Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
(23 Jul 2016, 7:47 am)Jamie M wrote Why would this be operated by Riverside given the timetable states that 33 is between the Sunderland area? Logically, wouldn't this be put under deptford's control?

Nexus service 33 from Newcastle - the one currently operated by Kingsley's.
Site Administrator
(23 Jul 2016, 7:47 am)Jamie M wrote Why would this be operated by Riverside given the timetable states that 33 is between the Sunderland area? Logically, wouldn't this be put under deptford's control?

Service 33 is a new contract operating between Newcastle City Centre and Hollywood Avenue:
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...240716.pdf

It is currently operated by Kingsley's Coaches under contract to Nexus, but will be operated by Go North East from Sunday.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(23 Jul 2016, 7:49 am)Dan wrote Service 33 is a new contract operating between Newcastle City Centre and Hollywood Avenue:
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...240716.pdf

It is currently operated by Kingsley's Coaches under contract to Nexus, but will be operated by Go North East from Sunday.
Ah, thanks for that. These changes really haven't had much attention in the public domain.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Another question that's come to mind is why do GNE even need Crook depot? There's only 10 buses to which some are replaced by CLS buses at points during the day. I regularly see V338LGC operate CLS' 21 and CLS tridents crop up on the X21, and after a certain time and sundays - the whole X21 route ran by CLS.
(23 Jul 2016, 7:54 am)Jamie M wrote Another question that's come to mind is why do GNE even need Crook depot? There's only 10 buses to which some are replaced by CLS buses at points during the day. I regularly see V338LGC operate CLS' 21 and CLS tridents crop up on the X21, and after a certain time and sundays - the whole X21 route ran by CLS.

6301-6307 and 571/572 are all based at Crook depot. They are only swapped if they need maintenance. It has been said that 6038 has transferred from Crook to Chester-le-Street (in reality but not on paper) due to an issue meaning Crook do not have a set spare for the full X21 and it changes every day.
(23 Jul 2016, 7:28 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Dan said it was from civic centre

I'm only going by information that was online in black and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's commercially cheaper to run the X21 from Crook ...

Light mileage is saved etc etc

And it would cost a lot to send 2 x 18s down to Bishop everyday, plus changeovers for drivers it would need
(23 Jul 2016, 7:39 am)Dan wrote No - that would be Tynedale Links 556 (as confirmed here yesterday).

554 will be used on the ASDA bus, allowing 557 to be used alongside 547 (which has transferred to Riverside from Stanley) on service 33.

Ah right makes sense thank you
JMoss
Anyone know where the 11 will be stopping in Gateshead heading to Whitley Bay? Will it be the stop where most of the buses stop going to Newcastle or where the 1 stops now to Whitley Bay.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(23 Jul 2016, 9:46 am)Tom wrote Anyone know where the 11 will be stopping in Gateshead heading to Whitley Bay? Will it be the stop where most of the buses stop going to Newcastle or where the 1 stops now to Whitley Bay.
It would be nice if it ran into and from eldon square, but there's always too much traffic which i would imagine would create some bottlenecks on a route that long.
(23 Jul 2016, 7:39 am)Dan wrote No - that would be Tynedale Links 556 (as confirmed here yesterday).

554 will be used on the ASDA bus, allowing 557 to be used alongside 547 (which has transferred to Riverside from Stanley) on service 33.

Just wondering why 547 is being used when, as far as I'm aware, the PVR of the existing Nesux work is 4 but there are 6 Nexus Solo SRs at Riverside...could one of these not have been used instead???
(23 Jul 2016, 10:09 am)Jamie M wrote It would be nice if it ran into and from eldon square, but there's always too much traffic which i would imagine would create some bottlenecks on a route that long.

Yeah the traffic would be a nightmare and Market Street it probably the best because thats where the 1 and 22 stop going that way.
I'm not sure its been asked but if it has sorry..

What will be allocated to the 554? (Newcastle - Regent Centre - Four Lane Ends - Quorum)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(23 Jul 2016, 12:02 pm)Michael wrote I'm not sure its been asked but if it has sorry..

What will be allocated to the 554? (Newcastle - Regent Centre - Four Lane Ends - Quorum)

Ironically... 554!

It will interwork with the Byker ASDA service.
(23 Jul 2016, 12:04 pm)Dan wrote Ironically... 554!

It will interwork with the Byker ASDA service.

Tongue!, GNE worked that out well haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote TEN 10/10A/10B/10X, Angel 21, indiGo North Tyne 40/41/42 , Citylink 58, Cobalt Clipper 309/310/X39 and Quaylink Q1/Q2/Q3 are all planned to be voiced by Emma Hignett in the near future.

Excellent news  Big Grin
(22 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote and Quaylink Q1/Q2/Q3 are all planned to be voiced by Emma Hignett in the near future.

Shame about Alan Robson going from Quaylink, he adds a positive local flavour.

Although I'm cynical about the benefit of NSA to DDA, a local flavour is nice compared to the pretty monotone voice of Emma (maybe corporate is a better word) especially when most businesses are now going the opposite route and providing a more approachable local voice
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
I gotta say it was pretty sad riding the last ever 17 last night,it was kinda an end of an era,11 and 42 start today
(24 Jul 2016, 9:53 am)V514DFT wrote I gotta say it was pretty sad riding the last ever 17 last night,it was kinda an end of an era,11 and 42 start today

I agree.  I can remember the 317 using Atlanteans and Olympians, then it went all modern with the Optare Excels.  Route never changed for years either, Whitley Bay to North Shields Ferry via Preston Grange.
(24 Jul 2016, 9:59 am)citaro5284 wrote I agree.  I can remember the 317 using Atlanteans and Olympians, then it went all modern with the Optare Excels.  Route never changed for years either, Whitley Bay to North Shields Ferry via Preston Grange.

I felt the same with the 11, Don't know how long it ran but I've loved everytime I rode it.
I mostly had B10BLEs on It but had 4930 yesterday.

Does anyone know how long it operated for?
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Presumably the 10 PVR will have been increased to cater for the extension to Blackhall Mill. What with?

Sorry if this info has already been posted.
Site Administrator
(24 Jul 2016, 10:14 am)grandad wrote Presumably the 10 PVR will have been increased to cater for the extension to Blackhall Mill.  What with?

Sorry if this info has already been posted.

Two Wright Eclipse Gemini bodied Volvo B7s.
(24 Jul 2016, 10:03 am)South Tyne Lad wrote I felt the same with the 11, Don't know how long it ran but I've loved everytime I rode it.
I mostly had B10BLEs on It but had 4930 yesterday.

Does anyone know how long it operated for?

Im gonna hazard a guess of about 4 years,im probably wrong but i know the 11 wasnt as old as the 10/A,i know the 11A was round about 2012/13,but not sure if the 11 was introduced at the same time,i too remember the 317 but not sure what year the '3' was dropped and became the 17,i remember the 319 too,used it all the time with my grandad as he lives in west bailey,then obviously pink panther 81,but now its a totally different route,17 did the rounds for us for 5 and a half years
The old 11 was created whenever the 69A was renumbered 67 and made to run between Metrocentre and Wardley only. I would say this was around 2013 as the 10B was introduced to replace the 11 to Low Prudhoe allowing the 11 to replace the 69A from Blackhall Mill (since that part of the route is secured by Nexus).
(24 Jul 2016, 9:53 am)V514DFT wrote I gotta say it was pretty sad riding the last ever 17 last night,it was kinda an end of an era,11 and 42 start today

Yeah some form of it was around since I can remember! Had my last ride on a Phoenix ex Weardale solo last night, never been on the GNE one for ages.

The 11 seems to be Solos today