Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(05 Nov 2013, 6:11 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Versas cope quite well on other hilly routes. The Drifters have been climbing the hills in Seaham since new.

The 'Orbit' and 'Quaylink' ones are good too, but the 'Saltwell Park' ones are horrendous. Think it just depends...?
(05 Nov 2013, 4:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just been looking through GNE's Facebook Photos and I have I noticed atleast 3 of the Versas are Branded for Citylink already and GNE have already updated the Citylink Page on Simplygo.com, Depsite GNE saying New Buses Coming Soon on both Pages. Could GNE be Targeting a Launch Date of the 17th November alongside the Saltwell Park or Perhaps earlier.

Confirmed Citylink Reg Plates - NL63 YAA and NL63 YAE from the Photos shown Below, Has any others been Confirmed that I may missed on another Post.

Saltwell Park Page has also been Updated minus the Logo on the Main Page and non of them seem to be Branded yet, that'll most likely happen over the course of the Next Week, The Drifter Page has also been Updated.

Citylink Versas
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...5880875709&type=3

Citylink Page - Simplygo.com - Note has has the Updated Logo on the Main Page Also
http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/citylink

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Go North East Streetlites have Newcastle NL63 reg places whereas the Connexions 4 Citaros (BX63) and the Stagecoach in Sunderland new Enviro 200's (SN63) have reg plates from outside of the North East? I thought that the Newcastle DVLA office had shut down :'). Been wondering why for a few weeks now.
(05 Nov 2013, 6:24 pm)JP6004 wrote Lilac versa = Penelope Pitstop's make up bag

Maybe they'll be silver and the 88/88A will formally become part of the WSS. Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Nov 2013, 6:52 pm)aureolin wrote Maybe they'll be silver and the 88/88A will formally become part of the WSS. Wink

STSS - A little Combination of Both Brands except it wouldn't serve any part of Washington
(05 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm)Simmy wrote Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Go North East Streetlites have Newcastle NL63 reg places whereas the Connexions 4 Citaros (BX63) and the Stagecoach in Sunderland new Enviro 200's (SN63) have reg plates from outside of the North East? I thought that the Newcastle DVLA office had shut down :'). Been wondering why for a few weeks now.

I wouldn't say office closures have anything to do with it, as all 39 local offices will be closing by the end of the year.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(05 Nov 2013, 6:31 pm)Mark1 wrote Is there any plans for anything newer to go on the South Tyne 5?

I can't see where anything new would come from at present. However I'm confused as to why Solars from fab 56 are been put into Northern when things like South Tyne 5, Wear Tees Xpress and even things like Pulse, Fab57, Centurion would be better candidates than going to Northern? The later services are using vehicles non-DDA complaint which is why the Solars could be a better option. Any inside knowledge as to plans for the rest of the Solars?
Few things on VOSA:

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and DurhamBus Station given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 17-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/457 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 21,N21 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/365 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Durham Bus Station given service number 15/15a, 815, 822 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/366 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Metrocentre given service number 43/43b/44/836/843/844 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
4842, 3971, 3972 and 6030 were allocated to Saltwell Park fireworks service F1 today. Rather shockingly, no F1 blind had been programmed - the new GNE logo blind was instead utilised, with the exception of 6030 which used the old GNE logo blind.
following on earlier on GNE brand updates on site.. they have the 60 and 61 under the new drifter logo, will this change when the new buses come in to service, it's gonna be confusing
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(05 Nov 2013, 7:50 pm)Michael wrote following on earlier on GNE brand updates on site.. they have the 60 and 61 under the new drifter logo, will this change when the new buses come in to service, it's gonna be confusing

This what I've said, it's confusing having sings for 'the new drifter' and having the brand still on drifter pages on the wesbite when they aren't getting the new buses, unless the plan is for the 61 to get the updated brand eventually on the Versa's? Not sure how likely that is.
(05 Nov 2013, 8:14 pm)CatsFast101 wrote This what I've said, it's confusing having sings for 'the new drifter' and having the brand still on drifter pages on the wesbite when they aren't getting the new buses, unless the plan is for the 61 to get the updated brand eventually on the Versa's? Not sure how likely that is.

