patches
Surprised he wasnt in the chippy with you
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   25 Aug 2015, 8:22 am
(24 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm)RMrFozz wrote Surprised he wasnt in the chippy with you

He was heading for his own car
omnicity4659   25 Aug 2015, 9:54 am
(24 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm)Diamond One wrote taken today

He looks like the courier who has just dropped off a Next parcel...  Tongue
Malarkey   27 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm
Putting smiles on little kids faces at Roker for a few hours dressed up as Sunderland Mascot Samson, must of had over a Hundred photos taken in that time, even took a selfie with Sunderland Ladies Goalkeeper "Hilde Gunn Olsen", safe to say she loves Samson mind as she also wanted me to go on the Beach to play Football, but I was told I wasnt allowed in case I hurt my myself or damaged the suit, other than those few nice moments I didnt enjoy it one bit as I couldnt breathe properly due to something inside the head of the costume digging into my throat, certainly wont be doing it again any time soon.
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 5:58 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm)Malarkey wrote Putting smiles on little kids faces at Roker for a few hours dressed up as Sunderland Mascot Samson, must of had over a Hundred photos taken in that time, even took a selfie with Sunderland Ladies Goalkeeper "Hilde Gunn Olsen", safe to say she loves Samson mind as she also wanted me to go on the Beach to play Football, but I was told I wasnt allowed in case I hurt my myself or damaged the suit, other than those few nice moments I didnt enjoy it one bit as I couldnt breathe properly due to something inside the head of the costume digging into my throat, certainly wont be doing it again any time soon.

I used to love being in costume while I worked at Metroland - it was a right skive.

It's even possible that I may have met one or two of you whilst in costume, I apologise in advance if I made you cry or traumatised you in any way.  Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   27 Aug 2015, 6:03 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 5:44 pm)Malarkey wrote Putting smiles on little kids faces at Roker for a few hours dressed up as Sunderland Mascot Samson, must of had over a Hundred photos taken in that time, even took a selfie with Sunderland Ladies Goalkeeper "Hilde Gunn Olsen", safe to say she loves Samson mind as she also wanted me to go on the Beach to play Football, but I was told I wasnt allowed in case I hurt my myself or damaged the suit, other than those few nice moments I didnt enjoy it one bit as I couldnt breathe properly due to something inside the head of the costume digging into my throat, certainly wont be doing it again any time soon.
I would love to be a sports mascot...Applied to Sunderland years ago, Darlo in 2010 and Durham Cricket Club last year
omnicity4659   27 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 5:58 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I used to love being in costume while I worked at Metroland - it was a right skive.

It's even possible that I may have met one or two of you whilst in costume, I apologise in advance if I made you cry or traumatised you in any way.  Big Grin

What were you dressed as? I went to Metroland loads when I was little. It felt like yesterday when they were refurbishing Metroland into the Odeon.
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm)GX03 SVC wrote What were you dressed as? I went to Metroland loads when I was little. It felt like yesterday when they were refurbishing Metroland into the Odeon.

Merlin the Wizard; Some Pink Dragon thing (can't remember the name); and some giant inflatable clown thing.

Probably a bit before your time though, I worked there between 1997 and 2000.
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Merlin the Wizard; Some Pink Dragon thing (can't remember the name); and some giant inflatable clown thing.

Probably a bit before your time though, I worked there between 1997 and 2000.

I may have visited once or twice during the time you would have worked there.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm
I actually miss Metroland. What a way it was to spend a day! Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 6:39 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm)aureolin wrote I actually miss Metroland. What a way it was to spend a day! Big Grin

For me it was a case of 'Be careful what you wish for...'

As a child, I thought it would be a fun place to work. While being in costume was a laugh, operating the rides was excruciatingly boring. The arcades were even worse. 

I sometimes have dreams of having to go back there to work  :s
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 6:44 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote For me it was a case of 'Be careful what you wish for...'

As a child, I thought it would be a fun place to work. While being in costume was a laugh, operating the rides was excruciatingly boring. The arcades were even worse. 

I sometimes have dreams of having to go back there to work  :s

The arcades were quality. I remember the smaller gaming area, which was down in a circular area, near where the RC boats and dodgems were. There was even a WWF Wrestlefest game there. The upstairs arcade area, if I remember, was more a long hall of action games. I wonder what happened to all my arcade tickets? Big Grin

MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 6:49 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:44 pm)aureolin wrote The arcades were quality. I remember the smaller gaming area, which was down in a circular area, near where the RC boats and dodgems were. There was even a WWF Wrestlefest game there. The upstairs arcade area, if I remember, was more a long hall of action games. I wonder what happened to all my arcade tickets? Big Grin

Yeah, opposite the stage.

Did you ever sample the R360? - That was the aircraft simulator thing which went upside down. At weekends and during school holidays, a member of staff was allocated to that thing. Eight hours on your feet operating something which punters looked at but rarely used. Being stuck on that was the worst.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 6:52 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:49 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Yeah, opposite the stage.

