Menu

Pages (60)    126 27 2860   
Andreos1   12 Jan 2014, 11:54 pm
(12 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Are you also including second hand vehicles, SNE 10000. GNE ex London Bendis, ex Arriva MPDs, the ex Nothumbria Coaches thing ay Hexham and the current second hand citaro's on the 309 ?????

The Arriva MPDs have all gone and were pre 2000.
There were only a few transferred with the Renowns.

Cant remember the age of the two ex Redby MPDs off the top of my head either.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Rapidsnap   13 Jan 2014, 2:24 am
Redby MPDs are 55 plates so were new in late 2005 / early 2006.

GNE aquired them 2007 I think.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Dan   13 Jan 2014, 6:35 am
(12 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Are you also including second hand vehicles, SNE 10000. GNE ex London Bendis, ex Arriva MPDs, the ex Nothumbria Coaches thing ay Hexham and the current second hand citaro's on the 309 ?????

Yes. I said I had included second hand vehicles for ease more than anything.
Going by fleet age as opposed to pure investment.
Michael   13 Jan 2014, 8:23 am
The X35 has changed to advisory on their app, just some one was asking if it follwed real time.

The prince bishop, laser and faats are delayed due to incident between houghton and the A19.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   13 Jan 2014, 8:47 am
Theirs one scania on the 56 today ,5207, just passed hylton college, heading to Newcastle, seen at least 4 deckers out, all heading for park lane.

Thats just what iv'e seen in 20mins, they seem to be running in 2's

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
JP6004   13 Jan 2014, 11:50 am
Fleet list updated on GNE. Only movements are MPDs and DAFs sold. Hasn't even said about the other B9s entering service. 5210 on 20A this morning

Edit - just been update stating which B9s are in service
northtynelinks2   13 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm
Noticed that one of the Olympians at Stanley has the new 'NOT IN SERVICE' display.
Dan   13 Jan 2014, 4:18 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Noticed that one of the Olympians at Stanley has the new 'NOT IN SERVICE' display.

3829 does, possibly others too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
G-CPTN   13 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm
Because of gas main replacement works in central Corbridge, the Ten buses are not crossing the bridge into Corbridge but are waiting at the stops on the south side of the river.

There are excellent printed notices outlining this arrangement - on the buses!
There are no notices on the two stops in Corbridge that are not being served, so no information to would-be passengers that they should walk across the bridge or catch the X84/X85 (or the 685).

I have had to redirect several disappointed people who were waiting in vain for the Tens to appear, including an elderly lady that I told to catch the 687 to Hexham in order to catch the Ten towards Newcastle.
There was no way that she could have crossed the river in time to catch the Ten that hadn't appeared in central Corbridge.

Angry
cbma06   13 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote Because of gas main replacement works in central Corbridge, the Ten buses are not crossing the bridge into Corbridge but are waiting at the stops on the south side of the river.

There are excellent printed notices outlining this arrangement - on the buses!
There are no notices on the two stops in Corbridge that are not being served, so no information to would-be passengers that they should walk across the bridge or catch the X84/X85 (or the 685).

I have had to redirect several disappointed people who were waiting in vain for the Tens to appear, including an elderly lady that I told to catch the 687 to Hexham in order to catch the Ten towards Newcastle.
There was no way that she could have crossed the river in time to catch the Ten that hadn't appeared in central Corbridge.

Angry

Isnt the local council for the area that supposed to be putting notices up at bus stops in Corbridge, at lease GNE have done their bit by putting notices up on their buses that run the services in that area. GNE has no obligation to put notices at those bus stops, its up to the council, same go as timetables at bus stops.

northtynelinks2   13 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 4:36 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Quote taken from simplygo.com.

Service 78 the journey departing Sunderland at 1608 will operate two minutes later between Sunderland and Chester le Street and three minutes later between Chester le Street and Durham

Then did this journey start going to Durham????

No, they either mean Stanley or Consett, never went to Durham. Or at least I don't think so anyway as the only Lime service that went to Durham was the 15/15A but that's not part of the Lime group anymore so no lime services go to Durham. Completely going off topic here I know Tongue
Diamond One   13 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm
does anyone know the reg plates of final 4 gemini's at percy main 2 cobalt clipper and 2 red ones?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   13 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Bazza Houston wrote does anyone know the reg plates of final 4 gemini's at percy main 2 cobalt clipper and 2 red ones?

