Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(13 Dec 2013, 6:51 pm)Dan wrote I haven't, sorry. Wasn't at a great angle to photograph them from outside of the depot.

Np, is it any better than the current Scania brand, has much changed?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(13 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm)Michael wrote Np, is it any better than the current Scania brand, has much changed?

Pretty much the same from what I could see - just bigger flowers etc to match the double decked vehicle.
Liam will make a paper bus version ready for this Sunday's news... We couldn't see everything properly so it may not be 100% correct, and of course he's working with the graphics available at present too.
(13 Dec 2013, 7:01 pm)Dan wrote Pretty much the same from what I could see - just bigger flowers etc to match the double decked vehicle.
Liam will make a paper bus version ready for this Sunday's news... We couldn't see everything properly so it may not be 100% correct, and of course he's working with the graphics available at present too.

Thanks, hopefully it looks better on the B9 than the scania.. that's including the flowers..

Should be a good see, =D
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Something tells me that the Ex-Fab Fifty Six solars in red are going to be rebranded but not into the new Go North East generic livery. I am thinking this as some of the Ex-South Tyne cadets have been repainted and recieved vinyls before the solars. But if they are, what route would they go onto?
(13 Dec 2013, 7:16 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Something tells me that the Ex-Fab Fifty Six solars in red are going to be rebranded but not into the new Go North East generic livery. I am thinking this as some of the Ex-South Tyne cadets have been repainted and recieved vinyls before the solars. But if they are, what route would they go onto?

The Fab 56 scania's will replace the SPD's in the fleet, along with the 6 from the Whey aye five-0, this means by end of January, their will be no SPD's left.

Don't know if they will be branded anything though.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm)Michael wrote The Fab 56 scania's will replace the SPD's in the fleet, along with the 6 from the Whey aye five-0, this means by end of January, their will be no SPD's left.

Don't know if they will be branded anything though.

I was just thinking that because as i said Cadets are been repainted and hae vinyls applied to them faster than the Solars which have been repainted long before the cadets. Also are some going onto the Wear Tees Xpress? I know there were some rumours about it.
Site Administrator
(13 Dec 2013, 8:28 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote I was just thinking that because as i said Cadets are been repainted and hae vinyls applied to them faster than the Solars which have been repainted long before the cadets. Also are some going onto the Wear Tees Xpress? I know there were some rumours about it.

No. There aren't enough to replace the SPDs and B10s.
I would imagine the Wear tee's Xpress will get some newish buses next year, dunno when that will be.

Can't wait for all the SPD's to be withdrawn by end of January... least then the worst buses will be the Cadets...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Dec 2013, 8:29 pm)Dan wrote No. There aren't enough to replace the SPDs and B10s.

There would be if the 4 WTX Renowns went into the GNE Corporate Livery and 5206-10 went into Maroon for WTX.
Site Administrator
(13 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm)Dan wrote Today's arrivals included NL63YCJ, NL63VJH and NL63YCN - all of which are silver for Cobalt Clipper.

Not sure if we've actually had a photo of a silver B9 yet, so worth sharing the photo I got earlier of them arriving:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/11358876765/

6101 (NL63 YJE) is still at Deptford for driver familiarisation (see photo here) - I had expected it to be replaced as soon as the first branded "Fab Fifty Six" B9 was ready, but hey, ho!

A happy sight for some, but not such a good thing for others - shown in this photo are MPDs 501, 502, 503, 510, 519 and 520 having been withdrawn at Deptford depot.
(13 Dec 2013, 8:35 pm)Michael wrote I would imagine the Wear tee's Xpress will get some newish buses next year, dunno when that will be.

Can't wait for all the SPD's to be withdrawn by end of January... least then the worst buses will be the Cadets...

I personally cant wait to see the back of those spds. Hate driving them, the ones we have at cls are all horrible. On another note i'd wish the volvo b10s were euro 3 standard, they're nice buses to drive.
Site Administrator
(13 Dec 2013, 11:56 pm)nk55 wrote I personally cant wait to see the back of those spds. Hate driving them, the ones we have at cls are all horrible. On another note i'd wish the volvo b10s were euro 3 standard, they're nice buses to drive.

Not an SPD, but a Dart nevertheless...
Are you keen on 8289? Got some welly behind it, that one! Fastest Dart I've been on, that's for sure.
(13 Dec 2013, 11:56 pm)nk55 wrote I personally cant wait to see the back of those spds. Hate driving them, the ones we have at cls are all horrible. On another note i'd wish the volvo b10s were euro 3 standard, they're nice buses to drive.

The ones on the Lime are great but are now starting to fail, last few times ive seen the 8/78/78A theirs being a couple of Northern B10's on.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(14 Dec 2013, 12:01 am)Michael wrote The ones on the Lime are great but are now starting to fail, last few times ive seen the 8/78/78A theirs being a couple of Northern B10's on.

