Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191) Previous 1133 134 135191 Next
Jimmi

17 Aug 2016, 4:28 pm #2,661
(16 Aug 2016, 10:25 pm)GMitchelhill Actually the 77 and 206 tend to share vehicles. It did when I was in the Lakes the other week.

Also the Volvo Olympian always seems to be used on the 508.

It wasn't today! Open Top ALX400 appeared instead.

Also got sausage and chips in Carlisle and I dropped the sausage. Would you believe that I did the same the last time I visited Carlisle. Chips weren't great either which made the whole thing even worse.
Jimmi
17 Aug 2016, 4:28 pm #2,661

(16 Aug 2016, 10:25 pm)GMitchelhill Actually the 77 and 206 tend to share vehicles. It did when I was in the Lakes the other week.

Also the Volvo Olympian always seems to be used on the 508.

It wasn't today! Open Top ALX400 appeared instead.

Also got sausage and chips in Carlisle and I dropped the sausage. Would you believe that I did the same the last time I visited Carlisle. Chips weren't great either which made the whole thing even worse.

MVK 500R

18 Aug 2016, 9:47 am #2,662
Being sent to work in Durham from North Shields. £2.80 on the 306 to town then another £1.70 to go 2 stops on the Metro. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
MVK 500R
18 Aug 2016, 9:47 am #2,662

Being sent to work in Durham from North Shields. £2.80 on the 306 to town then another £1.70 to go 2 stops on the Metro. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

18 Aug 2016, 2:46 pm #2,663
To unwell to go swimming today

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
18 Aug 2016, 2:46 pm #2,663

To unwell to go swimming today

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Jimmi

19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm #2,664
Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening, it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.
Jimmi
19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm #2,664

Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening, it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.

BusLoverMum

19 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm #2,665
(19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening,  it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.
IIRC, if it's a registered service, it needs to be DDA compliant, to the relevant spec.

I wouldn't take it personally. It's a rather lovely vehicle, aesthetically, so well worth a photo. Some people just like arguing the toss about stuff.
BusLoverMum
19 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm #2,665

(19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening,  it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.
IIRC, if it's a registered service, it needs to be DDA compliant, to the relevant spec.

I wouldn't take it personally. It's a rather lovely vehicle, aesthetically, so well worth a photo. Some people just like arguing the toss about stuff.

19 Aug 2016, 11:59 pm #2,666
Thing is, that the vehicle concerned is taxed and licensed as a coach, and legally can be used on normal stagecarriage services regardless until the deadline in 2020. For Example, Arriva could as well continued using the DAF SB3000 coaches on the 685 until 2020, it would have been an unwise move, but nothing would have stopped them. Loads of companies still use coaches, for example Wright Brothers still use one on the 888. So it's all legal and above board until 2020.

Rapidsnap
19 Aug 2016, 11:59 pm #2,666

Thing is, that the vehicle concerned is taxed and licensed as a coach, and legally can be used on normal stagecarriage services regardless until the deadline in 2020. For Example, Arriva could as well continued using the DAF SB3000 coaches on the 685 until 2020, it would have been an unwise move, but nothing would have stopped them. Loads of companies still use coaches, for example Wright Brothers still use one on the 888. So it's all legal and above board until 2020.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Aug 2016, 7:17 am #2,667
(19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening, it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.
Just an argument for argument sake, it is like people will say 'I aint caused an argument today, I think I will start one just for the pure hell of it'

Obviously if it is normally allocated a low floor bus then whereever possible it should be a low floor bus, but if theres none spare, then it is a case of tough tits.

Just think of uproar if the service was not run because Stagecoach cancelled the service because of lack of low floor vehicles, there would be an even bigger argument.

Can you disable comments on Flickr Pics or delete posts when an argument starts?
Edited 20 Aug 2016, 7:23 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
20 Aug 2016, 7:17 am #2,667

