Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Service Suggestions | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions
(30 May 2016, 6:25 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Well the x7 certainly isnt a express from Peterlee to boro

(30 May 2016, 6:30 pm)Jimmi wrote These days the 'X' prefix seems to represent a 'limited stop' service in most cases which the X7 certainly is, obviously it's not as fast as the X9/X10 from Peterlee to Middlesbrough but it certainly gets from say Wingate to Middlesbrough a lot faster than the 21A does.

As Jimmi points out, there are sections of the X7 route which are direct with a limited stop (or express if you will) service between points. It was, although with the introduction of the X21 I don't know if it still is, the fastest available service between Sunderland and Peterlee; and after Wingate and Station Town, the service rejoins the A19 to offer a quicker service from that area down to Stockton and Middlesbrough. 

As I stated in my reply to your suggestions, services with the prefix 'X' implied that the service was an express 'once upon a time'. Back in the days of yonder, when more people used bus services than today, variations existed on services operating between Point 'A' and Point 'B'. To provide an example, there were once two regular services which operated between Newcastle and Hartlepool: the 231 - which operated via Chester-le-Street, Houghton and Peterlee; and the X5 which operated via Washington, Houghton and Peterlee. Between Houghton and Peterlee, they both followed similar routes, however one was an express service which mainly stopped at timing points (with a few added stops here and there) while the other stopped at just about every bus stop on route. The stopping service took just shy of two hours from point-to-point while the express service took just shy of 90 minutes.

I understand the meaning of the prefix 'X' has become somewhat diluted over the years and, on some services, it might be argued that the prefix is irrelevant. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask about the justification or rationale about why you want to renumber certain services with a prefix which may suggest that the service is quicker than the service offered presently. 

With all this in mind, I'll ask the question once again: Do you intend the X42 or X65 to be express services or not? If not, why not just renumber them 42A and 65 if you strongly believe these services require renumbering?
(30 May 2016, 7:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As Jimmi points out, there are sections of the X7 route which are direct with a limited stop (or express if you will) service between points. It was, although with the introduction of the X21 I don't know if it still is, the fastest available service between Sunderland and Peterlee; and after Wingate and Station Town, the service rejoins the A19 to offer a quicker service from that area down to Stockton and Middlesbrough.

The X21 is the fastest service between Peterlee Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange.

The X7 is still faster than the 202 between Peterlee and Seaham, the 60/238 between Seaham and Sunderland and also the 21/21A between Peterlee and Wingate.
(30 May 2016, 7:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As Jimmi points out, there are sections of the X7 route which are direct with a limited stop (or express if you will) service between points. It was, although with the introduction of the X21 I don't know if it still is, the fastest available service between Sunderland and Peterlee; and after Wingate and Station Town, the service rejoins the A19 to offer a quicker service from that area down to Stockton and Middlesbrough. 

As I stated in my reply to your suggestions, services with the prefix 'X' implied that the service was an express 'once upon a time'. Back in the days of yonder, when more people used bus services than today, variations existed on services operating between Point 'A' and Point 'B'. To provide an example, there were once two regular services which operated between Newcastle and Hartlepool: the 231 - which operated via Chester-le-Street, Houghton and Peterlee; and the X5 which operated via Washington, Houghton and Peterlee. Between Houghton and Peterlee, they both followed similar routes, however one was an express service which mainly stopped at timing points (with a few added stops here and there) while the other stopped at just about every bus stop on route. The stopping service took just shy of two hours from point-to-point while the express service took just shy of 90 minutes.

I understand the meaning of the prefix 'X' has become somewhat diluted over the years and, on some services, it might be argued that the prefix is irrelevant. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask about the justification or rationale about why you want to renumber certain services with a prefix which may suggest that the service is quicker than the service offered presently. 

With all this in mind, I'll ask the question once again: Do you intend the X42 or X65 to be express services or not? If not, why not just renumber them 42A and 65 if you strongly believe these services require renumbering?
Any number would do its joining the brand with the other service and how much the services run together
Best bus ever
(30 May 2016, 8:30 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Any number would do its joining the brand with the other service and how much the services run together

So basically, you could have just stated that you'd like the 38 group of services to be branded and explained you were renumbering the 238 to 38A in order to fit the brand. 

There's no need to overcomplicate things.
(30 May 2016, 2:27 pm)Adrian wrote I've not made a suggestion for ages, but here's a simple one for me:

Decide which route the 82/82A/82B is going to do on a Sunday, and stick with it for the whole day. Whilst I get that they may 'improve reliability' by omitting Sainsbury's car park and the retail park at the Galleries through the day, I can't understand why they'd then go to serve it again towards 7pm? I'd perhaps understand if it were the other way around, but it makes no sense to serve a supermarket and retail park that has closed 3 hours earlier.

