Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016
(30 Aug 2016, 7:14 am)Designline wrote What is Happening with the Y-ERG solars( sorry I am not very good with bus bodies so if I am wrong please tell me) are they due to be scrapped or are they staying as they are reaching the same age group as most withdrawn buses

I'd say that they'll be of next year possibly when the angel gets new buses the hybrids can either go on the crusader or the coaster either way buses will be displaced from this.
Best bus ever
Jamie M
Unregistered
I don't even know what 4900 sounds like now. Used to be like a streetlite but it's moved to a higher pitch.
(29 Aug 2016, 9:29 am)Michael wrote Has anymore buses arrived from Brighton?

I saw a B&H omnidekka next to the Falcons Nest pub yesterday at 7pm, could this be returning from the Tall Ships?
Jamie M
Unregistered
(30 Aug 2016, 9:15 am)NK53 TKT wrote I saw a B&H omnidekka next to the Falcons Nest pub yesterday at 7pm, could this be returning from the Tall Ships?
There is one still in BAH livery.
(30 Aug 2016, 9:12 am)Jamie M wrote I don't even know what 4900 sounds like now. Used to be like a streetlite but it's moved to a higher pitch.

It's awful used to be a personal favourite before but it's worse than 8306
Best bus ever
Jamie M
Unregistered
(30 Aug 2016, 9:35 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote It's awful used to be a personal favourite before but it's worse than 8306
Aye, a lot of buses are deteriorating. Most omnicities are rattling every second and ceiling panels falling or hanging down. 5254 is still pretty decent like. Citaros, particularly at stanley are having a nightmare closing their doors now. Most of the b7 presidents lack power etc. It's not going to be long until there's quite a lot of practically dead buses.
(30 Aug 2016, 9:43 am)Jamie M wrote Aye, a lot of buses are deteriorating. Most omnicities are rattling every second and ceiling panels falling or hanging down. 5254 is still pretty decent like. Citaros, particularly at stanley are having a nightmare closing their doors now. Most of the b7 presidents lack power etc. It's not going to be long until there's quite a lot of practically dead buses.

Hate the Omnicities not to keen on the omnideckas either much preferred the olympians.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(30 Aug 2016, 9:46 am)Brian13 wrote Hate the Omnicities not to keen on the omnideckas either much preferred the olympians.
Olympians still going strong. Most omnidekkas are in good shape. GX03SVA broke down going downhill once, but other than that they're good motors. Could do with a deep clean and refurb though. I feel that won't happen as they're already 13/14 years old and will be replaced again in a couple of years max. Feels like theyre just at stanley to meet ends rather than actually where they're better suited, probably to cascade and replace the B7 presidents once they die off.
(30 Aug 2016, 9:50 am)Jamie M wrote Olympians still going strong. Most omnidekkas are in good shape. GX03SVA broke down going downhill once, but other than that they're good motors. Could do with a deep clean and refurb though. I feel that won't happen as they're already 13/14 years old and will be replaced again in a couple of years max. Feels like theyre just at stanley to meet ends rather than actually where they're better suited, probably to cascade and replace the B7 presidents once they die off.

Agreed. Not to keen on their interiors either. Dunno why GNE keep buying buses that are 13+ years old. Happened with the B7s
Jamie M
Unregistered
(30 Aug 2016, 9:53 am)Brian13 wrote Agreed. Not to keen on their interiors either. Dunno why GNE keep buying buses that are 13+ years old. Happened with the B7s
They get them sent from other areas. If it costs out, which i doubt it would given theyre both gne subsidies, it'll be next to nothing and provides a working solution. Stanleys express services wont ever get new investments, or not any time soon so they just get whatever is needed and cheapest rather than new buses filled with optional extras.
Jamie M
Unregistered
What happened to 6133 given it is a metro radio advertisement?
(30 Aug 2016, 9:43 am)Jamie M wrote Aye, a lot of buses are deteriorating. Most omnicities are rattling every second and ceiling panels falling or hanging down.

The Omnicities on the X84/X85 rattle (front suspension?) and have transmission 'whine'.

As long as they make noise the bits are still there . . .

