Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average

Pages (27) Previous 120 21 2227 Next
BFK

17 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm #401
(17 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm)S813 FVK Unless something has changed, 4969 will have been repainted in a lighter red for service 39 as opposed to the darker red used in the corporate livery: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...eetno=4969
4969 is in a lighter shade of red, like 4976, 4990, 4991, 4992, 5212 & 5213.  All of these are to be branded for service 39/39A Doxford International - Pennywell.
BFK
17 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm #401

(17 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm)S813 FVK Unless something has changed, 4969 will have been repainted in a lighter red for service 39 as opposed to the darker red used in the corporate livery: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...eetno=4969
4969 is in a lighter shade of red, like 4976, 4990, 4991, 4992, 5212 & 5213.  All of these are to be branded for service 39/39A Doxford International - Pennywell.

Michael

17 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm #402
(17 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm)BFK 4969 is in a lighter shade of red, like 4976, 4990, 4991, 4992, 5212 & 5213.  All of these are to be branded for service 39/39A Doxford International - Pennywell.

Yup... but what will the brand be? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm #402

(17 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm)BFK 4969 is in a lighter shade of red, like 4976, 4990, 4991, 4992, 5212 & 5213.  All of these are to be branded for service 39/39A Doxford International - Pennywell.

Yup... but what will the brand be? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm #403
(17 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm)Michael Yup... but what will the brand be? Tongue

Black cats

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
17 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm #403

(17 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm)Michael Yup... but what will the brand be? Tongue

Black cats

Best bus ever

Adrian

17 Jun 2016, 7:36 pm #404
(17 Jun 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum "it's great to get on a bus that doesn't pick up all the charvers."

Well, that's one way to lose sympathy for an argument.

I dislike the word, in any of it's many forms. 

(17 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Black cats

So is that fact or speculation? If it's the latter, could you please mark your post as such, so that other's don't take what you've said as gospel?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jun 2016, 7:36 pm #404

(17 Jun 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum "it's great to get on a bus that doesn't pick up all the charvers."

Well, that's one way to lose sympathy for an argument.

I dislike the word, in any of it's many forms. 

So is that fact or speculation? If it's the latter, could you please mark your post as such, so that other's don't take what you've said as gospel?

Michael

17 Jun 2016, 7:59 pm #405

That's if they haven't changed their minds.
Edited 17 Jun 2016, 8:00 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2016, 7:59 pm #405

That's if they haven't changed their minds.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

James101

17 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm #406

Oh bloody hell, I see another indiGo 'but they're not even painted black' argument on the way  Big Grin
James101
17 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm #406

Oh bloody hell, I see another indiGo 'but they're not even painted black' argument on the way  Big Grin

17 Jun 2016, 8:59 pm #407
Stanley don't seem to be having much luck with their buses. Solo 646 joins 5412 and 5414 with new plain painted panels.
Olympian3521
17 Jun 2016, 8:59 pm #407

Stanley don't seem to be having much luck with their buses. Solo 646 joins 5412 and 5414 with new plain painted panels.

dannygee

17 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm #408
6106 has the front with no livery and the near side. Has this been in some sort of accident?
dannygee
17 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm #408

6106 has the front with no livery and the near side. Has this been in some sort of accident?

17 Jun 2016, 9:13 pm #409
(17 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)James101 Oh bloody hell, I see another indiGo 'but they're not even painted black' argument on the way  Big Grin

Actually the Black Cats were the original "Oh no the colour doesn't match the brand name" when they were yellow. But then again, we didn't have some of the enthusiasts back then making hundreds of posts saying that the Black Cats aren't black.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Jun 2016, 9:13 pm #409

(17 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm)James101 Oh bloody hell, I see another indiGo 'but they're not even painted black' argument on the way  Big Grin

Actually the Black Cats were the original "Oh no the colour doesn't match the brand name" when they were yellow. But then again, we didn't have some of the enthusiasts back then making hundreds of posts saying that the Black Cats aren't black.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm #410
(17 Jun 2016, 9:13 pm)GMitchelhill Actually the Black Cats were the original "Oh no the colour doesn't match the brand name" when they were yellow. But then again, we didn't have some of the enthusiasts back then making hundreds of posts saying that the Black Cats aren't black.

Ah but you see, that version of Black Cats will be tolerated by these enthusiasts, as it had the all important 'swirl' linking in with the corporate livery back then.

That is a key factor if the company wishes to be 'really good' Wink
Dan
17 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm #410

(17 Jun 2016, 9:13 pm)GMitchelhill Actually the Black Cats were the original "Oh no the colour doesn't match the brand name" when they were yellow. But then again, we didn't have some of the enthusiasts back then making hundreds of posts saying that the Black Cats aren't black.

