Menu

Pages (33)    131 32 33   
omnicity4659   28 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 11:10 am)dannygee wrote Arrivas Buses only have route numbers on the rear and it has Bus on topline and reversing is scrolling.

Only Blyth vehicles are programmed with the Bus Reversing screen when they reverse. I'm told it's due to a couple of incidents in Blyth bus station.
tyresmoke   28 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Only Blyth vehicles are programmed with the Bus Reversing screen when they reverse. I'm told it's due to a couple of incidents in Blyth bus station.

All buses have it programmed in. Just the majority aren't linked up.
omnicity4659   28 Feb 2016, 2:08 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote All buses have it programmed in. Just the majority aren't linked up.

I always wondered why only Blyth had them, and I knew that they have the Ashington/Blyth/Jesmond files programmed, so I thought that the reason I was given was a bit inaccurate!
Michael   28 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm
6091's stop announcements are really quiet,think the volume needs turning up.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   28 Feb 2016, 3:22 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm)Michael wrote 6091's stop announcements are really quiet,think the volume needs turning up.

Thanks - I'll have a look at this in the future when service 56's Next Stop Announcements are updated to the new style (or sooner, if I can catch it on a morning).
Darryl1976   28 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm
(26 Feb 2016, 9:55 pm)Davie wrote I wish they were for Washington, especially if it means 6042 can transfer out. If any more are to arrive, I reckon they be based at either Chester Le Street or Stanley.  

Yeah, I've heard they're getting quite a few more Streetdeck's meaning the Omnidekka's can be cascaded up here.

B&H are getting 24 dual-doored Streetdecks. Some of the Omnidekkas that will be indirectly replaced have been suggested for use at Metrobus.

Hope this helps.
Michael   28 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm)Darryl1976 wrote B&H are getting 24 dual-doored Streetdecks. Some of the Omnidekkas that will be indirectly replaced have been suggested for use at Metrobus.

Hope this helps.

I heard that the other day too, I do hope we get some more though in the NE.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   28 Feb 2016, 5:56 pm
Not sure if it has been noted or not.

When heading to the tip earlier, I noticed one of the recently repainted Gemini's from Washington sporting an advert on its o/s.

One to keep an eye on with regard to the rebrands?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   28 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm
Does the 327 have dedicated drivers?
biglugs@yahoo.com   28 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm)Davie wrote Does the 327 have dedicated drivers?

Its probaly just the drivers that are available

Best bus ever
Malarkey   28 Feb 2016, 6:13 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 5:56 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure if it has been noted or not.

When heading to the tip earlier, I noticed one of the recently repainted Gemini's from Washington sporting an advert on its o/s.

6001 to 6003 have all received advert boards, on the o/s, n/s and rear.
Adrian   28 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm

(28 Feb 2016, 6:13 pm)Malarkey wrote 6001 to 6003 have all received advert boards, on the o/s, n/s and rear.

It'd been brought up a few weeks ago, and it was said that this is to meet contractual obligations. It'd suggest that they've agreed to have the capacity to display up to X many exterior adverts across the fleet.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   28 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm
So when are the launches for the castles express going to be taking place? And where?
BusLoverMum   28 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 11:10 am)dannygee wrote Arrivas Buses only have route numbers on the rear and it has Bus on topline and reversing is scrolling.

Many of Arriva's buses have full width rear displays.
BusLoverMum   28 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm)Adrian wrote I'd say there's a very good reason for having it on the front. I can think of four bus stations off the top of my head, where buses have to reverse out of the stands. Hence you have a problem of people running towards the bus doors, as it's reversing. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that having a warning destination will rid the world of idiots, but it'll certainly reduce the number trying to board a reversing bus.

They're almost more the rule than the exception

Haymarket
Eldon Square
Durham (and boy is that one a tight squeeze!)
Peterlee
Some of the stands at Sunderland
Morpeth
Stanley
Consett
BusLoverMum   28 Feb 2016, 7:30 pm

I think it was mentioned that there's an obligation to advertise on a certain proportion of vehicles. The new red arrow yellow arrow (spiffing new tonguetwister) is clearly designed to be visible and work around the advertising holders.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   28 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote They're almost more the rule than the exception

Haymarket
Eldon Square
Durham (and boy is that one a tight squeeze!)
Peterlee
Some of the stands at Sunderland
Morpeth
Stanley
Consett

Alnwick, Blyth (sometimes you need to reverse), Ashington (again, sometimes you need to reverse), Longframlington, Craster, Thropton, Hexham, Carlisle the list goes on  Wink
Michael   28 Feb 2016, 8:04 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm)Jackamcardle wrote So when are the launches for the castles express going to be taking place? And where?

No idea, GNE haven't said anything yet.

