You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
I know that mate,its honestly the first time ive saw it,dont get out much tbh,but thats another story for a different day and forum lol
I can't remember so i'll ask, will the Eco's remain on the X21 because i'm sure i read they were changing the allocation?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Oct 2016, 8:54 am)Michael wrote I can't remember so i'll ask, will the Eco's remain on the X21 because i'm sure i read they were changing the allocation?

X21 will be Ecocities (4811-4814 from Darlington)

X22 will be Pulsars from Stockton
(21 Oct 2016, 9:50 am)Stuartphin1639 wrote X21 will be Ecocities (4811-4814 from Darlington)

X22 will be Pulsars from Stockton

Cheers for the info.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Oct 2016, 8:54 am)Michael wrote I can't remember so i'll ask, will the Eco's remain on the X21 because i'm sure i read they were changing the allocation?
There is rumours going around about a potential MAX upgrade on the X21/X22 in future, the rumour is X22 would get refurbished Pulsar's but nobody seems to truly know about the X21, problem with the X21 is the matter of where you put the EcoCitys if you took them off the X21 as there is no other route at Darlington that the EcoCitys would realistically be suitable to be allocated to. I personally think the EcoCitys will remain on the X21 for the foreseeable future.
(21 Oct 2016, 10:00 am)Jimmi wrote There is rumours going around about a potential MAX upgrade on the X21/X22 in future, the rumour is X22 would get refurbished Pulsar's but nobody seems to truly know about the X21, problem with the X21 is the matter of where you put the EcoCitys if you took them off the X21 as there is no other route at Darlington that the EcoCitys would realistically be suitable to be allocated to. I personally think the EcoCitys will remain on the X21 for the foreseeable future.

Unless you use 1424/5/6/7 on the X21 and use 4811/2/3/4 on the 1/5/5A/12/19 diagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unchanged allocation Monday to Saturday on X21
Sundays however will be Pulsar worked from 30th October due to the new interworking pattern.
(21 Oct 2016, 10:27 am)Kuyoyo wrote Unchanged allocation Monday to Saturday on X21
Sundays however will be Pulsar worked from 30th October due to the new interworking pattern.

What does the X21 interwork with on a Sunday?
(21 Oct 2016, 11:33 am)Stuartphin1639 wrote What does the X21 interwork with on a Sunday?

X26/X66
(21 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote X26/X66

Just a shame the X22 didn't run on a Sunday

Could have done

Full trip on X26
X66 to Middlesbrough
X22 Middlesbrough to peterlee
X21 peterlee to Darlington

(21 Oct 2016, 12:31 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote Just a shame the X22 didn't run on a Sunday

Could have done

Full trip on  X26
X66 to Middlesbrough
X22 Middlesbrough to peterlee
X21 peterlee to Darlington

Good job - because the first part of that isn't the pattern.
X26 - X21 - X66
Did 4521 get pulled from service yesterday,it was my 14.51 306 to billy mill and my 15.38 from billy mill but on the way back it was making a loud beeping noise like something was empty or failing,it breifly conked out outside the jolly bowman but driver got it going again,just wondered if it lasted or if it was taken out of service
(22 Oct 2016, 9:31 am)V514DFT wrote Did 4521 get pulled from service yesterday,it was my 14.51 306 to billy mill and my 15.38 from billy mill but on the way back it was making a loud beeping noise like something was empty or failing,it breifly conked out outside the jolly bowman but driver got it going again,just wondered if it lasted or if it was taken out of service

It was on the 43/44/45 at 18:00ish
Site Administrator
(22 Oct 2016, 10:07 am)Jimmi wrote Don't think this has been mentioned...

2834 and 2840 now has branding for service 55. They are out today, in typical fashion both are on the 46.

As is 2806:
https://flic.kr/p/MYaF9s

7467 and 7476 are also now branded as Great North Roads 43/44/45:
https://flic.kr/p/MsBL6x
https://flic.kr/p/MYaEr5

2834 and 2840 now has branding for service 55. They are out today, in typical fashion both are on the 46.

