Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
East Durham 619 (ex redby) broke down at Dalton Park this morning seen at 08:20 with a engineer looking at it, same bus was seen broke down at Peterlee set down area last week.

CatsFast101
Unregistered
(14 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm)cbma06 wrote East Durham 619 (ex redby) broke down at Dalton Park this morning seen at 08:20 with a engineer looking at it, same bus was seen broke down at Peterlee set down area last week.

And these vehicles are expect to last a couple of years yet!
Also, when are we expecting the MPD's to be branded? Are any of the Ex-Consett/Venture ones to be branded? 545, 546, 560, 565 aren't I don't think.
(14 Jan 2014, 8:46 pm)CatsFast101 wrote And these vehicles are expect to last a couple of years yet!
Also, when are we expecting the MPD's to be branded? Are any of the Ex-Consett/Venture ones to be branded? 545, 546, 560, 565 aren't I don't think.

According to the Go North East Fleet Allocation 546, 618 and 619 are branded, I don't personally know if 546 is or not as I don't live over that way to see them.
(14 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm)Bazza Houston wrote today i spotted 8293 off its usual route instead it was on X85 should have been a Solar on there managed a good shot

I've just realised that an earlier (today) journey on an X84/X85 bus was interrupted by a strident warning buzzer and a STOP message that the driver was able to reset by switching off and on again.
There was a T/C icon illuminated (traction control?).

I spoke to the driver later in the day and he said it was a faulty antilock (brake) sensor so, presumably, they withdrew it from service and replaced it with 8293?
(14 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm)aureolin wrote Any idea when the promo events are likely to happen for Fab Fifty Six?

It all starts on Thursday and the details will be revealed on the social media pages tomorrow
(14 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm)Tom wrote 8231 (on ''Lime'' duties) and 8234 (on ''Diamond'' duties) have both been working for Stanley today.

8234 is withdrawn and sold to Alpha.
(14 Jan 2014, 9:43 pm)benwell3031 wrote 8234 is withdrawn and sold to Alpha.

Just what I was told haha. 8231 was defiantly on ''Lime'' duties though.
Site Administrator
(14 Jan 2014, 9:45 pm)Tom wrote Just what I was told haha. 8231 was defiantly on ''Lime'' duties though.

4911 is currently at Winlaton too.
I understand a number of vehicles (which are of a serviceable state) have been temporarily retained rather than withdrawn and temporarily transferred to depots across the region which claim to have shortages.
(14 Jan 2014, 9:56 pm)Dan wrote 4911 is currently at Winlaton too.
I understand a number of vehicles (which are of a serviceable state) have been temporarily retained rather than withdrawn and temporarily transferred to depots across the region which claim to have shortages.

I'll look out for those on Saturday, have a list of what ones have been retained?
(14 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm)Acky81 wrote I wonder if bus 5165 Percy main vehicle is repairable after the crash in Sunderland looks nasty

Havent heard about that, any details on what happened? Thanks
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jan 2014, 10:41 pm)Michael wrote Havent heard about that, any details on what happened? Thanks

Happened Saturday lunchtime at the grange pub junction I'm guessing it was a 9
(14 Jan 2014, 11:20 pm)Acky81 wrote Happened Saturday lunchtime at the grange pub junction I'm guessing it was a 9

Cheers Smile, hope everyone was ok
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
I've just seen an unidentified Tynedale Links MPD on the A69 heading towards Newcastle. Presumably going to Winlaton...
(15 Jan 2014, 10:13 am)Dan wrote I've just seen an unidentified Tynedale Links MPD on the A69 heading towards Newcastle. Presumably going to Winlaton...
Which bit of the A69? there's a certain amount of light running between Hexham and Ovington to position drivers and buses for the 686...
Site Administrator
(15 Jan 2014, 10:47 am)eezypeazy wrote Which bit of the A69? there's a certain amount of light running between Hexham and Ovington to position drivers and buses for the 686...

About 15m away from Hexham.
(15 Jan 2014, 10:48 am)Dan wrote About 15m away from Hexham.

Likely to be a possitioning journey, as the 686 starts and finishes in Ovington. 15m away from Hexham would mean Styford Roundabout area, which itself is about 5 -10 minutes from Ovington.
The following alterations will affect bus services in Sunderland City Centre from Monday 20th January due to roadworks and access alterations.

