Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (64) Previous 17 8 964 Next
25 Jun 2020, 11:41 pm #141
(25 Jun 2020, 11:27 pm)BeachBoy99 Yes, it's a roof pod.
No, it doesn't look silly. Please just "unsee" it.
The roof being painted in all of the colours would be stupid.
Why is it always the negative things about the company that you pinpoint?

I just happen to think if it was painted a lighter colour, grey for example, it wouldn't look so out of place.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9428]

.jpg
Rainbow-Grey-Pod.jpg
Size 260.31 KB / Downloads 352
streetdeckfan
25 Jun 2020, 11:41 pm #141

(25 Jun 2020, 11:27 pm)BeachBoy99 Yes, it's a roof pod.
No, it doesn't look silly. Please just "unsee" it.
The roof being painted in all of the colours would be stupid.
Why is it always the negative things about the company that you pinpoint?

I just happen to think if it was painted a lighter colour, grey for example, it wouldn't look so out of place.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9428]

.jpg
Rainbow-Grey-Pod.jpg
Size 260.31 KB / Downloads 352

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jun 2020, 5:23 am #142
(25 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan I just noticed, the roof has been left red, is there a reason for that? I thought the new thing was to paint the roofs white (or at least a light colour)

I only noticed because the 'vent' thing on the roof sticks out like a sore thumb!

There’s a big cost associated with painting the roof of a bus, which in the current climate cannot be justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
26 Jun 2020, 5:23 am #142

(25 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan I just noticed, the roof has been left red, is there a reason for that? I thought the new thing was to paint the roofs white (or at least a light colour)

I only noticed because the 'vent' thing on the roof sticks out like a sore thumb!

There’s a big cost associated with painting the roof of a bus, which in the current climate cannot be justified.

Storx

26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am #143
The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

The messages on the bus don't even corrispond to it being anything about you and it's clear from about 100 mile what the purpose of it really is for. Majorly disrespectful when the community has big problems at current times.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareha...1be6eed544

Don't bother painting a bus for pride next year as it won't be welcome as it's clearly a political stunt and you genuinely have no interest in it bar for brownie points to look good especially when it was supposed to be a big thing for the city it mainly runs into this year.
Storx
26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am #143

The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

The messages on the bus don't even corrispond to it being anything about you and it's clear from about 100 mile what the purpose of it really is for. Majorly disrespectful when the community has big problems at current times.

Don't bother painting a bus for pride next year as it won't be welcome as it's clearly a political stunt and you genuinely have no interest in it bar for brownie points to look good especially when it was supposed to be a big thing for the city it mainly runs into this year.

Michael

26 Jun 2020, 8:39 am #144
(26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am)Storx The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

They already have 2 pride buses in 5292 and 8335, so i doubt they'll be painting another one for next year.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jun 2020, 8:39 am #144

(26 Jun 2020, 7:49 am)Storx The bus looks nice but what a load of bs the reasoning behind it. Another company trying to suck off to a larger audience and totally ignore the actual reason for the bus being painted that colour and conveniantly release it in said month.

Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

They already have 2 pride buses in 5292 and 8335, so i doubt they'll be painting another one for next year.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

26 Jun 2020, 9:02 am #145
(26 Jun 2020, 8:39 am)Michael Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Sorry to those who don't politics stuff but it's been on my chest for awhile and it's annoying. It's annoying enough companies becoming sudden pride advocates for marketing reasons it's even more annoying when they suddenly divert it because it can get a bigger audience.
Storx
26 Jun 2020, 9:02 am #145

(26 Jun 2020, 8:39 am)Michael Well there's been a crisis, so that's why the bus has just been painted in the last week or so.

Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Sorry to those who don't politics stuff but it's been on my chest for awhile and it's annoying. It's annoying enough companies becoming sudden pride advocates for marketing reasons it's even more annoying when they suddenly divert it because it can get a bigger audience.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jun 2020, 9:29 am #146
(26 Jun 2020, 9:02 am)Storx Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

They appear every year at both Sunderland and Newcastle pride events, provide sponsorship, and even have a partnership with the Pride FM radio station. Their efforts wouldn’t go as far as that, if it was just political or for ‘fluffy marketing’.