2840 is on the 46, I am now on it:

.jpg image.jpg

(22 Oct 2016, 10:27 am)Dan wrote As is 2806:
https://flic.kr/p/MYaF9s

Oh dear, we've got branding for service 55 on two different liveries then as 2806 is original while 2834 and 2840 are in the now standard livery.
[Image: 30379596302_75d6a9610f.jpg]Arriva North East: 2834 / YJ08XBP by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Due to the roadworks in Middlesbrough next week. Stockton have drafted in another pulsar 1477 is a short term loan from Durham and should be on the road from tomorrow
(22 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm)Jimmi wrote Oh dear, we've got branding for service 55 on two different liveries then as 2806 is original while 2834 and 2840 are in the now standard livery.
[Image: 30379596302_75d6a9610f.jpg]Arriva North East: 2834 / YJ08XBP by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
This looks absolutely ridiculous.Undecided
VDL SB200/Wright Pulsar 2s & Scania CN94UB/Scania OmniCitys.BlushHeart
There's a non-MAX decker broke down in the middle of Gosforth high street. Think it was one of Jesmond's on the 45.
(21 Oct 2016, 11:54 pm)David McGloin wrote https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/eastcleveland

Have looked at their proposals and responded.

It frustrates me how Arriva seem so reluctant to really improve the services on an evening, and although their suggestions are marginally better than nothing, they seem to have this obsession with truncating services at or with loops around Brotton or Skelton.

The X4 is a busy service, give it a chance on an evening - run it at least to Easington. The areas south of Saltburn have no trains as alternatives.

I would also add that a 7pm last X4 from Whitby is also far too early, but they wont even consider a couple more journeys from there on a night.
(25 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm)tvd wrote Have looked at their proposals and responded.

It frustrates me how Arriva seem so reluctant to really improve the services on an evening, and although their suggestions are marginally better than nothing, they seem to have this obsession with truncating services at or with loops around Brotton or Skelton.

The X4 is a busy service, give it a chance on an evening - run it at least to Easington.  The areas south of Saltburn have no trains as alternatives.

I would also add that a 7pm last X4 from Whitby is also far too early, but they wont even consider a couple more journeys from there on a night.

I live in Brotton and have also responded. I also mentioned the early finish from Whitby especially during the summer months. Surely they could run X4's back to Redcar at least.
Ending the 5a in Skelton still leaves Brotton with 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough via 2 routes but no direct bus to Asda. I copied the survey to a local Facebook page  ''Spotted Brotton'' and a local Arriva driver implied that the 5 would be re-routed via Asda. Great if you want to go shopping but adding 10ish extra minutes to the M'bro to Easington journey is not very impressive!
(25 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm)tvd wrote Have looked at their proposals and responded.

The X4 is a busy service, give it a chance on an evening - run it at least to Easington.  The areas south of Saltburn have no trains as alternatives.

I used the X4 out of Whitby about a month ago on a Saturday evening. It had been a nice day and the weather was dry/sunny. The sort of day where you have to queue for your dinner and push on to the road in the bridge, to get past people.

The bus was busy to start with, but the majority were simply using it as a local service up the hill!
Beyond this point, the driver spent a significant amount of time, waiting time.
Very few got on at the other major settlements on the journey, however those that did - again used it locally, for just a few stops.

I would say, there was an equal split between fare payers, return/day tickets and conc passes.

It would have been brilliant for me, if there were later services - it would have fitted in to my schedule better and would be something worth bearing in mind for days out in the future.

As much as I would (and I am sure many others would too) love a later service, I am not sure what the answer is if punters aren't using it.
Of course there is the argument about supply and demand, but until ANE decide to supply a later service, we will never know if there is enough demand.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
The thing is though, that when people had to get used to that being the last bus, they made alternative arrangements. Or had to finish work earlier and so on.

I'm not saying run buses all night, but if they had one even every couple of hours - 7, 9 and 11, back as far as Redcar - it'd not be a big investment and those extra couple of journeys would make all the difference.
(25 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm)Michael Euston wrote I live in Brotton and have also responded. I also mentioned the early finish from Whitby especially during the summer months. Surely they could run X4's back to Redcar at least.
Ending the 5a in Skelton still leaves Brotton with 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough via 2 routes but no direct bus to Asda. I copied the survey to a local Facebook page  ''Spotted Brotton'' and a local Arriva driver implied that the 5 would be re-routed via Asda. Great if you want to go shopping but adding 10ish extra minutes to the M'bro to Easington journey is not very impressive!

Good grief thats gonna be an awful journey to Middlesbrough for those going most of the way.

Arriva have always been tinkering around with these services ever since they got rid of the X56 years ago. To me, they should have kept it so you had an express route for quick journeys from Loftus/Brotton/Skelton?Gbro into Middlesbrough, and for the estates and those wanting it to stop at every bus stop, have the 5. Or 256 or 65 as it was!

I dont know if there's ever been such a premium route thats been mucked about with so much as these.