Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
What will 51A interwork with? Noticed that it is now scheduled to get into Haymarket at 24 yet depart at 20. Also, on match days, is a hybrid always allocated to the first one after the game?
(05 Jan 2019, 2:28 am)JM03 wrote What will 51A interwork with? Noticed that it is now scheduled to get into Haymarket at 24 yet depart at 20. Also, on match days, is a hybrid always allocated to the first one after the game?

It might interwork with 52/54...

(05 Jan 2019, 6:52 am)S830OFT wrote It might interwork with 52/54...

They aren't going to use as Solo on the 52-54.
(05 Jan 2019, 9:01 am)pbjd wrote They aren't going to use as Solo on the 52-54.
Tbh, theres always a one on there a couple of times a week. Same for the 43.
(04 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm)TezzaPaul wrote Does anyone know what the fleet numbers are gonna be when the centros that have been transferred over to Stockton come onto service? I've heard that they're currently at the back of the depot.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

1534-6 I believe. Originally were 1535-7 but they hadn't realized they didn't already have a 1534!!
(05 Jan 2019, 2:28 am)JM03 wrote What will 51A interwork with? Noticed that it is now scheduled to get into Haymarket at 24 yet depart at 20. Also, on match days, is a hybrid always allocated to the first one after the game?

51/51A will interwork with 55.  55 currently has 22 mins layover between trips, as an extra bus was added to cycle when Killingworth Road bridge works started.
(05 Jan 2019, 4:42 pm)TezzaPaul wrote I thought they might have followed on from the two current centros, with numbers being 1925 - 27

Teesside Bus Spotter | Arriva fan all the way

They are different chassis though.
(09 Jan 2019, 5:41 pm)GNE6312 wrote Are arriva still striking on Saturday

Yes they are, this will mean service X12 is NOT operating to Newcastle. Only Middlesbrough to Durham.

Rumour has it that there'll be no Arriva buses on Saturday. Anyone heard the rumour?

(09 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm)TezzaPaul wrote Rumour has it that there'll be no Arriva buses on Saturday. Anyone heard the rumour?

While this is possible, the wording all week on Arriva's website suggests services will operate on Saturday.

"We do not expect to be able to operate a service on Sunday 6th January. Service details for Saturday 12th January will be posted by Friday 11th January."
Arriva really need to consider the attitude of staff as this evening on the 22/24 (the 17:43 departure for Durham) the female driver was extremely rude and unpleasant to all passengers and at a stop just off Peterlee a man questioned "are the strikes on tommorow" she very rudely shouted "YES" and shut the doors just as he went to ask for more information. 

At Sherburn a passenger boarded and went to pay, she pointed to the sign stating "Free Travel" and he asked "is it free?" She ignored him and did not even respond and drove away before he was even seated.

Upon arrival at Durham she dropped off at the 64 bus stop opposed to the Bus Station so I questioned "are you not going into the bus station" she replied very aggressively "It's over there" I am speechless at this, she might be having a bad day but there is absolutely no need to take it out on the passengers.

I shall be e-mailing Arriva about this as the attitude from this employee is just simply unacceptable and is not even delivering good customer service in anyway.

(09 Jan 2019, 8:46 pm)S830OFT wrote Arriva really need to consider the attitude of staff as this evening on the 22/24 (the 17:43 departure for Durham) the female driver was extremely rude and unpleasant to all passengers and at a stop just off Peterlee a man questioned "are the strikes on tommorow" she very rudely shouted "YES" and shut the doors just as he went to ask for more information. 

At Sherburn a passenger boarded and went to pay, she pointed to the sign stating "Free Travel" and he asked "is it free?" She ignored him and did not even respond and drove away before he was even seated.

Upon arrival at Durham she dropped off at the 64 bus stop opposed to the Bus Station so I questioned "are you not going into the bus station" she replied very aggressively "It's over there" I am speechless at this, she might be having a bad day but there is absolutely no need to take it out on the passengers.

I shall be e-mailing Arriva about this as the attitude from this employee is just simply unacceptable and is not even delivering good customer service in anyway.

Think yourself lucky you got a bus!
It may be it wasn't a normal driver. Could have been a fitter or something that hasn't had public relations training.
(09 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm)Cock Robin wrote Think yourself lucky you got a bus!
It may be it wasn't a normal driver. Could have been a fitter or something that hasn't had public relations training.

Well it was a female in her late 20s maybe early 30s... One thing I must say is I feel sorry for Arriva, the embarrassment to their values of the customer being the prime objective to their business and the rude and aggressive behaviour from this so called driver is simply disgraceful and she knows not one thing about customer care. I think that Sapphire Care programme tought to Sapphire drivers should be rolled out to all staff as each service has Arriva's most precious cargo on-board.

