You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Yorkshire Bus Operations

RE: Yorkshire Bus Operations
(09 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Something I neglected to mention last night about the new Transdev Yorkshire Coastliner buses is, the two examples used at the launch yesterday will enter service on Monday with the others entering service later, there might be four in service by next weekend (not confirmed!).

All 10 should be in service by the end of January and the Twitter team did confirm that they would start to enter service next week. They will also have set running boards and these journeys will be marked on the new timetable.
(09 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Something I neglected to mention last night about the new Transdev Yorkshire Coastliner buses is, the two examples used at the launch yesterday will enter service on Monday with the others entering service later, there might be four in service by next weekend (not confirmed!).
(09 Dec 2016, 4:30 pm)S813 FVK wrote All 10 should be in service by the end of January and the Twitter team did confirm that they would start to enter service next week. They will also have set running boards and these journeys will be marked on the new timetable.

And as a result of the 10 B5TLs entering service, B9TL 411-7/9/20 will return to Volvo off lease (418 of course departed some time ago after being involved in a RTC), in a late change of plan - they were originally heading for Keighley, likely to replace the Presidents on the 760. There are, however, rumours that further B5TLs are to be ordered for Coastliner for 2017 to replace the remaining B9TLs - could possibly be delaying a possible upgrade of the 760 to use the newer B9TLs rather than the 8 and a half years old batch.
(11 Dec 2016, 11:24 am)Kuyoyo wrote And as a result of the 10 B5TLs entering service, B9TL 411-7/9/20 will return to Volvo off lease (418 of course departed some time ago after being involved in a RTC), in a late change of plan - they were originally heading for Keighley, likely to replace the Presidents on the 760. There are, however, rumours that further B5TLs are to be ordered for Coastliner for 2017 to replace the remaining B9TLs - could possibly be delaying a possible upgrade of the 760 to use the newer B9TLs rather than the 8 and a half years old batch.

Yes i've read that too. Better to have a consistent spec on the Coastliner service, something that would be welcomed by up here on the Red Kite services.
(28 Oct 2016, 9:59 am)Kuyoyo wrote More on this - date of closure now confirmed for 18th February. It also seems there's to be further changes to the cascading - management are reportedly looking to move 27 of the 80 vehicle allocation to Doncaster due to the (increasingly likely) chance of staff shortages if the majority of those jobs move to Olive Grove depot.

More details are now coming out:
Doncaster depot will regain operation of 6 boards on the X78 (Sheffield-Rotherham-Doncaster) from 2nd January. The amount and type of vehicle moving from Rotherham is not yet know
As part of changes in Rotherham in late January, a number of Rotherham town services will be returning to their original PTE-era service numbers ahead of the depot closure and operation passing to Olive Grove depot (as there will not be a dedicated fleet for the Rotherham services upon operation passing to Olive Grove). These include:
  • The 7/8 (Blackburn/Kimberworth Park) becoming the 137/138
  • The 11/12 (East Dene Circular) becoming the 111/112
  • The 14 (Herringthorpe Stag Lane) becomes the 114
  • The 15 (East Herringthorpe) becomes the 115
  • The Kimberworth Park Circulars 39/40/41/42 will become the 139/140/141/142
This is to avoid number clashes within the Olive Grove depot fleet.
In other EYMS news, the registrations for the 6 new Volvo B5TL EvoSetis and 4 new Enviro 200MMCs have been confirmed:

B5TLs: BP66 VLA, BP66 VLB, BP66 VLC, BP66 VLD, BP66 VLE and BP66 VLF
E200s: YY66 PGU, YY66 PGV, YY66 PGX and YY66 PGZ

Logically speaking, the B5TLs will be numbered 798 to 803 in the order listed above with the E200s being numbered 396 to 399, also in the order listed above.
(17 Dec 2016, 11:39 am)S813 FVK wrote In other EYMS news, the registrations for the 6 new Volvo B5TL EvoSetis and 4 new Enviro 200MMCs have been confirmed:

B5TLs: BP66 VLA, BP66 VLB, BP66 VLC, BP66 VLD, BP66 VLE and BP66 VLF
E200s: YY66 PGU, YY66 PGV, YY66 PGX and YY66 PGZ

Logically speaking, the B5TLs will be numbered 798 to 803 in the order listed above with the E200s being numbered 396 to 399, also in the order listed above.

