You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015
(19 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm)mrnut85 wrote I believe Sunderland and Newcastle are also nearly done

Thanks mrnut85 Smile
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Seen this on Stagecoach North East Twitter earlier:

Stagecoach NEast ‏@StagecoachNE
There will be an app eventually Sean, hopefully next year. K

Be good to have a Stagecoach app
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Nov 2015, 9:30 pm)NK53 TKT wrote To guarantee me a trip on a Stockten Trident which service should I get?

Mon-Fri there should be one on the 39 college days between college duties. Other than that the 13's your best bet.
Period 7 movements

Transit
20121 in as RLV, replacing 21037 to disposal (for preservation)

Busways
22050 into Slatyford reserve replacing 22675 (engine)
22462 reinstated to Walkergate reserve
(21 Nov 2015, 4:14 am)Kuyoyo wrote Period 7 movements

Transit
20121 in as RLV, replacing 21037 to disposal (for preservation)

Busways
22050 into Slatyford reserve replacing 22675 (engine)
22462 reinstated to Walkergate reserve

21037 not certain yet.
A potential worthy preservation candidate? https://www.flickr.com/photos/ggc46/23013863085/

I had thought all of these other than 807 & 838 were long gone but it appears not. Would be great to see this in the South Shields Busways livery that it carried briefly in the early 90s, or even Stagecoach stripes which surprisingly suited those of the batch that received them (albeit 834 didn't).
MAN Enviro 200 39660 has left sunderland paint shop and is now back in service with inside and out looking fresh
JMoss
Once again Stagecoach will extend the Megariders for over Christmas:

Extended Megarider validity over the Christmas period

Customers purchasing 7-day tickets issued over the Christmas period on Stagecoach buses will automatically have additional days added to their tickets.

Therefore the date shown on the ticket will be the actual expiry date of the product.

This offer applies to all 7-day tickets issued on Stagecoach buses (including Megariders and VIPs).

These extra days will also be added to 4-week Megariders purchased from agents which cover the Christmas period.

Special discounts will also be available for customers purchasing an online Megarider Xtra smartcard product.

Merry Christmas from Stagecoach!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Nov 2015, 9:02 pm)Robin Tait wrote Any Sign of 34401 Starting Service or being Scrapped on Site.
It's not going into service and is most definitely not getting scrapped......jeez
(23 Nov 2015, 9:02 pm)Robin Tait wrote Any Sign of 34401 Starting Service or being Scrapped on Site.

Give us one good reason why it would be scrapped.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(24 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm)Jimmi wrote We should ask the same question about you and R852 PRG?

Aye but he didn't go '4852 this' and '4852 that' (not literally this and that Tongue )
(24 Nov 2015, 6:08 pm)S813 FVK wrote Aye but he didn't go '4852 this' and '4852 that' (not literally this and that Tongue )

Then there's you and 3813... Tongue
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(24 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm)Jimmi wrote We should ask the same question about you and R852 PRG?

My username is ''R852 PRG'' purely as a sign of respect for the great vehicle that fell in August 2014. It is to ensure that it's legacy remains and future generations do not go on the assumption that Wright Streetlites have always operated the service.
Site Administrator
(24 Nov 2015, 6:09 pm)R852 PRG wrote My username is ''R852 PRG'' purely as a sign of respect for the great vehicle that fell in August 2014. It is to ensure that it's legacy remains and future generations do not go on the assumption that Wright Streetlites have always operated the service.

Good lord... pass me the sick bucket!!!
Site Administrator
(24 Nov 2015, 6:58 pm)R852 PRG wrote Unfortunately, here we have an example of somebody who favours a brand new Streetlite over one of the company's longest serving vehicle types.

Aye, like most other passengers..! I'd take a brand new bus with Wi-Fi and power sockets over an ancient bus without these features any day of the week.
(24 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote Aye, like most other passengers..! I'd take a brand new bus with Wi-Fi and power sockets over an ancient bus without these features any day of the week.

I'd take any bus that has more than 4 opening windows. And doesn't melt my icing on my cakes.  Wink
Site Administrator
(24 Nov 2015, 7:33 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I'd take any bus that has more than 4 opening windows. And doesn't melt my icing on my cakes.  Wink

Just remember back to when your favourite bus was 1581!!
(24 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote Aye, like most other passengers..! I'd take a brand new bus with Wi-Fi and power sockets over an ancient bus without these features any day of the week.