Before the suggestion is made that it's to do with Frankie's & Benny's or KFC. The footfall for both is pitiful to what a supermarket or the retail park would attract, and it's very rare that anyone is picked up in the car park on an evening.

Some good points made there mate. I think the 82/82A/82B are a total mess and complicated. I also think all the local Washington services need to be improved and replanned if need be as only parts of the routes get good loadings while the other half carries fresh air half the time. The original routes W1/W2/W3 seemed to work much better and had better loadings, even on evenings and were often very reliable.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Although my recent suggestions have been time fillers and reaction provoking, here is a more general tip.
This isn't to add any new crazy unneeded service that nobody will ever need. It's simply to reorganise how the whole Stanley depot works. I've sat on a solo or an mpd so many times on a peak X70/X71/X31 in the hour of 4-5, that is absolutely packed. I feel having an MPD as a float is ridiculous for a double decker allocation. Even a streetlite would be better than sending a solo/mpd out on the peak Stanley return services along A692, even if it is the wrong allocation. Even the spare omnicity could be used - I feel brand or "correct allocation" is too strongly kept in Stanley, where demand is far more important, and is becomes a detriment when you have 10 people standing the whole journey on 6/X30/X31/X70/X71 because there isn't a decent enough sized bus spare. This is becoming more of a usual issue.
(30 May 2016, 9:34 pm)Washingtonian wrote Some good points made there mate. I think the 82/82A/82B are a total mess and complicated. I also think all the local Washington services need to be improved and replanned if need be as only parts of the routes get good loadings while the other half carries fresh air half the time. The original routes W1/W2/W3 seemed to work much better and had better loadings, even on evenings and were often very reliable.

Ultimately the 82/82A/82B/83/M2/M3/whateveritisthisweek have been chopped and changed too much and too often. Without checking, I couldn't tell you which one done which nowadays, or which route they take. 

I do think the route planners do a lot of good work, but chops and changes like this really do not benefit the customer in the slightest.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(27 May 2016, 10:21 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I uess your 22 is replacing the 1 which has run through Wreker-Low Fell like forever (at least since the mid 90s, when it started at Kibby)

It's basically reintroducing the 24. The 1, or Cross Tyne has run through Low Fell in some form since the days of Low Fell Coaches

I've thought for ages to relieve the pressure on the Angel that a Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green Bridge and back might be an idea.

Alternatively, with the new pointless park and ride at Eighton Lodge you could run it to the roundabout and back
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(31 May 2016, 7:24 pm)park5354 wrote 557 moves to Peterlee for service 168, with solo from service 68 used on ASDA freebus.

Doesn't Arriva have the 168 any more?
(31 May 2016, 7:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Doesn't Arriva have the 168 any more?

Go North East will be taking over the service (see Tender Discussion Thread for more info)
(31 May 2016, 7:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Doesn't Arriva have the 168 any more?

Latest contracts from NEXUS show that GNE will take it over from the 24th July 2016.

Service 168 (East Rainton - Hetton-le-Hole - Hetton Downs - Easington Lane)
Contract Period: 24/07/2016 to 20/05/2017
Awarded to Go North East

More on the latest tenders can be found here: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/sh...hp?tid=848&pid=168913#pid168913
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 May 2016, 7:34 pm)S813 FVK wrote Go North East will be taking over the service (see Tender Discussion Thread for more info)

Ah - haven't been to that thread for a few days.
170. Heworth - follingsby park - wardley - boldon Asda - downhill - town end farm - ferryboat lane - casletown.
This service could operate once every hour allowing 2 buses per hour heworth to boldon operated by Go north east.
This service will be operated by "see it do it" citaros running of the 36 at casletown.
This service will also allow the 35 to go hourly between Sunderland and boldon and half hourly low moorsley to sunderland.
An extra peak run can also be operated during the most busiest times.
X37. Doxford international - A19 - A184 - heworth Interchange - felling metro - Gateshead interchange.
This service will be limited stop one journey each way.
This service could use a corporate red decker running on and of scholars.
This service will also stop at felling and Gateshead stadium metro to provide extra transport if the metro is of.
26. Newcastle - Gateshead - felling - heworth - A184 - boldon Asda - fellgate - jarrow.
This service will operate once every hour allowing service x36 to be replaced between Newcastle and boldon. Also gives people of fellgate a bus to newcastle.
X56 Replacing service x36.
Sunderland - southwick - witherwack - downhill - Town end farm - nissan - Sulgrave - concord - non stop to Gateshead interchange - newcastle.
This service can operate every 30 minutes.
Best bus ever
1 Whitley Bay - North Shields - Percy Main - Wallsend - Newcastle - Gateshead - Team Valley - Q.E.H - Heworth
Continues to run Every 15 Mins,Extended to Heworth Via Team Valley to Part-replace loop 93/4 Services

