Menu

Pages (146)    1110 111 112146   
Malarkey   02 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm
(02 Sep 2015, 6:14 pm)Dan wrote See - you should have read the diversion information..!

Knowing you live in Washington, I (correctly) guessed you stood a chance of using services 4, 56 or X1 (ie one of the main services in the area) to go to work. All of these will be affected, especially the 56 and X1, as, until approximately 17:00, buses will run between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Prince Consort Road, Askew Road, Redheugh Bridge and St. James’ Boulevard to Westmorland Road, Neville Street, Clayton Street West to Westgate Road (Carling Academy).

The disruption to services certainly expands beyond South Shields...  Rolleyes

Well the dual-door Volvo B10BLEs currently allocated aren't DDA-compliant so these either have to be modified to become DDA-compliant or alternative vehicles will have to be sourced...

I will inform work I will be late in nearer to the date, cant see why the match couldnt be moved to 4pm Kick-Off or a Monday Night, would make life a lot easier.

A mere thought (or maybe a prediction) here but isnt Go-Ahead London Services 507/521 due to be converted to Fully Electric Operation, which would therefore mean 50 Mercedes Citaros (MEC1 to MEC50) would become available to transferred elsewhere within the Go-Ahead Group, or perhaps they will just replace older vehicles in the London Fleet.
R852 PRG   02 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm
(02 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm)Malarkey wrote I will inform work I will be late in nearer to the date, cant see why the match couldnt be moved to 4pm Kick-Off or a Monday Night, would make life a lot easier.

A mere thought (or maybe a prediction) here but isnt Go-Ahead London Services 507/521 due to be converted to Fully Electric Operation, which would therefore mean 50 Mercedes Citaros (MEC1 to MEC50) would become available to transferred elsewhere within the Go-Ahead Group, or perhaps they will just replace older vehicles in the London Fleet.

I don't think you'll find many employers that are willing to work around the travel arrangements of staff. All that matters to them is that you're there.
Adrian   02 Sep 2015, 7:15 pm
(02 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm)R852 PRG wrote I don't think you'll find many employers that are willing to work around the travel arrangements of staff. All that matters to them is that you're there.

Not really the thread for discussing that, but you'd be surprised.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   02 Sep 2015, 7:44 pm
(02 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm)R852 PRG wrote I don't think you'll find many employers that are willing to work around the travel arrangements of staff. All that matters to them is that you're there.

To be fair at the Stadium of Light in Quinns Sports Bar, which is where I work we stand around for 2 Hours before the Doors Open anyway, guessing for the game on the 13th September doors will open no later than 11am.

Aureolin feel free to move these posts into the Anything and Everything Thread, or wherever you feel is more appropriate as we going off-topic here now.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   08 Sep 2015, 4:10 pm
How do you find sercive variations etc can't seem to find them now.
Michael   08 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 4:10 pm)DanPicken wrote How do you find sercive variations etc can't seem to find them now.

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfser...ch_new.asp

when on the site:

Change the Registration/Application types to - View all

Tick: North Eastern Traffic Area

then search =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   09 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm
Did anyone see the commotion in Chopwell last night?

A couple accused of murder have been moved out of Chopwell following a protest by residents

It was actually trending on Facebook at one point. Strange to see Chopwell trending!
Rapidsnap   09 Sep 2015, 10:59 pm
Seems to got a knack of drawing lately, ok they're mainly ponies, but still I've done a pretty good job.

They are all available to view on here - http://gazeem.deviantart.com/

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   11 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm
Having seen the Knee Consultant earlier on this afternoon, he reckons I have done the Cartilage (Meniscus) in my Right Knee as the Cartilage kept on moving when put pressure on my knee with his thumbs, which felt horrible, so I will need to have an MRI Scan to see what the extent of issue I have been having is as it could be a tear, the other reason for the MRI is to see whether there is any other underlying issues with my knee in 4 Weeks Time, after that wait another 2 Weeks for the Results to come back to then see if I will need to have an Operation or not.
Michael   11 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm
Its only DJ Dulling from Sandhill View!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewcastle/vi...79/?type=2&theater

He used to be my Science teacher when i was at school, proper mad, used to eat raw nettles, he used to take the kids fags and smoke them himself haha

Rumours have it, he got sacked for dancing during a lesson... this video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_KjJKqL7M

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   12 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm
What do you call a group of Quaylinks?
Simmy   12 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm
(11 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote Its only DJ Dulling from Sandhill View!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewcastle/vi...79/?type=2&theater

He used to be my Science teacher when i was at school, proper mad, used to eat raw nettles, he used to take the kids fags and smoke them himself haha

Rumours have it, he got sacked for dancing during a lesson... this video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_KjJKqL7M
He taught me chemistry at Whitburn back in 2010  Big Grin .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   12 Sep 2015, 2:29 pm
(12 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm)NK53 TKT wrote What do you call a group of Quaylinks?

Bananas..?  Tongue
BusLoverMum   12 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm
(12 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm)NK53 TKT wrote What do you call a group of Quaylinks?

A quay chain?

I'll get my coat
omnicity4659   13 Sep 2015, 9:22 am
I saw my so-called father last night in the Chinese. I was sat on the opposite side of the shop, when he picked up his order he stopped and said "Thomas?!". I said hello and he shook my hand. He asked how I was doing and how my brother and mam was. He also asked for me to say hello to my brother for him.

It would be lovely if he actually provided for his children. I've never saw him since 2011. All I get from him is about £40 on my birthday and a Christmas card.

My brother doesn't even know who his father is. It's been so long since the days out in his Ford Galaxy, which he sold to buy an Alfa Romeo.
S813 FVK   13 Sep 2015, 9:24 am
(13 Sep 2015, 9:22 am)GX03 SVC wrote My brother doesn't even know who his father is. It's been so long since the days out in his Ford Galaxy, which he sold to buy an Alfa Romeo.

