Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (25) Previous 116 17 1825 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm #321
(19 Oct 2019, 7:18 pm)L469 YVK

Are both of the ex EYMS E400MMCs low height?

If so, would during the school holidays not be a good time to allocate a StreetLite if needed (on a quiet board) if one of the 69 plates was trialled on let's say the X9/X10?

I'm still a bit confused as to why Go North East would do that? X-lines is about improving the quality of bus travel for interurban/express routes, not to downgrade them when it suits?

If they wanted to trial an E400MMC on the X9/X10, they'd ask ADL for a demonstrator model to loan.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
19 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm #321

(19 Oct 2019, 7:18 pm)L469 YVK

Are both of the ex EYMS E400MMCs low height?

If so, would during the school holidays not be a good time to allocate a StreetLite if needed (on a quiet board) if one of the 69 plates was trialled on let's say the X9/X10?

I'm still a bit confused as to why Go North East would do that? X-lines is about improving the quality of bus travel for interurban/express routes, not to downgrade them when it suits?

If they wanted to trial an E400MMC on the X9/X10, they'd ask ADL for a demonstrator model to loan.

19 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm #322

(19 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm)Dan I'm still a bit confused as to why Go North East would do that? X-lines is about improving the quality of bus travel for interurban/express routes, not to downgrade them when it suits?

Didn't GNE order a 6 cylinder StreetDeck just to trial it? Why didn't they just ask Wrightbus for a demonstrator model?

That isn't meant to sound snarky, just a genuine question

streetdeckfan
19 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm #322

(19 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm)Dan I'm still a bit confused as to why Go North East would do that? X-lines is about improving the quality of bus travel for interurban/express routes, not to downgrade them when it suits?

Didn't GNE order a 6 cylinder StreetDeck just to trial it? Why didn't they just ask Wrightbus for a demonstrator model?

Stanleyone

19 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm #323

(19 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan

They have, maybe it’ll form the backbone of any future order. With the low emissions zone for Newcastle coming into effect, having euro6 buses are much better. And it will be used to compare with the current DD fleet on front line services no doubt.

Stanleyone
19 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm #323

(19 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan

They have, maybe it’ll form the backbone of any future order. With the low emissions zone for Newcastle coming into effect, having euro6 buses are much better. And it will be used to compare with the current DD fleet on front line services no doubt.

19 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm #324
[Image: 6586ad74b2342eb93603c3252d25ce9e.jpg]

Guess that some GNE B9TLs are moving to East Yorkshire later this year from what this says ?

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
19 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm #324

[Image: 6586ad74b2342eb93603c3252d25ce9e.jpg]

Guess that some GNE B9TLs are moving to East Yorkshire later this year from what this says ?

19 Oct 2019, 9:06 pm #325

(19 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm)Stanleyone

If I remember correctly, didn't MG say that it was going to spend time at all the depots.

I personally don't see a need for the 6 cylinder, the 67 plate StreetDecks seem like they have enough power even on 'steep' hills.

To me it seems like the main issue with the StreetDecks on the X21 is that they are not geared properly for 'high speed'. They sound like they're on the rev limiter for most of the journey which can't be good for fuel economy

streetdeckfan
19 Oct 2019, 9:06 pm #325

(19 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm)Stanleyone

If I remember correctly, didn't MG say that it was going to spend time at all the depots.

I personally don't see a need for the 6 cylinder, the 67 plate StreetDecks seem like they have enough power even on 'steep' hills.

To me it seems like the main issue with the StreetDecks on the X21 is that they are not geared properly for 'high speed'. They sound like they're on the rev limiter for most of the journey which can't be good for fuel economy

busmanT

19 Oct 2019, 9:32 pm #326

(19 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 6586ad74b2342eb93603c3252d25ce9e.jpg]

Red Kite B9TL??

busmanT
19 Oct 2019, 9:32 pm #326

(19 Oct 2019, 8:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 6586ad74b2342eb93603c3252d25ce9e.jpg]

Red Kite B9TL??

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2019, 9:46 pm #327
(19 Oct 2019, 9:32 pm)busmanT

Red Kite B9TL??

Correct - so a pretty fair swap all in all, with all eight buses being similarly aged (the East Yorkshire ones slightly older than the Volvo B9s they will receive from GNE).

