Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017
(07 Jan 2017, 6:24 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote I'm quite surprised 4933 has been repainted into the new corporate livery, as id have thought it would probably have been withdrawn along with most of the Y reg Scania's once the Streetlite's enter service.

Worth keeping in mind that 4932/33 are both Euro 5 - possibly makes more sense to keep these two running than other similarly-aged Euro 4 examples.
3965 Was positively sparkling today. After apparently not being cleaned for about 4 years, it's the brightest blue ever inside

They just need to keep up the regular standards
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(06 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I would love to see these spare Mercs go over to Hexham for the X84/X85, and I could certainly see the Tynedale Express livery suiting them very well.Is there any chance of these services getting an upgrade any time soon?

I personally agree that the TynedaleXpress would benefit from an upgrade, but I believe the TynedaleXpress is part of the Low Cost unit, with this in mind, would they be likely to receive Brand New buses or just cascaded vehicles. I think the Citaros would be a nice bus for this brand, however would a Re-trim be required first, also if the TynedaleXpress did receive New/newer buses, for depot standardisation would the Tynedale Links 680 which is usually operated by a Solar need to be upgraded also?
Heard by a few drivers now that the blue arrow and green arrow are both getting the mercs off the blaydon racers and durham diamond.
(08 Jan 2017, 12:44 am)dannygee wrote Heard by a few drivers now that the blue arrow and green arrow are both getting the mercs off the blaydon racers and durham diamond.

Wonder if the 11 would move to Riverside if that happened as it would make sense to have all the Citaros there? And then maybe the Q3 or something operated by Percy Main to make up the numbers if needed
Site Administrator
(07 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm)Ambassador wrote 3965 Was positively sparkling today. After apparently not being cleaned for about 4 years, it's the brightest blue ever inside

They just need to keep up the regular standards

Both 3962 and 3965 were given a full internal valet shortly after comments were made on this forum regarding the cleanliness of these buses.

3965 has additionally had its seats re-trimmed since:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/item.php?operatorF=2&fleetnoF=3965

3962 will also be re-trimmed when Chester-le-Street can release it to Saltmeadows Road - it means that they will run an Angel short for a week. This has to tie in with the availability of labour at Saltmeadows Road too - only one bus can have its seats re-trimmed at a time and all of the former Brighton & Hove OmniDekkas (arguably in a worse state internally) are also being re-trimmed at the moment.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(08 Jan 2017, 10:23 am)dannygee wrote 6132 is now at percy main
Stanley giving away cold buses to other depots is odd to hear. Especially if it's in return for a warm one!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(08 Jan 2017, 10:23 am)dannygee wrote 6132 is now at percy main

3888 should have transferred to Stanley in return.
Site Administrator
(08 Jan 2017, 10:43 am)S813 FVK wrote 3888 should have transferred to Stanley in return.

It has.

6143 is due to receive its promotional livery next week.
sorry if this has been said before but does this transfer mean 6132 will be allocated to the 434 on weekdays or will that be something else?
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
(08 Jan 2017, 10:52 am)Dan wrote It has.

6143 is due to receive its promotional livery next week.

Any idea how long it'll be on for?, just sometimes promotional livery's are only on for a few months.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
6127 has aquired some serious damage whilst on the X30 to Stanley in Whickham. The engine bay has fallen, almost touching the road. As such, the passengers were transferred onto the 6.
Last night, 6121 reversed into a parked X30 52?? at E.S, meaning the passengers had to be transferred onto the 6 then, too. The windscreen of the Omnicity remains smashed.

(08 Jan 2017, 12:48 pm)Jamie M wrote 6127 has aquired some serious damage whilst on the X30 to Stanley in Whickham. The engine bay has fallen, almost touching the road. As such, the passengers were transferred onto the 6.
Last night, 6121 reversed into a parked X30 52?? at E.S, meaning the passengers had to be transferred onto the 6 then, too. The windscreen of the Omnicity remains smashed.

Wonder how that has happened?, sounds serious, hopefully not out for a long time.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(08 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm)Michael wrote Wonder how that has happened?, sounds serious, hopefully not out for a long time.
6127 is much the problem one of the batch.

(08 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm)Michael wrote Wonder how that has happened?, sounds serious, hopefully not out for a long time.

Sounds like the Loose Sealing's, Which I and others have posted about on the forum in the past ( Where the whole rear of the bus was shaking away from the rest of the bus ) Have gave in completely, -
Detaching the Engine bay from the main body of the bus.

Its a problem common in the Solar's and Omnidekka's, And nothing's been done about it.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Speaking of knackered vehicles. 8266 seemingly limped back to the depot this morning. Saw it going very slowly along Mandela Way. Sounded very rough too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Jan 2017, 8:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote Speaking of knackered vehicles. 8266 seemingly limped back to the depot this morning. Saw it going very slowly along Mandela Way. Sounded very rough too.

No doubt be withdrawn very soon
(08 Jan 2017, 8:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote Speaking of knackered vehicles. 8266 seemingly limped back to the depot this morning. Saw it going very slowly along Mandela Way. Sounded very rough too.

Hopefully it'll be replaced soon since it's the last one in the fleet.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
5443 is on the 16/16A board that 4896 (which has been withdrawn) used to operate today. It should be in Durham in the next 20-30 minutes and it will do the Stanley - South Stanley 16 later tonight.

No working rear destination yet but it is much quieter than the Euro 5 examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08 Jan 2017, 8:08 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully it'll be replaced soon since it's the last one in the fleet.

Wonder if it's being kept alive, by donations from examples past?

Curious to see what replaces it, when it does go.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
3891 looks like its going in the generL direction of salties. Broke down about 5 times going along askew rd.

(09 Jan 2017, 8:30 am)Jamie M wrote 3891 looks like its going in the generL direction of salties. Broke down about 5 times going along askew rd.

So because it broke down it's going to be withdrawn?........

I'd hope that isn't GNE's policy like.
(09 Jan 2017, 8:47 am)LeeCalder wrote So because it broke down it's going to be withdrawn?........

I'd hope that isn't GNE's policy like.

This bus has broke down loads in past few weeks. It could also be going for the livery to be applied
(09 Jan 2017, 8:11 am)S813 FVK wrote 5443 is on the 16/16A board that 4896 (which has been withdrawn) used to operate today. It should be in Durham in the next 20-30 minutes and it will do the Stanley - South Stanley 16 later tonight.

No working rear destination yet but it is much quieter than the Euro 5 examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't suppose anyone knows it's whereabouts?
(09 Jan 2017, 11:23 am)Jimmi wrote Don't suppose anyone knows it's whereabouts?

Just left Durham about 5 minutes ago.

[Image: b8ca4134e011b10fdc5fd1c00d90bbae.jpg]

https://flic.kr/p/R1NaM7

[Image: 06ac1afce2657f5b558a9bfdd7261df9.jpg]

https://flic.kr/p/R1NaNu

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk