Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016
(11 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm)jaimz13 wrote Has Washington got any of the scania decker's

They don't.

Hopefully next year Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just love it when bus drivers leave a stop two minutes early.

When the 39 and the 2/2a are meant to run every 7 8 mins combined. Do they heck.

Informed GNE but what good will it do? Now sitting for 17 mins for next bus.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(11 Nov 2016, 2:53 pm)idiot wrote Just love it when bus drivers leave a stop two minutes early.

When the 39 and the 2/2a are meant to run every 7 8 mins combined. Do they heck.

Informed GNE but what good will it do? Now sitting for 17 mins for next bus.

The only times that matter are timing stops. Any other stop tine is just a guide. Bold stops on the GNE timetable. If it left a timing stop early, complain, else don't as the driver isn't at fault.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm)jaimz13 wrote Has Washington got any of the scania decker's

(11 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm)Michael wrote They don't.

Hopefully next year

Yes they do - 6141 and 6142.
(11 Nov 2016, 3:10 pm)Dan wrote Yes they do - 6141 and 6142.

Tongue, oh aye hahaha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm)Michael wrote They don't.

Hopefully next year Tongue

Yes 6141 and 6142
(11 Nov 2016, 3:40 pm)pdiddy wrote Yes 6141 and 6142

Yup Dan had already said.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm)Ds1197 wrote Does Jarrow Bus Station have any overlay bays?

I dont know if it changed since last but the only overy Jarrow are next to nhs buildingand under the bridge.

Also since their only 5 bus stop instead 6 they could use old 88/88A stand because it still has bus stop marking on it.
Was stood next to 6122 for a bit tonight and it looked to me as if the vehicle had been fully repainted. I'm guessing the red bits where the branding had been was repainted to cover up the marks as opposed to the full bus though.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(11 Nov 2016, 4:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote Was stood next to 6122 for a bit tonight and it looked to me as if the vehicle had been fully repainted. I'm guessing the red bits where the branding had been was repainted to cover up the marks as opposed to the full bus though.

Noticed this a few days ago too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I know I am going off topic a little but just out of interest what is happening with NK04 ZNE. It is branded for the S1 I believe but by the look of thing this that type of bus are/have been withdrawn. is it going to be replaced?
Prefer
7486 LJ51 DGZ
1764 NK05 GWC
5230 NK55 OLH
6301 NK16 BXA
22570 SP08 DCV
12078 NK11 DJD
FJ61 EXO
(11 Nov 2016, 3:56 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I dont know if it changed since last but the only overy Jarrow are next to nhs buildingand under the bridge.

Also since their only 5 bus stop instead 6 they could use old 88/88A stand because it still has bus stop marking on it.

There's still a layover bay across from the Hospital ( Was the temporary 5 stand while the Bus Station was remodelled ) that can be used if needed.

There is indeed markings there but I'm sure the length of the stand was reduced to fit the new crossing in so the stand mightn't be able to fit a full size bus in there anymore.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Saw 698 a couple of days ago driving through teams, looked like was heading for riverside

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Yes - 698 was given an internal valet at Riverside then sent to Deptford afterwards.

700 should be given an internal valet on Monday then sent to Deptford afterwards similarly.

699 should be ready to be given an internal valet by the middle of next week, and again, sent to Deptford after that.
Have there been issues with the X9/10 today?

Saw an X9 following an X10 heading north earlier tonight. 
Prior to that, this morning I saw an unidentified branded B9 NIS on the A1 heading south. It had a driver at the wheel, rather than a fitter.
It came on at the Angel and continued south.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Theres been an incident near Testos roundabout this evening. The X9 I was on ended up being diverted onto the A194/A183
(11 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm)beefcake wrote Theres been an incident near Testos roundabout this evening. The X9 I was on ended up being diverted onto the A194/A183

The NIS branded one I saw was heading south at about 1130 this morning.
The two heading north was at about 1630 (that Purple Versa you saw went above me at Doxford Park) just before I saw the pair.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Nov 2016, 4:28 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote There's still a layover bay across from the Hospital ( Was the temporary 5 stand while the Bus Station was remodelled ) that can be used if needed.

There is indeed markings there but I'm sure the length of the stand was reduced to fit the new crossing in so the stand mightn't be able to fit a full size bus in there anymore.

Thanks so the early running 5  should of parked in one of those areas.
TENs seemed to be running late earlier today or at least some of them were as a couple of times there were 2 that came together into MetroCentre Bus Station coming from Newcastle

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(11 Nov 2016, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote Have there been issues with the X9/10 today?

Saw an X9 following an X10 heading north earlier tonight. 
Prior to that, this morning I saw an unidentified branded B9 NIS on the A1 heading south. It had a driver at the wheel, rather than a fitter.
It came on at the Angel and continued south.

Sounds like its running light to Teeside via the A1 and A66/A689 instead of its normal route.

The accident must've been pretty bad for that to happen.

(11 Nov 2016, 7:25 pm)Ds1197 wrote Thanks so the early running 5  should of parked in one of those areas.

5s very rarely run early! Tongue

Throughtout the day, The Majority of 5s arrive/layover/depart before the next 11 is scheduled to Arrive and do the same thing. So drivers can get away without having to move to the spare stand to have there layover.
Conflicting movements only happen when the one of them is running late however, So there's a chance the 5/11 will have to use the layover bay if the other is on stand running late.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
5s very rarely run early!  Tongue  

Throughtout the day, The Majority of 5s arrive/layover/depart before the next 11 is scheduled to Arrive and do the same thing. So drivers can get away without having to move to the spare stand to have there layover.
Conflicting movements only happen when the one of them is running late however, So there's a chance the 5/11 will have to use the layover bay if the other is on stand running late.

The 5 now uses stand C the sameone as the 88/88A
(11 Nov 2016, 10:09 pm)Ds1197 wrote The 5 now uses stand C the sameone as the 88/88A

Does it? How longs that been happening?

Well that used to be the case when the 5 used the same stand as the 11.
(11 Nov 2016, 10:11 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Does it? How longs that been happening?

Well that used to be the case when the 5 used the same stand as the 11.

Since the Sunday timetable changes the 5 and 9 towards Sunderland swapped stands
RE: x7 parked wingate today 1pm- November 2016
i see there was a x7 parked in the layby robinsons bus stop / jobcentre at 1 pm today it had not in service on and the hazard lights were on so i assume it had broken down anyone else know anything
(11 Nov 2016, 10:13 pm)Ds1197 wrote Since the Sunday timetable changes the 5 and 9 towards Sunderland swapped stands

Ah right

Cant see the point of it tbh, 88/88As regularly run late and Driver Changes also occur in the Bus Station too, So if the 88/88A is late and having a driver change, Its going to bugger the 5.

Old system of 2 terminators on one stand and two passing services on the other worked fine, Apart from the odd delay to one service or two.
(11 Nov 2016, 10:19 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Ah right

Cant see the point of it tbh, 88/88As regularly run late and Driver Changes also occur in the Bus Station too, So if the 88/88A is late and having a driver change, Its going to bugger the 5.  

Old system of 2 terminators on one stand and two passing services on the other worked fine, Apart from the odd delay to one service or two.

Well that kinda of happened today a late running 88 got stuck by a overlaying 5 and also the 9 got stuck behind that 88.
Worse bus ive been on is the 5 goes all over the place if i miss the 50 to shields i tend to get 9 to jarrrow then the 27 beacuse i dont wajt to board the 5
Yeah, lucky that our local waypoint is the stop before ours, rather than the one after, now
Arrivadid seem to pick up on that. No use timing your buses by the last stop in a village!