Menu

Pages (21)    114 15 1621   
Michael   29 Oct 2016, 10:51 am
The Tyne Tees Xpress is more likely to get new buses before the Cobalt Clipper, it's only been a few years but i doubt they'll want a repeat of the B7's...

Still not sure what bus they could get in though....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   29 Oct 2016, 10:59 am
Streetlites at Stanley for 16s is becoming an even more talked about thing amongst drivers. Half the citaros aren't even seeing service hours anymore.
The drivers don't seem too happy about the prospect, especially with how most of them view the RK streetites!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Michael   29 Oct 2016, 11:12 am
(29 Oct 2016, 10:59 am)Jamie M wrote Streetlites at Stanley for 16s is becoming an even more talked about thing amongst drivers. Half the citaros aren't even seeing service hours anymore.
The drivers don't seem too happy about the prospect, especially with how most of them view the RK streetites!

Wouldn't be surprised, going to back to "depot standardization", it means they have one less type to worry about.

10 Streelites for the Durham Diamond (includes 1 spare), allows the depot to have 2 overall spares for the 16/16A and the Red Kites.

The Ciatro's can replace buses on less demanding routes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   29 Oct 2016, 11:16 am
(29 Oct 2016, 11:12 am)Michael wrote Wouldn't be surprised, going to back to "depot standardization", it means they have one less type to worry about.

10 Streelites for the Durham Diamond (includes 1 spare), allows the depot to have 2 overall spares for the 16/16A and the Red Kites.

It's to do with fuel efficiency, as you'd expect.
I don't think Stanley will hang on to most of them, I'm not sure how they compare to the likes of Solars, but perhaps could help to phase some of those out? Who knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 Oct 2016, 11:18 am
(29 Oct 2016, 11:16 am)Jamie M wrote It's to do with fuel efficiency, as you'd expect.
I don't think Stanley will hang on to most of them, I'm not sure how they compare to the likes of Solars, but perhaps could help to phase some of those out? Who knows.

The Ciatro's will always be better than the Solars.

This time next year, the first of the Solars could be gone... be weird seeing them get withdrawn!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
S813 FVK   29 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm
(29 Oct 2016, 11:12 am)Michael wrote Wouldn't be surprised, going to back to "depot standardization", it means they have one less type to worry about.

While it can, i don't think depot standardization is taken into account when ordering new vehicles ie. you wouldnt order new buses for a not so profitable route just so you can get rid of a vehicle type from that depot.
Michael   29 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm
(29 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm)S813 FVK wrote While it can, i don't think depot standardization is taken into account when ordering new vehicles ie. you wouldnt order new buses for a not so profitable route just so you can get rid of a vehicle type from that depot.

Of course it doesn't but i was just saying, it could be a factor to the rumour.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
L469 YVK   29 Oct 2016, 1:04 pm
(29 Oct 2016, 10:51 am)Michael wrote The Tyne Tees Xpress is more likely to get new buses before the Cobalt Clipper, it's only been a few years but i doubt they'll want a repeat of the B7's...

Still not sure what bus they could get in though....

It all depends on what buses a 'major' double deck order would cascade thus helping increase the life span of the TTX B9s
________________________________________________________________________________
If the Red Kites got a full double deck upgrade with the Streetlites being cascaded to the Blaydon Racers, then 6101(T)-02 could be transferred to Riverside (6103-6117 to Stanley) and that would cover 15 vehicles for the TEN leaving 1x short excl 6084(T). 6100 could then be transferred from Deptford which would then cover the complete PVR of 16 vehicles for the TEN with 6084(T) becoming a dedicated spare with a Tachograph to help keep the TTX B9s on the road for a bit longer.

Note the most likely role even with a new order for the Angel would be to cascade 6118-6119 to Chester Le Street as spares due to the urban nature of the route with 6120 going to Washington to assist with the Red Arrows only lacking high back seating and next stop announcements but with Wi-Fi installed. This would act as spare alongside 1x branded B9 and 1x B7 Gemini during the week + doing peak time runs if available; but forming part of the PVR on Saturdays with the 1x B7 acting as spare with OmniDekkas now to be used on the X88. 6121 could then transfer to Deptford as a last resort spare for the Fab 56 but still fitted with Wi-Fi.

