You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Weardale
(16 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm)stueybish wrote 8WMS was involved in a pretty nasty RTA in France last year. Was led to believe it was going back to Van Hool for repair after the French authorities were finished with it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I can still recall when Weardale got there first Vanhool in the early 1990s about the same time Bonds got a Metroliner i often wonder if Bonds had still been trading would they have become as big as Weardale seem to have in the last few years.
PB0002406/21 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walbottle Campus and Kenton Bar given service number 146 effective from 04-Sep-2016.

PB0002406/64 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between WEST ROAD ( PENDOWER SCH STOP) and KENTON COMPREHENSIVE given service number SCH 110 effective from 04-Sep-2016.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Sep 2016, 9:33 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Y555elf  (D16WMS ) was on the 941 yesterday,  what's the usual allocation

Been SN03 EBK during the school holidays although the evolution normally runs it on term time
(07 Sep 2016, 5:21 pm)BUSFAN wrote Looks liike a very recent addition wonder what it has replaced.

Weardale have gained a few extra scholars. Could be an extra or maybe a trident
Weardale
Bit late but, on VOSA today:

PB0002406/24 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Killhope/ Cowshill and Bishop Auckland given service number 101/102 effective from 06-Sep-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002406/76 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between The Dene, Medomsly and Consett Academy given service number 805 effective from 06-Sep-2016. To amend Timetable.
Weardale currently have the use of Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 - SN15 LLA, presumably a demonstration loan. It was on the 101 this afternoon.
[Image: 29989912404_d159b15a5a.jpg]Weardale Motor Services: SN15LLA by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Stagecarriage loaned this bus roughly a year ago.
(10 Dec 2016, 9:44 pm)BUSFAN wrote Wonder what is going to replace this.

Quite likely to fund a new arrival of some sort, Hopefully the Euro 6 Demo Citaro has favoured well with them, As they traditionally buy full size rigid single deckers instead of the likes of Streetlites etc.

Though I wonder why only one is leaving.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(10 Dec 2016, 10:53 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Quite likely to fund a new arrival of some sort, Hopefully the Euro 6 Demo Citaro has favoured well with them, As they traditionally buy full size rigid single deckers instead of the likes of Streetlites etc.

Though I wonder why only one is leaving.
The one that is leaving used to be a demo for M.A.N i seem  to recall it arrived in 2010 where the other W6WMS was new in April 2009 to Weardale.
What is now W666WMS, originally an 08 reg, came as a two door Airport bus with luggage racks along the front half. Weardale converted it to "normal" and unless you're a nut & bolt counter you can't tell the difference - although one has six gears, the other only four and I can't remember which is which. Rumour has it Enviro 200s are most likely now, but if so I hope they're better than the demo they had a couple of month ago, which for performance and passenger comfort was a definite step down from the current MANs. However, the two Citaro demonstrators they've had (66 reg last week, 14 reg last year - the same one GNE had some time before) were great, comfortable for passengers and liked by drivers, but it seems the 66 reg wasn't as fuel efficient as hoped.
(11 Dec 2016, 1:26 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote What is now W666WMS, originally an 08 reg, came as a two door Airport bus with luggage racks along the front half. Weardale converted it to "normal" and unless you're a nut & bolt counter you can't tell the difference - although one has six gears, the other only four and I can't remember which is which. Rumour has it Enviro 200s are most likely now, but if so I hope they're better than the demo they had a couple of month ago, which for performance and passenger comfort was a definite step down from the current MANs. However, the two Citaro demonstrators they've had (16 reg last week, 14 reg last year - the same one GNE had some time before) were great, comfortable for passengers and liked by drivers, but it seems the 16 reg wasn't as fuel efficient as hoped.

I can recall when it was at Gardiners getting converted to single door layout i know it wont happen but would be nice to see Weardale buy a brand new Decker as the last one bought new was GUP 6H and that was decades ago.May i ask is the Frosterley yard now empty as not been up the dale for quite a while now
Cheers X6 WMS is the one that slipped off the road coming back to Stanhope across the moors last Winter does not seem all that long ago when it arrived with Weardale but it was spring 2010.
(15 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm)BUSFAN wrote Cheers X6 WMS is the one that slipped off the road coming back to Stanhope across the moors last Winter does not seem all that long ago when it arrived with Weardale but it was spring 2010.

I remember that I lived in crook at the time I was at crook depot taking photos and speaking to the drivers that I new
Jmoss
Werdale have another demonstrator, this time in the form of Enviro200 MMC - YX65 RKK. Seen on the 101 this afternoon.
[Image: 31824809715_b15841683d.jpg]Weardale Motor Services: YX65RKK by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Both Weardale MAN Meridian's were at Stanhope depot this afternoon with the other 101 board being allocated a Solo.
(11 Feb 2017, 1:38 pm)BUSFAN wrote Weardale have a Yutong service bus on demo its doing the X21 route today

Looking at the photo's of the interior and comments on Jimmi's photo, it looks/sounds really unconformable, unfortunately i won't have a chance of riding it, due to work.    

Jimmi's photo can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...ateposted/

Credit to Jimmi.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Feb 2017, 1:32 pm)Michael wrote Looking at the photo's of the interior and comments on Jimmi's photo, it looks/sounds really unconformable, unfortunately i won't have a chance of riding it, due to work.    

Jimmi's photo can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...ateposted/

Credit to Jimmi.

I had a ride on it from Newcastle to Crook yesterday afternoon and let me tell you, those seats are really uncomfortable.

The thing is though, I actually thought it wasn't too bad a bus really, it performed alright (seemed to be doing around 55mph on the A1(M) and A167, didn't get much idea of its performance on hills. The interior is a bit drab, pretty much all grey and silver throughout. One intresting feature is the interior lights would be really bright when the doors were open but would dim when the doors closed.

For some reason it reminded me of Arriva's EcoCitys (especially 4812/4813) just with the interior seemingly being fairly similar. I actually didn't mind it, apart from the crap seats. I don't think it's a particularly good looking bus though IMO. I was expecting it to be much worse juding by the comments some enthusiasts made when it was on trial with Yourbus.