According to Top Gear, your dad is now a petrolhead Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   13 Sep 2015, 9:28 am
(13 Sep 2015, 9:24 am)S813 FVK wrote According to Top Gear, your dad is now a petrolhead Smile

A rich petrolhead. He did work on the electrics at London 2012 and runs an electrician firm in Ashington.

A red Alfa Romeo. I remember riding in the back with my brother from Tewkesbury to Ashington back at  Christmas 2011. Managed to get home in time for Doctor Who..!
S813 FVK   13 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm
Sad end to a great event for the North East: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-34239200
Michael   15 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm
Passed 9k posts haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
omnicity4659   15 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm)Michael wrote Passed 9k posts haha

8,999 of them are questions and 1 of them is the first 'hi' post....  Tongue

Only kidding   Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   15 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 8,999 of them are questions and 1 of them is the first 'hi' post....  Tongue

Only kidding   Big Grin

Tongue wouldn't surprise me haha

Or... i posted to much of something else Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   15 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...e-10058103
Castletown and Shildon stores amongst those selected to close.

Not sure how these closures affect the deals to take up space in certain B&Q branches. 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   15 Sep 2015, 5:43 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...e-10058103

Not sure how these closures affect the deals to take up space in certain B&Q branches.

My nana's not going to be happy the one at Castletown is shutting although she uses both Morrisons and Aldi (at the retail park)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   15 Sep 2015, 5:43 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...e-10058103

Sad news. Unfortunately the Supermarket business is so reactive, so they'll go for the quick fix, rather than solve the actual problem. 

I'd hope with Castletown, that they could look into redeploying staff to their Seaburn store. Same with Shildon and Bishop Auckland.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   15 Sep 2015, 6:17 pm
Nissan Gripz Concept revealed at Frankfurt Motor Show

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...4694618036&type=3

Doesn't look to bad.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   15 Sep 2015, 9:19 pm

I suspect the Castletown store has too much competition from the wallyworld down the road.

Will be interesting to see if they go through with their half a B&Q plans in Sunderland and Durham. The Durham site is round the corner from an enormous Tesco with an Aldi and Iceland next door. ASDA also had plans to open a store on the vacant Dragonville lot, right across the road from Tesco, but those plans appear to have disappeared into the ether since last year.
BusLoverMum   15 Sep 2015, 9:21 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 6:17 pm)Michael wrote Nissan Gripz Concept revealed at Frankfurt Motor Show

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...4694618036&type=3

Doesn't look to bad.

**blink**

It would get you noticed, for sure.

What's with all the angles? A 1980s 3D rendering look and feel? Max Headroom styling?
MrFozz   16 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm
The Migrant Crisis...

Is it getting out of hand now too much now???

I am all for taking migrants in, I am all for them having the right not to be terrorised or having to live in danger in war zones, but I dont agree with the way they are behaving, whether it is clashing with authorities on the Serb-Hungary Border or trespassing on Channel Tunnel Property in Calais and trying to force there way into lorries, that is not the right answer and I don't see what the problem is with Hungary sealing the border with Serbia, thats there problem, not ours or anyone else for that matter...

I don't understand what Hungary's problem is though, and why they won't let them through as most Migrants are saying they want to goto Germany and Sweden among other places, while I sympathise with the situation they find themselves in but breaking the law is wrong...

One more question...

Now that Hungary have closed there Southern Border with Serbia does that the Schengen Zone into some kind of doubt?

Penny for your thoughts guys Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   16 Sep 2015, 5:52 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)MrFozz wrote The Migrant Crisis...

Stop right there my friend. It's a global refugee crisis.

The use of the word 'migrant', often spun out from Murdoch rags, is a disgrace in my opinion. Refugee is defined as "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.". If anyone doesn't think it's forced, then I'd love for them to explain why.

LeeCalder   16 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)MrFozz wrote The Migrant Crisis...

Is it getting out of hand now too much now???

I am all for taking migrants in, I am all for them having the right not to be terrorised or having to live in danger in war zones, but I dont agree with the way they are behaving, whether it is clashing with authorities on the Serb-Hungary Border or trespassing on Channel Tunnel Property in Calais and trying to force there way into lorries, that is not the right answer and I don't see what the problem is with Hungary sealing the border with Serbia, thats there problem, not ours or anyone else for that matter...

I don't understand what Hungary's problem is though, and why they won't let them through as most Migrants are saying they want to goto Germany and Sweden among other places, while I sympathise with the situation they find themselves in but breaking the law is wrong...

One more question...

Now that Hungary have closed there Southern Border with Serbia does that the Schengen Zone into some kind of doubt?

Penny for your thoughts guys Big Grin

The refugee crisis is a major one at the moment, no matter who you are, you will be impacted by this in some way. Whether it is just hearing it on the news, or it is as front-line border force.

I too am for helping refugees in these times of war, however, I am not for taking in thousands economic migrants whilst this is taking place. The problem here though is, as a member of the European Union, almost anyone from another EU country can walk in.

Germany said a few weeks ago that basically anyone can come, it is a bit to late now to draw up a list of countries of whom can stay and can't stay. All they have to do is throw there passports over the Mediterranean and say we are coming.

The problem is, the majority of people that are coming (And the Slovak minister has been honest enough to say) are economic migrants. And, there is also evidence that ISIS are now using this route to get their Jihadists on European soil.

If we want to help genuine refugees, protect OUR society and want to stop the criminal trafficing gangs from benefiting as they are then we must stop the boats coming as the Australian's did, and then we can asses who qualifies for refugee status.
Pages (146)    1110 111 112146