Only one is known presently, which I posted yesterday:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=475&pid=26278#pid26278
CatsFast101   13 Jan 2014, 5:08 pm
If 14 B9's are now in service as the fleet allocation suggests, then there should of been only 1 Solar on today? Making it almost a fully decker.
G-CPTN   13 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm)cbma06 wrote Isn't the local council for the area that supposed to be putting notices up at bus stops in Corbridge, at lease GNE have done their bit by putting notices up on their buses that run the services in that area. GNE has no obligation to put notices at those bus stops, its up to the council, same go as timetables at bus stops.

The proposal was that buses would continue to serve central Corbridge using Front Street as an alternative to Middle Street (as other traffic is doing), however at the last minute we have heard that buses will not cross the river.

As GNE have printed notices for all of the relevant buses (Tens, X84/X85 and 687), two extra copies for the affected bus stops would seem no problem. Huh
cbma06   13 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm)G-CPTN wrote The proposal was that buses would continue to serve central Corbridge using Front Street as an alternative to Middle Street (as other traffic is doing), however at the last minute we have heard that buses will not cross the river.

As GNE have printed notices for all of the relevant buses (Tens, X84/X85 and 687), two extra copies for the affected bus stops would seem no problem. Huh

The council should of been out there putting posters on revelant bus stops, this is what happens when things gets changed at short notice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   13 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm
On the 56, im on 6093 and it has a problem.. keeps saying

Stop operating

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
tyresmoke   13 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm)cbma06 wrote The council should of been out there putting posters on revelant bus stops, this is what happens when things gets changed at short notice.

As much as it is the council's responsibility for bus stop posters and timetables, a little bit of good PR/customer service would see GNE putting their own posters up to take care of their own passengers. Stagecoach used to do this in Stockton when major disruption took place.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

gtom   13 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote As much as it is the council's responsibility for bus stop posters and timetables, a little bit of good PR/customer service would see GNE putting their own posters up to take care of their own passengers. Stagecoach used to do this in Stockton when major disruption took place.

I do some consultancy work and we have an office in Corbridge and we got a letter from the council and another from Go North East.

Would assume others got them in the area?
Adrian   13 Jan 2014, 6:02 pm
Looks like GNE have finally launched their centenary book - http://www.simplygo.com/news/north-east-...-for-kids/. The fact it's a children's book came as a bit of a surprise, as I seem to remember them advertising that it was going to be a bit of a history book. Convinced I had got the wrong end of the stick, I went to dig around to see what was originally posted, and found this - http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-...ook-stars/

Does anyone know if this is a change of plan? Or whether a second book is planned to be released?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
G-CPTN   13 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote I do some consultancy work and we have an office in Corbridge and we got a letter from the council and another from Go North East.

Would assume others got them in the area?
I have not received any correspondence from GNE though I was aware of the closure of Middle Street (though not from any personal letters from NCC).

Until the weekend, the proposal was for buses to follow the same diversion as other vehicles (even though it seemed crazy to send deckers up Front Street).
R838PRG   13 Jan 2014, 6:29 pm
(12 Jan 2014, 11:16 pm)andreos1 wrote Its a private/cherished registration.
Just like the ones cars have - trucks and buses can have them too.

And it was on a Northern DAF MB230 / Duple 340 National Express coach before it was given to this Gypsey Queen coach, which passed to OK when they finished.
R838PRG   13 Jan 2014, 6:29 pm
(12 Jan 2014, 11:46 pm)Nicholas Perry wrote i used to love the old buses OK travel used to have. they were great old noisy growling buses. I used them often when they ran the 557 558 and 559 services from whitburn to their destinations

Leyland Leopards mainly on those runs. Ex Inter Valley Link East Lancs bodied mainly.
WestDurhamSwift   13 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm
Could anyone do a paper bus of what a older b7 Gemini would look like in West Durham swift Livery (RIP) , Im adiment these should be on the X30/X31

If they were to be placed on this route (which they obviously wont)
Would it work.

