Menu

Pages (41)    117 18 1941   
busmanT   13 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote If they are in Service by then of course, I have a feeling the B9's may not enter Service until mid January at the Latest as they due to Arrive in December at somepoint, Plus the fact there is 34 of them which makes the chances of this happening even more Unlikely I think, But fingers crossed this won't be the case.

I understand that at least some of the new Volvo B9 will be in service before xmas
gtom   13 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm
I can just see the Facebook Page now

A.Whinger - The S1 was 15 minutes late this morning

GNE - I'm sorry to hear that Whinger. Unfortunately the S1 was stuck in traffic as it left the depot. This is being monitored and I do apologise.

A Whinger - The S1 broke down today at the Metrocentre Bus Station and it took an hour before a replacement came

GNE - Please accept my apologies. We were unable to quickly send a replacement from our nearest depot
Michael   13 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm
How many spares do Winlaton and Gateshead currently have?

Not sure on which non branded services are operated from each depot.

I'm sure i read on here all the Versa's are here now for the Citylink (including the 2 spares).

next up... the Solo SR's for Venture.

=)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   13 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm)busmanT wrote I understand that at least some of the new Volvo B9 will be in service before xmas

I'll call that as one Batch then, as it is just over 6 weeks till Xmas, it could be doable. Has there been a Confirmed Date for the Citylink Versas as I think it'll be on Sunday 24th November.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   13 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I'll call that as one Batch then, as it is just over 6 weeks till Xmas, it could be doable. Has there been a Confirmed Date for the Citylink Versas as I think it'll be on Sunday 24th November.

It looks like that will be the date, think all of them are here now.

Venture should be start of December, depending on when they arrive

Fab 56 or Cobalt Clipper but which batch will arrive first and what colour?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   13 Nov 2013, 9:08 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm)Michael wrote It looks like that will be the date, think all of them are here now.

Venture should be start of December, depending on when they arrive

Fab 56 or Cobalt Clipper but which batch will arrive first and what colour?

Yeah the Versas are all here, but if the Ventures are not due in till the Start of December then I can't see how having the B9's out in Service before Xmas is doable, Surely for this to be doable the SR's should start arriving from Next Week to allow Saltmeadows the 3 Weeks, which has been the Average for getting the New Vehicles out in service after Delivery to Saltmeadows.
gtom   13 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm
Is Winter the best time to introduce a set of shiny new buses to the Venture routes?
Andreos1   13 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm)gtomlinson wrote Is Winter the best time to introduce a set of shiny new buses to the Venture routes?

Only if Optare can guarantee to get the spare/replacement parts airlifted up to Consett International Airport!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   13 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm)andreos1 wrote Only if Optare can guarantee to get the spare/replacement parts airlifted up to Consett International Airport!

Nah man an Engineer will get his Mobile Phone and call Optare and they'll send them via Helicopter and Drop them into Stanley Depot as if it was a Care Package on Call of Duty.
gtom   13 Nov 2013, 9:26 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm)andreos1 wrote Only if Optare can guarantee to get the spare/replacement parts airlifted up to Consett International Airport!

Big Grin

My thoughts exactly. With Durham CC record on gritting we could see the shiny new Optares spend their time safely snowbound away in a cozy garage whilst they quickly send out some MPD's to an icy doom
Rapidsnap   13 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm
I thought heading to Consett was impending doom for anything.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
gtom   13 Nov 2013, 10:01 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I thought heading to Consett was impending doom for anything.

You're going to get hate mail from the Consett People's Army. There's only one of them though
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   13 Nov 2013, 10:02 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I thought heading to Consett was impending doom for anything.

Its nearly as bad as the Streets of Howdon and Battle Hill Tongue
Rapidsnap   14 Nov 2013, 1:32 am
Trust me, I've worked in worse places then Howdon. But I suppose it's what your used to.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Dan   14 Nov 2013, 8:32 am
8269 (?) being worked on by engineers at Park Lane this morning.
Michael   14 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm
Thanks to Ken O'Heed, he has uploaded the latest pictures of the new depot on Skyscraper city site. Pictures are from the 13.11.13

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1517587&page=2

Looking good =D

Bus and coach has a small part on GNE investment on the Drifter.