B5TLs 799 (BP66 VLB), 801 (BP66 VLD) and 803 (BP66 VLF) have now arrived and are undergoing preparation for service.
(23 Dec 2016, 6:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote B5TLs 799 (BP66 VLB), 801 (BP66 VLD) and 803 (BP66 VLF) have now arrived and are undergoing preparation for service.

Further to this, 3 of the 4 E200MMCs have been spotted at the Plaxton factory in Scarborough. The registrations of the 3, as can be seen in the photograph, are YY66 PGV/U/X.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/59080624@N...otostream/

Based on their length, their fleet numbers are now likely to be 506 to 509, following on from the second hand 12 reg and new 65 reg E200s acquired last year (PGU - 506, PGV - 507 etc)

All 4, or some, of the E200MMCs are looking like they will be based at the company's Scarborough depot replacing some of the MPDs.
(29 Dec 2016, 9:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote First South Yorkshire

Rotherham-based Volvo B9TL 37261-3 (YN07 MLJ/K/L) have transferred to Doncaster.

And have now been joined by sisters 37259 (YN07 MLE)....
Oh, and this one is Doncaster-based as well Wink
[Image: 18142804526_191d24e17f_c.jpg]First South Yorkshire 37231 (YN08 LCL) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
Also can be confirmed that, despite it now being based at Doncaster and not being route tied to the X78 (and spent its first day at Doncaster on local work yesterday), 37231/1431 will remain in Rotherham Corporation livery. Somewhat ironically, 37231 was originally new to Doncaster depot.

Dennis Tridents 33061-4 (LN51 GKU/V/X/Y) have been withdrawn from Doncaster and were originally due to transfer to the Cymru fleet - however, it appears 33064 have arrived there and is too tall for its new home depot.
Yorkshire Tiger

A number of second-hand vehicles have been purchased, likely for the Barnsley expansion at the end of the Month. They are:

Optare Versa: V1170 YJ57YCA, YJ62FBL ex-Webberbus (via Ensign)
Optare Solo: MX03EHC ex-Pilkington Bus, M890 269 (YJ05 WCP) ex-Ross Travel, M890 YJ05WCR ex-Ross Travel, M950 YJ58PGK ex-Optare Rental fleet (and Ross Travel), M880 YJ59 GHB/G ex-GHA Travel (via Ensign)
(05 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Yorkshire Tiger

A number of second-hand vehicles have been purchased, likely for the Barnsley expansion at the end of the Month. They are:

Optare Versa: V1170 YJ57YCA, YJ62FBL ex-Webberbus (via Ensign)
Optare Solo:  MX03EHC ex-Pilkington Bus, M890 269 (YJ05 WCP) ex-Ross Travel, M890 YJ05WCR ex-Ross Travel, M950 YJ58PGK ex-Optare Rental fleet (and Ross Travel),  M880 YJ59 GHB/G ex-GHA Travel (via Ensign)

The Versa's are to be dedicated to commercial service X58 which links Halifax, Ripponden & Rochdale, increasing capacity on this popular route which runs every hour.
First South Yorkshire

Further details about Rotherham area operations after the closure on the depot have been posted on-line:
  • The X1 will be operated by Olive Grove depot for the vast majority of the time. However, the evening/Sunday journeys that terminate/commence on Maltby High Street which interwork with the 10 will be operated by Doncaster depot.
  • Doncaster depot are due to receive another 8 buses from Rotherham to cover the increased PVR - Doncaster's total PVR from 19th February will be 121.
(06 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm)S813 FVK wrote As a tribute to Peter Melville-Smith who sadly passed away last month, 36 branded Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 3615 (BL65 YYN) will be named in his honour.

Photo courtesy of Scott Poole:
.jpg IMG_0998.JPG
(06 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm)S813 FVK wrote As a tribute to Peter Melville-Smith who sadly passed away last month, 36 branded Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 3615 (BL65 YYN) will be named in his honour.

A tribute from Transdev to Peter Melville-Smith has appeared in the Harrogate Advertiser.

http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/new...-1-8331816
(16 Jan 2017, 12:53 pm)Adrian wrote Take a look at @alextransdev's Tweet: https://twitter.com/alextransdev/status/...74240?s=09

Marketing ploy or a very good way of engaging with local customers? 