This bus is multi-purpose, yes, in that it’s a nod back to the original bus back in the 80s, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Dan
26 Jun 2020, 9:29 am #146

(26 Jun 2020, 9:02 am)Storx Typical reply of this forum totally ignoring the whole point of the reply and spouting something totally irrelevant and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I won't be posting anything more on this though as this is a bus forum and not a discussion about the origins of the rainbow flag and companies suddenly diverting the meaning of it during the month it's for so it has a wider meaning and audience. There's been a few though and you don't just design a bus overnight, this would've been done months before the virus even hit.

Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

They appear every year at both Sunderland and Newcastle pride events, provide sponsorship, and even have a partnership with the Pride FM radio station. Their efforts wouldn’t go as far as that, if it was just political or for ‘fluffy marketing’.

This bus is multi-purpose, yes, in that it’s a nod back to the original bus back in the 80s, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

JP6004

26 Jun 2020, 9:46 am #147
(26 Jun 2020, 9:29 am)Dan Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

I have to agree to an extent with storx. Yes it's great the work previously done and this new livery is great, however the international rainbow meaning has been significantly diluted, especially with the press release saying everything about inclusion and diversity yet missing off the main focus point - bit of a kick in the teeth during Pride month
JP6004
26 Jun 2020, 9:46 am #147

(26 Jun 2020, 9:29 am)Dan Not sure it’s fair to accuse Go North East of that though, when they were one of the first bus companies to adopt a “pride bus” (in the form of Quaylink Versa 8335) and later adopted another one too so both cities had one (Mercedes Citaro 5292).

I have to agree to an extent with storx. Yes it's great the work previously done and this new livery is great, however the international rainbow meaning has been significantly diluted, especially with the press release saying everything about inclusion and diversity yet missing off the main focus point - bit of a kick in the teeth during Pride month

James101

26 Jun 2020, 9:54 am #148

Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

Dan referenced the official campaign 6050 is representing is internal colleague initiative 'One Team GNE'. It's poignant that the rainbow livery ties in with the symbol of gratitude for key workers during a national emergency AND support for the LBGTQ+ community, particularly relevant in the month of June. The wording on the livery commits to neither or could be interpreted to support both causes. 

In reference to the Forbes article linked to, it's a bit of a paradox for some members of the LGBTQ+ community to be promoting their rainbow symbol to by one of diversity and inclusiveness whilst simultaneously demanding it's specifically theirs and cannot be shared. If we're going to start arguing the toss over how different types of rainbow have different meanings then it's worth remembering 6050's livery is a recreation of one 35 years ago so are we saying those seven colours applied in diagonal fashion specifically represent support for the deregulation of bus services in the 80s? No, because that's ridiculous.

It's a sensitive issue and I think GNE have thought through 6050's representation very well.
James101
26 Jun 2020, 9:54 am #148

Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

Dan referenced the official campaign 6050 is representing is internal colleague initiative 'One Team GNE'. It's poignant that the rainbow livery ties in with the symbol of gratitude for key workers during a national emergency AND support for the LBGTQ+ community, particularly relevant in the month of June. The wording on the livery commits to neither or could be interpreted to support both causes. 

In reference to the Forbes article linked to, it's a bit of a paradox for some members of the LGBTQ+ community to be promoting their rainbow symbol to by one of diversity and inclusiveness whilst simultaneously demanding it's specifically theirs and cannot be shared. If we're going to start arguing the toss over how different types of rainbow have different meanings then it's worth remembering 6050's livery is a recreation of one 35 years ago so are we saying those seven colours applied in diagonal fashion specifically represent support for the deregulation of bus services in the 80s? No, because that's ridiculous.

