You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019
(22 May 2019, 5:21 pm)EL1TE wrote 2x ex-EYMS Presidents and 2x Coaster B5s paying a visit to Volvo in Washington.

The Volvo B7s at Volvo Washington so often because they go there for PSV preparation & test.

The Coaster B5s similarly get serviced at Volvo Washington (along with any other maintenance).
Site Administrator
(22 May 2019, 12:56 pm)Dan wrote 656 also covering today as each one is having vinyl amendments done and some work carried out by Hanover.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This photo depicts some of the vinyl amendments - fixes some of the 'gold on gold' woes...

[Image: 47857798072_1d6bf507a3.jpg]0677 NK16 BXV Go North East by North East Malarkey, on Flickr
(22 May 2019, 9:32 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but with the more professional looking timetable pdfs returning to the GNE website, have they also restarted making paper timetables available?

Ye, haven't seen any on the bus yet (only used the 8 so can't confirm for any other services), not sure if they're in the travelshops yet, haven't had a chance to go in any.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 May 2019, 9:32 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but with the more professional looking timetable pdfs returning to the GNE website, have they also restarted making paper timetables available?

Yeah they have. Sunderland Interchange and Durham bus station have some in.

21 and X 21 have been in their respective buses since sunday. Didn't see any one the 20, which has had bigger changes but not been on it since Sunday.
Site Administrator
(22 May 2019, 9:04 pm)Rapidsnap wrote From comparing to another photo, all they've seemed to have done is changed the logo on the front.
The other changes are all inside.

(23 May 2019, 4:48 am)Dan wrote The other changes are all inside.

The new cove branding?
Site Administrator
(23 May 2019, 5:36 am)JP6004 wrote The new cove branding?
Not quite - but new tip up seat vinyls, emergency exit vinyls, buggy/wheelchair zone vinyls and a welcome message on the cab door.

When will the issues with the app be resolved? It's basically useless down here in Bishop unless you're going Northbound from Bus Station.
Southbound buses still don't show and all the new stops still aren't showing

On the bright side, the new timetables look rather sharp in person, although the font is a bit bigger than I was expecting on the X21. The older passengers certainly shouldn't have a problem seeing the times!
Site Administrator
(23 May 2019, 4:02 pm)streetdeckfan wrote When will the issues with the app be resolved? It's basically useless down here in Bishop unless you're going Northbound from Bus Station.
Southbound buses still don't show and all the new stops still aren't showing

On the bright side, the new timetables look rather sharp in person, although the font is a bit bigger than I was expecting on the X21. The older passengers certainly shouldn't have a problem seeing the times!
Have you contacted Go North East about this?

(23 May 2019, 6:01 pm)Dan wrote Have you contacted Go North East about this?

I spoke to them twice on Monday about it and they said they'd passed it onto the developers.
I don't know much about how their back end works, but it doesn't seem like it would take too much time to fix.
Site Administrator
(23 May 2019, 6:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I spoke to them twice on Monday about it and they said they'd passed it onto the developers.
I don't know much about how their back end works, but it doesn't seem like it would take too much time to fix.
All of these things take time.

Issues with the app are raised to Go-Ahead Group's app development team (there isn't one locally).

(23 May 2019, 6:09 pm)Dan wrote All of these things take time.

Issues with the app are raised to Go-Ahead Group's app development team (there isn't one locally).

I would have thought they'd have planned far enough ahead for the new stops to be ready for the new route, but then again, bus companies aren't exactly known for their time keeping!

It's not too much of an issue for me as I can still estimate the times by looking at the stops that are actually there, but others might not.

The issue that annoys me most is the app now says that the X21 doesn't go via Victoria Street and Newgate Street North when it does, i don't know how they managed to mess that up when the rest of the stops work.
Are the older solos gonna get re-trimmed and a lick of paint inside or are we stuck with the way they are
Kind Regards
Tez
(23 May 2019, 10:07 pm)JP6004 wrote Oh the fleet list has disappeared

Well, it's still there, they've just removed the link from the menu.
I'd imagine they've finally got the allocations sorted and it's being updated, either that or someone accidentally clicked the wrong button!
Just occurred to me that I'm hoping that the re-painting of the whey aye five-O's isn't completed to soon, since my big five-O is in October. I at least expect a fleet of appropriately designed buses to come out and celebrate the occasion Big Grin
(23 May 2019, 10:18 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Just occurred to me that I'm hoping that the re-painting of the whey aye five-O's isn't completed to soon, since my big five-O is in October. I at least expect a fleet of appropriately designed buses to come out and celebrate the occasion Big Grin

You'll just have to ride on the 49  Tongue
(23 May 2019, 10:18 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Just occurred to me that I'm hoping that the re-painting of the whey aye five-O's isn't completed to soon, since my big five-O is in October. I at least expect a fleet of appropriately designed buses to come out and celebrate the occasion Big Grin

Your never 50 are ya
Kind Regards
Tez
(24 May 2019, 12:36 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote Is the new service 1A allocated to single deck vehicles only? Just done the new service from Gateshead to Metrocentre and I’ve seen 5201/06/5419 on it

No there’s been hybrids on but the 1A seems to get all the spares allocated, 5231/2 are also on
Also I don’t know what the problem is with the 1A but it is always late, the 11 never had that problem, and neither does the 1.
Site Administrator
(24 May 2019, 1:10 pm)JP6004 wrote Shame the seats weren't retrimmed
Might be in future but too much going on to fit them in at the moment.

(24 May 2019, 12:47 pm)Tom wrote No there’s been hybrids on but the 1A seems to get all the spares allocated, 5231/2 are also on
Also I don’t know what the problem is with the 1A but it is always late, the 11 never had that problem, and neither does the 1.

The westbound 11 was always late by the time it got down Knightside Gardens, at least when I used it. Probably something to do with people double parking on corners along a bus route!

I haven't had a chance to ride the 1A as I've been stuck down in Bishop all week but I can't imagine it being any different
(24 May 2019, 12:36 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote Is the new service 1A allocated to single deck vehicles only? Just done the new service from Gateshead to Metrocentre and I’ve seen 5201/06/5419 on it

5271 was also on it yesterday
Kind Regards
Tez
(24 May 2019, 1:26 pm)Dan wrote Might be in future but too much going on to fit them in at the moment.

Yes I'd imagine a fair bit of red and blue paint will be used over coming weeks

Does this mean Percy Main getting some streetlites or just on loan from consent?