You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Your Travel Queries
(11 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote How long will it take from Newcastle to Hexham on Saturday - on the rail replacement service?

Just had a look on Traveline, seems to vary by how many stops the bus makes, it seems to take anywhere between 65 minutes and 90 minutes.
(11 Jan 2016, 8:31 pm)Jimmi wrote Just had a look on Traveline, seems to vary by how many stops the bus makes, it seems to take anywhere between 65 minutes and 90 minutes.

That was a quick response Jimmi, you must have been sat on the 'Who's Online' page...  Tongue 

Thanks Smile
(15 Jan 2016, 10:36 pm)Davie wrote Can you use North East Explorer tickets on Arriva buses between Ashington, Morpeth, Blyth ect..?

Yes they're valid anywhere between Berwick, Carlisle & Scarborough
(29 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm)Jimmi wrote Can anyone confirm, does the X88 stop at the Washington Retail Park stop (which is the stop before/after Washington Galleries Bus Station on most routes)?

No I don't think it does.
(29 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm)Jimmi wrote Can anyone confirm, does the X88 stop at the Washington Retail Park stop (which is the stop before/after Washington Galleries Bus Station on most routes)?

(29 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm)Davie wrote No I don't think it does.

Yes it does
Moving offices to Quorum and pondering options...

I can take the X12/21 from Birtley to Gateshead and change to a metro to 4LE then either walk or hop the shuttle

Alternatively bus to Newcastle then either alight at Blackett St and catch an X63 or ES and catch a Quorum Express

Choices choices!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(22 Feb 2016, 1:02 am)Ambassador wrote Moving offices to Quorum and pondering options...

I can take the X12/21 from Birtley to Gateshead and change to a metro to 4LE then either walk or hop the shuttle

Alternatively bus to Newcastle then either alight at Blackett St and catch an X63 or ES and catch a Quorum Express

Choices choices!
I'd say you're best off doing 21/X12 to Eldon, then X7/X8 from Haymarket?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(22 Feb 2016, 10:58 am)Adrian wrote I'd say you're best off doing 21/X12 to Eldon, then X7/X8 from Haymarket?

That's what I thought, some services only stop in Quorum in one direction.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(22 Feb 2016, 4:16 pm)DanPicken wrote That's what I thought, some services only stop in Quorum in one direction.

Yes that's what confused me, which services actually serve Quorum or which ones serve Benton Lane itself. It's not exactly a far walk but if you don't hit the button on the lights you're buggered as it sails onwards!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s