The Red Kite Volvo B9TL, being ex dealer stock, are non-standard within the Go North East fleet.

East Yorkshire actually took some of the dealer stock Volvo B9 at the same time as Go North East, so a good fit within their fleet.

It also further standardises the EY fleet, with non-standard Wrights bodied Volvo B5s departing East Yorkshire and joining the fleet at Go North East who already have seven (with the 'stealth' front).

With the current view to improving air quality, especially in Newcastle City Centre where this is so political at the moment, the intake of four Euro 6 buses (with four Euro 5 leaving) is also advantageous to Go North East.

The delayed delivery of the StreetDecks has resulted in Go North East needing the East Yorkshire buses sooner than they can receive the Red Kite Volvo B9 in replacement, so Go North East will operate both for the time being, combatting some of the challenges we're facing in the North East with regards to the fleet strategy for this year.

Dan
19 Oct 2019, 9:46 pm #327

(19 Oct 2019, 9:32 pm)busmanT

Red Kite B9TL??

Correct - so a pretty fair swap all in all, with all eight buses being similarly aged (the East Yorkshire ones slightly older than the Volvo B9s they will receive from GNE).

The Red Kite Volvo B9TL, being ex dealer stock, are non-standard within the Go North East fleet.

East Yorkshire actually took some of the dealer stock Volvo B9 at the same time as Go North East, so a good fit within their fleet.

It also further standardises the EY fleet, with non-standard Wrights bodied Volvo B5s departing East Yorkshire and joining the fleet at Go North East who already have seven (with the 'stealth' front).

With the current view to improving air quality, especially in Newcastle City Centre where this is so political at the moment, the intake of four Euro 6 buses (with four Euro 5 leaving) is also advantageous to Go North East.

The delayed delivery of the StreetDecks has resulted in Go North East needing the East Yorkshire buses sooner than they can receive the Red Kite Volvo B9 in replacement, so Go North East will operate both for the time being, combatting some of the challenges we're facing in the North East with regards to the fleet strategy for this year.

19 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm #328

(19 Oct 2019, 9:46 pm)Dan Correct - so a pretty fair swap all in all, with all eight buses being similarly aged (the East Yorkshire ones slightly older than the Volvo B9s they will receive from GNE).

Is there a timescale for when the StreetDecks will start to arrive yet? I heard that they were still at least another month away from delivery.

I would say it'd be a shame to see the Red Kite B9s go, but it's not. I always hated travelling on them, they were too loud and and the seats too uncomfortable for my liking.

Also, did East Yorkshire ever actually buy any 'new' buses, they all seem to be ex-demo or ex-dealer stock! Either that, or we're just swapping all the cast-offs!

streetdeckfan
19 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm #328

(19 Oct 2019, 9:46 pm)Dan Correct - so a pretty fair swap all in all, with all eight buses being similarly aged (the East Yorkshire ones slightly older than the Volvo B9s they will receive from GNE).

Is there a timescale for when the StreetDecks will start to arrive yet? I heard that they were still at least another month away from delivery.

I would say it'd be a shame to see the Red Kite B9s go, but it's not. I always hated travelling on them, they were too loud and and the seats too uncomfortable for my liking.

Also, did East Yorkshire ever actually buy any 'new' buses, they all seem to be ex-demo or ex-dealer stock! Either that, or we're just swapping all the cast-offs!

19 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm #329
Is the Red Kite brand going to be replaced by Xlines or still used for the 45/46/47 trips?
OrangeArrow49
19 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm #329

Is the Red Kite brand going to be replaced by Xlines or still used for the 45/46/47 trips?

19 Oct 2019, 11:22 pm #330

(19 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 Is the Red Kite brand going to be replaced by Xlines or still used for the 45/46/47 trips?

I believe it was said that it's being replaced by Xlines, but will still feature Red Kites sub-branding

streetdeckfan
19 Oct 2019, 11:22 pm #330

(19 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 Is the Red Kite brand going to be replaced by Xlines or still used for the 45/46/47 trips?