(19 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Posted this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv in a Facebook yesterday evening, it has attracted many likes but unfortunately it has sparked a huge debate regarding the fact that this was allocated to this service with arguments thrown in regarding DDA and PSVAR, the argument is that some are claiming that it doesn't meet PSVAR regulations and it shouldn't be used on public service work etc. as the usual buses are low floor easy access buses, my understanding is that coaches are fine to be used on normal service work until January 2020, so really there is nothing to stop Stagecoach allocating this or a similar coach that doesn't meet PSVAR regulations until January 2020 comes but this isn't good for them and continued the argument stating that it's a coach and not a bus and thereby shouldn't be used on the service and it's just gone on and on, the simple fact is they are wrong and continue to argument their statement which is incorrect, comical moment was them sending a link that included a statement stating that he's wrong and the other people in this debate are correct, I got red up by this point and quoted the statement that states their case on the matter is wrong and I felt the need to include the fact that I regretted uploading the photo there as a result of this argument and apologised to the people who've had to see this argument constantly popping up over the last 23 hours.
Just an argument for argument sake, it is like people will say 'I aint caused an argument today, I think I will start one just for the pure hell of it'

Obviously if it is normally allocated a low floor bus then whereever possible it should be a low floor bus, but if theres none spare, then it is a case of tough tits.

Just think of uproar if the service was not run because Stagecoach cancelled the service because of lack of low floor vehicles, there would be an even bigger argument.

Can you disable comments on Flickr Pics or delete posts when an argument starts?

Jimmi

20 Aug 2016, 11:36 am #2,668
For some reason since Tapatalk updated this morning, I am now getting notifications for every post made. Anyone know how to stop it doing this whilst still keeping notifications on for things I have subscribed to and not turning notifications off completely?

Also when you open a thread, it now opens on the last read post.
Jimmi
20 Aug 2016, 11:36 am #2,668

For some reason since Tapatalk updated this morning, I am now getting notifications for every post made. Anyone know how to stop it doing this whilst still keeping notifications on for things I have subscribed to and not turning notifications off completely?

Adrian

20 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm #2,669
(20 Aug 2016, 11:36 am)Jimmi For some reason since Tapatalk updated this morning, I am now getting notifications for every post made. Anyone know how to stop it doing this whilst still keeping notifications on for things I have subscribed to and not turning notifications off completely?

Tapatalk has become really poor nowadays. I've uninstalled, and I prefer to use the forum's mobile view instead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm #2,669

(20 Aug 2016, 11:36 am)Jimmi For some reason since Tapatalk updated this morning, I am now getting notifications for every post made. Anyone know how to stop it doing this whilst still keeping notifications on for things I have subscribed to and not turning notifications off completely?

Tapatalk has become really poor nowadays. I've uninstalled, and I prefer to use the forum's mobile view instead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

20 Aug 2016, 6:23 pm #2,670
Every bloody time I get the X66 to Darlington where there is a possibility of catching the 5/5A home from Harrowgate Hill, we get to Harrowgate Hill Roundabout and I get treated to the sight of the 5/5A going round it.

Everytime...
Jimmi
20 Aug 2016, 6:23 pm #2,670

Every bloody time I get the X66 to Darlington where there is a possibility of catching the 5/5A home from Harrowgate Hill, we get to Harrowgate Hill Roundabout and I get treated to the sight of the 5/5A going round it.

Everytime...

21 Aug 2016, 7:55 am #2,671
I am going to be up all night since I fly home from Mallorca. My flight is TOM1791 and it leaves Palma at 02:40 and lands in Newcastle at 04:30. Painful! A very well deserved sleep tomorrow morning!
NK53 TKT
21 Aug 2016, 7:55 am #2,671

I am going to be up all night since I fly home from Mallorca. My flight is TOM1791 and it leaves Palma at 02:40 and lands in Newcastle at 04:30. Painful! A very well deserved sleep tomorrow morning!

Andreos1

21 Aug 2016, 12:22 pm #2,672
Not one from today. Does it still count?

Pleather seats on the bus when it's raining heavily outside.
Rather than absorb the dampness from people's clothing (like the traditional cloth types), the pleather let's it collect in puddles - rendering the seat pointless. 
Unless you want a wet ar$e.
Edited 21 Aug 2016, 12:22 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Aug 2016, 12:22 pm #2,672

Not one from today. Does it still count?

Pleather seats on the bus when it's raining heavily outside.
Rather than absorb the dampness from people's clothing (like the traditional cloth types), the pleather let's it collect in puddles - rendering the seat pointless. 
Unless you want a wet ar$e.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm #2,673
Toughie today...

Found out my partners granddad died this afternoon, he had been in hospital now for nearly 3 months and had been very unwell for the last 6 weeks...

The hard thing is trying to explain to a 5 year old that she will never see her Granda Eddie again ...

Though I am taking her out on a little bus outing to help give my partner a rest one day in the week

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
21 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm #2,673

Toughie today...

