Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
(14 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm)buss14 wrote is tomorrow the launch day for the 6 going sapphire

Yep. Details are on Arriva's social media pages.
My tutor reported that she saw two SNIS "brand new and shiny" Sapphire 6 Pulsars at the Moor Farm Roundabout, Annitsford yesterday. There was also an older Arriva interurban vehicle in the convoy.
As I was heading home from Penrith this afternoon, Eastbound on the A69, I noticed a "12" Reg Wrightbus? Service 685 heading for Carlisle, parked in the Shell Garage at Low Row near Brampton.

Driver and Passengers were onboard.

As I headed away from the Shell Garage, I noticed from a distance in my rear view mirror the Bus pull out of the garage, heading Westbound for Carlisle.

Any idea's on this one... would a bus refuel mid journey?
(14 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)thetravelman wrote As I was heading home from Penrith this afternoon, Eastbound on the A69, I noticed a "12" Reg Wrightbus? Service 685 heading for Carlisle, parked in the Shell Garage at Low Row near Brampton.

As I headed away from the Shell Garage, I noticed from a distance in my rear view mirror the Bus pull out of the garage, heading Westbound for Carlisle.

Probably stopped there if he was running early.
(14 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)thetravelman wrote As I was heading home from Penrith this afternoon, Eastbound on the A69, I noticed a "12" Reg Wrightbus? Service 685 heading for Carlisle, parked in the Shell Garage at Low Row near Brampton.

Five or six years ago I was on the old Arriva 75 when the bus pulled in just after Darras Hall

(14 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm)GX03 SVC wrote My tutor reported that she saw two SNIS "brand new and shiny" Sapphire 6 Pulsars at the Moor Farm Roundabout, Annitsford yesterday. There was also an older Arriva interurban vehicle in the convoy.

There are many out at Blyth she saw one on the X8, I have seen them on the X9
(14 Sep 2015, 7:23 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Five or six years ago I was on the old Arriva 75 when the bus pulled in just after Darras Hall

There are many out at Blyth she saw one on the X8, I have seen them on the X9

There are 2(?) at Blyth, she saw them coming off the A189 from Blyth and Ashington SNIS being followed by what I think she was describing 1401.
(14 Sep 2015, 4:08 pm)Jimmi wrote Tomorrow is the launch for service 6 going Sapphire, the event will be at Bishop Auckland Shopping Park (Tindle Crescent) between 11:30-13:30.

I imagine most of the buses should be fully out on the 6 on Wednesday, although most (if not all) of the Pulsar's are already branded for the 6 with many of them appearing on the 6 already. Not heard anything about Enviro 400's 7519/7520/7521 though.

thank you might go along and have a look
does anyone know when the temsa's are due to be allocated to the intended depot?

(14 Sep 2015, 7:22 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Probably stopped there if he was running early.

That could be a possibility, however this Shell Garage is on the Eastbound side of the road, I know at this point the A69 is just single carriageway, however it is very busy to cross over just to stand for early running, I would of thought a
nearby layby would be more appropriate.
(14 Sep 2015, 8:26 pm)thetravelman wrote That could be a possibility, however this Shell Garage is on the Eastbound side of the road, I know at this point the A69 is just single carriageway, however it is very busy to cross over just to stand for early running, I would of thought a
nearby layby would be more appropriate.

Possibly a toilet stop or something? Only the driver will know really.
I've been on an X10 that has pulled in at Wolviston to close the engine door which came loose/open (4967 if I remember)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(14 Sep 2015, 9:44 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote 7528 involved in incident on Police Interceptors unleashed tonight!

I didn't see that. Which one was it?
(14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote It was the unleashed one on Spike, not Durham / Cleveland on CH5.

That explains it. I managed to get through an hour of TV without nodding off and was shocked to think I might not have been paying attention!
I see Arriva have updated their app significantly. Their tracking now includes arrivals, which is very useful. I guess I wasn't the only person who pointed out that would be useful when I filled in the survey.
(14 Sep 2015, 9:44 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote 7528 involved in incident on Police Interceptors unleashed tonight!

