You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Stanley Travel
(10 Nov 2015, 12:30 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote RX56BWE is now with Panther Travel working out of their Stansted depot on the 30 route. It is now in Panther Travels blue on white livery and in recognition of its last home it has been named Stanley.

Any photos just out of interest?

B10 STX operated scholars service 1195 to Tanfield School in place of K2 STX this morning too.
Site Administrator
(10 Nov 2015, 4:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote Any photos just out of interest?

B10 STX operated scholars service 1195 to Tanfield School in place of K2 STX this morning too.

Type in the registration without a space on Flickr and sort it by most recent - there is one there.
Been noticing recently that on my schools scholars bus (the 18A from Walker to St Mary's) is always being allocated LK03 NJX, is this deliberate or just coincidental. Also the bus works on the scholars 151 for St Theresea's in Heaton
(19 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Been noticing recently that on my schools scholars bus (the 18A from Walker to St Mary's) is always being allocated LK03 NJX, is this deliberate or just coincidental. Also the bus works on the scholars 151 for St Theresea's in Heaton

It is deliberate - all Tyne and Wear scholars are the same. The chances are it will be the same driver every day too.
(19 Nov 2015, 9:31 pm)S813 FVK wrote It is deliberate - all Tyne and Wear scholars are the same. The chances are it will be the same driver every day too.

The only change was when S4 STX was on ONCE. Thank you Smile
(19 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Been noticing recently that on my schools scholars bus (the 18A from Walker to St Mary's) is always being allocated , is this deliberate or just coincidental. Also the bus works on the scholars 151 for St Theresea's in Heaton

Stanley Travel keep 3 deckers at Hannington Street, Byker during the school term. LK03NJX is one of the 3 vehicles there at the moment.

They share the premises with Community Transport - Newcastle who operate a number of minibuses.

Charles
Site Administrator
(04 Jan 2016, 4:03 pm)DanPicken wrote S2 STX isn't fully compliant as the number is on the wrong side.

The number doesn't need to be in a certain position to comply with PSVAR regulations - it's only "best practice" to have it on the nearside of the front display.
(04 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote All the Solos have the number on the left rather than the right that I'm aware of.

All of Stanley Travels vehicles have the number in he left as opposed to the best practice right.
(06 Jan 2016, 1:53 pm)Charles41 wrote Stanley Travel have bought part of the old Classic Coaches garage at Annfield Plain.

Charles

To store all of the Double Deckers in (minus the ones at Birtley and Byker) - all coaches and other will remain based at Eden Terrace.
(06 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote To store all of the Double Deckers in (minus the ones at Birtley and Byker) - all coaches and other will remain based at Eden Terrace.

I did not realise Stanley Travel had deckers at Birtley. Where is the yard in Birtley please?

Charles
(06 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm)Charles41 wrote I did not realise Stanley Travel had deckers at Birtley. Where is the yard in Birtley please?

Charles

As far as i am aware - it is at Kingsley's. I may be barking up the wrong tree completely but i do know that a while ago, they had a meeting with Kingsley's to store a few buses there.
(06 Jan 2016, 2:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote As far as i am aware - it is at Kingsley's. I may be barking up the wrong tree completely but i do know that a while ago, they had a meeting with Kingsley's to store a few buses there.

Thanks I'll take a look the next time i'm up that way.

Charles
(06 Jan 2016, 1:53 pm)Charles41 wrote Stanley Travel have bought part of the old Classic Coaches garage at Annfield Plain.

Charles

Stanley Travel have now been granted their licence variation to use the site at Annfield Plain as detailed below:-

PB1107575 SI STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL
Director(s): ROBERT ANDREW SCOTT, IAN MCGILL SCOTT.
69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL , STANLEY DH9 7LL
New operating centre: STANLEY TRAVEL LTD, MORRISON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE , ANFIELD PLAIN STANLEY DH9 7RU (0 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s))
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 25 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s)
New operating centre: ALBATROSS BUS & COACH HIRE, EASINGTON STREET , SUNDERLAND SR5 1BA ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 2 vehicle(s),
 New operating centre: NEWCASTLE AUTO CENTRE, HANNINGTON STREET, BYKER NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE6 1JU (0 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s))
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 3 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s)
(22 Jan 2016, 1:20 pm)Charles41 wrote Hi used to be ERB Services, they were taken over by Stanley Travel.

Charles

That's them!
Close with the name... Not quite there though.

I hadn't realised Stanley had purchased the company.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(22 Jan 2016, 11:07 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Stanley Travel have now been granted their licence variation to use the site at Annfield Plain as detailed below:-

PB1107575 SI STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL
Director(s): ROBERT ANDREW SCOTT, IAN MCGILL SCOTT.
69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL , STANLEY DH9 7LL
New operating centre: STANLEY TRAVEL LTD, MORRISON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE , ANFIELD PLAIN STANLEY DH9 7RU (0 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s))
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 25 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s)
New operating centre: ALBATROSS BUS & COACH HIRE, EASINGTON STREET , SUNDERLAND SR5 1BA ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 2 vehicle(s),
 New operating centre: NEWCASTLE AUTO CENTRE, HANNINGTON STREET, BYKER NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE6 1JU (0 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s))
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 3 vehicle(s), 0 trailer(s)

That is a delayed publication. The company have had all of their deckers based at the site (the old caravan storage section) for a few weeks now.
Have Stanley Travel owned ERB services long and what Vehicles did they get in the take over wonder if now they have a big yard its their time to expand like Weardale did a few years ago.