You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today?
Oh it amuses me about some of the younguns in this hobby (especially those under the age of 18) think they own a company or work as a driver for a bus company. I'm sorry, but once the real life hits you, you are in for a real shock. Not everyday is sunshine, buses and fantasy ideas.

Honestly though Facebook has a lot to answer for. The sooner they realise what it's like in the real world the better.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Saw on Facebook that Aston Villa had the word 'prepared' removed from their badge for £2 million! I didn't think they could get any more worse haha
At the risk of dragging up an old and irrelevant comment from a while back, the latest Gaviscon advert has amused me.

Still waiting to hear if 'Tim and Tom' who often fall foul of heartburn, are the same Tim and Tom who provide quotes from a certain bus operator to newspapers.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
The Yellow Box at the bottom of West Street in Gateshead. The amount of stupidness from car and wagon drivers around there today.

Got a funny responses from the driver who suffered at the hands of the idiot drivers. Including a driver slow clapping a car driver that didn't move on a green light.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
(18 Apr 2016, 8:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Muppet!

More remarkable that there's a shop in Easington Colliery that hasn't closed down. Sadly depressing place.

Some people need a get-away driver; this tool should have a pair of get-away trainers.
The race between a recently transferred blue Omni on a 50 and an X21 Streetdeck this evening on the A1.

It wasn't as dramatic as the Merc and Purple Solar which I commented on the othee week (Murray who?) and the fact the motorway had the third lane did help.

It was amusing to see.
(25 Apr 2016, 10:49 pm)Andreos1 wrote The race between a recently transferred blue Omni on a 50 and an X21 Streetdeck this evening on the A1.

It wasn't as dramatic as the Merc and Purple Solar which I commented on the othee week (Murray who?) and the fact the motorway had the third lane did help.

It was amusing to see.

Aren't they both speed restricted?
Marxista Fozzski
(18 Apr 2016, 5:44 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Found this local news story funny today.

Burglar Andrew Connor caught by paint footprint trail

Some people are just born stupid!!
I think I know him or someone in his family...

While Burglary aint funny, a hilarious story I know of, a kid i knew 20 years ago got caught doing a pub over, he was caught on CCTV putting a window through with his prosthetic leg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(26 Apr 2016, 8:21 am)BusLoverMum wrote Aren't they both speed restricted?

No idea.
The decker was determined to get in to the middle lane and do some overtaking though.
(26 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Streetdecks are 50Mph
Omnicitys are between 56 and 60 Mph
More likely 56 Mph Though

Even if the limits were the same, I couldn't imagine a Streetdeck being able to take on an Omnicity. The Omnicities in decent condition, as well as having weight on their side are pretty spritely. I  was on an Arriva one, last year, when it was still allocated to the 21A, which whizzed up the A66, uphill, overtaking several cars! (And I'd love to try one going up Silent Bank, but no chance of that in the forseeable.)
(26 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Even if the limits were the same, I couldn't imagine a Streetdeck being able to take on an Omnicity. The Omnicities in decent condition, as well as having weight on their side are pretty spritely. I  was on an Arriva one, last year, when it was still allocated to the 21A, which whizzed up the A66, uphill, overtaking several cars! (And I'd love to try one going up Silent Bank, but no chance of that in the forseeable.)

Prob wasn't very Silent, but I've had Scania N113s up that bank without issue before.
(26 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Prob wasn't very Silent, but I've had Scania N113s up that bank without issue before.

It's a tough bank. We used to see an almost daily broken down double decker (no idea what - I wasn't paying attention 7-8 years ago) parked up by Crossways! Still see a fair few vehicles (of any sort) pull in half way up and phone for help.
A couple of guys trying to get a tumble dryer into the boot of a 3 door astra.

Almost as funny as the tourists from Atlanta buying posh cheese in Durham, yesterday. One had to take a photo of the one making the purchase, of course.
(26 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Streetdecks are 50Mph
Omnicitys are between 56 and 60 Mph
More likely 56 Mph Though

I take back my previous comment. 5259 has just been completely pwned by a late running streetdeck on the A167.

Though 5259 feels a little dead anyhow.
(30 Apr 2016, 3:05 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I take back my previous comment. 5259 has just been completely pwned by a late running streetdeck on the A167.

Though 5259 feels a little dead anyhow.

Hope you weren't doubting what I saw mind Wink

No idea which Omni or Streetdeck it was like.
(30 Apr 2016, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote Hope you weren't doubting what I saw mind Wink

No idea which Omni or Streetdeck it was like.

Normally, the streetdeck wouldn't stand a chance.

This omnicity limped through Durham making an awful noise, mind. Never mind a streetdeck, it was overtaken by pretty much every car on a 30mph road. Meantime, we were deafened in the back.
(30 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Normally, the streetdeck wouldn't stand a chance.

This omnicity limped through Durham making an awful noise, mind. Never mind a streetdeck, it was overtaken by pretty much every car on a 30mph road. Meantime, we were deafened in the back.

There must be two Omni's that aren't as hot as a Streetdecker.
Yours was one of the branded ones that had moved from Chester.
The one I saw was an unbranded one.

Zoomed in as much as I could on the dash-cam, with little success.
(30 Apr 2016, 8:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote There must be two Omni's that aren't as hot as a Streetdecker.
Yours was one of the branded ones that had moved from Chester.
The one I saw was an unbranded one.

Zoomed in as much as I could on the dash-cam, with little success.

The branded one I had today matched all of BLMs description on it, It was 5257.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(30 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote The branded one I had today matched all of BLMs description on it, It was 5257.

Must be an awful batch. The Toonlink ones are every bit as good as the Arriva ones (when they work).
(30 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Must be an awful batch. The Toonlink ones are every bit as good as the Arriva ones (when they work).

Most of them are actually ok, You just must be unlucky! Big Grin
Though I agree on the Toonlink examples, There definitely better than Washington's.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
This made me lol:

To put it into perspective - Leicester winning the Premier League is like Stevie Wonder winning on Takeshi's Castle. Beyond a miracle but loving it!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 May 2016, 9:44 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Husband's attempt at a wild Friday night.

Poured himself a glass of wine (he doesn't drink much) put an X-Ray Spex CD on and has fallen asleep in the armchair Big Grin
Halfer :p
(20 May 2016, 9:44 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Husband's attempt at a wild Friday night.

Poured himself a glass of wine (he doesn't drink much) put an X-Ray Spex CD on and has fallen asleep in the armchair Big Grin

He needs to slow down as these wild nights will get out of hand..