1A Wallsend - Newcastle - Gateshead - Gateshead College - Heworth - Wardley
New Service,runs Via Service 1 Route to Gateshead,Via 93/4 to Heworth then Onto Wardley to replace 57

57 Newcastle - Gateshead - Beacon Lough Estate - Wrekenton - Harlow Green - Low Fell
Runs Via Current service until Staneway,Then Direct Along Springwell Rd into Wrekenton,then Via Current Coaster route Into Low Fell,Running Every Half Hour

- Better Links around Gateshead Into Newcastle (like when they merged Orbit & Quayside together)
- Frequency increased between Wallsend & Gateshead to Every 7/8 Mins
- Faster More Direct,More Frequent Buses from Wardley into Gateshead & Newcastle
(31 May 2016, 7:35 pm)Michael wrote Latest contracts from NEXUS show that GNE will take it over from the 24th July 2016.

Service 168 (East Rainton - Hetton-le-Hole - Hetton Downs - Easington Lane)
Contract Period: 24/07/2016 to 20/05/2017
Awarded to Go North East

More on the latest tenders can be found here: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/sh...hp?tid=848&pid=168913#pid168913

I assume 626 will run that from Deptford then...
(01 Jun 2016, 10:10 am)NK53 TKT wrote I assume 626 will run that from Deptford then...

No idea, where does the 626 run to and from?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Jun 2016, 10:16 am)Michael wrote No idea, where does the 626 run to and from?

626 as in the Nexus SR, I think

I think it will depend on the Euro requirements - if Arriva run an MPD on there at present, maybe an MPD will be good enough for Go North East.
Site Administrator
(01 Jun 2016, 10:27 am)S813 FVK wrote 626 as in the Nexus SR, I think

I think it will depend on the Euro requirements - if Arriva run an MPD on there at present, maybe an MPD will be good enough for Go North East.

Contractual requirements available here. Service 168 is Euro 4 with a maximum vehicle length of 8.5m.

The Nexus Solos are 8.9m, ruling out this allocation, so I think it'll be an MPD allocated.
(01 Jun 2016, 10:27 am)S813 FVK wrote 626 as in the Nexus SR, I think

lmao, i thought he meant a service, my bad for not reading it right!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Jun 2016, 10:28 am)Dan wrote Contractual requirements available here. Service 168 is Euro 4 with a maximum vehicle length of 8.5m.

The Nexus Solos are 8.9m, ruling out this allocation, so I think it'll be an MPD allocated.

MPDs are 8.7M, So would breach the contract rules too.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
I have decided to do another allocation plan completely taking the Percy Main changes out of question given the fact that I am not creative :P
Prince Bishops: Remaining Streetlites displace the 5 remaining solars to: 
5217 would transfer to Stanley replacing 4896
4971, 4972, 5211 and 5216 would transfer to Riverside to replace 4897-4900
Centurion 17, 17A and NEW 18: 36 Streetlites (including 4 red spares) would come for services 17/17A and NEW 18. The 17 would be half-hourly full route, whilst the 17A would not run from the foot of Churchill Street to Wallsend, instead going up Churchill Street, to Northumberland Park via Cobalt taking just under one hour to complete the full route. The service would provide a journey every 15 minutes combined frequency between Rosehill and Whitley Bay and would run with a PVR of 4. The new 18 would run from Haymarket to Blyth following this route:
Haymarket following Stagecoach service 1 to Heaton Park Road, then along Shields Road in Byker following the Coaster 1 as far as Wallsend, the bus would then follow the 17 route as far as Benton ASDA, where it would go to Northumberland Park via Holystone, then it would head to South Welliford and then onto North Whitley Bay from there it would follow the Arriva 308 route to Blyth taking about 2hrs 30mins. 
The following buses would be withdrawn:
All dual door renowns at Percy Main as well as 4912.

Red Arrows and TTX: 13 streetdecks would come for Riverside and Peterlee (7 Peterlee and 6 Riverside) allowing for an every 15 minute combined frequency Newcastle-Middlesbrough and dual depot operation, also it would allow Peterlee to operate the peak time 265.
This would allow for the following allocation plans:
6043-6048 and 6084 would be branded Red Arrows replacing 3943 and 6001-6006 with 6007 being a red spare, also all other Red Arrows deckers would gain plug sockets and 6043-6048 would gain 6001-6006's NSAs.
3943, 6001 and 6002 would replace 3818, 3819 and 3824 at Riverside.
6003-6006 would replace Stanley's Olympians bar 3832 which would be replaced by surplus 3966 from Riverside.