As a result of the above, up to 3x B7 Geminis could be released and used elsewhere (2x from CLS + 1x being stood down as a result of 6084 becoming a dedicated TTX spare).
________________________________________________________________________________
If the 6/X70/X71 got an upgrade, 6107 - 6117 could transfer to Stanley with 6104-6106 making up the PVR of 16x B9TLs between Hexham / Riverside on the TEN. That would then mean 6101(T) - 6103 acting as spare vehicles subsequently taking the role of 3941/42/63/64 with 6084(T) and 6101(T) being the 2x Tachograph spares based at Riverside with 6102-03 transferring according between Riverside and Hexham as spare vehicles for the TEN. On that note, 6103 'could' be used to restore a half hourly service between Blackhall Mill and Greenside / Crawcrook towards Newcastle leaving 2x Tachograph spares between Hexham / Riverside (for both TTX / TEN with former being given preference with at least 1x Tachographed vehicle being based at Riverside at all times) + another spare between Riverside / Hexham.
Although it would be justified to upgrade the TEN, upgrading the Cobalt Clipper would reduce fuel costs considerably given the nature of the 309/310/X39. Arriva operated lightweight DB300s on the 308 with none or very few issues issues before the B5LH's arrived and although the B9s are a good vehicle, they are a bit on the heavy side in terms the fuel for the Cobalt Clippers. Plus, the setup of the Streetdecks on the Cobalt Clippers compared to the TENs could be more restricted (if such thing exists) to save fuel costs even further.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   29 Oct 2016, 1:44 pm
What I have noticed is that unless it had a bump, 6106 is missing the Cobalt Clipper brand on the front and another example is missing various stuff on the rear. Don't think it's significant enough to draw a conclusion but will keep my eyes peeled.
dannygee   29 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm
(29 Oct 2016, 1:44 pm)L469 YVK wrote What I have noticed is that unless it had a bump, 6106 is missing the Cobalt Clipper brand on the front and another example is missing various stuff on the rear. Don't think it's significant enough to draw a conclusion but will keep my eyes peeled.

6106 has had the branding missing off the front for months now
6115 was involved with coming into contact with a bus stop which put the back window out so was left with no advertising facebook or twitter on the window.
V514DFT   30 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm
(29 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm)dannygee wrote 6106 has had the branding missing off the front for months now
6115 was involved with coming into contact with a bus stop which put the back window out so was left with no advertising facebook or twitter on the window.

Wasnt the one by Howdon Metro by any chance,i know that got flatened recently,its been fixed now
dannygee   30 Oct 2016, 8:54 pm
(30 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm)V514DFT wrote Wasnt the one by Howdon Metro by any chance,i know that got flatened recently,its been fixed now

Nope verne road i believe
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   30 Oct 2016, 10:18 pm
Crikey
Andreos1   31 Oct 2016, 12:42 am
Talking of buses and bumps with bollards/barriers. Not sure if it was a 4 or an 8, but something decided to mount a barrier at the galleries. 

I cannot confirm or deny that there is a citaro coloured bollard running about the shopping centre with a stud earring, a bottle of panda pop and sausage roll.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
grandad   31 Oct 2016, 3:50 pm
It is most unlikely the Red Kite would go to full 'decker allocation.  There just aren't the loads to justify it.  Even at peak times, Streetlites are only getting near full loads from Rowlands Gill.  That's why deckers were introduced on the 47.  The present allocation seems to work fine.

The Red Kite 'deckers are not popular for short journeys because there are so few seats downstairs.
L469 YVK   31 Oct 2016, 6:41 pm
(31 Oct 2016, 3:50 pm)grandad wrote It is most unlikely the Red Kite would go to full 'decker allocation.  There just aren't the loads to justify it.  Even at peak times, Streetlites are only getting near full loads from Rowlands Gill.  That's why deckers were introduced on the 47.  The present allocation seems to work fine.

The Red Kite 'deckers are not popular for short journeys because there are so few seats downstairs.

Aye, I wonder if the high loads on the 47 were down to the reliability of the service before it started getting interworked.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jamie M   31 Oct 2016, 7:18 pm
(31 Oct 2016, 6:41 pm)L469 YVK wrote Aye, I wonder if the high loads on the 47 were down to the reliability of the service before it started getting interworked.
Other than match day, the 45/6 are both decent most of the time. I don't personally think the service needs deckers randomly allocated, especially with that trident allocated run consett bound on the 45. Stanley have a really efficient layover system that applies to 6, X70/1/2 and 45/6/7. The services X30/1 really suffer from not having this layover because of the newcastle/gateshead traffic. With the durham buses it's alright because of the lighter traffic and the ease of being able to make up time.
In my opinion, there has been little or no change to the 47 service since the handover of operation.

Malarkey   31 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm
Any chance of Go North East getting any of these for the National Express services....or the X9/X10.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16658324@N...4515645102
Michael   01 Nov 2016, 9:29 am
(31 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm)Malarkey wrote Any chance of Go North East getting any of these for the National Express services....or the X9/X10.

