You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
(21 Jul 2016, 8:40 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote 7477 is at belmont do you not mean 7466

Post has been changed - 7458 the only one withdrawn from Blyth. 7477 is replaced by a B7TL at Durham.
(21 Jul 2016, 8:51 am)Kuyoyo wrote Post has been changed - 7458 the only one withdrawn from Blyth. 7477 is replaced by a B7TL at Durham.

Ok glad that the batch is starting to be withdrawn
Best bus ever
A Yorkshire Tiger Olympus has been kicking around today. Wherever its destination was (I know they end up at Thorntons quite a bit), it went via Belmont depot.
(21 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm)S813 FVK wrote A Yorkshire Tiger Olympus has been kicking around today. Wherever its destination was (I know they end up at Thorntons quite a bit), it went via Belmont depot.

Could be for Diagtest, I've heard they do some of their stuff there.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(21 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm)S813 FVK wrote A Yorkshire Tiger Olympus has been kicking around today. Wherever its destination was (I know they end up at Thorntons quite a bit), it went via Belmont depot.
(21 Jul 2016, 4:47 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Could be for Diagtest, I've heard they do some of their stuff there.

There's been one at Diagtest for a while - they are based in the same industrial estate as the depot.
Any idea if 2815 will be repainted and if the Solo's heading to Blyth will be repainted into standard livery or Frequenta livery etc???
(21 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm)peter wrote Any idea if 2815 will be repainted and if the Solo's heading to Blyth will be repainted into standard livery or Frequenta livery etc???

The Solos heading to Blyth are supposedly going via Thorntons for repaints - but considering 2806/31 are in fleet livery (2806 the old and 2831 the new) you would think they could possibly go direct to Blyth for type training with the other three going to Thorntons first.
(21 Jul 2016, 5:01 pm)Kuyoyo wrote There's been one at Diagtest for a while - they are based in the same industrial estate as the depot.

Ah so that's where Diagtest is. Always wondered although its mainly just down to curiosity. It did seem to go all the way around the roundabout before heading back suggesting that it was on a test.
(21 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The Solos heading to Blyth are supposedly going via Thorntons for repaints - but considering 2806/31 are in fleet livery (2806 the old and 2831 the new) you would think they could possibly go direct to Blyth for type training with the other three going to Thorntons first.

Seems strange that 2831 has been chosen as opposed to 2821 which is another of the current Nexus Solos
Are the darts on the 55 replacing what used to be the two full sized single deckers which used to interwork with the 54 and another question which has been bugging me recently is why did the interworking between the 54 and 55 stop,i apologise if its already been answered but i was missing off the forum for a long time
(22 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote Delays out of Darlington for today and  next week due to a minor road been shut for roadworks, you currently have 30 minute delays 30 minutes going up north road

The 13:20 21 from sunderland hasnt come and its 13:27 that explains it
Best bus ever
(21 Jul 2016, 5:01 pm)Kuyoyo wrote There's been one at Diagtest for a while - they are based in the same industrial estate as the depot.

DiagTest are actually based within Belmont Depot.
(20 Jul 2016, 10:02 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Now been noted elsewhere that 2602/3 are for disposal and 2601 is staying.

They are only 4.5 years old, why are they being scrapped?
(22 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm)NK53 TKT wrote They are only 4.5 years old, why are they being scrapped?

Not being scrapped, just leaving the ANE fleet.
I think some people are getting confused with the word 'disposal' by immediately thinking that it means to scrap something (which it can be but its overall meaning is just to get rid of).
.png disposal.png
(22 Jul 2016, 12:27 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote The 13:20  21 from sunderland hasnt come and its 13:27 that explains it

12:20 got terminated at peterlee

13:20 got terminated at peterlee due to being 30 mins late

14:20 got terminated at Sunderland due to arriving at Sunderland at 14:50

15:20 ran full service
(22 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm)LeeCalder wrote DiagTest are actually based within Belmont Depot.