Blaydon Racers, LOOP, NEXUS Solos, Tynedale Links, South Tyne, NEW 33, InDiGo Peterlee TOON Link, Lambton Worm , Green Arrow, Castle Link(OK WAY), SimpliCity, Fast Cats, WTX and NEW CityLink Sunderland: 18 Streetlites (including otwo red spare) would come for Blaydon Racers 49 services. Service 49C would be renumbered 49B and would run half-hourly through the day replacing service 64. Service 12/12A would join the Blaydon Racers brand. NEW 98 would run with spare TOON Link omnicities running Eldon Square-Gateshead then the current 29 route to Kibblesworth and then following Birkland Lane to Sunniside and then down to Whickham taking just under one hour. 9 streetlites (including one red spare) would come to Deptford for SimpliCity 2/2A. 11 Streetlites (including one red spare) would also come to Deptford but for new 61 service which would be branded CityLink Sunderland, it would run every 15 minutes between Murton and Downhill (Current 61 route to Park Lane then the current X36 route to Downhill) taking just under one hour. Meanwhile even more streetlites would be destined for Deptford (16 to be precise including two red spares) for Fast Cats X35/X36 services. However the current X36 would be numbered 36A and would be rerouted to follow the 27 route between Gateshead and Heworth using cascaded Solars. New X36 would run the current X9/X10 route Newcastle Eldon Square-Testo's where the new service would follow the A19 as far as NISSAN where it would follow the current 56 route to Park Lane. This service would be every 20 minutes. 10 optare metrocities would replace 8294-8301 and 4935 on services 88/88A. 5 Streetlites would come to Chester-le-Street for 34/34A. The 265 would leave the InDiGo brand and new 168 service would join the brand with one solo becoming spare. Riverside would run Sunday 32/32A journeys.
This would require the following allocation plans:
4935 would be withdrawn
5276-5283 would be branded LOOP (5275 would be a red spare) replacing 5219-5226.
5235-5238 would be painted red for use on new 98.
5234 would transfer to Stanley to replace 4903.
5220-5222 would replace 4913-4915 at Percy Main.
5223 and 5224 would replace 4901 and 4902. 5225 and 5226 would transfer to Deptford for service 36A.
8324-8327 would transfer to Riverside for new service 11 (old 11A, current 11 would be numbered 62) and new 11A would run the current X84 route to Wylam then the 686 route to Prudhoe with a PVR of 3 using 8319-8321.
8322 and 8323 would replace 5323 and 5324 at Riverside allowing them to go to Deptford and to be branded WTX allowing for dual depot operation and an every 30 minute frequency.
8308 and 8309 would transfer to Crook replacing 571 and 572 on the 18 which would be renumbered 22 to avoid website conclusion. 8328 would be a red spare.
8295-8306 would be branded Green Arrow with 8294 being a red spare, also this would allow for the X97 to run through the day half-hourly.
8307 and 8328 would transfer to Riverside for the 33 contract
626 which is freed up by the 29 becoming non supported will replace 557 on the ASDA Byker contract, 633 which is freed up because of the loss of service 68 will be used on newly awarded 13 service these two vehicles would be used on Sunday 32/32A buses.
631 and 632 would transfer to Deptford replacing 549 and 550
625 would replace 553 at Stanley
627 would be used on service 686 to allow for a PVR of 2 and a full route hourly frequency Ovington-Prudhoe
5208 and 5209 would transfer to Peterlee for the 265.
5207 would replace 4925 at Deptford.
5204-5206 would replace 6009, 6012 and 6013 at Stanley on the 15/15A.
4968, 4974-4976 and 5203 would be used on a service noted below
4973 would be used at Riverside replacing 4932.
653 would be freed up by the 265 and would replace 559 at Deptford.
4938, 4940 and 4941 would be withdrawn
4947, 4948, 4967, 5218, 5227 and 5228 would replace 4918-4920, 4922, 4923 and 5167.

Angel, Crusader and NEW Airport bus 737: 21 Streetdecks come for service 21 without tables allowing for 2 red spares and every 12 minute full route and every 6 minute Newcastle-Chester-le-Street service.
6057-6070 would replace 5310-5319, 5328-5330 and 5332 with 6057 being a red spare.
6056 would transfer to Stanley replacing 3864.
3962 and 3965 would replace 3869 and 3872 at Chester-le-Street.
5310-5314 would be branded for a new airport service to challenge the metro with one branded spare being every 15 minutes.
5315-5317 would transfer to Deptford to replace 4905, 4907 and 4911.
5318, 5319, 5328-5330 and 5332 would replace 4918-4920, 4922, 4923 and 5167.