The ceiling panels broke a long time ago and have been 'fixed' to remain in place.
(30 Aug 2016, 9:43 am)Jamie M wrote Aye, a lot of buses are deteriorating. Most omnicities are rattling every second and ceiling panels falling or hanging down. 5254 is still pretty decent like. Citaros, particularly at stanley are having a nightmare closing their doors now. Most of the b7 presidents lack power etc. It's not going to be long until there's quite a lot of practically dead buses.

The Omnicitys have rattled a lot from new, It's just the build quality of them, Absolutely Sh*te.

Again, happened since new. Though has improved a bit since most had there Door Open Brake disabled, Meaning the driver doesn't have to wait until the door has reset and closed in this instance and can pretty much drive off while closing like in a conventional bus.

Also to note is the Presidents lack 40 more horses compared to the B7 Geminis.
Early B7s were fitted with a 210hp Engine while later examples 2001 and after were fitted with 250hp engines.
Also the Presidents don't have kickdown enabled gearboxes, While the Geminis do.
A underpowered bus with no kickdown compared to a heavier powered bus with kickdown will surely make a a difference between them.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
626 on the 516 looking very smart in corporate livery first time I've seen a solo in gne standard apart from in photos.
Can somebody confirm the Omnidekka allocations please. I know 6122-33 are at Stanley. Thanks
(30 Aug 2016, 4:23 pm)Brian13 wrote Can somebody confirm the Omnidekka allocations please. I know 6122-33 are at Stanley. Thanks

http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gn...o=Fleet+No.®=Registration&chassis=Chassis&bodywork=OmniDekka&depot=Depot&livery=Livery&year=Year&euro=Euro&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

6135 is listed as ''Unallocated'' but has gone to/is expected to go to Crook to release their Volvo B7TL to Chester. 6135 was in Chester-le-Street being prepared for service a few days ago, not sure if its since moved to Crook.
(30 Aug 2016, 4:23 pm)Brian13 wrote Can somebody confirm the Omnidekka allocations please. I know 6122-33 are at Stanley. Thanks

6139 is at Stanley as it was on the northerns
Best bus ever
(30 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote The Omnicitys have rattled a lot from new, It's just the build quality of them, Absolutely Sh*te.

Again, happened since new. Though has improved a bit since most had there Door Open Brake disabled, Meaning the driver doesn't have to wait until the door has reset and closed in this instance and can pretty much drive off while closing like in a conventional bus.

Also to note is the Presidents lack 40 more horses compared to the B7 Geminis.
Early B7s were fitted with a 210hp Engine while later examples 2001 and after were fitted with 250hp engines.
Also the Presidents don't have kickdown enabled gearboxes, While the Geminis do.
A underpowered bus with no kickdown compared to a heavier powered bus with kickdown will surely make a a difference between them.

All of the omnicities ive been on still have the door brake feature on.
(30 Aug 2016, 5:59 pm)dannygee wrote All of the omnicities ive been on still have the door brake feature on.

I wasn't talking about Omnicitys on that bit.

Yes, All Omnicitys bar 5259 still retain there door open brake.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

6122-33 Stanley
6134 Chester
6135 Crook
6136-9 Stanley
6140 Chester 
3995-6 Stanley 

So 18 at Stanley, 2 at Chester 1 at Crook
(30 Aug 2016, 7:21 pm)pdiddy wrote 6122-33 Stanley
6134 Chester
6135 Crook
6136-9 Stanley
6140 Chester 
3995-6 Stanley 

So 18 at Stanley, 2 at Chester 1 at Crook
Thankyou very much
Hate GNEs new website. The new contracts aren't on such as the nexus 13 and 554 or the 960. Plus the 37 is still there. Never loads properly or has our services which I found quite helpful.
(30 Aug 2016, 8:37 pm)Brian13 wrote Hate GNEs new website. The new contracts aren't on such as the nexus 13 and 554 or the 960. Plus the 37 is still there. Never loads properly or has our services which I found quite helpful.