Due to the permanent closure of Green Terrace southbound, Services 2A, 2C, 8, 9, 35/35B/35C, 36A, 39, 56, 73, 78/78A, 135, X3 & X36 will no longer be able to serve Green Terrace bus stops and will divert via St. Michaels' Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange.

Northbound services will continue to operate on Green Terrace normally.

Due to the temporary closure of Vine Place & Holmeside eastbound only, the following diversions will apply:

Service 136 towards Castletown will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road (stopping additionally at the bus stop at the north end of Burdon Road), then Fawcett Street, High Street, Bedford Street and St. Mary's Way towards Silksworth Row and Trimdon Street.

Services 39 & 42 towards Doxford & Vicarage Farm estate will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road, Fawcett Street, Athenaeum Street and Frederick Street towards Toward Road. These services will NOT serve the stop at the north end of Burdon Road, as they serve the first stop on Fawcett Street across the junction.

Services 9/9A, 26/26A, 35/35A/35B/35C, 36A, 56, N56, X3, X36 & 939 towards Wearmouth Bridge will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road (stopping additionally at the bus stop at the north end of Burdon Road), to Fawcett Street.

Services operating southbound on John Street and westbound on Holmeside will be unaffected and will continue to serve existing bus stops on Holmeside.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause due to issues outside of our control.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/service-alt...ity-centre

By the Stagecoach site, the roadworks etc.. will last up to 10 weeks

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=9284

8289 broken down in Chester le Street while on 50’s this afternoon. Customers remained on board while engineers worked on the bus after some half hours wait the next 50 (4926) turned up and customers were transferred.
(15 Jan 2014, 2:39 pm)cbma06 wrote The following alterations will affect bus services in Sunderland City Centre from Monday 20th January due to roadworks and access alterations.

Due to the permanent closure of Green Terrace southbound, Services 2A, 2C, 8, 9, 35/35B/35C, 36A, 39, 56, 73, 78/78A, 135, X3 & X36 will no longer be able to serve Green Terrace bus stops and will divert via St. Michaels' Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange.

Northbound services will continue to operate on Green Terrace normally.

Due to the temporary closure of Vine Place & Holmeside eastbound only, the following diversions will apply:

Service 136 towards Castletown will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road (stopping additionally at the bus stop at the north end of Burdon Road), then Fawcett Street, High Street, Bedford Street and St. Mary's Way towards Silksworth Row and Trimdon Street.

Services 39 & 42 towards Doxford & Vicarage Farm estate will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road, Fawcett Street, Athenaeum Street and Frederick Street towards Toward Road. These services will NOT serve the stop at the north end of Burdon Road, as they serve the first stop on Fawcett Street across the junction.

Services 9/9A, 26/26A, 35/35A/35B/35C, 36A, 56, N56, X3, X36 & 939 towards Wearmouth Bridge will divert via Stockton Road, Park Road, Burdon Road (stopping additionally at the bus stop at the north end of Burdon Road), to Fawcett Street.

Services operating southbound on John Street and westbound on Holmeside will be unaffected and will continue to serve existing bus stops on Holmeside.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause due to issues outside of our control.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/service-alt...ity-centre

By the Stagecoach site, the roadworks etc.. will last up to 10 weeks

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=9284

Didnt know part of green terrace was to close to, tbh buses should use the diverted route more often, green terrace is a nightmare.

Is this just linked to roadworks?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2014, 3:30 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote 8289 broken down in Chester le Street while on 50’s this afternoon. Customers remained on board while engineers worked on the bus after some half hours wait the next 50 (4926) turned up and customers were transferred.

Back out on the 50, seen it go through Lambton about half hour ago heading towards Durham, must of fixed it and then had wait time at Chester before continuing it's usual Service or Something then.
And guess which WearTeesXpress broke down, yeah you've guessed correct, it was 4907 again !
(15 Jan 2014, 10:13 am)Dan wrote I've just seen an unidentified Tynedale Links MPD on the A69 heading towards Newcastle. Presumably going to Winlaton...

I think 555 going for PSV Wink
Site Administrator
(15 Jan 2014, 4:57 pm)BFK wrote And guess which WearTeesXpress broke down, yeah you've guessed correct, it was 4907 again !

Battle of the breakdowns...
BFK representing the WTX, pdiddy representing the Pronto!
(15 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think 555 going for PSV Wink

Ah, so would have been Gateshead rather than Winlaton then? Cheers. Tongue