TEN, Red Kite, NEW X19, Tynedale Express, Tynedale Links and Venture: 17 Streetdecks would come for TEN services 10 and 10A (10B renubered 10A and 10A leaves TEN brand and is renumbered 63) this also allows both services to be every 20 minutes. Tynedale Express services would each run every 30 minutes allowing 4 buses an hour on the X84/X85. 
6071-6079 would be used on Tynedale Express X84/X85. 6071 would be a red spare
6080 and 6081 would transfer to Stanley to allow the 47 to allow for it to extend to Consett using the V9 route allowing the V9 and the 45E to be withdrawn.
6082 and 6083 would transfer to Chester-le-Street to replace 3875 and 3878 at Chester-le-Street
3941 and 3942 would transfer to Stanley to replace 3876 and 3880.
5232 and 5233 would be branded Tynedale Links to replace 556 and 619 at Hexham allowing services 680, 688 and 74 to be operated by full size buses.
5229-5231 will transfer to Deptford to be used on new X19 express between Sunderland and Durham only calling at Houghton-le-Spring taking just under 45 minutes every 30 minutes with a PVR of 3.
4974-4976 and 4968 would be used on service 63.
5203 would be used at Hexham to allow service 687 to run hourly.
642 would be freed up by the loss of the V9 and would be used replacing 560.
619 would replace 562.
618 would be a red spare at for Tynedale Links services.
556 would be withdrawn.

InDiGo Washington: 11 37 seat optare solos come for Washington (including one red spare) for services 82/82A/82B/83/83A/85/86 which would be InDiGo Washington. 
This would allow for the following allocation changes:
570 would be withdrawn
603-606 would transfer to Deptford to replace 564, 565, 573 and 574.
8261 would replace 4933 at Riverside
8262 would replace 4934 at Chester-le-Street
8263 and 8264 would replace 4936 and 4937 at Deptford.
8265 would replace 8258 at Deptford
8267 and 8271 would be withdrawn.

Wagonway: 11 streetlites (including 1 red spare) come for 28/28A at Chester-le-Street allowing for an every 15 minute combined frequency.
This would allow 4956-4960 to be withdrawn

Cross Tyne and Coaster: 9 streetlites (including one red spare) would come for Percy Main for service 9 allowing a full route frequency of every 15 minutes. Short Coaster 1 buses would be renumbered 1A and would follow the 1A route to Kibblesworth with a PVR increase of two.
3978-3980 would move to Chester-le-Street replacing 6017-6019.
5273 and 5274 would be branded Coaster.
4916 and 4917 would be withdrawn.
5248 and 5249 would move to Riverside 4943 and 4944.

Cobalt Connect 19 and NEW 19A: 9 streetlites come for Percy Main (including 1 red spare) for Cobalt Connect 19/19A. The 19A would be the short 19's extended to Morpeth following the normal 19 to Cramlington then the Arriva 43 to Morpeth.
This would allow for the following allocation plans: New 62A service would run Newcastle-Chopwell East Street following the 12A Newcastle-Winlaton then the 792 Winlaton-Chopwell. The journey would take just under one hour running every 30 minutes with a PVR of 4.
This would allow the following allocation plans:
4978-4982 transfer to Riverside for use on 62A.

Northern and DFDS: 11 Streetdecks would come for 6/X70/X71 (including 1 red spare) 
6122-6127 are branded DFDS and transfer to Percy Main
6128-6132 would replace 5 of Percy Main's presidents
3890 and 3891 would be reserve vehicles
3866 and 3867 would be withdrawn
Thank you for reading :)
Quite extensive there.

I wouldn't say the Waggonway needs a 15 mins frequency. Only other change is Angel needs capacity not tables and gimmicks
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(04 Jun 2016, 11:21 am)NK53 TKT wrote I have decided to do another allocation plan completely taking the Percy Main changes out of question given the fact that I am not creative Tongue
Prince Bishops: Remaining Streetlites displace the 5 remaining solars to: 
5217 would transfer to Stanley replacing 4896
4971, 4972, 5211 and 5216 would transfer to Riverside to replace 4897-4900
Centurion 17, 17A and NEW 18: 36 Streetlites (including 4 red spares) would come for services 17/17A and NEW 18. The 17 would be half-hourly full route, whilst the 17A would not run from the foot of Churchill Street to Wallsend, instead going up Churchill Street, to Northumberland Park via Cobalt taking just under one hour to complete the full route. The service would provide a journey every 15 minutes combined frequency between Rosehill and Whitley Bay and would run with a PVR of 4. The new 18 would run from Haymarket to Blyth following this route:
Haymarket following Stagecoach service 1 to Heaton Park Road, then along Shields Road in Byker following the Coaster 1 as far as Wallsend, the bus would then follow the 17 route as far as Benton ASDA, where it would go to Northumberland Park via Holystone, then it would head to South Welliford and then onto North Whitley Bay from there it would follow the Arriva 308 route to Blyth taking about 2hrs 30mins. 
The following buses would be withdrawn:
All dual door renowns at Percy Main as well as 4912.