Am I correct in thinking there are 7 of these buses, being used as back ups to over services currently.

What is the PVR for the X30/X31 and could it work

And does it interwork with the 15/15A/X70/X71

With the original West Durham Swift brand what bus numbers did it include: was it the 15/15A/X30/X31/X70/X71 or just a select few of these, I really cant remember!!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northtynelinks2   13 Jan 2014, 8:22 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm)Ely1992 wrote Could anyone do a paper bus of what a older b7 Gemini would look like in West Durham swift Livery (RIP) , Im adiment these should be on the X30/X31

Would it work.

Am I correct in thinking there are 7 of these buses, being used as back ups to over services currently.

With the original West Durham Swift brand what bus numbers did it include: was it the 15/15A/X30/X31/X70/X71 or just a select few of these, I really cant remember!!

The PVR for the X30/X31 is 5 (I think) and the only inter workings are the X30/X31 respectively. So at Newcastle X30 will change to X31 and will run to Lanchester and back to Newcastle then go back onto the X30 and do the same etc.
CatsFast101   13 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 8:22 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote The PVR for the X30/X31 is 5 (I think) and the only inter workings are the X30/X31 respectively. So at Newcastle X30 will change to X31 and will run to Lanchester and back to Newcastle then go back onto the X30 and do the same etc.

West Durham Swift was for X30/X31/X70/X71 when it was removed. X30/X31 interwork at Newcastle, whilst X70/X71 interwork at Consett & Newcastle. Combined WDS PVR was 9 (5: X30/X31, 4: X70/X71). I think it was discussed that one of the two were less busy than the other two but can't remember which ones! I think these services certainly need some reliable vehicles soon, deckers or singles. Where these buses come from is another matter.
WestDurhamSwift   13 Jan 2014, 8:58 pm
No doubt il be getting onto a cold Northern Decker tomorrow, that can barely climb hills, or if its really bad, that Beamish bus will turn up!!
northtynelinks2   13 Jan 2014, 9:12 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm)CatsFast101 wrote West Durham Swift was for X30/X31/X70/X71 when it was removed. X30/X31 interwork at Lanchester & Newcastle, whilst X70/X71 interwork at Consett & Newcastle. Combined WDS PVR was 9 (5: X30/X31, 4: X70/X71). I think it was discussed that one of the two were less busy than the other two but can't remember which ones! I think these services certainly need some reliable vehicles soon, deckers or singles. Where these buses come from is another matter.

I don't think the X30/X31 interwork at Lanchester, because with them been every 30 mins the journey time is approx. 30 mins each way, so when one is leaving Stanley or at some point in the route on their way to Lanchester, the other bus currently at Lanchester will leave, meaning that the next bus will be the same service as it was when it arrived at Lanchester.
For example:
X30 out of Newcastle for Lanchester
Depart Stanley and the X31 at Lanchester leaves meaning the next bus at Lanchester will be the X30 and the next bus to Newcastle will be a X30.
Therefore it is impossible for the X30/X31 to interwork at Lanchester. Sorry if I sounded a bit snappy there, it wasn't intended.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   13 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 9:12 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote I don't think the X30/X31 interwork at Lanchester, because with them been every 30 mins the journey time is approx. 30 mins each way, so when one is leaving Stanley or at some point in the route on their way to Lanchester, the other bus currently at Lanchester will leave, meaning that the next bus will be the same service as it was when it arrived at Lanchester.
For example:
X30 out of Newcastle for Lanchester
Depart Stanley and the X31 at Lanchester leaves meaning the next bus at Lanchester will be the X30 and the next bus to Newcastle will be a X30.
Therefore it is impossible for the X30/X31 to interwork at Lanchester. Sorry if I sounded a bit snappy there, it wasn't intended.

They don't interwork at Lanchester, I got it wrong. I kept editing it so many times and got fed up!
Malarkey   13 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm
(13 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm)Ely1992 wrote Could anyone do a paper bus of what a older b7 Gemini would look like in West Durham swift Livery (RIP) , Im adiment these should be on the X30/X31

Would it work.

[attachment=5145]
Pages (60)    126 27 2860