Found out my partners granddad died this afternoon, he had been in hospital now for nearly 3 months and had been very unwell for the last 6 weeks...

The hard thing is trying to explain to a 5 year old that she will never see her Granda Eddie again ...

Though I am taking her out on a little bus outing to help give my partner a rest one day in the week

21 Aug 2016, 11:03 pm #2,674
(21 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm)MrFozz Toughie today...

The hard thing is trying to explain  to a 5 year old that she will never see her Granda Eddie again ...

Sorry to hear that Fozz, Hope your well.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
21 Aug 2016, 11:03 pm #2,674

(21 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm)MrFozz Toughie today...

The hard thing is trying to explain  to a 5 year old that she will never see her Granda Eddie again ...

Sorry to hear that Fozz, Hope your well.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Jimmi

22 Aug 2016, 10:31 am #2,676
Massive delays at Beaumont Hill in Darlington (again!) because they've put temporary traffic lights out because there is a bloke out with a strimmer, nowhere near the edge of the road!

FFS, bloody Darlington Borough Council!!!
Jimmi
22 Aug 2016, 10:31 am #2,676

Massive delays at Beaumont Hill in Darlington (again!) because they've put temporary traffic lights out because there is a bloke out with a strimmer, nowhere near the edge of the road!

LeeCalder

22 Aug 2016, 10:33 am #2,677
(22 Aug 2016, 10:31 am)Jimmi Massive delays at Beaumont Hill in Darlington (again!) because they've put temporary traffic lights out because there is a bloke out with a strimmer, nowhere near the edge of the road!

That's health and safety unfortunately... But, if that bloke with a strimmer wasn't there, people would moan about the council not looking after the local area.
LeeCalder
22 Aug 2016, 10:33 am #2,677

(22 Aug 2016, 10:31 am)Jimmi Massive delays at Beaumont Hill in Darlington (again!) because they've put temporary traffic lights out because there is a bloke out with a strimmer, nowhere near the edge of the road!

That's health and safety unfortunately... But, if that bloke with a strimmer wasn't there, people would moan about the council not looking after the local area.

Jimmi

22 Aug 2016, 11:12 am #2,678
(22 Aug 2016, 10:33 am)LeeCalder That's health and safety unfortunately... But, if that bloke with a strimmer wasn't there, people would moan about the council not looking after the local area.

I'd argue that causing delays on such a frequent basis is not looking after the local area myself

I obviously get it's for health and safety but I wonder if it was really necessary to shut a lane for about half a mile just to put two vans at very end of it, especially when there is a dropped kerb wide enough to accommodate those vans, or are they worried that they may get a fine... From themselves?

Me and everyone else is fed up with the seemingly constant works and delays in this area for the last few years, happens far too often yet other parts of Darlington don't get anything like this anywhere near as often. Driver on the 5A commented by saying "there's always something down here" and then said "all that for a bloke out with a strimmer"

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!
Jimmi
22 Aug 2016, 11:12 am #2,678

(22 Aug 2016, 10:33 am)LeeCalder That's health and safety unfortunately... But, if that bloke with a strimmer wasn't there, people would moan about the council not looking after the local area.

I'd argue that causing delays on such a frequent basis is not looking after the local area myself

I obviously get it's for health and safety but I wonder if it was really necessary to shut a lane for about half a mile just to put two vans at very end of it, especially when there is a dropped kerb wide enough to accommodate those vans, or are they worried that they may get a fine... From themselves?

Me and everyone else is fed up with the seemingly constant works and delays in this area for the last few years, happens far too often yet other parts of Darlington don't get anything like this anywhere near as often. Driver on the 5A commented by saying "there's always something down here" and then said "all that for a bloke out with a strimmer"

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!

S813 FVK

22 Aug 2016, 11:16 am #2,679
Health and Safety does seem to be far too strict these days. What more of a risk does traffic pose to a person with a strimmer compared to a normal pedestrian walking along the same road.
S813 FVK
22 Aug 2016, 11:16 am #2,679

Health and Safety does seem to be far too strict these days. What more of a risk does traffic pose to a person with a strimmer compared to a normal pedestrian walking along the same road.

MVK 500R

22 Aug 2016, 12:04 pm #2,680
Driver of 680 thinking he's Michael Schumacher.

MVK 500R
22 Aug 2016, 12:04 pm #2,680

Driver of 680 thinking he's Michael Schumacher.

Pages (191) Previous 1133 134 135191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average