It's a sensitive issue and I think GNE have thought through 6050's representation very well.

V514DFT

26 Jun 2020, 10:00 am #149
I dont get how a livery can cause such offence,its ridiculous tbh,atleast GNE give some variety in regards to liverys rather than it just be corporate boringness

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 Jun 2020, 10:00 am #149

I dont get how a livery can cause such offence,its ridiculous tbh,atleast GNE give some variety in regards to liverys rather than it just be corporate boringness

Kind Regards
Tez

JP6004

26 Jun 2020, 10:12 am #150
(26 Jun 2020, 9:54 am)James101 Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

The rainbow is the property of no one. However the rainbow flag is internationally recognised as the symbol for LGBT.
I dont think anyone holds issue with the fact that the rainbow livery supports multiple causes - LGBT, key workers etc, its the press release that does not even acknowledge the main symbolism of the the rainbow - especially during Pride Month
JP6004
26 Jun 2020, 10:12 am #150

(26 Jun 2020, 9:54 am)James101 Can't agree here. I think 6050 is clever on many levels as it references many currently relevant causes without overtly being dedicated to any one of them. 

The rainbow is the property of no one. However the rainbow flag is internationally recognised as the symbol for LGBT.
I dont think anyone holds issue with the fact that the rainbow livery supports multiple causes - LGBT, key workers etc, its the press release that does not even acknowledge the main symbolism of the the rainbow - especially during Pride Month

Storx

26 Jun 2020, 10:22 am #151

I'll reply to these together as it's a similar response. It's more about timing here that could cause offence, it's been a problem with a lot of companies who have blatently designed stuff for pride and then just diverted it last second to mean something else totally. Morrisons is a prime example of this, they uploaded a rainbow flag for their logo on the 1st June and suddenly 5 days later it's for key workers... strange co-incidence. No doubt next year they'll be back on the bandwagon though and it's boring. If this was released in August then it wouldn't have a problem, I don't mind the NHS using the rainbow flag etc as it's not my thing to critise that and it wasn't June, it's just the fact it was released in the middle of June. Whether this actually was originally for pride or not I'll never know though I guess but it's the above example why I've said it and there's been a few who have just forgot about it altogether, PaddyPower for example.

I genuinely didn't realise you sponsored stuff though, you should promote it more tbh - then it get's you out of the likes of companies above and you actually earn respect for supporting Pride rather than being a marketing gimmick.

(26 Jun 2020, 10:00 am)V514DFT I dont get how a livery can cause such offence,its ridiculous tbh,atleast GNE give some variety in regards to liverys rather than it just be corporate boringness

Rainbow things are about as corporate you can get in the majority of cases. (this isn't aimed at GNE as it's not them). Lot's of companies think by painting something rainbow and calling it something pride related they're fully diverse etc but it's just totally a gimmick for marketing and policitical reasons and it's boring as hell. The fact some have diverted it and ignored the reason why they've done it this year just sums them up.
Storx
26 Jun 2020, 10:22 am #151

I'll reply to these together as it's a similar response. It's more about timing here that could cause offence, it's been a problem with a lot of companies who have blatently designed stuff for pride and then just diverted it last second to mean something else totally. Morrisons is a prime example of this, they uploaded a rainbow flag for their logo on the 1st June and suddenly 5 days later it's for key workers... strange co-incidence. No doubt next year they'll be back on the bandwagon though and it's boring. If this was released in August then it wouldn't have a problem, I don't mind the NHS using the rainbow flag etc as it's not my thing to critise that and it wasn't June, it's just the fact it was released in the middle of June. Whether this actually was originally for pride or not I'll never know though I guess but it's the above example why I've said it and there's been a few who have just forgot about it altogether, PaddyPower for example.

I genuinely didn't realise you sponsored stuff though, you should promote it more tbh - then it get's you out of the likes of companies above and you actually earn respect for supporting Pride rather than being a marketing gimmick.