They need something what will last, this will, but imagine it trying to get out of Eldon Square? haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
JP6004   01 Nov 2016, 10:55 am
(31 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm)Malarkey wrote Any chance of Go North East getting any of these for the National Express services....or the X9/X10.

I like the look of the Mercedes City Pilot. Obvs not for this route but it looks kool with the sofas and wireless charging points. Don't know how they will make it DDA compliant with external displays though...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ds1197   01 Nov 2016, 9:31 pm
Does Anyone think The 88/88A are due for an upgrade and if so what buses do you think it should use?
South Tyne Lad   01 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 9:31 pm)Ds1197 wrote Does Anyone think The 88/88A are due for an upgrade and if so what buses do you think it should use?

As my local route, Id love it to be upgraded, But because it doesn't serve any key hubs of the company ( for example Park Lane Interchange ) I don't think it will be looked at the same compared to routes out of Eldon Square etc.
GNE did used to have quite a few local routes around here which could've added up into a Indigo Sub Brand but Mile End Road and Jarrow depots have been closed for a long time now.

Vehicle Type will have to be bigger than the current trend of replacing Full Size and Midibuses with Solo's, I accept loadings on a Evening are enough for a Solo, But Daytime loadings regulary take the majority of seats in a Versa or Solar, That's why I'm going to suggest something along the lines of a Streetlite MAX or a Optare Metrocity 11.5M, Which are lightweight and Fuel Efficient but carry more than the average Versa.

But I'm not hedging my bets for New Vehicles, I'm expecting Cast Offs ( Which are hopefully bigger ) in the next few years.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Ds1197   01 Nov 2016, 9:51 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote As my local route, Id love it to be upgraded, But because it doesn't serve any key hubs of the company ( for example Park Lane Interchange ) I don't think it will be looked at the same compared to routes out of Eldon Square etc.
GNE did used to have quite a few local routes around here which could've added up into a Indigo Sub Brand but Mile End Road and Jarrow depots have been closed for a long time now.

Vehicle Type will have to be bigger than the current trend of replacing Full Size and Midibuses with Solo's, I accept loadings on a Evening are enough for a Solo, But Daytime loadings regulary take the majority of seats in a Versa or Solar, That's why I'm going to suggest something along the lines of a Streetlite MAX or a Optare Metrocity 11.5M, Which are lightweight and Fuel Efficient but carry more than the average Versa.

But I'm not hedging my bets for New Vehicles, I'm expecting Cast Offs ( Which are hopefully bigger )  in the next few years.

If your expecting cast offs it would either be a citros or newer versas like the ones currently on the Citylink and it's a bigger versa.
Jamie M   01 Nov 2016, 10:18 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 9:51 pm)Ds1197 wrote If your expecting cast offs it would either be a citros or newer versas like the ones currently on the Citylink and it's a bigger versa.
Citaros are 10'1, are these too tall for the 88/a? I forgot the height they need to be under.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ds1197   01 Nov 2016, 10:25 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 10:18 pm)Jamie M wrote Citaros are 10'1, are these too tall for the 88/a? I forgot the height they need to be under.

The lowest bridge is about 13" but the Citylink Versas would be perfect height and size for the route
Jamie M   01 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 10:25 pm)Ds1197 wrote The lowest bridge is about 13" but the Citylink Versas would be perfect height and size for the route
Why are those solars not suitable then? Someone said that one with an aircon unit on the top is too tall, and the citaros certainly look as tall.

Ds1197   01 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm)Jamie M wrote Why are those solars not suitable then? Someone said that one with an aircon unit on the top is too tall, and the citaros certainly look as tall.

Because of road humps make the buses bouce a lot on the 88 route but also it's worse if the bus is trying to make time up by driving to quickly for the road it's using
BFK   02 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 10:25 pm)Ds1197 wrote The lowest bridge is about 13" but the Citylink Versas would be perfect height and size for the route

Black Road bridge in Hebburn is 10 feet 8inches in height.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Nov 2016, 3:45 pm

Going back this, was reading the comments and spotted this:

the local rumour mill has been on fire lately saying that the 594 Edinburgh to London will be rerouted to call at Gatwick which apparently will require double deck coaches or at the very least a second coach to carry the extra loadings. so of course the rumour is that Go North East are to order four of these machines for after Christmas!! believe that when it happens

Just a rumour but thought i would share.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Ryan99   09 Nov 2016, 7:03 pm
Heard a rumour that 35/36 is getting streetlites, all the citaros and Durham diamond citaros to deptford for the X5/6/7
Pages (21)    114 15 1621