Jamie M
Unregistered
(09 Jan 2019, 9:37 pm)S830OFT wrote Well it was a female in her late 20s maybe early 30s... One thing I must say is I feel sorry for Arriva, the embarrassment to their values of the customer being the prime objective to their business and the rude and aggressive behaviour from this so called driver is simply disgraceful and she knows not one thing about customer care. I think that Sapphire Care programme tought to Sapphire drivers should be rolled out to all staff as each service has Arriva's most precious cargo on-board.
Might be taking a punt here, but I think they **might** have a few more.... er... pressing matters than whether a driver was on top form on not...

I also don't see how age or gender has anything to do with the possibility of her job.
(09 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm)Cock Robin wrote Think yourself lucky you got a bus!

You shouldn't need training to be civilised. 

Then again, I can think of a few people who do...
(09 Jan 2019, 9:37 pm)S830OFT wrote Well it was a female in her late 20s maybe early 30s... One thing I must say is I feel sorry for Arriva, the embarrassment to their values of the customer being the prime objective to their business and the rude and aggressive behaviour from this so called driver is simply disgraceful and she knows not one thing about customer care. I think that Sapphire Care programme tought to Sapphire drivers should be rolled out to all staff as each service has Arriva's most precious cargo on-board.

I think most passengers will have been grateful to the driver for turning up under the circumstances.
(10 Jan 2019, 4:48 pm)Cock Robin wrote I think most passengers will have been grateful to the driver for turning up under the circumstances.

Well this evening she was again this evening with the passengers feeling depressed by the looks of it and with one even telling me he would have rather got a Taxi. And this evening she was texting (by the looks of it her unfortunate husband) with the engine running. Aswell as this when a passenger asked if she was going to Peterlee she replied "I'm going to the toilet" and walked off, absolutely disgraceful attitude to have with customers.

And being so busy I still haven't had a chance to email Arriva about this.

A very limited strike timetabled service will be offered tomorrow, timetables can be found on here: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/f...ike-buses/

Only a few services out of Belmont, Redcar & Whitby will run
(11 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm)Jimmi wrote A very limited strike timetabled service will be offered tomorrow, timetables can be found on here: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/f...ike-buses/

Only a few services out of Belmont, Redcar & Whitby will run

Take it the managers won't be out tommorow?
Belmont are only offering a hourly timetable on 43/49/56/64 and the 56 is only going to Coxhoe.
I can see Scarlet Band being extremely busy as their routes run close to Arriva, also expect Northern Rail to be busy as they are also on strike. Redcar are only offering the 62 Redcar to Marske, 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough and 64 Middlesbrough to Eston all hourly frequency. Whitby have 2 journeys to Scarborough and a 90 minute frequency on the 95.

I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

Horrible customer service. She's like that all the time as well; an absolutely disgusting way to represent Arriva.
(12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm)BeachBoy99 wrote I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

Horrible customer service. She's like that all the time as well; an absolutely disgusting way to represent Arriva.

I told the Arriva manager woman the one with long dark hair and she was shocked and concerned when I told her about the attitude, she said I need to pass on my details to CSMs and make a formal complaint. 
I'm not surprised at all this driver wasn't on strike, her type just care about money and not standing on the picket line.

Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

(12 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm)S830OFT wrote Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.
(12 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm)BusLoverMum wrote That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.

Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.

Jamie M
Unregistered
(12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm)S830OFT wrote Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.
We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...
(12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm)Jamie M wrote We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...

Not everyone is loaded with cash you know!
No Bus Service in Newton Aycliffe No Trains after 18:00, people from Durham getting there would falk out a fortune. I think it's outrageous that Arriva Durham chose to run 4 routes but they were the shortest of routes...
Examples of places cut off because of Arriva's decision:
Sedgefield: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Ferryhill and Bishop.
Ferryhill: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Sedgefield and Bishop.
Bishop Auckland: Only Weardale, Scarlet Band, Go North East and a very infrequent Northern Trains service.
Newton Aycliffe: Only Northern Trains operating until 18:00.
Darlington: Mainly Trains with Scarlet Band 16 running aswell as Dales/District 29/34/72.

Scarlet Band must have made a big profit this week from having to pick up the pieces, I seen the 52 leaving to Esh Winning with a full load, also seen the 58 coming into Coxhoe with standing room only.

(12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm)S830OFT wrote Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.

This is nothing new. Arriva never have a member of staff around the bus station to answer questions. They have a supervisor yes, but I understand this is more of an operational role than a customer services role. 

The bus station employ security staff, but again, I believe that is more of an operational role than a customer services role. There is just one guard that happens to be quite helpful, but its not really his role as I understand?

(12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm)Jamie M wrote We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...

Taxis are not an affordable option to the vast majority of people. They are expensive, with fares being significantly higher than those of buses or even trains. In Durham, the evening (Tariff 2) rate is £3.00 start with 15p for each additional 97 yards, or part thereof. So somewhere relatively close, such as Sherburn Village, would be £13 for that single journey. In comparison, Arriva offer a weekly ticket covering that journey for £14.

But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Jamie M
Unregistered
(12 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm)Adrian wrote But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.

Seemed constructive to me, added a new angle of thought to taxis. Economics may well play into it but nobody else mentioned it prior that I can see, it being a fairly big point and seemingly a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre.