You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
Whats happening to 9105/9106, will they stop at Hexham on long term loan or will they go back to Optare at end of the week?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm)Davie wrote Does this mean 563 will be withdrawn?

I think it will be repainted into GNE Corporate Livery.
(23 Mar 2016, 9:17 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote It would be nice to cover the s1 on Sunday to save petrol

They sometimes do use a Solo SR on a Sunday. I'm sure they have a couple spare already, as the 516 and 68 don't run for a start.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(23 Mar 2016, 9:30 pm)LeeCalder wrote Go North East: 668 / NK16 BXJ by Lee  Calder, on Flickr

I caught up with 668 / NK16 BXJ today in Hexham.

It was the only photo I got, as I'm heading into the wilderness for photos on Saturday.

I really like the new brand design. Simple, but smart and effective.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(23 Mar 2016, 8:29 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Wil GNE buy 9104 then?

No. This is only a short term extended loan. 563 will be withdrawn and replaced by another MPD next week, pending the entry into service of indiGo Optare Solos.
Does anyone at GNE keep the branded services pages upto date?
Tabs haven't been updated with new brand
Some of the pictures showing the branded buses are blurred with some showing the buses prior to upgrade (B10 for South Tyne, L94 for the 50)
Also some of the pages lack or incorrect red kite euro marking. Is that still even actively advertised now? I notice GNE didn't advertise the Streetdecks being the 1st euro 6 bus in the fleet.
Site Administrator
(23 Mar 2016, 11:56 pm)JP6004 wrote Does anyone at GNE keep the branded services pages upto date?
Tabs haven't been updated with new brand
Some of the pictures showing the branded buses are blurred with some showing the buses prior to upgrade (B10 for South Tyne, L94 for the 50)
Also some of the pages lack or incorrect red kite euro marking. Is that still even actively advertised now? I notice GNE didn't advertise the Streetdecks being the 1st euro 6 bus in the fleet.

The marketing of vehicle Euro ratings is a thing of the past - no recent brand designs include this.

The bus images aren't likely to be on the new website, which is to be rolled out soon, perhaps explaining why they have not been updated with new vehicle type drawings in recent months.
(24 Mar 2016, 12:00 am)Dan wrote The marketing of vehicle Euro ratings is a thing of the past - no recent brand designs include this.

The bus images aren't likely to be on the new website, which is to be rolled out soon, perhaps explaining why they have not been updated with new vehicle type drawings in recent months.

The omnis have been on the 50 for 2 years so would of thought it would of been updated by now. Same as South Tyne  Tongue

If euro rating has been dropped they should remove it from all the branded pages. Sorry just prefer things to be uniform. Even my pots n pans have to be facing same way  Big Grin
(23 Mar 2016, 11:56 pm)Dan wrote No. This is only a short term extended loan. 563 will be withdrawn and replaced by another MPD next week, pending the entry into service of indiGo Optare Solos.
I love 563, so I'll be gutted it's going.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(23 Mar 2016, 11:56 pm)Dan wrote No. This is only a short term extended loan. 563 will be withdrawn and replaced by another MPD next week, pending the entry into service of indiGo Optare Solos.

Will GNE have a special ASDA livery or not?
(24 Mar 2016, 8:16 am)NK53 TKT wrote Will GNE have a special ASDA livery or not?

I wonder if it will be Chosen by you?
They will have to get a SmartPrice from the designers mind!
Wonder if George does it for them?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Shame, two of my favourite buses are going and getting replaced by SoSlow's.

667 is on today's 74 if anyone wants a photo.
(24 Mar 2016, 8:42 am)Davie wrote Shame, two of my favourite buses are going and getting replaced by SoSlow's.

Might have a ride up to Hexham on it if I get ready on time - will it deffo be the 11:35 one as I think some interwork with the 686/687?
(24 Mar 2016, 6:11 am)DanPicken wrote I love 563, so I'll be gutted it's going.

I haven't been on 563 since its days at Percy main I liked it but admit it looks scruffy the new mpd might be from percy main
Best bus ever
The seats on the Tynedale Links Solos are very uncomfortable like - but the buses themselves are very nice and I like the livery especially
Site Administrator
(24 Mar 2016, 12:17 pm)Tom wrote The seats on the Tynedale Links Solos are very uncomfortable like - but the buses themselves are very nice and I like the livery especially

I was surprised by how comfortable they were. In fact, I think I prefer them to the standard Civic V3 seating. They're quite similar to the Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7s.

On another note, 619 and 5210 have now received "Tynedale Links" branding.
(24 Mar 2016, 12:17 pm)Tom wrote The seats on the Tynedale Links Solos are very uncomfortable like - but the buses themselves are very nice and I like the livery especially

Were you on the 11:35 off eldon square? I was taking photos of that solo ( 667 )
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(24 Mar 2016, 8:42 am)Davie wrote Shame, two of my favourite buses are going and getting replaced by SoSlow's.

Really? What's wrong with them? Huh
(24 Mar 2016, 12:39 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Were you on the 11:35 off eldon square? I was taking photos of that solo ( 667 )

Aye, I had wondered who it was taking photos
(24 Mar 2016, 12:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Really? What's wrong with them? Huh
Wouldn't care but most of the ones I've been on have reached the limit of 56mph. I don't have a problem with most Solo/Solo SR's, not a fan of the Arriva 08/58 reg examples though, the noise some of them make is terrible, regretted opting for 2815 up to Shiremoor yesterday morning.

I agree, the seats are very hard. Apart from that I enjoyed my debut trip on the 74.
New Tynedale Links Solo 668 was on the 11.49 688 from Hexham to Allenheads today; all very nice apart from two of the windows which kept falling open and making the bus a fridge.
Seeing that the Euro bird symbols have been discontinued, was there ever one for Euro 6? If the Euro 5 was the bird taking off, would the Euro 6 have been the bird laying an egg? Or even what they sometimes do on your head?