You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Stanley Travel
(19 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yourbus used to change one vehicle at lunchtime, the other one had less mileage on its diagram so I believe used one vehicle all day.

Thought they must have done.
Couldn't see it working any other way
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Have Stanley Travel bought a New Optare Solo, I'm talking about the ones on the Cathedral Shuttle, as there was a Plain White Solo on the 939 Tonight at 16:30pm at The Galleries, Unless the Nexus one has been Repainted, Anyone got any information.
(24 Dec 2013, 9:25 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Have Stanley Travel bought a New Optare Solo, I'm talking about the ones on the Cathedral Shuttle, as there was a Plain White Solo on the 939 Tonight at 16:30pm at The Galleries, Unless the Nexus one has been Repainted, Anyone got any information.

They did buy an 05 plate Solo around a month or two ago.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(24 Dec 2013, 9:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote They did buy an 05 plate Solo around a month or two ago.

I didn't note the Reg Plate as I was running to catch the M2 up home after I got off the X1, But it could of been that one, It had the same Rear Light Clusters as the Arriva Examples if that helps.
(24 Dec 2013, 9:35 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I didn't note the Reg Plate as I was running to catch the M2 up home after I got off the X1, But it could of been that one, It had the same Rear Light Clusters as the Arriva Examples if that helps.

Yeah they have, its intended use is for the 706/707/708
(04 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm)jamesmccrossan@yahoo.co.uk wrote What has happened to Stanley solo Sr

They have got the electric buses from Yourbus so once they are done and ready for service they will return to Optare or whoever they loaned them off.
Site Administrator
(06 Jan 2014, 12:16 am)NK07 FZG wrote YJ60 KFK was on the 40 on Friday alongside 1 SR so it looks like they have returned.

Photo credit to Steven Hodgson... A touch of class on the 23 today:
[Image: 1497831_10203116478621207_2043545319_o.jpg]
(06 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote Photo credit to Steven Hodgson... A touch of class on the 23 today:
[Image: 1497831_10203116478621207_2043545319_o.jpg]

Very nice indeed, I bet the passengers liked it compared to the MPD (which is also better than Y40 STX)
And is that a versa on the W6 I see behind it?
(06 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Very nice indeed, I bet the passengers liked it compared to the MPD (which is also better than Y40 STX)
And is that a versa on the W6 I see behind it?

It was alright. Not as nice a ride as the Phoenix Solo
Site Administrator
(06 Jan 2014, 6:30 pm)gtomlinson wrote It was alright. Not as nice a ride as the Phoenix Solo

Which one...?
If you're talking about the masssive white Solo with the weird seating, then I'd definitely say it's open to debate. Tongue
It wouldn't have been long after 13.30, I saw the tail end of a Solo turning off Durham Road towards the graveyard via my rear view mirror.

Presuming it was this, but obviously didn't get a good look at it.
(06 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm)Dan wrote Which one...?
If you're talking about the masssive white Solo with the weird seating, then I'd definitely say it's open to debate. Tongue

Yes the massive white one.

No debate! Haha
Site Administrator
(06 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm)gtomlinson wrote Yes the massive white one.

No debate! Haha

Hahah, not find the head rests absolutely grim though? Ruined my entire first time expetience!
(07 Jan 2014, 6:51 am)Dan wrote Hahah, not find the head rests absolutely grim though? Ruined my entire first time expetience!

I agree Daniel they are Horrible after having a little ride on one on the 40/40A before Christmas
Site Administrator
(07 Jan 2014, 2:32 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I agree Daniel they are Horrible after having a little ride on one on the 40/40A before Christmas

I personally haven't been on one of the Stanley Solos - are they much different from your average Solo SR?
(07 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm)Adam wrote Stanley had their mini Solo SR out on the 23 again today. Is this becoming a regular working or not?

Stanley are normally fairly consistent with their 23 ops. Normally a solo and a MPD with an Olympian doing a changeover in Elisabethville
(07 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm)gtomlinson wrote Stanley are normally fairly consistent with their 23 ops. Normally a solo and a MPD with an Olympian doing a changeover in Elisabethville

Do you know what time this takes place?
(07 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm)Tom wrote Do you know what time this takes place?

I honestly cannot remember. It's not helpful but its one of the runs that come from Washington as opposed to the short runs from Birtley Crem to Barley Mow.

The change takes place (if you view on google maps) at the bus stop 48 Elisabeth Avenue
(07 Jan 2014, 7:09 pm)gtomlinson wrote I honestly cannot remember. It's not helpful but its one of the runs that come from Washington as opposed to the short runs from Birtley Crem to Barley Mow.

The change takes place (if you view on google maps) at the bus stop 48 Elisabeth Avenue

Oh right, thanks anyway Wink
(07 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm)Dan wrote I personally haven't been on one of the Stanley Solos - are they much different from your average Solo SR?

Same as the Venture Examples but Smaller, I really couldn't tell the difference other than the Seating
(07 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm)Tom wrote Oh right, thanks anyway Wink

Trying to think logically, it will be mid morning/dinner time that the swap will take place.

If you can get hold of the timetable and work out the runs Stanley do from Washington, it can only be one of two where the swap happens.

Get a nice spot by the crem and sorted! Big Grin
(07 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm)andreos1 wrote Trying to think logically, it will be mid morning/dinner time that the swap will take place.

If you can get hold of the timetable and work out the runs Stanley do from Washington, it can only be one of two where the swap happens.

Will do, sometime.
(07 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm)andreos1 wrote Trying to think logically, it will be mid morning/dinner time that the swap will take place.

The same driver does it all day apart from 1 Birtley run which is their Mealbreak. The cover driver comes down in a coach/bus and takes over while the driver has his lunch (obviously) then when the bus comes back round the normal driver continues until the end of the day.

You'll not see it from the Crem!

Rough timings mean it has to happen on one of the following (ruling out the first from Washington working 10.46)

14.46 (though the Olympian likely on school duties at this point?)
15.46(as above)
16.46 (as above)

So likely between 11.46 and 13.46. So if you can work out which of those are Phoenix diagrams and which are Stanley...
(07 Jan 2014, 8:45 pm)gtomlinson wrote You'll not see it from the Crem!

Rough timings mean it has to happen on one of the following (ruling out the first from Washington working 10.46)

14.46 (though the Olympian likely on school duties at this point?)
15.46(as above)
16.46 (as above)

So likely between 11.46 and 13.46. So if you can work out which of those are Phoenix diagrams and which are Stanley...

Right, worked it out. 11:13, 13:13 etc. from Washington is operated by Stanley Travel Wink

So it does:

11:13-11:54 Washington Galleries to Barley Mow
11:54-12:13 Barley Mow to Lansbury Drive
12:17-12:24 Lansbury Drive to Barley Mow
12:24-13:12 Barley Mow to Washington Galleries.