Ah but you see, that version of Black Cats will be tolerated by these enthusiasts, as it had the all important 'swirl' linking in with the corporate livery back then.

cbma06

17 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm #411

The original black cats brand on the yellow mpds had no association with SAFC, same as the fast cats brand has no association with SAFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
17 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm #411

The original black cats brand on the yellow mpds had no association with SAFC, same as the fast cats brand has no association with SAFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm #412
(17 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm)Dan Ah but you see, that version of Black Cats will be tolerated by these enthusiasts, as it had the all important 'swirl' linking in with the corporate livery back then.

Erm no. Back then most enthusiasts weren't getting over excitied about pieces of plastic or paint jobs. There was still decent haulage to be had from step entrance vehicles back then.

Rapidsnap
17 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm #412

(17 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm)Dan Ah but you see, that version of Black Cats will be tolerated by these enthusiasts, as it had the all important 'swirl' linking in with the corporate livery back then.

Erm no. Back then most enthusiasts weren't getting over excitied about pieces of plastic or paint jobs. There was still decent haulage to be had from step entrance vehicles back then.

18 Jun 2016, 8:05 am #413
If anyone is able to tell me what board the Metrocity is on today that would be greatly appreciated.
Jackamcardle
18 Jun 2016, 8:05 am #413

If anyone is able to tell me what board the Metrocity is on today that would be greatly appreciated.

18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am #414
(17 Jun 2016, 4:29 am)Dan The portion between Greenside and Blackhall Mill is secured by Nexus, so it's down to them to decide the route and frequency of the service between these two locations.

As posted elsewhere on the forum, "the number of passengers using existing service 11 from Greenside to reach Newcastle Business Park has been very disappointing, at around just two per day."

The number of direct buses between Newcastle Business Park and Blaydon, Ryton and Crawcrook (10X) has therefore been reduced to better match the number of people travelling, at peak times only.

It is unfortunate that the direct link from Greenside will be broken, but the very low usage means that it is just not sustainable to continue providing this direct link.

During the day, connections can be made between frequent TEN buses and frequent Toonlink 12/12A buses.

Whilst a number of people have signed said petition, I often think this is due to the increasing use of Social Media. It takes minutes to share the petiton on Facebook, and seconds to sign it. Even if you don't use buses, you could sign it because one of your friends has shared it and asked you to sign it (in order to build up the numbers). It's really not a true reflection, and if all of these people were making use of the direct link between Blackhall Mill, Greenside, Crawcrook, and Ryton, the service (quite frankly) wouldn't be being withdrawn.

I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?
Edited 18 Jun 2016, 9:07 am by palatine3833.
palatine3833
18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am #414

(17 Jun 2016, 4:29 am)Dan The portion between Greenside and Blackhall Mill is secured by Nexus, so it's down to them to decide the route and frequency of the service between these two locations.

As posted elsewhere on the forum, "the number of passengers using existing service 11 from Greenside to reach Newcastle Business Park has been very disappointing, at around just two per day."

The number of direct buses between Newcastle Business Park and Blaydon, Ryton and Crawcrook (10X) has therefore been reduced to better match the number of people travelling, at peak times only.

It is unfortunate that the direct link from Greenside will be broken, but the very low usage means that it is just not sustainable to continue providing this direct link.

During the day, connections can be made between frequent TEN buses and frequent Toonlink 12/12A buses.

Whilst a number of people have signed said petition, I often think this is due to the increasing use of Social Media. It takes minutes to share the petiton on Facebook, and seconds to sign it. Even if you don't use buses, you could sign it because one of your friends has shared it and asked you to sign it (in order to build up the numbers). It's really not a true reflection, and if all of these people were making use of the direct link between Blackhall Mill, Greenside, Crawcrook, and Ryton, the service (quite frankly) wouldn't be being withdrawn.

I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?

18 Jun 2016, 9:56 am #415
(18 Jun 2016, 8:05 am)Jackamcardle If anyone is able to tell me what board the Metrocity is on today that would be greatly appreciated.

If its doing the same thing as yesterday, it will be parked in the depot. My advice is to get a bus past the depot to see if its parked up in the front corner.

Rapidsnap
18 Jun 2016, 9:56 am #415

(18 Jun 2016, 8:05 am)Jackamcardle If anyone is able to tell me what board the Metrocity is on today that would be greatly appreciated.

If its doing the same thing as yesterday, it will be parked in the depot. My advice is to get a bus past the depot to see if its parked up in the front corner.

Adrian

18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am #416
(18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am)palatine3833 I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?

It's still recorded as a passenger boarding at that stop though, isn't it? I use my Arriva paper ticket every day, and the driver presses something on the ETM. Same as when I've just used a Go North East mTicket. I assume that this is recording me boarding?

