Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
Recently transferred 22021 is on 16s today. At Royal Hospital for Hastings Hill now.
(16 Nov 2013, 8:26 am)Richard Smiles wrote I suggest everyone take another look at the photo by Gregg Collins of the Scania GAS bus, also uploaded by Dan, as in the background, behind the gate/fence there is another of the batch covered in Vinyls/ Contravision with Yellow Circles etc., so it looks like they are to carry a Very Special Livery indeed. An email this morning from Gregg has confirmed this.

Regards Richard

Ah yes, nice spot =D
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Nov 2013, 6:53 pm)Michael wrote Changes to Services 8, 20, E1, E2 and E6 from Monday 25 November 2013 Service Update
To reduce the problems caused by ongoing roadworks along St.Mary’s Way, Services 8, 20, E1, E2 and E6 will be revised to no longer observe the bus stops at Marks and Spencer’s, the Londonderry or Empire Theatre. There will also be some consequential changes to other bus stops in the city centre.

Last Updated : 15 November 2013 15:57

Services 8 and 20 arriving in Sunderland City Centre will be revised to observe bus stops along Stockton Road and Burdon Road, terminating at a new bus stop on Fawcett Street (outside Wilkinson’s). Buses arriving in the City Centre will no longer stop on Green Terrace, Vine Place or at the north end of Fawcett Street.

Services 8 and 20 from Sunderland City Centre will start from Fawcett Street Wilkinson’s, and observe a bus stop on Holmeside. Daytime buses will also stop on Green Terrace. As a result, they will no longer stop at the north end of Fawcett Street, the back of Marks and Spencer’s, the Londonderry, or opposite Empire Theatre.

Services E1, E2 and E6 arriving in Sunderland City Centre will stop at John Street before reaching Park Lane Interchange, and will no longer stop at Marks and Spencer’s or the Londonderry.

Services E1, E2 and E6 from Sunderland City Centre will continue to use the same bus stops at Park Lane Interchange and Fawcett Street.

These necessary changes are aimed at improving the overall reliability of your bus services, and will remain in place until the St.Mary’s Way highways scheme is completed, and bus priority is established (estimated Summer/Autumn 2014).

There are no changes to timetables.

New timetables uploaded, it is just minor changes but here they are anyway.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/...nd%208.pdf

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/...-E2-E6.pdf
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm)Dan wrote 19196 has broken down in Gateshead.

Noticed it had new vinyls applied for the Sunday X34?

Gas Buses look smart.
Stagecoach have updated their info for christmas.. on phone cant give full details sorry.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Closures of Leechmere Road in Grangetown, affecting Services 10 and 18/19 Service Update
During Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 November 2013, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close Leechmere Road to allow for road resurfacing works.

Last Updated : 18 November 2013 10:32

As well as requiring a diversion for Services 18 and 19, these works will also have an effect on the route of Service 10 within Hill View Estate.

During Wednesday 27 November, between approximately 0800 and 1200 noon, Service 10 buses towards Grangetown will have to be diverted from Eye Infirmary to operate clockwise via Queen Alexandra Road, Woodstock Avenue, Westheath Avenue, Hereford Road, Hill View Road, Sea View Road West, Queen Alexandra Road to Ocean Road terminus. As a consequence, affected journeys will observe the bus stops on the opposite side of the road around Hill View Estate, and will be unable to serve its stops on Woodstock Avenue or at the Alexandra Hotel. Customers should check the destination blind on the bus to ensure they are boarding their intended journey. We have been advised Service 10 should be able to resume normal operations after approx 1200noon on Wednesday 27 November, and will be unaffected during Thursday 28 November. These works will not affect Service 10 journeys from Grangetown on either day.

During both Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 November, between approximately 0800 and 1600, Service 18 will be diverted from Ocean Road to operate direct via Queen Alexandra Road to Sunderland Eye Infirmary. Service 19 will operate via this route in reverse. Buses will observe all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route. As a result of this diversion, Services 18 and 19 will be unable to serve their normal bus stops along Helvellyn Road or Leechmere Road (including the ‘Asda’ bus stop) during affected periods.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, there is the potential that bus services may be subject to delays and disruption.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Nov 2013, 4:14 pm)Michael wrote Stagecoach have updated their info for christmas.. on phone cant give full details sorry.
Good to see the vast majority of the Stagecoach offerings being run on a commercial basis. All of the Newcastle routes (with the exception of the 7 – odd as you’d have thought a bus to the Metrocentre would be perhaps more commercially viable than some of the others!) are being run commercially on Boxing Day. Everything in Sunderland is commercial with the exception of the E2 & E6. Shields only has the 1 & 2 running commercially with the 10, 11 & Es relying on Nexus funding).
Wonder why nothing at all on Teesside is commercially viable.
(18 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Good to see the vast majority of the Stagecoach offerings being run on a commercial basis. All of the Newcastle routes (with the exception of the 7 – odd as you’d have thought a bus to the Metrocentre would be perhaps more commercially viable than some of the others!) are being run commercially on Boxing Day. Everything in Sunderland is commercial with the exception of the E2 & E6. Shields only has the 1 & 2 running commercially with the 10, 11 & Es relying on Nexus funding).
Wonder why nothing at all on Teesside is commercially viable.

More or less all commercial in T&W and not too reliant on public funding either?
Excellent.

