Menu

Pages (146)    113 14 15146   
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 8:06 pm
Wow at this one

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE?ref=ts&fref=ts

Dear Go North East, you will also be receiving an email copy of this

I am a Go Ahead Group shareholder. Not a large one, a few thousand pounds worth and I wanted to let you know I'll be making a formal complaint along with another 8 shareholders to Shareholder Relations and to Head Office- not Gateshead, your actual real Head Office (our total shareholding although small is not insignificant) over the maintenance and management of this page.

Customers are the business. Your response, attitude and handling of them is key to how we do as a business and how the company is perceived.

The handling and response to customers outside of hours is absolutely awful. A what not to do in service.

If someone were to board a bus and then be rude, short and offensive to fellow passengers, who then complained, your driver would act and remove the passenger. Yet when this occurs on Facebook you simply say 'It's an open forum'.

No it's not. You choose to make it open. You can close it after you stop monitoring it, you can choose who you allow to post and reply.

I have no problems with people replying with factual opinion and details. Fare details etc. I do have a problem with people like Ian Hingett rudely dismissing people and exerting his opinion as factual detail. It makes it look like he represents your company and even if he doesn't, it is what they would call trolling

This wall has a Tony Clifton, a Harold Bishop, a Karl Kennedy. There is a forum where people have set up fake personalities to troll your page and you allow it. People are taking the michael and you don't even bloody notice or worse, ignore it.

I have absolutely no confidence in your customer service management nor their abilities to handle this situation as aresult of this situation. The head is firmly in the sand.

Absolutely no other major company would allow this to happen, its frankly embarassing and insulting

I look forward to your withering dithering response and I look forward to the response of Sarah Boundy, the Go Ahead media and PR director and that of Tom Dodds, your PR man down at Queen Street.

Yours Faithfully.

David Atkinson
Dan   25 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm
Wasn't that account one of the so called trolls that had a name change?

EDIT: Yes - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=628&pid=13275#pid13275

EDIT 2: And the Facebook account URL - https://www.facebook.com/paulrobinsonneighbours
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:06 pm)gtomlinson wrote Wow at this one

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE?ref=ts&fref=ts

Woahh!

I'm half expecting Hignett to come on and state complaints aren't accepted over the wall or some other patronising crap!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote Woahh!

I'm half expecting Hignett to come on and state complaints aren't accepted over the wall or some other patronising crap!

He'll I imagine block that user. Surely Go Ahead can't continue to let this go on?

Not sure what to make of that one, calls out spoof posters but is a former spoof poster. I'd be surprised if GNE don't contact that poster via PM. It's a pretty serious complaint and it's not rude. Very matter of fact. Interesting its from a group of shareholders. I know the companies I have shares in have a direct point of contact for complaints so its unusual to go public
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 8:38 pm
Somebody has just pulled him up on the name thing.

Interesting times ahead in social media land!

Dan   25 Sep 2013, 8:45 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote Somebody has just pulled him up on the name thing.

Interesting times ahead in social media land!

I liked his excuse. I reckon someone should pull him on his former accounts that we have noted, including Lou Carpenter and Adam Liam Malarkey before his current alter-ego.
If I could be bothered to rake around for that password to the "Neb Dan" account, I'd do it myself.
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 8:51 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:45 pm)Daniel wrote I liked his excuse. I reckon someone should pull him on his former accounts that we have noted, including Lou Carpenter and Adam Liam Malarkey before his current alter-ego.
If I could be bothered to rake around for that password to the "Neb Dan" account, I'd do it myself.

I missed all of this Lou Carpenter and Adam Liam Malarkey stuff - certainly can't remember it anyway.

gtom   25 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:45 pm)Daniel wrote I liked his excuse. I reckon someone should pull him on his former accounts that we have noted, including Lou Carpenter and Adam Liam Malarkey before his current alter-ego.

I'd be tempted to wait on GNE response. Could take down Hignett at last
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm)gtomlinson wrote I'd be tempted to wait on GNE response. Could take down Hignett at last

Wonder what Clifford will do with himself?
The 'horrible creature' that he allegedly is.
Wonder what Mrs Hignett will feel like, knowing Hignett doesn't have a computer to sit at all night and weekend. Poor woman...

Leyland   25 Sep 2013, 8:58 pm

Too late, done Big GrinBig Grin
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 9:02 pm
Think we should have left it.

GNE will dismiss the complaint now. Hignett wins again.

I'd delete your comment Leyland. Helps Ian
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm
Hignett has even had the audacity to like Gordon Stewarts initial post!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Leyland   25 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 9:02 pm)gtomlinson wrote Think we should have left it.

GNE will dismiss the complaint now. Hignett wins again.