Also

http://gonortheast.blogspot.co.uk/2013/1...buses.html

Reading on facebook on the GNE page...

well I lyk the new 58's even the wifi is workin on it as well nd it must b the 1st 1 on the route

Go North East Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you like them

Didn't even know at least 1 of them is out in service.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   14 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm
Recently transferred 8216 is on 39s today. Just passed the Wavey for Doxxy Park.
MrFozz   14 Nov 2013, 4:33 pm
Was many GNE services towards Shields and Boldon diverted through Fulwell today, down the E6/23 route, I was on a 23 heading to the Town from Sea Road and passed a 35 displaying Not In Service, I just assumed it was because of Works going at Fulwell Grange Traffic Lights, went up there on an E2 and took nigh on 20 mins to get through the Temporary Lights...So does anyone know if I saw a one off or if other services were following suit...

Also, what work is coming up at Grangetown, saw a note on the top stands departure boards advising of forthcoming work and saying to expect disruption.
busmanT   14 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm
(13 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I'll call that as one Batch then, as it is just over 6 weeks till Xmas, it could be doable. Has there been a Confirmed Date for the Citylink Versas as I think it'll be on Sunday 24th November.

The first Versa should have been on the road today, subject to DVLA might all be on the road by Monday!

Solo should start arriving next week.
busmanT   14 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm

The first Versa should have been on the road today, subject to DVLA might all be on the road by Monday!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   14 Nov 2013, 6:06 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm)busmanT wrote The first Versa should have been on the road today, subject to DVLA might all be on the road by Monday!

I seen a post about it on FB earlier, really they should of all being let out at the same time haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   14 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm
Un ID'd Red Arrows just passed through Park Lane
LVK 404L   14 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote I seen a post about it on FB earlier, really they should of all being let out at the same time haha

Did someone not post last week, that the first service 58 of the day, was operated by one of the new Versas last week, so effectively, that was the first operation, was it not?
citaro5284   14 Nov 2013, 6:39 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm)ifm001 wrote Did someone not post last week, that the first service 58 of the day, was operated by one of the new Versas last week, so effectively, that was the first operation, was it not?

It was not in service, they were testing the next stop announcements.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   14 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 6:39 pm)citaro5284 wrote It was not in service, they were testing the next stop announcements.

What's the delay wih the drifter ones? Has there been some issues with them?
Malarkey   14 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm)busmanT wrote The first Versa should have been on the road today, subject to DVLA might all be on the road by Monday!

That's excellent news, Citylink Passengers will be happy with that then, so with the Solos arriving next week, that should mean the target of getting the Geminis out before Xmas will be fulfilled then.
Adrian   14 Nov 2013, 8:10 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's excellent news, Citylink Passengers will be happy with that then, so with the Solos arriving next week, that should mean the target of getting the Geminis out before Xmas will be fulfilled then.

Not at rush hour when they're all crunched together. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   14 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 8:10 pm)aureolin wrote Not at rush hour when they're all crunched together. Wink

That's true they'll moaning again soon, I used the 58 a few times Last Week whilst I was stopping at my Dads and it was packed, I don't see the Versas lasting unless GNE increase the Frequency and stop it from running to Hadrian Park. I'll put a Service Suggestion on the Route Suggestion Thread in a bit.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   14 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's true they'll moaning again soon, I used the 58 a few times Last Week whilst I was stopping at my Dads and it was packed, I don't see the Versas lasting unless GNE increase the Frequency and stop it from running to Hadrian Park. I'll put a Service Suggestion on the Route Suggestion Thread in a bit.

Are Deckers not suitable for the 58 for some reason? As I don't see why they didn't buy B9's? When they've upgraded a lot of routes for Deckers recently (Red Arrows, TEN, Fab 56, Cobalt Clipper).
Andreos1   14 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm
(14 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Are Deckers not suitable for the 58 for some reason? As I don't see why they didn't buy B9's? When they've upgraded a lot of routes for Deckers recently (Red Arrows, TEN, Fab 56, Cobalt Clipper).

They always used to be operated by deckers.
One of the restored Metrobuses even has 1990's style branding for the route!

It seems the longer interurban/city to city routes are worked by deckers, but for some reason they feel the 58 is suited to Versas...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Pages (41)    117 18 1941