Shame about Teesside, wonder what a certain member of the forum living on Teesside will be doing on Boxing Day?
He was quite vocal about Boxing Day services the other day... Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm)andreos1 wrote More or less all commercial in T&W and not too reliant on public funding either?
Excellent.

Shame about Teesside, wonder what a certain member of the forum living on Teesside will be doing on Boxing Day?
He was quite vocal about Boxing Day services the other day... Wink

As it should be - both myself and Scott discussed this after a certain vocal member of the Teesside scene started his normal moaning, and the only route that would probably justify a Boxing Day service is the 36, and only then on an hourly service to cover the cost (hourly service would only need 3 buses if you ran to the Marina in Hartlepool) and even then, be pointless opening the depot for just 3 buses all day.
As for what I'll be doing Boxing Day, what Boxing Day has always been about - spending the day at home with my family, the way things should be.
(18 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm)Kuyoyo wrote As it should be - both myself and Scott discussed this after a certain vocal member of the Teesside scene started his normal moaning, and the only route that would probably justify a Boxing Day service is the 36, and only then on an hourly service to cover the cost (hourly service would only need 3 buses if you ran to the Marina in Hartlepool) and even then, be pointless opening the depot for just 3 buses all day.
As for what I'll be doing Boxing Day, what Boxing Day has always been about - spending the day at home with my family, the way things should be.

That is true, i don't know what the rush is to go to Sunderland/Newcastle/metrocentre for the sales... id rather be in the house
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm)Michael wrote That is true, i don't know what the rush is to go to Sunderland/Newcastle/metrocentre for the sales... id rather be in the house

After spending the day on xmas day sitting about, I want to do anything but be in the house haha. Probably not to the extreme of the Metro Centre, but certainly visiting people and such.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm)aureolin wrote After spending the day on xmas day sitting about, I want to do anything but be in the house haha. Probably not to the extreme of the Metro Centre, but certainly visiting people and such.

Same id rather avoid the citycentres and of course the metrocentre but i might go out for a few pints to my local pub.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Nov 2013, 10:18 pm)Michael wrote Same id rather avoid the citycentres and of course the metrocentre but i might go out for a few pints to my local pub.

Must admit I went to the Metrocentre for the sales last year on Boxing Day, and picked up a few of the buses while I was there.
I can't stay in for more than a day though, I need to get myself out at some point.

Didn't even stay in last Christmas either actually. Biked down to GNE's Deptford depot and SNE's Wheatsheaf depot while I was going to a family member's house to wish them a Merry Christmas.

What a very sad life I lead. Tongue
Site Administrator
22488's ticket machine has broken so has had to uave a replacement bus... 36092.
I think all the walkergate B10's are now parked up at the back of the depot, all minus their destination screens, finally the end for them, are they off to ensign as well???
Hi I think the three b10 ble should go the ones at stockton and replace with three alx 300 man from stagecoach in sunderland when the new buses come.
Complete set of fleet numbers with regs for the Scania Gas E300's:
28001/YN63BXO
28002/YN63BXP
28003/YN63BXW
28004/YN63BXY
28005/YN63BXV
28006/YN63BXX
28007/YN63BXJ
28008/YN63BXF
28009/YN63BXG
28010/YN63BXK
28011/YN63BXS
28012/YN63BXH
28013/YN63BXL
28014/YN63BXM
28015/YN63BXR
28016/YN63BXE
28017/YN63BXU
Site Administrator
(20 Nov 2013, 9:20 pm)mattdw92 wrote Complete set of fleet numbers with regs for the Scania Gas E300's:
28001/YN63BXO
28002/YN63BXP
28003/YN63BXW
28004/YN63BXY
28005/YN63BXV
28006/YN63BXX
28007/YN63BXJ
28008/YN63BXF
28009/YN63BXG
28010/YN63BXK
28011/YN63BXS
28012/YN63BXH
28013/YN63BXL
28014/YN63BXM
28015/YN63BXR
28016/YN63BXE
28017/YN63BXU

Just a reminder to everyone that when Richard Smiles kindly posted these registrations just over two weeks ago (see post here), he told us that the fleet numbers had not been allocated by Stagecoach North East, but by the manufacturer (Scania). This is, of course, due to the closure of the local DVLA office closures around the country.
As such, these registrations are not set in stone just yet, and are subject to change. We can clearly see that they are not in alphabetical order as they typically would be, which certainly suggests the Stagecoach North East fleet coordinator may re-jig them somewhat.

I tried to reiterate this in the news article which was posted last weekend too, to avoid any confusion.
(22 Nov 2013, 5:28 am)ADLEnviro wrote 21157 is the only B10BLE in the line up, the rest are 33xxx Darts, 21153 and 21155 are still in daily use and as seen in another post both were on loan to Slatyford on Monday and Tuesday.

oh right thanks hahaha, i was just going off what i could see by going past on the metro
21156 is still at south shields. also 33492 is still Here as well.

Any word on 22021 at Sunderland.
(22 Nov 2013, 9:42 pm)ROBIN wrote 21156 is still at south shields. also 33492 is still Here as well.

Any word on 22021 at Sunderland.

Also, does anyone know if 22021 has replaced an older MAN at Sunderland?
Site Administrator
(22 Nov 2013, 10:43 pm)Simmy wrote Also, does anyone know if 22021 has replaced an older MAN at Sunderland?

It replaced 35190, didn't it? That's the Dart which was transferred to Shields in its place.