Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

What's annoying you today? V4 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V4

RE: What's annoying you today? V4
(16 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm)Ambassador wrote I'm having to go to Edinburgh on short notice tomorrow with work (on call joy)

Travel have booked me on a train without checking and I stupidly accepted.

East Coast mainline is closed between Berwick and Alnwick, so I've a whopping 3hr 6min journey from Newcastle to Edinburgh....I'm not best pleased!
That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.
(16 Sep 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi wrote That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.

If you book online, and its an advance purchase, do you not use the print at home function.  Tickets come by email and you just print them off onto a normal sheet of paper.  Saves all the hassle of going to collect them.
(17 Sep 2016, 5:19 am)citaro5284 wrote If you book online, and its an advance purchase, do you not use the print at home function.  Tickets come by email and you just print them off onto a normal sheet of paper.  Saves all the hassle of going to collect them.

Normally I select "collect from station" option and get them before departing the station on the date of travel, the above situation only occurred owing to a change of date, so I had to venture to Darlington Rail Station in order to get those original tickets in order to travel on my new date. Can't do print at home because I don't have a printer.
(16 Sep 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi wrote That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.

That is the reason I am doing that Tongue  
Quite cheap when I booked it
I ditched my return train from Virgin, booked a Cross Country and hoping for something interesting on the rail replacement.

I can't hack three hours to Edinburgh again
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(18 Sep 2016, 12:57 am)Ambassador wrote I ditched my return train from Virgin, booked a Cross Country and hoping for something interesting on the rail replacement.

I can't hack three hours to Edinburgh again

Whatever turns up on rail replacement, it's only taking you as far as Berwick?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Every morning being told I've exceeded my daily Wi-Fi allowance, when all I've done is refresh my facebook feed. Getting beyond a joke now.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
(20 Sep 2016, 6:59 am)MVK 500R wrote Every morning being told I've exceeded my daily Wi-Fi allowance, when all I've done is refresh my facebook feed. Getting beyond a joke now.

That's what happens to me too, and it seems to be for everyone on the vehicle too.

When you log in later in the day on the same route then it works.
Being sworn at by an idiotic bus passenger because he couldn't sit beside me because my bag was there. Or to put it a different way he could of if he'd asked politely instead of throwing his toys out the pram. If I see a more impolite person than him I'll eat the entire bus fleet.
(20 Sep 2016, 6:39 pm)neilwatson wrote Being sworn at by an idiotic bus passenger because he couldn't sit beside me because my bag was there. Or to put it a different way he could of if he'd asked politely instead of throwing his toys out the pram. If I see a more impolite person than him I'll eat the entire bus fleet.

Of course, if the bus was filling up, you could have pre-emptively moved your bag Smile
(20 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Of course, if the bus was filling up, you could have pre-emptively moved your bag Smile

Maybe but it wasn't covering the entire seat so he still had a chance to sit down.
(20 Sep 2016, 10:00 pm)neilwatson wrote Maybe but it wasn't covering the entire seat so he still had a chance to sit down.

I'm sure you'd have been thrilled if he'd sat on your bag. Courtesy works best in both directions.
(21 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I'm sure you'd have been thrilled if he'd sat on your bag. Courtesy works best in both directions.

Yes I agree, but I often feel that the layout of buses doesn't help matters either. If I'm carrying my work bag, then I've nowhere to put it on a bus. Most luggage racks are now filled with Metro newspaper racks. As I need to carry two laptops around with me for work, it's a bit bulky/heavy to have on my lap for the journey.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(21 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm)Adrian wrote Yes I agree, but I often feel that the layout of buses doesn't help matters either. If I'm carrying my work bag, then I've nowhere to put it on a bus. Most luggage racks are now filled with Metro newspaper racks. As I need to carry two laptops around with me for work, it's a bit bulky/heavy to have on my lap for the journey.

Aye, it's a pain in the arse, for sure, particularly when the floor is too filthy, usually with spilt drinks, to put bags down on the floor. That's usually fault of previous inconsiderate passengers, though.

Tge 64 is worst, particularly when it fills up with both shoppers and students.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(21 Sep 2016, 5:30 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Aye, it's a pain in the arse, for sure, particularly when the floor is too filthy, usually with spilt drinks, to put bags down on the floor. That's usually fault of previous inconsiderate passengers, though.

Tge 64 is worst, particularly when it fills up with both shoppers and students.

I just spent ages trying to figure out what company 'tge' was, before realising you meant 'the' >.<
The GNE 8/78 are the worst for this, though. Whenever I get on one it's full of bits of food and drink all over the chairs as well as the wrappers etc. The northerns mainly just have wrappers and tickets all over - still wouldn't want anything other than my shoes touching the floor, though!
(22 Sep 2016, 7:51 am)Jamie M wrote I just spent ages trying to figure out what company 'tge' was, before realising you meant 'the' >.<
The GNE 8/78 are the worst for this, though. Whenever I get on one it's full of bits of food and drink all over the chairs as well as the wrappers etc. The northerns mainly just have wrappers and tickets all over - still wouldn't want anything other than my shoes touching the floor, though!

Sorry. Fat fingers combined with a thick phone!

Aye, the C&C are often bogging.
Jamie M
Unregistered
I was stepping on to 5337 and the doors slammed, nearly jamming me.
First time a bus has tried to kill me.
(22 Sep 2016, 6:16 pm)Jamie M wrote I was stepping on to 5337 and the doors slammed, nearly jamming me.
First time a bus has tried to kill me.

Driver nearly closed the doors on me when I had 5325 on the 56.
(22 Sep 2016, 6:18 pm)Y935 ERG wrote Driver nearly closed the doors on me when I had 5325 on the 56.
Could be worse, could be the mid 80's where buses fitted with centre doors would try and kill you on a daily basis

Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level Tongue

I think this may seem a bit stupid to some of you...
Jamie M
Unregistered
(22 Sep 2016, 8:26 pm)EL1TE wrote Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level

I only twice took the scholars when I used to go to school. One service was dubbed the 'slave trade', (however politically incorrect that may be) due to the fact that it often was filled with standing - perhaps 20 students being turned away.

I rarely used to take the bus before last year, though. I went through an eco-activist stage. I still twist when 'Citaro' is brought up - some of Stanley's only manage 4/5mpg - if you know anything about 16/a, it's urban and not stopping too much for the majority of the trip.
Have had a pretty poor week or so, today I finally had a reasonably good day today, finally got round to doing the Spirit Buses services 15/16, was nice seeing the scenery and hearing the guided tour on the 16. Just a pity the day in typical fashion has gone to crap over THAT photo.

Seem to be causing nowt but bother and/or offence for my photo taking at the moment which is just leaving me feeling fed up.
(22 Sep 2016, 8:26 pm)EL1TE wrote Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level Tongue

I usually mutter and roll my eyes (and say something unrepeatable) when i find yet another Rattata Big Grin
(22 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm)Jamie M wrote I only twice took the scholars when I used to go to school. One service was dubbed the 'slave trade', (however politically incorrect that may be) due to the fact that it often was filled with standing - perhaps 20 students being turned away.

I rarely used to take the bus before last year, though. I went through an eco-activist stage. I still twist when  'Citaro' is brought up - some of Stanley's only manage 4/5mpg - if you know anything about 16/a, it's urban and not stopping too much for the majority of the trip.

Most of the 16/16a is rural. :s

They don't have the sound of vehicles that are light on fuel, though. They purr far too deep for that. Same with the outgoing Renowns. Caught 4896 through Durham, a few months ago, and all that came to mind was the idea that a kitten died every time the engine revved because it sounded pretty hungry and dirty!

That said there's some steep hills on the diamond route. They need somethign either seriously beefy or seriously nippy. Those citaros make light of Daisy hill in a way that only the lightweight streetlites and the sturdier pulsars (arriva only) and better of the Omnicities can do. Where the citaros are wasted is on routes like the B;aydon Racers and crusaders, which ARE mostly urban and with an awful lot of start stop which is where the engines are least efficient and a powerful engine relative to vehicle size is least necessary.

In car terms, the Durham Diamonds route, taken year round, could justify a hefty 4WD (heck, we've considered it, where we live) while the Crusaders and Blaydon Racers would make the most of a Prius, or even a Leaf.
(22 Sep 2016, 9:52 pm)Jimmi wrote Have had a pretty poor week or so, today I finally had a reasonably good day today, finally got round to doing the Spirit Buses services 15/16, was nice seeing the scenery and hearing the guided tour on the 16. Just a pity the day in typical fashion has gone to crap over THAT photo.

Seem to be causing nowt but bother and/or offence for my photo taking at the moment which is just leaving me feeling fed up.

Ahaha some bus enthusiasts seem to getting worse! How the hell are you can be to blame for that it makes me laugh how they come up with these things I don't know - have they got nothing better to do than moan on about pathetic things and putting people down.

I wouldn't let it bother you Smile Don't let it ruin your day
And as people have said on the A line thread I would reupload the photo the facebook if you want to as you're not doing anything wrong.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:24 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I'm sure it was the Citaro Bendys that had such low fuel figures and not the rigid ones.

That wouldn't surprise me - they must weigh the same as double deck vehicles, after all.

According to this, it's about 10.5mpg for he various streetlites, so the numbers are never going to not be shocking.
http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/new-look-wrightbus/ Bear in mnd that the typical streetlites used up here probably have little over half the passenger capacity of the artic citaros.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:27 pm)Tom wrote Ahaha some bus enthusiasts seem to getting worse! How the hell are you can be to blame for that it makes me laugh how they come up with these things I don't know - have they got nothing better to do than moan on about pathetic things and putting people down.

I wouldn't let it bother you Smile Don't let it ruin your day
And as people have said on the A line thread I would reupload the photo the facebook if you want to as you're not doing anything wrong.

What essentially has been said to me is "take it down, we don't want him or A-line getting in trouble do we?" that's basically what happened but it got made like I was the one in the wrong when really I've done sod all wrong.

Some Facebook groups are getting on my nerves, another painful one was over this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv with arguments saying it's not DDA / PSVAR, ALL vehicles on normal service work should now comply... WRONG! But they wouldn't have it so it went on and on and on for a whole day until I lost it and pointed out he was talking guff.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm)Jimmi wrote What essentially has been said to me is "take it down, we don't want him or A-line getting in trouble do we?" that's basically what happened but it got made like I was the one in the wrong when really I've done sod all wrong.

Some Facebook groups are getting on my nerves, another painful one was over this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv with arguments saying it's not DDA / PSVAR, ALL vehicles on normal service work should now comply... WRONG! But they wouldn't have it so it went on and on and on for a whole day until I lost it and pointed out he was talking guff.

Your only response to that needs to be "I took the photo. I didn't commission that vehicle on that route."