Did you ever sample the R360? - That was the aircraft simulator thing which went upside down. At weekends and during school holidays, a member of staff was allocated to that thing. Eight hours on your feet operating something which punters looked at but rarely used. Being stuck on that was the worst.

I can't! The ones that stick out from up there were the penalty shoot out game (with the ball on rope), the robotic arm-wrestling machine, and the horse racing game.

MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 7:01 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:52 pm)aureolin wrote I can't! The ones that stick out from up there were the penalty shoot out game (with the ball on rope), the robotic arm-wrestling machine, and the horse racing game.

I think those were in the Gallery, the bit connecting the food court to the escalators at the exit of the Yellow Mall. 

The dodgems were alright to operate. Decent music and the chance to hang onto the backs of the dogem cars like a true fairground carny!
Andreos1   27 Aug 2015, 7:32 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 7:01 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I think those were in the Gallery, the bit connecting the food court to the escalators at the exit of the Yellow Mall. 

The dodgems were alright to operate. Decent music and the chance to hang onto the backs of the dogem cars like a true fairground carny!

Spookily, this has just appeared on fb.
Squinting like mad, but cant make you out on no 3.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Kuyoyo   27 Aug 2015, 7:33 pm
(19 Aug 2015, 11:58 am)Kuyoyo wrote Well, my laptop basically - Window Explorer has basically stopped working unless my laptop is running in safe mode. So, tonight's task - run it in safe mode and backup all my files plus hopefully some software files just in case it has to be totally reset. What a way to cement the last few weeks as the worse few weeks of my life...........
(20 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And now it won't even load in Safe Mode. So, that's 2 months worth of Photos lost along with my CV and other document

Well, I've (thanks to my sister) *hopefully* manage to recover my laptop back to the 16th August - which means I've only lost 2 days worth of photos (and they're only Teesside ones so not really a big deal)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 7:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote Spookily, this has just appeared on fb.
Squinting like mad, but cant make you out on no 3.

Which FB link? If it's the Chronicle one, I don't think I'm on any of them - I've checked.
Andreos1   27 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Which FB link? If it's the Chronicle one, I don't think I'm on any of them - I've checked.
sorry, this one: http://newcastleuncovered.com/growing-up...the-1990s/

MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 8:10 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote sorry, this one: http://newcastleuncovered.com/growing-up...the-1990s/

I see it mentions the pirate ship.

The pirate ship used to have an adjustable timer. It was supposed to be set at two minutes but I used to set it longer so I could sit and daydream about leaving the place for a little while longer. 

So, during the time I worked there, if you experienced a ten minute marathon on the pirate ship, in all probability, it was probably me who was operating it.
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 8:14 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:10 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I see it mentions the pirate ship.

The pirate ship used to have an adjustable timer. It was supposed to be set at two minutes but I used to set it longer so I could sit and daydream about leaving the place for a little while longer. 

So, during the time I worked there, if you experienced a ten minute marathon on the pirate ship, in all probability, it was probably me who was operating it.

I always recall standing there whilst letting a boat load or two go on first, just so I could sit at the narrow seat either end of it. It didn't half give you butterflies haha.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 8:17 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:14 pm)aureolin wrote I always recall standing there whilst letting a boat load or two go on first, just so I could sit at the narrow seat either end of it. It didn't half give you butterflies haha.

You weren't the only one. The back seats were always the most popular. At times you had to force people onto the ship as no-one wanted to sit in the middle.
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:17 pm)MurdnunoC wrote You weren't the only one. The back seats were always the most popular. At times you had to force people onto the ship as no-one wanted to sit in the middle.

Not surprised. If you got the seats facing right in the middle, where the mast was, you barely even moved! We used to try and get right at the back of the rollercoaster too, as you got more of the 'pull' when it went downhill.

MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)aureolin wrote Not surprised. If you got the seats facing right in the middle, where the mast was, you barely even moved! We used to try and get right at the back of the rollercoaster too, as you got more of the 'pull' when it went downhill.

Again, many an argument with punters wishing to wait for the back seats when it was busy. I've witnessed a few fights for the back seats too.
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Again, many an argument with punters wishing to wait for the back seats when it was busy. I've witnessed a few fights for the back seats too.

I went on the boat once with people from school once and three of us sat at the back and someone else we knew tried to cram himself in and then I was ordered to move and ended up sat next to randoms. felt like a right prat! [emoji34]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   27 Aug 2015, 8:26 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:10 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I see it mentions the pirate ship.

Looking at the dates you mentioned, I had been, gone and was almost on my way back with little Constantopolous when you were working there.

NK53 TKT   27 Aug 2015, 8:31 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Again, many an argument with punters wishing to wait for the back seats when it was busy. I've witnessed a few fights for the back seats too.

I once saw a HUGE row on 6038 for the front top deck seats
Pages (136)    192 93 94136