Dan said last week that 6307 hasn't arrived yet, not sure if it has now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
L469 YVK   28 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm
Adrian Wrote:
I'd say there's a very good reason for having it on the front. I can think of four bus stations off the top of my head, where buses have to reverse out of the stands. Hence you have a problem of people running towards the bus doors, as it's reversing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that having a warning destination will rid the world of idiots, but it'll certainly reduce the number trying to board a reversing bus.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, and the people who try boarding reversing buses are the same muppets who go kicking and screaming with GNE / Arriva on Facebook when their bus runs late.

GET TO THE STOP 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS IS DUE TO LEAVE WITH THE CORRECT MONEY (or near enough) OR PASS READY!
*Not you guys BTW, I'm saying this as a general rule of thumb which some passengers just simply can't compehend with.

And this alone would stop a good proportion of services incurring delays pending upon road and traffic conditions.
Rapidsnap   28 Feb 2016, 10:39 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm)Davie wrote Does the 327 have dedicated drivers?

I believe there's a pool of regular drivers with extra drafted in when needed.

In reference to bus stations that requiring revesing, here's a list of current bus stations in the North East that have reverse off stands

Alnwick
Morpeth
Peterlee
Durham
Stanley
Consett
Eldon Square
Haymarket
Sunderland Interchange
Wooler

Bus Stations that are now closed / demolished included
Seaham Harbour
Morpeth (Original)
Stanley (Original)

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   28 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm
(28 Feb 2016, 10:39 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I believe there's a pool of regular drivers with extra drafted in when needed.
Cheers.
dannygee   28 Feb 2016, 11:13 pm
Why would drivers need to reverse at Blyth bus station. Its bascially normal bus stops.
Rapidsnap   29 Feb 2016, 12:21 am
(28 Feb 2016, 11:13 pm)dannygee wrote Why would drivers need to reverse at Blyth bus station. Its bascially normal bus stops.

I believe it's normally due to the layout. On some stands if there's parked buses in the way, they usually have to draw forward of a stand and reverse back in.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Ambassador   29 Feb 2016, 1:02 am
Would you include Gateshead? (Purely based on the layover bays by Stand N)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   29 Feb 2016, 8:50 am
(28 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm)Jackamcardle wrote So when are the launches for the castles express going to be taking place? And where?

Information regarding the launches available on the link below:
http://go-north-east.mynewsdesk.com/news...bscription&utm_source=realtime&utm_medium=email

(28 Feb 2016, 8:04 pm)Michael wrote No idea, GNE haven't said anything yet.

Dan said last week that 6307 hasn't arrived yet, not sure if it has now.

6307 is still in Ireland.
omnicity4659   29 Feb 2016, 8:55 am
(29 Feb 2016, 8:50 am)Dan wrote Information regarding the launches available on the link below:
http://go-north-east.mynewsdesk.com/news...bscription&utm_source=realtime&utm_medium=email

I might go to the one tomorrow. Gives me something to do lol.

Will there be a bus present?
thetravelman   29 Feb 2016, 9:12 am
Once Hexham get there 5 New Optare Solos, how many MPDs are expected to remain at Hexham? 

Also are the 2 Solos due to arrive at Hexham for the seasonal AD122 service in addition to the Brand New Solos that are expected to arrive soon.
Jimmi   29 Feb 2016, 11:23 am
(29 Feb 2016, 8:55 am)GX03 SVC wrote I might go to the one tomorrow. Gives me something to do lol.

Will there be a bus present?
Well it says "Pop along, join in the fun and see one of the new Castles Express buses in person" So I'd hope there would be one there! [emoji14]

Guess I'm heading to Durham tomorrow then!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 Feb 2016, 12:22 pm
(29 Feb 2016, 9:12 am)thetravelman wrote Once Hexham get there 5 New Optare Solos, how many MPDs are expected to remain at Hexham? 

Also are the 2 Solos due to arrive at Hexham for the seasonal AD122 service in addition to the Brand New Solos that are expected to arrive soon.

The other 2 Solo Sr's will come from Deptford (635 and 636), they will be repainted in to Yellow and Blue, and will receive stop announcements, which 636 has already gained, they should arrive at Hexham before the AD122 is due to start, maybe even earlier. 

On the MPD's staying at Hexham after the other 5 Solo Sr's arrive... not sure.... 3 MPD's have been done along with 5210.... i can never remember what the PVR of the Tynedale Links is.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   29 Feb 2016, 1:24 pm
(29 Feb 2016, 8:50 am)Dan wrote Information regarding the launches available on the link below:

Might pop along to the market place, if I get back to Durham early enough, tomorrow.

Otherwise it'll be Bishop on Saturday with Big'un (possibly on an arriva day ticket :Big Grin
Pages (33)    131 32 33