I know it won't happen, but I reckon another interior refurb would get a few more years out of them. Good solid bus and a comfortable ride. You actually get some leg room unlike the solars on the 50.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
SIgns have now been put up at the new depot, reading 'GATESHEAD RIVERSIDE', with the one hundredth anniversary logo on etc.
(14 Dec 2013, 11:15 am)Dan wrote SIgns have now been put up at the new depot, reading 'GATESHEAD RIVERSIDE', with the one hundredth anniversary logo on etc.

Big Grin, the site i normally use to get updates it hasn't being updated in a about 2 months (skyscrapercity)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 11:22 am)Michael wrote Big Grin, the site i normally use to get updates it hasn't being updated in a about 2 months (skyscrapercity)

I will upload some photos this afterrnoon at some point.
(14 Dec 2013, 11:23 am)Dan wrote I will upload some photos this afterrnoon at some point.

=D, thanks
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(13 Dec 2013, 8:29 pm)Dan wrote No. There aren't enough to replace the SPDs and B10s.

WTX may get 4 Solars, as that would allow the renowns to go into Northern so there would still be the same number of buses for SPD displacement.
4 Solars for WTX
18 Solars + 4 Renowns for Northern replacements = 22 Buses, they have 21 currently in fleet.
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm)CatsFast101 wrote WTX may get 4 Solars, as that would allow the renowns to go into Northern so there would still be the same number of buses for SPD displacement.
4 Solars for WTX
18 Solars + 4 Renowns for Northern replacements = 22 Buses, they have 21 currently in fleet.

It may, but it may not.
Reliability is an issue on the X7, but the Solar which was previously trialled broke down a number of times and proved that Solars could not cope on the service.
(14 Dec 2013, 12:08 pm)Dan wrote It may, but it may not.
Reliability is an issue on the X7, but the Solar which was previously trialled broke down a number of times and proved that Solars could not cope on the service.

Wonder what could be used on their then,if the solar's were having problems to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Dec 2013, 12:08 pm)Dan wrote It may, but it may not.

Yes but that was just one solar, do 54 reg examples have good reliability? Surely they would be able to handle the route. The answer is, we dont know until one is trialled on the route.
(14 Dec 2013, 12:28 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Yes but that was just one solar, do 54 reg examples have good reliability? Surely they would be able to handle the route. The answer is, we dont know until one is trialled on the route.

They have been used before, and have managed to complete the day each time.
Well the 2C im on took ages to start,could be a problem with the bus we have just left park lane.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 11:37 am)Dan wrote Gateshead-based 3942 is working for Winlaton today, on 10Bs.

3964 appears to be back at Gateshead, so I assume they must have been swapped back again.
Not to sure on where to put this so feel free to move it if necessary.

On Thursday Morning while waiting for 09:40am 50 to Durham I spotted AN Error on the timetable for the M2/M3. In which I would like someone to explain how the M2 takes 4 Minutes to Ayton and 6 Minutes to Dunnock Drive yet the M3 takes 9 Minutes to Ayton and 10 Minutes to Dunnock Drive.

So Basically what Nexus are Saying is that the M3 takes 5 Minutes Longer to Ayton than the M2, But is 1 Minutes Faster than the M2 Between Ayton Village Centre and Dunnock Drive, Yet they both take the same Route between Lambton and Dunnock Drive.

[attachment=5074]
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Not to sure on where to put this so feel free to move it if necessary.

On Thursday Morning while waiting for 09:40am 50 to Durham I spotted AN Error on the timetable for the M2/M3. In which I would like someone to explain how the M2 takes 4 Minutes to Ayton and 6 Minutes to Dunnock Drive yet the M3 takes 9 Minutes to Ayton and 10 Minutes to Dunnock Drive.

So Basically what Nexus are Saying is that the M3 takes 5 Minutes Longer to Ayton than the M2, But is 1 Minutes Faster than the M2 Between Ayton Village Centre and Dunnock Drive, Yet they both take the same Route between Lambton and Dunnock Drive.

Is this the same on the GNE timetable?
If it's not, then it's just a cock up by Nexus. Spot at least one a day if you look for them. Wink
(14 Dec 2013, 4:53 pm)Dan wrote Is this the same on the GNE timetable?
If it's not, then it's just a cock up by Nexus. Spot at least one a day if you look for them. Wink

GNE's is Correct as you would expect, Obviously a Big Style Nexus Cock Up
(14 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Not to sure on where to put this so feel free to move it if necessary.

Often see the duration times for different services going the same way - with a few minutes difference between them.
Never as much as that one though.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'