(26 Jun 2020, 10:00 am)V514DFT I dont get how a livery can cause such offence,its ridiculous tbh,atleast GNE give some variety in regards to liverys rather than it just be corporate boringness

Rainbow things are about as corporate you can get in the majority of cases. (this isn't aimed at GNE as it's not them). Lot's of companies think by painting something rainbow and calling it something pride related they're fully diverse etc but it's just totally a gimmick for marketing and policitical reasons and it's boring as hell. The fact some have diverted it and ignored the reason why they've done it this year just sums them up.

James101

26 Jun 2020, 10:26 am #152
(26 Jun 2020, 10:12 am)JP6004 The rainbow is the property of no one. However the rainbow flag is internationally recognised as the symbol for LGBT.

Not sure how the rainbow can be 'property of no one' and also have a 'main symbolism'? I agree the rainbow flag (rectangular, horizontal lines) is generally recognised as an LGBTQ+ symbol. 6050, in its 1980s deregulation style livery, is not specifically this symbol, though the reference through association is commendable.
James101
26 Jun 2020, 10:26 am #152

(26 Jun 2020, 10:12 am)JP6004 The rainbow is the property of no one. However the rainbow flag is internationally recognised as the symbol for LGBT.

Not sure how the rainbow can be 'property of no one' and also have a 'main symbolism'? I agree the rainbow flag (rectangular, horizontal lines) is generally recognised as an LGBTQ+ symbol. 6050, in its 1980s deregulation style livery, is not specifically this symbol, though the reference through association is commendable.

26 Jun 2020, 10:27 am #153
(26 Jun 2020, 10:22 am)Storx I'll reply to these together as it's a similar response. It's more about timing here that could cause offence, it's been a problem with a lot of companies who have blatently designed stuff for pride and then just diverted it last second to mean something else totally. Morrisons is a prime example of this, they uploaded a rainbow flag for their logo on the 1st June and suddenly 5 days later it's for key workers... strange co-incidence. No doubt next year they'll be back on the bandwagon though and it's boring. If this was released in August then it wouldn't have a problem, I don't mind the NHS using the rainbow flag etc as it's not my thing to critise that and it wasn't June, it's just the fact it was released in the middle of June. Whether this actually was originally for pride or not I'll never know though I guess but it's the above example why I've said it and there's been a few who have just forgot about it altogether, PaddyPower for example.

Exactly, like I said in my post over in the politics thread, companies aren't doing all this out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it for publicity!
Companies aren't there to make you 'feel' included, they're there to take your money. Pure and simple. If that involves them manipulating you into thinking they care through the use of multi-colour buses then that's exactly what they'll do! 

I'm in no doubt that the people at GNE care, but companies don't have a heart, they have a bank account, and all they care about is filling it up.
streetdeckfan
26 Jun 2020, 10:27 am #153

(26 Jun 2020, 10:22 am)Storx I'll reply to these together as it's a similar response. It's more about timing here that could cause offence, it's been a problem with a lot of companies who have blatently designed stuff for pride and then just diverted it last second to mean something else totally. Morrisons is a prime example of this, they uploaded a rainbow flag for their logo on the 1st June and suddenly 5 days later it's for key workers... strange co-incidence. No doubt next year they'll be back on the bandwagon though and it's boring. If this was released in August then it wouldn't have a problem, I don't mind the NHS using the rainbow flag etc as it's not my thing to critise that and it wasn't June, it's just the fact it was released in the middle of June. Whether this actually was originally for pride or not I'll never know though I guess but it's the above example why I've said it and there's been a few who have just forgot about it altogether, PaddyPower for example.

Exactly, like I said in my post over in the politics thread, companies aren't doing all this out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it for publicity!
Companies aren't there to make you 'feel' included, they're there to take your money. Pure and simple. If that involves them manipulating you into thinking they care through the use of multi-colour buses then that's exactly what they'll do! 

I'm in no doubt that the people at GNE care, but companies don't have a heart, they have a bank account, and all they care about is filling it up.