Sorry, i didn't read back, iv'e had a long day at uni and just cba haha

I really think the 60 should be left alone in the drifter brand and the 61 going to Northern or under a new brand but it's gonna be really confusing for passengers if they gonna include the 61 under the brand on the website.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Some interesting diversions for the Memorial Parades on Sunday.

The Southbound 21s will be diverting down Harass Bank (which should be fun to see it make that tight turn left)

Since the old Street shuttles and the 184 in it's day was diverted off there because of the turning it'll be fun to see how the hybrids cope! Big Grin
(05 Nov 2013, 7:46 pm)Michael wrote Few things on VOSA:

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and DurhamBus Station given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 17-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/457 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 21,N21 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/365 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Durham Bus Station given service number 15/15a, 815, 822 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/366 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Metrocentre given service number 43/43b/44/836/843/844 effective from 14-Nov-2013. To amend Timetable.

They look like Lumiere changes.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(05 Nov 2013, 8:50 pm)gtomlinson wrote Some interesting diversions for the Memorial Parades on Sunday.

The Southbound 21s will be diverting down Harass Bank (which should be fun to see it make that tight turn left)

Since the old Street shuttles and the 184 in it's day was diverted off there because of the turning it'll be fun to see how the hybrids cope! Big Grin

Never mind squeezing past the parked cars...
(05 Nov 2013, 9:02 pm)andreos1 wrote Never mind squeezing past the parked cars...

Indeed! There's no other option though aside omitting Birtley and coming through Portmeads then ending up at Barley Mow and making passengers swap to Northbound 21's into Birtley

Edit - Above are definitely Lumiere changes. 14th - 17th Nov
Tom Wrote: Not a bad suggestion - However, I doubt this will change, the Solars cope well with the 28/28A route, Versa's don't seem powerful machines at all. Wink

GMitchellhill Wrote: Versas cope quite well on other hilly routes. The Drifters have been climbing the hills in Seaham since new.

The problem with both the Saltwell Park and Drifter Versa's are that they were put into Economy Mode after a couple of years, but didn't have the desired affect shall we say ! So they don't have as much power as the Simplicity and Orbit ones !!! Lessons learnt I think.
Go North East @gonortheast
We'll be at Byron Place Shopping Centre in Seaham tomorrow promoting the new #Drifter buses. Pop along and see us! pic.twitter.com/JvB36nYlFE
4:13 a.m. Wed, Nov 6 Twitter
By: Go North East @gonortheast

My guess is.
The buses will arrive in a pack of 2-3 and will be late Wink

ps. Can anyone see the hand subtly holding up the surfboard in the picture?
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(05 Nov 2013, 7:54 am)Michael wrote Thanks, everything seem's to becoming at once, can't keep up

haha it's not even 8am yet and you asking me to remember :p

Edit -

Liam said on 10-30-2013 - First 2 have arrived.

First day light picture on here was 11-01-2013 @ 12:22 PM

So if its 2 a day, maybe around 6 is here?

Can i ask why is the date is the american way

The date format can be changed by going into User Control Panel(UCP) then Edit Options and the date format can be changed there

(06 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm)andreos1 wrote My guess is.
The buses will arrive in a pack of 2-3 and will be late Wink

ps. Can anyone see the hand subtly holding up the surfboard in the picture?

lol Andreos, sounds about right
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Some updates on the Go North East website. Lambton Worm/Cenutrion pages have now be added. Service 61 is now offical part of the SimpliCity brand and has been removed from Drifter page. The simplicity page now features information about 'SimpliCity 61', although features a Drifter branded timetable. Drifter 60 features the old style timetable stil (the only service that still does?) and both the 60 & 61 have a 'drifter map'.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Go North East - Latest
One question about new vehicles...