Having said that, unless they buy a single or return, you have no idea how many are alighting at each point, to my knowledge? I don't state my destination when using one of the above methods, so I could be alighting at the terminus or even the next stop... who knows?

Adrian
18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am #416

(18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am)palatine3833 I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?

It's still recorded as a passenger boarding at that stop though, isn't it? I use my Arriva paper ticket every day, and the driver presses something on the ETM. Same as when I've just used a Go North East mTicket. I assume that this is recording me boarding?

Having said that, unless they buy a single or return, you have no idea how many are alighting at each point, to my knowledge? I don't state my destination when using one of the above methods, so I could be alighting at the terminus or even the next stop... who knows?

18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am #417
(18 Jun 2016, 9:56 am)GMitchelhill If its doing the same thing as yesterday, it will be parked in the depot. My advice is to get a bus past the depot to see if its parked up in the front corner.

Better not be in the depot! There's a reason it's on demonstrator, and that's not for it to sit in the depot all day. If it's broken then fair enough but if not then it's a bit pointless having it isn't it
Jackamcardle
18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am #417

(18 Jun 2016, 9:56 am)GMitchelhill If its doing the same thing as yesterday, it will be parked in the depot. My advice is to get a bus past the depot to see if its parked up in the front corner.

Better not be in the depot! There's a reason it's on demonstrator, and that's not for it to sit in the depot all day. If it's broken then fair enough but if not then it's a bit pointless having it isn't it

Adrian

18 Jun 2016, 10:40 am #418
(17 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm)GMitchelhill Erm no. Back then most enthusiasts weren't getting over excitied about pieces of plastic or paint jobs. There was still decent haulage to be had from step entrance vehicles back then.

Fleet conditions were never the greatest back then, but you never got petty arguments about colours and stickers. There was so much variety back then, and you could have some cracking haulage without going too far at all.

I just wish I took more photos back then.

Adrian
18 Jun 2016, 10:40 am #418

(17 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm)GMitchelhill Erm no. Back then most enthusiasts weren't getting over excitied about pieces of plastic or paint jobs. There was still decent haulage to be had from step entrance vehicles back then.

Fleet conditions were never the greatest back then, but you never got petty arguments about colours and stickers. There was so much variety back then, and you could have some cracking haulage without going too far at all.

I just wish I took more photos back then.

18 Jun 2016, 11:10 am #419
(18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am)Adrian It's still recorded as a passenger boarding at that stop though, isn't it? I use my Arriva paper ticket every day, and the driver presses something on the ETM. Same as when I've just used a Go North East mTicket. I assume that this is recording me boarding?

That was my exact point.  No-one can give precise figures on passenger journeys.  'The service carries 12 people over a day' can be measured because that's registered on the machine, but you can't accurately claim that '3 people over the whole day traveled between Newcastle and Bensham' if the service continues through to Stanley.
palatine3833
18 Jun 2016, 11:10 am #419

(18 Jun 2016, 10:37 am)Adrian It's still recorded as a passenger boarding at that stop though, isn't it? I use my Arriva paper ticket every day, and the driver presses something on the ETM. Same as when I've just used a Go North East mTicket. I assume that this is recording me boarding?

That was my exact point.  No-one can give precise figures on passenger journeys.  'The service carries 12 people over a day' can be measured because that's registered on the machine, but you can't accurately claim that '3 people over the whole day traveled between Newcastle and Bensham' if the service continues through to Stanley.

Adrian

18 Jun 2016, 11:19 am #420
(18 Jun 2016, 11:10 am)palatine3833 That was my exact point.  No-one can give precise figures on passenger journeys.  'The service carries 12 people over a day' can be measured because that's registered on the machine, but you can't accurately claim that '3 people over the whole day traveled between Newcastle and Bensham' if the service continues through to Stanley.

Plus it's a business park, so it would be a reasonable assumpton that people to have multi journey tickets.

I made the same points when the southern half of the X12 was turned into limited stop, and the same arguments were given back to me. Although no one has been able to tell me how alighting can be as accurately measured as boarding.

Adrian
18 Jun 2016, 11:19 am #420

(18 Jun 2016, 11:10 am)palatine3833 That was my exact point.  No-one can give precise figures on passenger journeys.  'The service carries 12 people over a day' can be measured because that's registered on the machine, but you can't accurately claim that '3 people over the whole day traveled between Newcastle and Bensham' if the service continues through to Stanley.

Plus it's a business park, so it would be a reasonable assumpton that people to have multi journey tickets.

I made the same points when the southern half of the X12 was turned into limited stop, and the same arguments were given back to me. Although no one has been able to tell me how alighting can be as accurately measured as boarding.

Pages (27) Previous 120 21 2227 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average