JP6004

26 Jun 2020, 10:32 am #154
(26 Jun 2020, 10:26 am)James101 Not sure how the rainbow can be 'property of no one' and also have a 'main symbolism'? I agree the rainbow flag (rectangular, horizontal lines) is generally recognised as an LGBTQ+ symbol. 6050, in its 1980s deregulation style livery, is not specifically this symbol, though the reference through association is commendable.
Symbolism isnt ownership. The rainbow flag, regardless of how its applied is still a rainbow flag and the interpretation of it is the same......no matter how much the press release tries to dilute it
JP6004
26 Jun 2020, 10:32 am #154

(26 Jun 2020, 10:26 am)James101 Not sure how the rainbow can be 'property of no one' and also have a 'main symbolism'? I agree the rainbow flag (rectangular, horizontal lines) is generally recognised as an LGBTQ+ symbol. 6050, in its 1980s deregulation style livery, is not specifically this symbol, though the reference through association is commendable.
Symbolism isnt ownership. The rainbow flag, regardless of how its applied is still a rainbow flag and the interpretation of it is the same......no matter how much the press release tries to dilute it

James101

26 Jun 2020, 10:37 am #155
(26 Jun 2020, 10:27 am)streetdeckfan Exactly, like I said in my post over in the politics thread, companies aren't doing all this out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it for publicity!

Companies are inanimate entities, operated by people. People with opinions, beliefs, capacity for compassion and empathy. These will inevitably play out in the company operations, for better or worse.
James101
26 Jun 2020, 10:37 am #155

(26 Jun 2020, 10:27 am)streetdeckfan Exactly, like I said in my post over in the politics thread, companies aren't doing all this out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it for publicity!

Companies are inanimate entities, operated by people. People with opinions, beliefs, capacity for compassion and empathy. These will inevitably play out in the company operations, for better or worse.

26 Jun 2020, 10:44 am #156
(26 Jun 2020, 10:37 am)James101 Companies are inanimate entities, operated by people. People with opinions, beliefs, capacity for compassion and empathy. These will inevitably play out in the company operations, for better or worse.

Then they should do it personally, not for the profit of a company.
streetdeckfan
26 Jun 2020, 10:44 am #156

(26 Jun 2020, 10:37 am)James101 Companies are inanimate entities, operated by people. People with opinions, beliefs, capacity for compassion and empathy. These will inevitably play out in the company operations, for better or worse.

Then they should do it personally, not for the profit of a company.

Michael

26 Jun 2020, 10:53 am #157
(23 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm)Dan Nothing to see yet!

5214 has now been repainted white.

Look smart in white mind

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...datetaken/ - Photo by Daniel Graham

Wonder where they're going?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jun 2020, 10:53 am #157

(23 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm)Dan Nothing to see yet!

5214 has now been repainted white.

Look smart in white mind

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

26 Jun 2020, 10:56 am #158
(26 Jun 2020, 10:53 am)Michael Look smart in white mind

GNE new pride bus  Big Grin #whitewash
JP6004
26 Jun 2020, 10:56 am #158

GNE new pride bus  Big Grin #whitewash

26 Jun 2020, 10:59 am #159
(26 Jun 2020, 10:56 am)JP6004 GNE new pride bus  Big Grin

To me, nothing says 'Pride in transport' than a well kept, clean and tidy bus. So in that regard, they would fit the bill better than the rainbow B9
streetdeckfan
26 Jun 2020, 10:59 am #159

(26 Jun 2020, 10:56 am)JP6004 GNE new pride bus  Big Grin

To me, nothing says 'Pride in transport' than a well kept, clean and tidy bus. So in that regard, they would fit the bill better than the rainbow B9

LeeCalder

26 Jun 2020, 11:11 am #160

I'm led to believe they are going to Hodgson's, Barnard Castle
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2020, 11:11 am #160

I'm led to believe they are going to Hodgson's, Barnard Castle