Is things like Wi-Fi and Next Stop Announcements going to be a standard feature on all new vehicles...

Wi-Fi I can get away with, but next stop announcements is annoying...

One old bloke summed it up earlier today to this mate when he commented that the announcements was 'f*****g annoying'
(06 Nov 2013, 3:05 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Some updates on the Go North East website. Lambton Worm/Cenutrion pages have now be added. Service 61 is now offical part of the SimpliCity brand and has been removed from Drifter page. The simplicity page now features information about 'SimpliCity 61', although features a Drifter branded timetable. Drifter 60 features the old style timetable stil (the only service that still does?) and both the 60 & 61 have a 'drifter map'.

Seem's now we know the 61 is joining Simplicity and getting Versa's, The last 4 (i think) are heading for the 39 with 8319 as a spare?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm)Michael wrote Seem's now we know the 61 is joining Simplicity and getting Versa's, The last 4 (i think) are heading for the 39 with 8319 as a spare?

Normal 39 runs have a PVR of 5.
Should be fun seeing a red centenary liveried bus, a purple bus, three green buses and three further rattley red buses on the 39 daily - until the consultation results are revealed and we have an effective by date for the changes.
(06 Nov 2013, 4:11 pm)Dan wrote Normal 39 runs have a PVR of 5.
Should be fun seeing a red centenary liveried bus, a purple bus, three green buses and three further rattley red buses on the 39 daily - until the consultation results are revealed and we have an effective by date for the changes.

I think the it's pointless in the 39 getting Versa's atm because it does a long and short run's and its gonna be confusing as out, can't they not just cadets or B10's then a different service could get the Versa's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(06 Nov 2013, 4:11 pm)Dan wrote Normal 39 runs have a PVR of 5.

It's a bit of mess at the minutes, the 39 & 61 namely. I mean they've had the drifter cadets, northern cadets, anything that was spare, the Versa's and then a new brand. The 39 is getting messed about. The short runs aren't been used that well at all.
I was at Park Lane on Monday, the 16:00 departure Short 39 had 5 people on it, meanwhile a 238 left a few minutes earlier with only a little standing room left a very packed MPD, two 60s left jam packed. The 61 que was growing by the second with a no show for 3:47 departure. So I think whatever happens the 39 shorts runs need changing.
(06 Nov 2013, 4:17 pm)CatsFast101 wrote It's a bit of mess at the minutes, the 39 & 61 namely. I mean they've had the drifter cadets, northern cadets, anything that was spare, the Versa's and then a new brand. The 39 is getting messed about. The short runs aren't been used that well at all.
I was at Park Lane on Monday, the 16:00 departure Short 39 had 5 people on it, meanwhile a 238 left a few minutes earlier with only a little standing room left a very packed MPD, two 60s left jam packed. The 61 que was growing by the second with a no show for 3:47 departure. So I think whatever happens the 39 shorts runs need changing.

The 39 short runs is pointless, i don't see why they need to extend the 26 their to.. the 20 mins work with all the other services which serve along the 39 route..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
I think everyone makes their judgements of the loadings at Park Lane, rather than on the route. The 39, as a service, is generally speaking quite successful and I'd like to say it was quite stable too.
I don't think the short 39s were introduced to combat loadings from Park Lane to Grangetown, but from Doxford Park to Park Lane. The loadings have been evened out somewhat between Doxford Park and Park Lane, but I find that the short runs to Doxford Park often leave with far fewer passengers. Why? You're messing with a service that shouldn't be messed with. The service is likely to pick up custom from Grangetown onwards as the normal 39 runs do, but not from Park Lane.

As for those peak time runs on the 60/61... How many of those passengers were POP card holders? As a daily user of the Stockton Road corridor services at that time, I'm fairly positive when I say the buses are made up of pensioners and kids more so.