I believe it was said that it's being replaced by Xlines, but will still feature Red Kites sub-branding

Michael

20 Oct 2019, 11:25 am #331
Can we have an update of where we are with the buses getting retrofitted with modifications to make them Euro 6, it all seems to be gone quiet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Oct 2019, 11:25 am #331

Can we have an update of where we are with the buses getting retrofitted with modifications to make them Euro 6, it all seems to be gone quiet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

busmanT

20 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm #332

(19 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm)streetdeckfan

They bought quite a lot of new buses! but the owner also had an eye for ex demo vehicles (or perhaps the manufacturers worked out he would take them when they were finished with them...)

busmanT
20 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm #332

(19 Oct 2019, 10:21 pm)streetdeckfan

They bought quite a lot of new buses! but the owner also had an eye for ex demo vehicles (or perhaps the manufacturers worked out he would take them when they were finished with them...)

Andreos1

20 Oct 2019, 12:41 pm #333

(20 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm)busmanT

And I'm sure those ex demos were priced quite attractively too!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Oct 2019, 12:41 pm #333

(20 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm)busmanT

And I'm sure those ex demos were priced quite attractively too!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Wybus

20 Oct 2019, 2:18 pm #334
What school services are Deptford using their two coaches on?
Wybus
20 Oct 2019, 2:18 pm #334

What school services are Deptford using their two coaches on?

20 Oct 2019, 2:26 pm #335

(20 Oct 2019, 2:18 pm)Wybus What school services are Deptford using their two coaches on?

To Belmont Campus School, one's from Coxhoe, not sure about the other.

deanmachine
20 Oct 2019, 2:26 pm #335

(20 Oct 2019, 2:18 pm)Wybus What school services are Deptford using their two coaches on?

20 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm #336
Heard some interesting information today about which buses will be moving where within the fleet as well as the Wrightbus situation and also one of the current brands will be going X-lines next year during a visit to Hownsgill

TEN 6083
20 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm #336

Heard some interesting information today about which buses will be moving where within the fleet as well as the Wrightbus situation and also one of the current brands will be going X-lines next year during a visit to Hownsgill

JP6004

20 Oct 2019, 2:50 pm #337

(20 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm)TEN 6083 Heard some interesting information today about which buses will be moving where within the fleet as well as the Wrightbus situation and also one of the current brands will be going X-lines next year during a visit to Hownsgill Depot.

Not sure I’m at liberty to divulge anything or not so can’t explain at the minute.

If it red arrows it already been confirmed by MG

JP6004
20 Oct 2019, 2:50 pm #337

(20 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm)TEN 6083 Heard some interesting information today about which buses will be moving where within the fleet as well as the Wrightbus situation and also one of the current brands will be going X-lines next year during a visit to Hownsgill Depot.

Not sure I’m at liberty to divulge anything or not so can’t explain at the minute.

BFK

20 Oct 2019, 2:52 pm #338

(20 Oct 2019, 2:26 pm)deanmachine

Both are numbered 4274.  One starts in Coxhoe then goes via Bowburn to Belmont.  The other starts in Bowburn then to Belmont.  While they are both numbered the same they go different ways round Bowburn.

BFK
20 Oct 2019, 2:52 pm #338

(20 Oct 2019, 2:26 pm)deanmachine

Both are numbered 4274.  One starts in Coxhoe then goes via Bowburn to Belmont.  The other starts in Bowburn then to Belmont.  While they are both numbered the same they go different ways round Bowburn.

20 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm #339
(20 Oct 2019, 2:50 pm)JP6004

Yes it was

Also the Loop is getting B9TLs and the Fab 56 are getting repainted and refurbished and the 35 will be getting Streetlites from the Red Kite but due to the Wrightbus situation it’s complicated things a bit more as they aren’t sure what will happen once the new owners take over.

TEN 6083
20 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm #339

(20 Oct 2019, 2:50 pm)JP6004

Yes it was

Also the Loop is getting B9TLs and the Fab 56 are getting repainted and refurbished and the 35 will be getting Streetlites from the Red Kite but due to the Wrightbus situation it’s complicated things a bit more as they aren’t sure what will happen once the new owners take over.

20 Oct 2019, 3:14 pm #340

(20 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm)TEN 6083 Yes it was

I was told that 7 of the StreetDecks had already been fully paid for, which with them going into administration the new owners won't see.

streetdeckfan
20 Oct 2019, 3:14 pm #340

(20 Oct 2019, 2:56 pm)TEN 6083 Yes it was

I was told that 7 of the StreetDecks had already been fully paid for, which with them going into administration the new owners won't see.

Pages (25) Previous 116 17 1825 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average