You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
(06 Mar 2016, 1:16 pm)Dan wrote Yes - the VOSA registrations confirmed this: Sunday 17th April. Route training started on all routes today, so SouthTyneLad was quite quick off the mark!

It's just a case of shuffling the pack a bit, utilising resources more effectively.

I just happened to be staring out of my window this morning and then 638 turned up with a few drivers in it Tongue
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(06 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I just happened to be staring out of my window this morning and then 638 turned up with a few drivers in it Tongue

Never heard 638 go past.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
6024, 6034, 6036, 6037, 6040, 6041 all went to Chester depot this morning. 6036 was covering for 572 (checks)

6035 is still at Crook VOR

6301-7 are now all at Crook along with 571 , 6035 and 6038

So 6035 when repaired will go on the 18s till 572 comes back at some point Monday
(06 Mar 2016, 4:40 pm)pdiddy wrote 6024, 6034, 6036, 6037, 6040, 6041 all went to Chester depot this morning.  6036 was covering for 572 (checks)

So 6035 when repaired will go on the 18s till 572 comes back at some point Monday

Thanks pdiddy.

I bet you're glad that most of the B7's have gone!

--------------

Wonder who will be the first person to get a picture of 635, now its branded for the AD122 Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Mar 2016, 4:52 pm)Michael wrote Thanks pdiddy.

I bet you're glad that most of the B7's have gone!

--------------

Wonder who will be the first person to get a picture of 635, now its branded for the AD122 Tongue

Me.....in fact already got one  Tongue
(06 Mar 2016, 5:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote Me.....in fact already got one 
Are you going to show us?
(06 Mar 2016, 4:40 pm)pdiddy wrote 6024, 6034, 6036, 6037, 6040, 6041 all went to Chester depot this morning. 6036 was covering for 572 (checks)

I was on 6035 on Saturday.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(06 Mar 2016, 7:25 am)Dan wrote Enthusiasts will know of one - the GKN flywheel modifications. Volvo B7TL 6020 was originally the float vehicle for this purpose, but was absorbed into the main service fleet at Chester-le-Street in November as a replacement for Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3868 (W178 SCU), which was withdrawn due to engine issues.

6024, 6037 and 6041 are the examples which have been withdrawn. 6035 is due to transfer to Stanley as a temporary replacement for 3873. 6034 and 6040 will become the temporary float vehicles for group projects - based at Deptford and Washington respectively. I'd anticipate that the depots will make every effort to allocate these vehicles to scholars only, given that they won't be painted and will retain their blue livery.

6021 has been dismantled for spare parts at Saltmeadows Road. 6024 and 6037 may well be sold to Ensignbus, depending on the condition of these vehicles. 6041 is going to be donated to a third party, but there's a nice story that comes with this that Go North East may wish to do a story on, so I'll not give the game away just yet.
Would GNE not be better waiting to see if any routes within GNE require an upgrade from older stock or even from single to double deckers in a few years time and convert either the Fab 56, Cobalt Clipper or even both to Streetdecks with the B9s being cascaded elsewhere? The fuel savings would be massive and by then, Wrightbus might even make a stop / start (but still just a standard Microhybrid) version of the Streetdeck which would deliver even bigger fuel savings.

P.s later point not heard from anywhere but just a mere example.
(06 Mar 2016, 9:00 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Would GNE not be better waiting to see if any routes within GNE require an upgrade from older stock or even from single to double deckers in a few years time and convert either the Fab 56, Cobalt Clipper or even both to Streetdecks with the B9s being cascaded elsewhere? The fuel savings would be massive and by then, Wrightbus might even make a stop / start (but still just a standard Microhybrid) version of the Streetdeck which would deliver even bigger fuel savings.

P.s later point not heard from anywhere but just a mere example.

With developments such as microhybrids offering 'economies', it is appropriate that fleet engineers want to see whether these work before committing themselves to acquiring fleets of new vehicles.

I would imagine that the companies proposing these modifications will be keen to get results from real fleet usage and will 'encourage' conversions - perhaps at subsidised cost.
(06 Mar 2016, 9:17 pm)G-CPTN wrote With developments such as microhybrids offering 'economies', it is appropriate that fleet engineers want to see whether these work before committing themselves to acquiring fleets of new vehicles.

I would imagine that the companies proposing these modifications will be keen to get results from real fleet usage and will 'encourage' conversions - perhaps at subsidised cost.