Fabric seating is preferred by many to e-leather... Speaking of which, how is it that Arriva's e-leather seating is far more comfortable than Go North East's?  Angel
I have to say, i rejected a streetlite tonight and got a citaro instead...it would have been the famous 5284 had i been heading towards Castleside.
Site Administrator
(24 Nov 2015, 7:35 pm)R852 PRG wrote Fabric seating is preferred by many to e-leather... Speaking of which, how is it that Arriva's e-leather seating is far more comfortable than Go North East's?  Angel

You wouldn't know what the e-leather is like on Go North East's buses as you avoid them at all costs - quite comfortable now that it's been worn in (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like e-leather!)  Tongue

I personally think that if you get one of the seats with more leg room, the Streetlites are more comfortable than the Volvo B10s. Had several journeys on 'em recently and was pleasantly surprised each time!
(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 pm)Dan wrote You wouldn't know what the e-leather is like on Go North East's buses as you avoid them at all costs - quite comfortable now that it's been worn in (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like e-leather!)  Tongue

I personally think that if you get one of the seats with more leg room, the Streetlites are more comfortable than the Volvo B10s. Had several journeys on 'em recently and was pleasantly surprised each time!

I have enough experience of them to understand that I detest them... I pity the poor souls that have done Consett-Sunderland on the 78 since the Streetplight takeover. 

In my limited experience of the seats with legroom next to the emergency door; the emergency door has rattled so much that I have resorted to physically stopping it from rattling with my foot. Appears to be common amongst the vehicle type. The amount of legroom is a bonus, however; but Streetplights do not have the ''quadrant'' seating with the great legroom that is found on Volvo B10BLEs, Scania L94UBs, and others.
Site Administrator
(24 Nov 2015, 7:42 pm)R852 PRG wrote I have enough experience of them to understand that I detest them... I pity the poor souls that have done Consett-Sunderland on the 78 since the Streetplight takeover. 

In my limited experience of the seats with legroom next to the emergency door; the emergency door has rattled so much that I have resorted to physically stopping it from rattling with my foot. Appears to be common amongst the vehicle type. The amount of legroom is a bonus, however; but Streetplights do not have the ''quadrant'' seating with the great legroom that is found on Volvo B10BLEs, Scania L94UBs, and others.

Try that at 10 in the morning when you have to sit opposite someone on the "quadrant" seating!

Same as the Metro, bloody awful if you're not a midget.
(24 Nov 2015, 7:43 pm)Dan wrote Try that at 10 in the morning when you have to sit opposite someone on the "quadrant" seating!

Same as the Metro, bloody awful if you're not a midget.

Still, it is not as bad as having seating that faces in only one direction. I usually just stand on the Metro; as most of my journeys are short or I just don't wish to sit in somebody else's piss.
(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 pm)Dan wrote You wouldn't know what the e-leather is like on Go North East's buses as you avoid them at all costs - quite comfortable now that it's been worn in (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like e-leather!) 

Don't sit next to the emergency exit door, unless you enjoy headaches, 10 minutes on the X66 to Metrocentre was long enough to make me lose the will to live.

Although still much sooner have reliable modern bus with extra kit than an golden oldie for making regular journeys, was over the moon when the 7 went Sapphire for getting to college as many mornings I'd be stood waiting for a manky old Dart or Prestige to turn which usually never turned up and made it to college most mornings at slap bang 9am which was usually achieved by me hot footing it across the college car park. That said the best bus to pop up on a peak time morning 7 was Volvo Olympian's 7363/7365 as they could actually seat most passengers although the best buses for comfort were Plaxton Prima coaches when they were temporarily unable to be allocated to the X66, an hour on a coach with WiFi, brilliant!
(24 Nov 2015, 7:45 pm)R852 PRG wrote Still, it is not as bad as having seating that faUces in only one direction. I usually just stand on the Metro; as most of my journeys are short or I just don't wish to sit in somebody else's piss.

I've burst out laughing at this!  Big Grin

I always stand as there's already somebody else sat in somebody's else's piss.

Dan - 1581 can melt, like my icing. 'orrible green thing.