Red Arrows and TTX: 13 streetdecks would come for Riverside and Peterlee (7 Peterlee and 6 Riverside) allowing for an every 15 minute combined frequency Newcastle-Middlesbrough and dual depot operation, also it would allow Peterlee to operate the peak time 265.
6043-6048 and 6084 would be branded Red Arrows replacing 3943 and 6001-6006 with 6007 being a red spare, also all other Red Arrows deckers would gain plug sockets and 6043-6048 would gain 6001-6006's NSAs.
3943, 6001 and 6002 would replace 3818, 3819 and 3824 at Riverside.
6003-6006 would replace Stanley's Olympians bar 3832 which would be replaced by surplus 3966 from Riverside.

Blaydon Racers, LOOP, NEXUS Solos, Tynedale Links, South Tyne, NEW 33, InDiGo Peterlee TOON Link, Lambton Worm , Green Arrow, Castle Link(OK WAY), SimpliCity, Fast Cats, WTX and NEW CityLink Sunderland: 18 Streetlites (including otwo red spare) would come for Blaydon Racers 49 services. Service 49C would be renumbered 49B and would run half-hourly through the day replacing service 64. Service 12/12A would join the Blaydon Racers brand. NEW 98 would run with spare TOON Link omnicities running Eldon Square-Gateshead then the current 29 route to Kibblesworth and then following Birkland Lane to Sunniside and then down to Whickham taking just under one hour. 9 streetlites (including one red spare) would come to Deptford for SimpliCity 2/2A. 11 Streetlites (including one red spare) would also come to Deptford but for new 61 service which would be branded CityLink Sunderland, it would run every 15 minutes between Murton and Downhill (Current 61 route to Park Lane then the current X36 route to Downhill) taking just under one hour. Meanwhile even more streetlites would be destined for Deptford (16 to be precise including two red spares) for Fast Cats X35/X36 services. However the current X36 would be numbered 36A and would be rerouted to follow the 27 route between Gateshead and Heworth using cascaded Solars. New X36 would run the current X9/X10 route Newcastle Eldon Square-Testo's where the new service would follow the A19 as far as NISSAN where it would follow the current 56 route to Park Lane. This service would be every 20 minutes. 10 optare metrocities would replace 8294-8301 and 4935 on services 88/88A. 5 Streetlites would come to Chester-le-Street for 34/34A. The 265 would leave the InDiGo brand and new 168 service would join the brand with one solo becoming spare. Riverside would run Sunday 32/32A journeys.
This would require the following allocation plans:
4935 would be withdrawn
5276-5283 would be branded LOOP (5275 would be a red spare) replacing 5219-5226.
5235-5238 would be painted red for use on new 98.
5234 would transfer to Stanley to replace 4903.
5220-5222 would replace 4913-4915 at Percy Main.
5223 and 5224 would replace 4901 and 4902. 5225 and 5226 would transfer to Deptford for service 36A.
8324-8327 would transfer to Riverside for new service 11 (old 11A, current 11 would be numbered 62) and new 11A would run the current X84 route to Wylam then the 686 route to Prudhoe with a PVR of 3 using 8319-8321.
8322 and 8323 would replace 5323 and 5324 at Riverside allowing them to go to Deptford and to be branded WTX allowing for dual depot operation and an every 30 minute frequency.
8308 and 8309 would transfer to Crook replacing 571 and 572 on the 18 which would be renumbered 22 to avoid website conclusion. 8328 would be a red spare.
8295-8306 would be branded Green Arrow with 8294 being a red spare, also this would allow for the X97 to run through the day half-hourly.
8307 and 8328 would transfer to Riverside for the 33 contract
626 which is freed up by the 29 becoming non supported will replace 557 on the ASDA Byker contract, 633 which is freed up because of the loss of service 68 will be used on newly awarded 13 service these two vehicles would be used on Sunday 32/32A buses.
631 and 632 would transfer to Deptford replacing 549 and 550
625 would replace 553 at Stanley
627 would be used on service 686 to allow for a PVR of 2 and a full route hourly frequency Ovington-Prudhoe
5208 and 5209 would transfer to Peterlee for the 265.
5207 would replace 4925 at Deptford.
5204-5206 would replace 6009, 6012 and 6013 at Stanley on the 15/15A.
4968, 4974-4976 and 5203 would be used on a service noted below
4973 would be used at Riverside replacing 4932.
653 would be freed up by the 265 and would replace 559 at Deptford.
4938, 4940 and 4941 would be withdrawn
4947, 4948, 4967, 5218, 5227 and 5228 would replace 4918-4920, 4922, 4923 and 5167.

