You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
(08 Mar 2016, 11:35 pm)BusLoverMum wrote When it comes to reliability, I think replacing the presidents has, in the past year, gone from ideal to urgent, so hopefully, there will be some real improvements, there.

I think taking on the Cannon stop has been unfortunately timed. We could have walked from Kells Lane to Beaocnsfield Road in half the time it took us on Saturday.
Have to say I saw a few late running X21's yesterday, don't know if Low Fell was the cause of this or something else. Meanwhile the Arriva 6 was running in twos.
(08 Mar 2016, 11:38 pm)Jimmi wrote Have to say I saw a few late running X21's yesterday, don't know if Low Fell was the cause of this or something else. Meanwhile the Arriva 6 was running in twos.

I'll get to find out about the X21 on Friday as I need to be in Newcastle and the X21 is my most likely link at Durham.
(08 Mar 2016, 11:35 pm)BusLoverMum wrote When it comes to reliability, I think replacing the presidents has, in the past year, gone from ideal to urgent, so hopefully, there will be some real improvements, there.

I think taking on the Cannon stop has been unfortunately timed. We could have walked from Kells Lane to Beaocnsfield Road in half the time it took us on Saturday.

The B7s were gonners. Just goes to prove how
much the X21 has grown in the 4 years the service has existed. I strongly wonder whether or not they would end up doing a more full service on evenings and Sundays eventually with it perhaps running every 30 minutes to Chester Le Street continuing hourly to Bishop. Will work that one out tomorrow.
Go North East

Sunderland Road, Durham is still closed. Services 20, 20A, 204, 208, 265 diverted via Dragon Lane, Front Street and Sherburn Rd.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Mar 2016, 7:37 am)Michael wrote Go North East

Sunderland Road, Durham is still closed. Services 20, 20A, 204, 208, 265 diverted via Dragon Lane, Front Street and Sherburn Rd.

Speaking of road closures, I can't find anything about the diversion on the GNE website for the 82/82A on Windermere. Despite them being planned for a while.
Either well hidden or there isn't any mention of it.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(09 Mar 2016, 9:29 am)BusLoverMum wrote This one is expected t persist into the afternoon - sewer collapse
http://www.durham.gov.uk/article/1946/Un...d-closures
Arriva are claiming it's going to go on into next week now.
[Image: cb2270752e69c8c7c88f89b33ac0daa6.jpg]
(09 Mar 2016, 11:39 am)Jimmi wrote Arriva are claiming it's going to go on into next week now.
[Image: cb2270752e69c8c7c88f89b33ac0daa6.jpg]

Oh joy!

The DCC page has been updated, too "Sunderland Road, Gilesgate (outside Sainsbury's) has been closed due to a collapsed sewer, diversions via the A181 Sherburn Rd are in place. This road is expected to remain closed until at least Saturday 12 March."

Should make changing from the 22 to the 20 easier, mind. In fact, getting to Sunderland that way will take no longer than going via Peterlee, for us, as the difficulty of crossing 2 busy roads has been removed from the equation, plus it's possible to change further out from the centre of Durham.
(09 Mar 2016, 2:11 pm)Davie wrote 5270's failed in Wrekenton.
#missingblueomnicities

Personally I'm quite tired of this silly hashtag business. It's nothing but childish.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(09 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm)DanPicken wrote Doesn't surprise me.
5271 failed not too long ago too. Maybe now the 1 will receive investment.
(09 Mar 2016, 4:28 pm)Jimmi wrote When they've just received WiFi, doubt it!
Can't blame a guy for trying!
(09 Mar 2016, 4:29 pm)Davie wrote Can't blame a guy for trying!

They say God loves a trier, so you will end up going to heaven..haha
(09 Mar 2016, 4:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote They say God loves a trier, so you will end up going to heaven..haha
Haha
Don't think the 1 will receive any investment until at least next year for starters and would either be cascades or Streetlites.
(09 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Don't think the 1 will receive any investment until at least next year for starters and would either be cascades or Streetlites.
Despite constant rumours I've heard that Streetdeck's will be purchased; I can't see it happening.
(09 Mar 2016, 10:34 pm)dannygee wrote Dan do you know which depots are running the 900 this weekend?

I know Chester are doing them, unsure of who else though.
Ian Bradleys Daf Tow wagon was at Crook yesterday hitched up to one of the Pronto Deckers in the yard wonder where it was going.
(10 Mar 2016, 7:19 am)lBUSFAN wrote Ian Bradleys Daf Tow wagon was at Crook yesterday hitched up to one of the Pronto Deckers in the yard wonder where it was going.

Could have been 6035 - noticed that it is now listed for scrap on the official GNE allocation document.
Site Administrator
(10 Mar 2016, 7:38 am)S813 FVK wrote Could have been 6035 - noticed that it is now listed for scrap on the official GNE allocation document.

Yes, 6035 withdrawn and 6024 has taken its place at Stanley.
Site Administrator
Castles in the air with GNE
http://www.route-one.net/industry/castle...-with-gne/

The article also confirms that the next deliveries will be five buses for Go North East's "Tynedale Links" service in Hexham, followed by new vehicles for the "North Tyne Links" services. The article confirms that the new vehicles for "North Tyne Links" will carry the same livery and branding as the "indiGo" Optare Solos at Peterlee. Then, "Prince Bishops" will receive brand new Wright Streetlites, and this will be followed by some new coaches for National Express.

A small except in the article discusses the Next Stop Announcements, and how Emma Hignett will be voicing other routes later this year. This will currently include all new deliveries (excluding Tynedale Links, which won't feature Next Stop Announcements); AD122; Venture; TEN, Red Kite, and the Fab Fifty Six.
(10 Mar 2016, 8:02 am)Dan wrote Castles in the air with GNE
http://www.route-one.net/industry/castle...-with-gne/

The article also confirms that the next deliveries will be five buses for Go North East's "Tynedale Links" service in Hexham, followed by new vehicles for the "North Tyne Links" services. The article confirms that the new vehicles for "North Tyne Links" will carry the same livery and branding as the "indiGo" Optare Solos at Peterlee. Then, "Prince Bishops" will receive brand new Wright Streetlites, and this will be followed by some new coaches for National Express.

A small except in the article discusses the Next Stop Announcements, and how Emma Hignett will be voicing other routes later this year. This will currently include all new deliveries (excluding Tynedale Links, which won't feature Next Stop Announcements); AD122; Venture; TEN, Red Kite, and the Fab Fifty Six.

That was unexpected, really thought they would of stuck to "North Tyne Links".
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(10 Mar 2016, 8:08 am)Michael wrote That was unexpected, really thought they would of stuck to "North Tyne Links".

Photographs were posted on Facebook of some of the new Optare Solos yesterday:

.jpg indigo.jpg

.jpg tynedale.jpg
(10 Mar 2016, 8:19 am)Dan wrote Photographs were posted on Facebook of some of the new Optare Solos yesterday:

Thanks for sharing.

I think the yellow and blue really suits the solo's, by the look of those photos, it looks like those buses are nearly complete and ready to be delivered although that might not be the case..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.