You're right about the other two, but the 554 is on the website:
http://www.gonortheast.co.uk/timesfares/554#timetable

It was suggested that there was a reason why the Nexus contracted services were not put on the website although it was never stated, nor can i see a reason why they shouldn't but hopefully something is sorted soon.
(30 Aug 2016, 8:43 pm)S813 FVK wrote You're right about the other two, but the 554 is on the website:
http://www.gonortheast.co.uk/timesfares/554#timetable

It was suggested that there was a reason why the Nexus contracted services were not put on the website although it was never stated, nor can i see a reason why they shouldn't but hopefully something is sorted soon.

Oops didn't see that 554. Just assumed it would be missing like the othets. I hope so too. Have to go to Nexus website for the gne nexus runs. 960 is still down as Kingsleys on there though.
They've made it really hard to find diversion news, especially on the mobile view.

I find the site pleasantly...bland
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(28 Aug 2016, 12:03 pm)S813 FVK wrote St Bede's Lanchester have requested a fuller explanation as to why the school buses have been excluded from the £1 scheme. The statement is expected on Tuesday.

The statement has now been released:

"Our buses to St Bede's Lanchester are dedicated buses that provide a door to door service, picking pupils up near to their homes, and taking them directly to, and from, the school grounds, at starting and finishing times, without the need to change buses. They are operated as part of a partnership with the school, and we work with them to amend the routes in line with the changing number of pupils each year, and adjust the number and capacity of buses that we use in order to ensure that all pupils are accommodated, currently providing 12 buses.

As they are not part of our normal local bus network, they do have a higher cost of operation as many of the buses are used solely for these services, yet still need to be taxed, insured, maintained and staff employed to drive them. Therefore, we are unable to offer our new £1 fares for people aged 18 and under on these services. However, as part of our partnership with the school, we offer all pupils at St Bede's in years 7 to 11 a discounted ticket for just ten monthly payments of £47 (equivalent to a daily return fare, over the school year, of less than £2.50 per day). These tickets give travel to and from school before 6pm on schooldays on any Go North East bus, are loaded onto our "key" smartcard, and are the best value ticket for pupils.

There are no changes to the other fares charged on these services.

Whilst there are a small number of other bus services that operate through Lanchester, these are not timed to coincide with the school start and finish times, do not enter the school grounds and capacity on them is limited.

Full details are available at http://www.gonortheast.co.uk/stbedes/"
(30 Aug 2016, 9:46 am)Brian13 wrote Hate the Omnicities not to keen on the omnideckas either much preferred the olympians.

It's telling that the Lolynes are out before the last of the Olympians. Mind, a few did help themselves along the way, in the past year or so.

I love the Omnicities and think it's a shame they're not aging well. Same with the Citaros - the best ones are the best single deckers out, but they're showing their age, already.
(30 Aug 2016, 10:13 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I love the Omnicities and think it's a shame they're not aging well. Same with the Citaros - the best ones are the best single deckers out, but they're showing their age, already.

The Omnicities have never had an easy life mind, be interesting to see how the Streetlite perform after a while. My first experience of them was when Stanley ran them on the 709 and 728, bear in mind we were on either DAFs or Deltas then, it was a hell of an upgrade.

Then they turned up on the 21. Performance wise they were fine, capacity and suitability...well, let's hope someone got fired.

I do like the premium feel of the Citaro. The Versa and Streetlites just feel like the entry level trim...in fact more aptly they are the Dacia of the bus world, cheaper, economic, easy to repair but short on aesthetics and passenger comfort
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(30 Aug 2016, 10:34 pm)Ambassador wrote The Omnicities have never had an easy life mind, be interesting to see how the Streetlite perform after a while. My first experience of them was when Stanley ran them on the 709 and 728, bear in mind we were on either DAFs or Deltas then, it was a hell of an upgrade.

Then they turned up on the 21. Performance wise they were fine, capacity and suitability...well, let's hope someone got fired.

I do like the premium feel of the Citaro. The Versa and Streetlites just feel like the entry level trim...in fact more aptly they are the Dacia of the bus world, cheaper, economic, easy to repair but short on aesthetics and passenger comfort

Should see the state of 8302-8305. Tongue