It's a staged incident. It happened on Park Road, Ashington (near where Marcus and Adrian got off the 35). Arriva got paid for the 'incident'. 

I highly doubt that Vinnie Jones would be in a police car on the Spine Road "ten minutes away" when this happened.  Wink 

Also, they film the criminal running down my street.... on the other side of Ashington...
(14 Sep 2015, 10:01 pm)BusLoverMum wrote That explains it. I managed to get through an hour of TV without nodding off and was shocked to think I might not have been paying attention!

If 5+24 still exists you can watch it tonight.  Smile
(15 Sep 2015, 9:46 am)GX03 SVC wrote If 5+24 still exists you can watch it tonight.  Smile

I actually did watch it! Wasn't feeling very well, though, so it was very much in a staring blankly at the TV manner.
(14 Sep 2015, 4:08 pm)Jimmi wrote Tomorrow is the launch for service 6 going Sapphire, the event will be at Bishop Auckland Shopping Park (Tindle Crescent) between 11:30-13:30.

I imagine most of the buses should be fully out on the 6 on Wednesday, although most (if not all) of the Pulsar's are already branded for the 6 with many of them appearing on the 6 already. Not heard anything about Enviro 400's 7519/7520/7521 though.

7520 in Belmont depot
Snex
Unregistered
(15 Sep 2015, 9:22 am)GX03 SVC wrote It's a staged incident. It happened on Park Road, Ashington (near where Marcus and Adrian got off the 35). Arriva got paid for the 'incident'. 

I highly doubt that Vinnie Jones would be in a police car on the Spine Road "ten minutes away" when this happened.  Wink 

Also, they film the criminal running down my street.... on the other side of Ashington...

I've been around here for awhile just like to see what's happening in the area as I find it quite interesting but never really had anything to post.

But just had to say this happened on Woodhorn Road outside of Sports Direct / Co-op Building and, if you watch it, the route he takes does make sense. Definitely wasn't Park Road.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/police-int...sode-1-816 - Can see it there for those interested in it, it's on at around 3 mins 30 secs.

Looks like he was on the Spine Road near the Three Horse Shoes by the bridges aswell. I'm not saying it's not staged tho, wouldn't surprise me one bit on channel 5.
I don't think it was staged because if Arriva knew it was going to happen then they would of put an old bus on not a newly refurbished Sapphire bus.
(15 Sep 2015, 10:28 am)Snex wrote I've been around here for awhile just like to see what's happening in the area as I find it quite interesting but never really had anything to post.

But just had to say this happened on Woodhorn Road outside of Sports Direct / Co-op Building and, if you watch it, the route he takes does make sense. Definitely wasn't Park Road.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/police-int...sode-1-816 - Can see it there for those interested in it, it's on at around 3 mins 30 secs.

Looks like he was on the Spine Road near the Three Horse Shoes by the bridges aswell. I'm not saying it's not staged tho, wouldn't surprise me one bit on channel 5.

I can't watch the episode on my iPad, I was called downstairs by my brother and a police car pulled up to a man and asked about a VW, and he said it was there (on Park Road).
(15 Sep 2015, 11:21 am)DavidSBrough wrote I don't think it was staged because if Arriva knew it was going to happen then they would of put an old bus on not a newly refurbished Sapphire bus.

The supervisor told me that it was staged. They sent an E400, as they're easier to repair than an older bus. Plus, with the location of the 'crash' only a couple of minutes away from the depot...?
7520 was used to launch service 6 as Sapphire at Bishop Auckland today.
[Image: 20816257333_641af45bd0.jpg]Arriva North East: 7520 / NK09FNG by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 21249158530_e5fd077cd6.jpg]Arriva North East: 7520 / NK09FNG by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Note the fact that it does not have a full sized rear screen with it retaining it's rear number only screen.
(15 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Oh dear. Retains the ArrivaBus website too...

was 7521 and 7519 not there?
(15 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm)Jimmi wrote No, only 7520 was in attendance at the launch today.

thanks and i gather the other 2 are at the depot?