Though could a Microhybrid Streetdeck work? It has the same engine ( Albeit slightly uprated ) than in Streetlites and the Gearbox will be forced to change early ( Like on MH Streetlites )
It would put more strain on a already underpowered engine I would think.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(06 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Are 635/36 still based at deptford as according to the fleet there based at deptford

The AD122 doesnt start until 25th March, can't see them transferring to Hexham 2 weeks in advance.
(06 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Are 635/36 still based at deptford as according to the fleet there based at deptford

Officially, yes, but there's been a bit of discussion around this already. Check the 'News' page out too.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Unsure where 636 is, but 635 is getting painted for AD122 at the minute at Saltmeadows.
(06 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Though could a Microhybrid Streetdeck work? It has the same engine ( Albeit slightly uprated ) than in Streetlites and the Gearbox will be forced to change early ( Like on MH Streetlites )
It would put more strain on a already underpowered engine I would think.

The Streetdeck already is a Micro Hybrid. I can see why GNE purchased B9s for the Fab 56 and although they can achieve 7mpg with a bit of effort, they're 'overpowered' in a way for the Cobalt Clipper (although very nice indeed). Surely it would be more beneficial to hold onto the Cobalt B9s for a few more years until another route warrants a decker upgrade (perhaps some of the Stanley / Consett express routes or the Red Kites if they show good growth) then go ahead and buy Streetdecks.
sorry for asking this i know been asked already but ive forgotten lol when dose service 50 move to washington
JMoss
(07 Mar 2016, 7:23 am)jaimzm wrote sorry for asking this i know been asked already but ive forgotten lol when dose service 50 move to washington

17th April.
(06 Mar 2016, 1:35 pm)Davie wrote I think they'll get 5243-5246 from the 19 with 5247 & 5248 acting as spares. In return, 4978-4982 will go to Percy Main for service 19.

Doubt they will bother giving the 50 2 spare omnicities. They will probably just use the Solars.
(07 Mar 2016, 7:28 am)S813 FVK wrote Doubt they will bother giving the 50 2 spare omnicities. They will probably just use the Solars.
I hope not... the last set of Scania's on the 50/50A were terrible, they couldn't cope. 
The route is better of with the omnicties than solars on the long run
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Will only effect GNE services i think:

NE Traffic News

A1231 Sunderland Hwy, Full closure Westbound near whilst TWFRS cut out a trapped person out from a car near the Nissan interchange
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
X21 goes up in the world thanks to £2m investment in new buses.

Also:

Further investment...

Other services will also benefit from the £10.5m investment in the coming months, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled and regularly check our Social Media pages for the latest information.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/x21-goes-up...-new-buses

Nice to see more money getting spent this time.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm)Michael wrote X21 goes up in the world thanks to £2m investment in new buses.

Go North East are also holding a photography competition to complement the investment into new vehicles for service X21.

For a chance to win a year's free travel and your photograph to feature in a Castles Express bus, check out the competition on the link below:
http://www.simplygo.com/castlescomp
(06 Mar 2016, 10:42 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote The Streetdeck already is a Micro Hybrid. I can see why GNE purchased B9s for the Fab 56 and although they can achieve 7mpg with a bit of effort, they're 'overpowered' in a way for the Cobalt Clipper (although very nice indeed). Surely it would be more beneficial to hold onto the Cobalt B9s for a few more years until another route warrants a decker upgrade (perhaps some of the Stanley / Consett express routes or the Red Kites if they show good growth) then go ahead and buy Streetdecks.

Its not already a Micro-Hybrid, Wright only offer the Micro-Hybrid option in Streetlites at the Moment.
Site Administrator
(07 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Its not already a Micro-Hybrid, Wright only offer the Micro-Hybrid option in Streetlites at the Moment.

There is an option to enable and disable the Micro-Hybrid technology on a Wright StreetDeck.

The demonstrator StreetDeck received this modification half way through its trial on service X21.
(07 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm)Dan wrote Go North East are also holding a photography competition to complement the investment into new vehicles for service X21.

For a chance to win a year's free travel and your photograph to feature in a Castles Express bus, check out the competition on the link below:

I'm guessing that the free year of travel will be not much use to anyone living in Arrivaland Smile
(07 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm)Dan wrote Go North East are also holding a photography competition to complement the investment into new vehicles for service X21.

Sounds like a good challenge, I'm planning to go on the X21 after school on Friday because I'm in Edinburgh on Saturday.
Might have a go at Durham Cathedral if that counts.
(07 Mar 2016, 4:29 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Sounds like a good challenge, I'm planning to go on the X21 after school on Friday because I'm in Edinburgh on Saturday.
Might have a go at Durham Cathedral if that counts.

The castle's just next door!

It's a hard one to get a good shot of, though. Its most impressively photogenic side overlooks the river.