I'd delete your comment Leyland. Helps Ian

Spoilsport!! Do you really think they'll do anything about it anyway after so many "it's an open forum, we don't care who comments" type of responses whenever the subject is raised?

Anyway, they don't take complaints over Facebook.............!
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 9:15 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm)Leyland wrote Spoilsport!! Do you really think they'll do anything about it anyway after so many "it's an open forum, we don't care who comments" type of responses whenever the subject is raised?

Anyway, they don't take complaints over OiFacebook.............!

Well if an email has gone in. Perhaps.

I think everyone should work towards beating Ian as opposed to vs other personalities

He's probably sitting there pointing it all out to GNE in a message
Leyland   25 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 9:15 pm)gtomlinson wrote Well if an email has gone in. Perhaps.

I think everyone should work towards beating Ian as opposed to vs other personalities

He's probably sitting there pointing it all out to GNE in a message

I've followed your advice and deleted it. Fingers crossed that GNE finally do something about Hignett.
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 9:21 pm
Down with Hignett.

Ionise Ian
Hang Hignett
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   25 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm
Has the post been removed?
Andreos1   25 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm)gtomlinson wrote Has the post been removed?

Looks like it.
Just checked and I can't see it.

gtom   25 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm)Andreos1 wrote Looks like it.
Just checked and I can't see it.

Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

All the abuse and x rated language that can wait yet this is removed.

Has to be a senior management call imo
citaro5284   25 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm
(25 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm)gtomlinson wrote Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

Of course, the poster could have deleted it himself, I doubt it but possible.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   26 Sep 2013, 7:25 am
(25 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm)gtomlinson wrote Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

The 3 posts from the lass who had the little girl with the bust lip/nose have also gone...

Michael   26 Sep 2013, 8:32 am
lmao best post so far...

Paige Dumbarton
I think some of your bus drivers need some tampons, god its not my fault I don't have change of a tenner do I look like a till?

Bet Ian posts!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   26 Sep 2013, 9:25 am
Just going back to the posts which were removed, I wonder if Hignett had anything to do with them being removed?

After all, they all included personal attacks on him...

gtom   26 Sep 2013, 3:56 pm
(26 Sep 2013, 9:25 am)Andreos1 wrote Just going back to the posts which were removed, I wonder if Hignett had anything to do with them being removed?

After all, they all included personal attacks on him...

Never thought of that but I've seen much worse stuff stay on wall's etc that have been reported to Facebook ahead of that
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   26 Sep 2013, 5:12 pm
(26 Sep 2013, 3:56 pm)gtomlinson wrote Never thought of that but I've seen much worse stuff stay on wall's etc that have been reported to Facebook ahead of that

Maybe it was the nature of it (bearing in mind the concerted campaign against him), rather than the content?
Not sure, just something that crossed my mind

Chris   27 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm
Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!
Andreos1   27 Sep 2013, 12:47 pm
(27 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm)Chris wrote Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!

Not sure about the warning level (I an on 0% too).
Maybe one of the admins can clear that up.

The Ken, Clifford etc thing came about quite accidently - AdamY came up with the Clifford Hignett thing and a sarcastic reply, after I made a jokey query in another thread on this forum.
The response and language used by Clifford Hignett, was based on the responses made by Ian Hignett and Andy Clifford on the GNE forum.

Jokingly, I suggested someone make up a fake profile on facebook, to give Hignett and Clifford a taste of their own medicine.
Not believing for a second it would happen, all sorts of fake 'characters' emerged, trolling the GNE facebook page and those two in particular.

All in all, it was quite amusing!
Of course no-one admitted to which of the members were behind the 'characters', which could mean they were set up by lurkers from another site or forum...

Chris   27 Sep 2013, 1:16 pm
Ah, back in the room. Many thanks.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   27 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm
(27 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm)Chris wrote Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!

We don't really use it much, but it is a feature used to monitor inappropriate behaviour on our forums.
Rather than banning the user immediately, the user is given several chances. Depending on the severity of the 'inappropriate behaviour', we can issue a certain warning percentage.
Once this reaches 100%, I assume the system bans the user or the forum's admins/mods will be alerted to it.

You can read more on the warning system on the link below if you're interested:
http://www.mybb.com/features/warning
tyresmoke   27 Sep 2013, 10:02 pm
(27 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm)Daniel wrote We don't really use it much, but it is a feature used to monitor inappropriate behaviour on our forums.
Rather than banning the user immediately, the user is given several chances. Depending on the severity of the 'inappropriate behaviour', we can issue a certain warning percentage.
Once this reaches 100%, I assume the system bans the user or the forum's admins/mods will be alerted to it.

You can read more on the warning system on the link below if you're interested:
http://www.mybb.com/features/warning

On behalf of the admins and mods, of course we hope we never have to use this system! But it's there just in case.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Pages (146)    113 14 15146