Angel, Crusader and NEW Airport bus 737: 21 Streetdecks come for service 21 without tables allowing for 2 red spares and every 12 minute full route and every 6 minute Newcastle-Chester-le-Street service.
6057-6070 would replace 5310-5319, 5328-5330 and 5332 with 6057 being a red spare.
6056 would transfer to Stanley replacing 3864.
3962 and 3965 would replace 3869 and 3872 at Chester-le-Street.
5310-5314 would be branded for a new airport service to challenge the metro with one branded spare being every 15 minutes.
5315-5317 would transfer to Deptford to replace 4905, 4907 and 4911.
5318, 5319, 5328-5330 and 5332 would replace 4918-4920, 4922, 4923 and 5167.

TEN, Red Kite, NEW X19, Tynedale Express, Tynedale Links and Venture: 17 Streetdecks would come for TEN services 10 and 10A (10B renubered 10A and 10A leaves TEN brand and is renumbered 63) this also allows both services to be every 20 minutes. Tynedale Express services would each run every 30 minutes allowing 4 buses an hour on the X84/X85. 
6071-6079 would be used on Tynedale Express X84/X85. 6071 would be a red spare
6080 and 6081 would transfer to Stanley to allow the 47 to allow for it to extend to Consett using the V9 route allowing the V9 and the 45E to be withdrawn.
6082 and 6083 would transfer to Chester-le-Street to replace 3875 and 3878 at Chester-le-Street
3941 and 3942 would transfer to Stanley to replace 3876 and 3880.
5232 and 5233 would be branded Tynedale Links to replace 556 and 619 at Hexham allowing services 680, 688 and 74 to be operated by full size buses.
5229-5231 will transfer to Deptford to be used on new X19 express between Sunderland and Durham only calling at Houghton-le-Spring taking just under 45 minutes every 30 minutes with a PVR of 3.
4974-4976 and 4968 would be used on service 63.
5203 would be used at Hexham to allow service 687 to run hourly.
642 would be freed up by the loss of the V9 and would be used replacing 560.
619 would replace 562.
618 would be a red spare at for Tynedale Links services.
556 would be withdrawn.

InDiGo Washington: 11 37 seat optare solos come for Washington (including one red spare) for services 82/82A/82B/83/83A/85/86 which would be InDiGo Washington. 
This would allow for the following allocation changes:
570 would be withdrawn
603-606 would transfer to Deptford to replace 564, 565, 573 and 574.
8261 would replace 4933 at Riverside
8262 would replace 4934 at Chester-le-Street
8263 and 8264 would replace 4936 and 4937 at Deptford.
8265 would replace 8258 at Deptford
8267 and 8271 would be withdrawn.

Wagonway: 11 streetlites (including 1 red spare) come for 28/28A at Chester-le-Street allowing for an every 15 minute combined frequency.
This would allow 4956-4960 to be withdrawn

Cross Tyne and Coaster: 9 streetlites (including one red spare) would come for Percy Main for service 9 allowing a full route frequency of every 15 minutes. Short Coaster 1 buses would be renumbered 1A and would follow the 1A route to Kibblesworth with a PVR increase of two.
3978-3980 would move to Chester-le-Street replacing 6017-6019.
5273 and 5274 would be branded Coaster.
4916 and 4917 would be withdrawn.
5248 and 5249 would move to Riverside 4943 and 4944.

Cobalt Connect 19 and NEW 19A: 9 streetlites come for Percy Main (including 1 red spare) for Cobalt Connect 19/19A. The 19A would be the short 19's extended to Morpeth following the normal 19 to Cramlington then the Arriva 43 to Morpeth.
This would allow for the following allocation plans: New 62A service would run Newcastle-Chopwell East Street following the 12A Newcastle-Winlaton then the 792 Winlaton-Chopwell. The journey would take just under one hour running every 30 minutes with a PVR of 4.
This would allow the following allocation plans:
4978-4982 transfer to Riverside for use on 62A.