It's nice to see a long term strategy being produced, and it'll be interesting to see what it means for Harrogate.

Interesting.
I am curious to see what they actually share that isn't commercially sensitive. Enough to engage customers, but not enough to give competitors a massive heads-up.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(16 Jan 2017, 1:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote Interesting.
I am curious to see what they actually share that isn't commercially sensitive. Enough to engage customers, but not enough to give competitors a massive heads-up.

Me too. I hope it offers not only stability for customers, but an actual plan in place to increase patronage. I think their customer engagement is already right up there, and this is just another example of it, in my opinion!

I quite like what Transdev are doing with their networks. I've been over to Harrogate twice now for buses, and I've found it to be impressive. I plan to have another trip down when it's a bit warmer, and actually ride round on some of their local services.

What they've done with the 36 is equally as impressive. I've done Harrogate to Leeds twice on it now, and the quality of service is really second to none. I plan to try their new Coastliner offering in the coming months too.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Jan 2017, 6:45 pm)Adrian wrote Me too. I hope it offers not only stability for customers, but an actual plan in place to increase patronage. I think their customer engagement is already right up there, and this is just another example of it, in my opinion!

I quite like what Transdev are doing with their networks. I've been over to Harrogate twice now for buses, and I've found it to be impressive. I plan to have another trip down when it's a bit warmer, and actually ride round on some of their local services.

What they've done with the 36 is equally as impressive. I've done Harrogate to Leeds twice on it now, and the quality of service is really second to none. I plan to try their new Coastliner offering in the coming months too.

I recommend Wetherby for a look if you are down there. There's a bit of variety too.
Cracking fish and chip shop more or less across the road from the bus station too.

On a slightly different note, WYPTE are wanting feedback on their Boxing Day services.
http://www.wymetro.com/news/Boxing_Day_Survey/ Nice to see them looking for feedback.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(16 Jan 2017, 8:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote I recommend Wetherby for a look if you are down there. There's a bit of variety too.
Cracking fish and chip shop more or less across the road from the bus station too.

On a slightly different note, WYPTE are wanting feedback on their Boxing Day services.
http://www.wymetro.com/news/Boxing_Day_Survey/ Nice to see them looking for feedback.

The Whaler? I've been there twice. We visited on the way back from LVVS in 2015, and also on the way back from Showbus in September. I rate it! Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote The new Volvo B5TL EvoSeti's have now entered service at Withernsea depot:

[Image: 31562993894_85965b1d50.jpg]East Yorkshire 798, BP66VLA. by EYBusman, on Flickr

It has also been reported that EYMS have ordered a further five ADL E200MMCs for Scarborough depot which are due to be delivered early next year.

Route One's piece on it

http://www.route-one.net/articles/EYMS_i...r_10_buses
(10 Jan 2017, 9:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote First South Yorkshire

Further details about Rotherham area operations after the closure on the depot have been posted on-line:
  • The X1 will be operated by Olive Grove depot for the vast majority of the time. However, the evening/Sunday journeys that terminate/commence on Maltby High Street which interwork with the 10 will be operated by Doncaster depot.
  • Doncaster depot are due to receive another 8 buses from Rotherham to cover the increased PVR - Doncaster's total PVR from 19th February will be 121.

The 8 buses transferring from Rotherham to Doncaster are moving this weekend, with the remaining 8 X78 boards. The vehicles transferring are Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400 30564/5/7-70/5/7 (WU02 KVE/F/H/J/K/L/S/V).

Stagecoach Yorkshire

Fleet Changes this weekend include (some have already taken place):
  • Scania K230UB/Alexander Dennis Enviro300 28675-8 (YN62 FXR/T/U/W)
  • MAN 18.240/Alexander Dennis Enviro300: 22560/1 (YN57 MYD/F) from Barnsley to Ecclesfield,  22617/29/30/3/4 (YN08 JHA, JFJ/K/V/X) Rawmarsh to Ecclesfield
  • A number of Ecclesfield's MAN 18.240/Alexander Dennis ALX300 will move into reserve or withdrawn (likely for cascade)