You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
(29 Dec 2015, 3:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Wonder when (if ever) Arriva will sort these X12 line maps out for the interior branding, considering that the service no longer stops at Plawsworth.

I wrote to them the week it changed, and I got a response saying they'll pass it on to the depot. So either the message hasn't been passed on, or the depots haven't bothered themselves to do it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
4514 has failed while operating the X75/X76...luckily the bus was still within Darlington, it only managed to get about half mile from Feethams. 1426 was sent as the replacement. Well, at least it managed a week!
(29 Dec 2015, 4:52 pm)Adrian wrote I wrote to them the week it changed, and I got a response saying they'll pass it on to the depot. So either the message hasn't been passed on, or the depots haven't bothered themselves to do it.

I think that's on line 3 of their 1 page customer service handbook.
(29 Dec 2015, 4:52 pm)Adrian wrote I wrote to them the week it changed, and I got a response saying they'll pass it on to the depot. So either the message hasn't been passed on, or the depots haven't bothered themselves to do it.

I'll see if the person I know has anything to do with Durham County operations, things like this won't go unnoticed when brought up.
(29 Dec 2015, 8:14 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I'll see if the person I know has anything to do with Durham County operations, things like this won't go unnoticed when brought up.

Depends how much of a priority it is seen as. Destinations clearly aren't seen as a priority for example, given that the Sapphires are still running round not displaying the rear correctly.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Dec 2015, 8:16 pm)Adrian wrote Depends how much of a priority it is seen as. Destinations clearly aren't seen as a priority for example, given that the Sapphires are still running round not displaying the rear correctly.

If someone went "through the roof" that the X14/X15/X18 were reffered to as "Sapphire", Cresswell spelt as "Creswell" and for the second time that there was a mistake in the X20 map after a route switch in Ashington, I'm sure that these will be proirities.

CS just sit on the problem passing blame around in my opinion.
(29 Dec 2015, 8:20 pm)Jimmi wrote I also wish that they'd remove these from the ex demonstrator EcoCitys, especially as they are starting to peel off now.

No mention of Arriva there, so Ill make them aware of that. 4812/3/4?
(29 Dec 2015, 8:22 pm)GX03 SVC wrote No mention of Arriva there, so Ill make them aware of that. 4812/3/4?
Pretty sure 4812/4813 have these (4812 certainly does as it was the example I took this photo on). Unsure whether 4814 has these or not.

Also find it silly that, 4813 doesn't have WiFi when 4810-4812 and 4814 do (4811's doesn't work, but it certainly has it), also why has only 4812-4814 only gained next stop announcement equipment when four buses are required for the daytime 21/X21 with 4811 often being one of the four buses allocated to the 21/X21.
just got one of those sapphire leaflets through the post saying that Sapphire are coming to service 22 and 24 with a voucher for a free north east day ticket.

(30 Dec 2015, 1:26 pm)cbma06 wrote just got one of those sapphire leaflets through the post saying that Sapphire are coming to service 22 and 24 with a voucher for a free north east day ticket.

Yep-i have a voucher in my purse.

Had an explorer day, today, bu it'll get used.
(30 Dec 2015, 4:55 pm)tyresmoke wrote 1758 and 1799 have left Blyth for a loan period with Yorkshire Tiger

getaway......I wonder why  Big Grin
Are there any plans for anyone to preserve one of ANE's remaining B10BLE/Renown's, imagine they'd be perfect candidates for preservation.
Is anyone else irritated by the end of service announcements on Sapphire services, instead of pronouncing Sapphire as Safire it comes out as Saf i ya.
(31 Dec 2015, 12:02 pm)Jimmi wrote Anyone seen any of the MAX standard Volvo B7TLs today? Would like a photo of one.

Just drove through Ashington, wish I'd saw this beforehand and I would have checked the yard for you, unless you're up that way anyway?
(31 Dec 2015, 12:13 pm)Jimmi wrote In Newcastle at the moment.

Ah, I'd recommend maybe travelling to Ashington, then you've got a good chance of seeing one on the 35 (if there is one out), if not there's a chance they'll be in the depot Smile If you have the means of doing that anyway Wink
(30 Dec 2015, 9:57 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Is anyone else irritated by the end of service announcements on Sapphire services, instead of pronouncing Sapphire as Safire it comes out as Saf i ya.

Due to ANE being twinned with Yorkshire, could it not be rearranged for Stu Elmore to re-record all the Sapphire NSA's. He'd do a good job and is very professional sounding too.
(31 Dec 2015, 12:02 pm)Jimmi wrote Anyone seen any of the MAX standard Volvo B7TLs today? Would like a photo of one.
If anyone else wants one, there should be a 03 reg example on the 13:32 35/35A (can't remember which) from Morpeth Bus Station. Typical that I just missed it in Ashington and I am now waiting for it to return.
(29 Dec 2015, 5:38 pm)peter wrote 4514 has failed while operating the X75/X76...luckily the bus was still within Darlington, it only managed to get about half mile from Feethams. 1426 was sent as the replacement. Well, at least it managed a week!

(31 Dec 2015, 2:03 pm)R852 PRG wrote 4514 has reportedly been withdrawn from service at Darlington. Apparently it is DDA-compliant so there is a chance that it could live on. Information from Neil Wise on the Arriva UK Enthusiasts Facebook page.

I assume they just aren't going to bother repairing it, which is hardly surprising really given its' age!
(31 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm)peter wrote I assume they just aren't going to bother repairing it, which is hardly surprising really given its' age!

True, but it begs the question - what will be used now that 4514 is no longer in service as a replacement for the vehicles away for refurbishment?
(31 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm)Jimmi wrote Do all the Sapphire Enviro 400's at Ashington have these next stop announcement screens, or just 7501?
[Image: 84d6bc6d3152754bc95e352088254f68.jpg]

EDIT: WiFi doesn't work!
All 57-REG ones I believe

(31 Dec 2015, 2:03 pm)R852 PRG wrote 4514 has reportedly been withdrawn from service at Darlington. Apparently it is DDA-compliant so there is a chance that it could live on. Information from Neil Wise on the Arriva UK Enthusiasts Facebook page.

What a great day for mankind!
(31 Dec 2015, 3:13 pm)NK53 TKT wrote All 57-REG ones I believe

What a great day for mankind!

How exactly? Has a cure for cancer been made available, or has poverty been eradicated? Oh wait, no, a bus has been withdrawn from service................
Not sure if this is the most relevant thread like...

Teesside and East Cleveland services - what is the history between depot allocations? Does anyone know if the current split is based on historic precedents or if the Loftus closure led to a whole load of changes, such as Stockton getting more work over that way?

I have been racking my brains to try and remember, with no joy.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(31 Dec 2015, 3:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure if this is the most relevant thread like...

Teesside and East Cleveland services - what is the history between depot allocations? Does anyone know if the current split is based on historic precedents or if the Loftus closure led to a whole load of changes, such as Stockton getting more work over that way?

I have been racking my brains to try and remember, with no joy.

Until Viva Tees Valley in 2006, Stockton depot's only runs into East Cleveland had been on the old 20 between New Marske and the Airport (barring a short tenure of summer trips on the 93).
As part of Viva Tees Valley, the operation of the 28 passed to Stockton from Loftus (which had inter worked it with the short X56 and 65). Stockton also worked 1 morning and 1 afternoon departure on the short-lived Sunday-only extension of the X14 to Redcar.

When Loftus closed in 2009, Stockton gained the short workings on the X56 to Easington (basically what is the evening 5 route). Redcar gained the 65/65A/C
X3/X4 (the X3/X4 moved down slightly earlier) with the long X56s, the 93 and Whitby towns being moved to Whitby which at that point became a fully fledged depot with an allocation.

As part of the East Cleveland re-write in 2010(?), Stockton lost the Easington runs which moved to Redcar as the 5 (inter worked with the extended X4 and the shortened X3) but still reached North Skelton on the X5 and ran the short 5 to Guisborough. Later they gained 3 workings to Whitby when it went half hourly.