Northern and DFDS: 11 Streetdecks would come for 6/X70/X71 (including 1 red spare) 
6122-6127 are branded DFDS and transfer to Percy Main
6128-6132 would replace 5 of Percy Main's presidents
3890 and 3891 would be reserve vehicles
3866 and 3867 would be withdrawn
Thank you for reading Smile

8265 cant replace 8258 as its already withdrawn
Best bus ever
27. Newcastle -Gateshead - Old durham road - Queen Elizabeth hospital - felling squre - heworth - pelaw - hebburn - jarrow.
This service will operate every 30 minutes with the service extending round to felling squre
This service can allow service 69 to divert a different way or withdrawn between felling squre and Queen Elizabeth hospital.
The pvr of the service would be 8 using 5310-17.
5318 as a red spare.
X27. Eldon Square - Gateshead *all stops to heworth * - hebburn (the way the 27x took) - jarrow - bede - tyne dock - south shields.
This service will operate every 30 minutes combining with service 27.
This service will have a pvr of 5 using 5320 - 24 with 5319 as spare.
New service 71.
Hebburn - jarrow - Brockley Whins - South Tyneside hospital - south shields.
This service replaces the 88 route.at a every 30 minute frequency.
This service will use a pvr of 5. (8294-98).
72. Hebburn - jarrow - jarrow Morrisons - bede - tyne dock - chichester - westoe - south shields.
This service will be an hourly service using a pvr of 2 .
8301 will be a red spare and run on both the 71 and 72.
From this 5328,29,30,32 are freed up these can move to hexham for the x84;85 allowing 5230-32 to move to stanley displacing 5337 to hexham to act as a spare allowing 5229 to move to deptford allowing 4936 to be withdrawn.
5231 can replace 5254 to washington to act as a spare.
5232 can replace 5338 to Riverside replacing 5167.
5233 can move to percy main allowing 5248 to move to Riverside replacing 4898
Best bus ever
1. Seaton sluice - whitley bay - Tynemouth - north shields - Wallsend - byker - newcastle - metrocentre
This service will operate every 30 minutes with a pvr of 7 using.5261 - 68
1A. Blyth - seaton sluice - whitley bay - Tynemouth - north shields - Wallsend - byker - newcastle - Gateshead.
This service will replace service 309 to Blyth this service will also provide a 15 minute frequency along the 1 route.
This service will also use a pvr of 7 at a 30 minute frequency.
5251;52,69,70,71,72,73.and 5274 as red spare for the 1 and 1A.
6116,17 will be freed up from the 309 pvr decrease allowing 6116,17 to move to stanley displacing 5409,10 to deptford for use on service x36 allowing 4836,37 to be withdrawn.
43. Gateshead - wrekenton *the same way as the 1.
This service will interwork with the 95 using 2x buses on a hourly frequency .
64 withdrawn.
4937 instead of being withdrawn can move to Chester-le-Street allowing 4926 to be withdrawn.
Peterlee to win the ttx along with the wtx.
6x new buses for the x9;10 and 6084 as spare.
Deckers to be used on the 265.
3978,79 transfer to Peterlee allowing 653,54 to move to deptford for the 238.
6084 displacung 655 to deptford for 238.
New 202 route
Peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - spectrum - seaham.
This service will use indigo solos during the day but one peak journey will use a decker of the 265 meaning it cant serve dawdon.
This service wont interwork with the 202 meaning it would arrive as the 202 and depart as the 202.
A pvr of 3.
Service x7 will serve dawdon but through this the service would have to ternamate at stockton with a connection with the x10 to middlesbrough.
Service 265. This service will use deckers due to capacity problems 3978,79 during the day with 6084 as the peak 265.
This service would also get renumbered back to 65.
With the peak journey running as 265.
The spare wtx would cover for any deckers absence.
Best bus ever
Don't see why they would take the 309 off from Blyth if it's meant to be competing with the 308?

And was just thinking I wonder if the new North Tyneside 11 is actually going to replace the 11 to Blackhall Mill? With another bus going to Metrocentre.
(05 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm)Tom wrote Don't see why they would take the 309 off from Blyth if it's meant to be competing with the 308?

And was just thinking I wonder if the new North Tyneside 11 is actually going to replace the 11 to Blackhall Mill? With another bus going to Metrocentre.

The new 11 is going to the Metrocentre, one of Percy Main's drivers has confirmed it on Lee's Facebook Group - following the 17A route to Wallsend then via Shields Road into Newcastle then the 96 route to the Metrocentre.
(05 Jun 2016, 1:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The new 11 is going to the Metrocentre, one of Percy Main's drivers has confirmed it on Lee's Facebook Group - following the 17A route to Wallsend then via Shields Road into Newcastle then the 96 route to the Metrocentre.

Thought so thanks for confirming.

Odd they've numbered it the 11 though that's why I thought it might have gone to Blackhall Mill
(05 Jun 2016, 1:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The new 11 is going to the Metrocentre, one of Percy Main's drivers has confirmed it on Lee's Facebook Group - following the 17A route to Wallsend then via Shields Road into Newcastle then the 96 route to the Metrocentre.

That's one long route, reminds me of the 638 Tongue

What will the frequency be?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2016, 1:35 pm)Michael wrote That's one long route, reminds me of the 638 Tongue

What will the frequency be?

Every 30 minutes I would imagine?

Is there any more info about the new routes other than what we know on that group as I'm not in any of them