DiagTest are based in Unit 5 of the Sunflag Industrial Estate, while Arriva are based in Units 1, 2 and 3. They're the same complex but not actually part of the same depot, although doors connect the two units together.
(22 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote 12:20 got terminated at peterlee

13:20 got terminated at peterlee due to being 30 mins late

14:20 got terminated at Sunderland due to arriving at Sunderland at 14:50

15:20 ran full service
Hope arriva put a shuttle x21 on so the darlington ones can ternamate at peterlee
Best bus ever
(22 Jul 2016, 8:19 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Hope arriva put a shuttle x21 on so the darlington ones can ternamate at peterlee
Won't happen.

Do feel for those of us who are directly affected by the disruption caused by these roadworks, I honestly don't know whether I will be able to get the X21/21 home from Sunderland tomorrow evening and all my buses have been running in the region of 30 minutes late all week and I foresee the 1, 5/5A getting a additional pounding from the event at Shildon Locomotion for the next week (based on my observations from the last big event held there). I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment.
(22 Jul 2016, 8:36 pm)Jimmi wrote Won't happen.

Do feel for those of us who are directly affected by the disruption caused by these roadworks, I honestly don't know whether I will be able to get the X21/21 home from Sunderland tomorrow evening and all my buses have been running in the region of 30 minutes late all week and I foresee the 1, 5/5A getting a additional pounding from the event at Shildon Locomotion for the next week (based on my observations from the last big event held there). I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment.

The roadworks in Darlington are due to last another week, so I suggest staying in the house all week especially with the locomotion event at Shildon
(22 Jul 2016, 9:06 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote The roadworks in Darlington are due to last another week, so I suggest staying in the house all week especially with the locomotion event at Shildon

Lots of congestion in Darlington today, with Sapphire E400s running out of service to get back on time. Even saw a service 4 having to miss its return journey to town and go back via Woodland Road to make up time.

Also this weekend only, Elm Ridge Roundabout is closed for resurfacing so there is a diversion on X75/X76
(22 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm)R852 PRG wrote DiagTest are based in Unit 5 of the Sunflag Industrial Estate, while Arriva are based in Units 1, 2 and 3. They're the same complex but not actually part of the same depot, although doors connect the two units together.

I think you'll find that DiagTest actually use the same facility as Arriva. since Sapphire vehicles are parked in the same unit as DiagTest on an evening.
(23 Jul 2016, 2:40 pm)John_R wrote Lots of congestion in Darlington today, with Sapphire E400s running out of service to get back on time. Even saw a service 4 having to miss its return journey to town and go back via Woodland Road to make up time.

Also this weekend only, Elm Ridge Roundabout is closed for resurfacing so there is a diversion on X75/X76

So in Darlington:

Whessoe bridge is shut for resurfacing work
A67 by the airport is shut for resurfacing
A66 great burdon sit for resurfacing
Elm ridge roundabout shut for resurfacing

4main roads out of Darlington shut for maintenance work
Does anyone know what the Quorum branded Solos do outside the peak service hours? Never seen one operate on any other route, whereas lately there's been a lot of Nexus branded and white Solos kicking around the 555
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(24 Jul 2016, 12:52 am)Ambassador wrote Does anyone know what the Quorum branded Solos do outside the peak service hours? Never seen one operate on any other route, whereas lately there's been a lot of Nexus branded and white Solos kicking around the 555

It used to do a service in Cramlimgton think it was the H1 or something but how that has been replaced with the 58 and Blytg do it I think. So don't think it does anything else anymore.

On the weekend it's often on Nexus contracts or sometimes other services (mainly the 51)
(24 Jul 2016, 1:04 am)Tom wrote It used to do a service in Cramlimgton think it was the H1 or something but how that has been replaced with the 58 and Blytg do it I think. So don't think it does anything else anymore.

On the weekend it's often on Nexus contracts or sometimes other services (mainly the 51)

Caught it on 55 a few times aswell,it was on the 55 yesterday just out of co incidence
As said yesterday in the Rare & Odd Workings thread, 7418 was on the 6 that ran onto the X12 yesterday:

[Image: 28233119180_32ee47549c_z.jpg]ARRIVA NORTH EAST 7418 LJ55BTV IS SEEN IN DURHAM ON 23 JULY 2016 by Ken Weaver, on Flickr

I only found this particularly noteworthy because I see it's front bumper has been repainted into the lighter shade of blue to allow the 'follow through' since it isn't completely cut off by the swoosh.