Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(15 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm)Michael wrote Didnt know part of green terrace was to close to, tbh buses should use the diverted route more often, green terrace is a nightmare.

Is this just linked to roadworks?

Usually caused by the council not having the balls to get the taxi drivers in line. I understand senior management in GNE have tried to address this numerous times in the past.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
CatsFast101
Unregistered
A very small new cobalt clipper advert appeared on my Facebook home page this evening.
.jpg image.jpg
(15 Jan 2014, 5:47 pm)aureolin wrote Usually caused by the council not having the balls to get the taxi drivers in line. I understand senior management in GNE have tried to address this numerous times in the past.

Ye that's its many problem's, going up St Michael's way might really help Green Terrace, then at least the buses won't get caught behind buses at the bus stop.

I'm a tad confused though, is this all the time or just because of the road works on Vine Place & Holmeside?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2014, 5:10 pm)Dan wrote Battle of the breakdowns...
BFK representing the WTX, pdiddy representing the Pronto!
Ah, so would have been Gateshead rather than Winlaton then? Cheers. :

4 on monday.... 2 tuesday
(15 Jan 2014, 5:10 pm)Dan wrote Battle of the breakdowns...
BFK representing the WTX, pdiddy representing the Pronto!
Ah, so would have been Gateshead rather than Winlaton then? Cheers. Tongue

Had no idea where it was going when you spotted it, but Hexham - Winlaton via the A69 seemed to be a canny little run (or skive) Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(15 Jan 2014, 8:28 pm)andreos1 wrote Had no idea where it was going when you spotted it, but Hexham - Winlaton via the A69 seemed to be a canny little run (or skive) Wink

It would be the quickest option, no?
(15 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm)Michael wrote Didnt know part of green terrace was to close to, tbh buses should use the diverted route more often, green terrace is a nightmare.

Is this just linked to roadworks?

How will the road work with the Debenhams and Travelodge car parks?
Must be a closure towards the bottom end of the street.

As often as it gets clogged up, buses from Trimdon Street, Hylton Road, Chester Road and Durham Road all piling into one at the top of Holmeside can't be the answer?
(15 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm)Michael wrote Ye that's its many problem's, going up St Michael's way might really help Green Terrace, then at least the buses won't get caught behind buses at the bus stop.

I'm a tad confused though, is this all the time or just because of the road works on Vine Place & Holmeside?

It just says permanently, looks like Green Terrace will be only north bound only, so their will be taking out the traffic lights and that section onto Vine Place will only need 2 sets of traffic lights instead of the 3 sets of traffic lights, probably less waiting time for buses at the other sets of lights.

(15 Jan 2014, 8:31 pm)Dan wrote It would be the quickest option, no?

I was trying to work it out at the time and it isn't the way I would have gone.

Not sure whether there is an approved or suggested route for drivers between the two.
It's not unusual to see Tynedale Links liveried buses being driven by men in overalls on the A69 - presumably on road-test following repairs at the Hexham depot.

There's also some dead-heading journeys as the 686 is brought back into Hexham bus-station from Ovington around 3pm.

It beats my why they don't carry passengers instead of running empty.
(15 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm)cbma06 wrote It just says permanently, looks like Green Terrace will be only north bound only, so their will be taking out the traffic lights and that section onto Vine Place will only need 2 sets of traffic lights instead of the 3 sets of traffic lights, probably less waiting time for buses at the other sets of lights.

Was thinking that, its such a good idea though, its one of the best things best thing Sunderland Council have done - for once

How ever at the traffic lights near the bridges car park, those will have to be took up and the road which he buses use to turn on to green terrace would have to be blocked off if the traffic lights was to be removed on the road which leads to vine place.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm)andreos1 wrote I was trying to work it out at the time and it isn't the way I would have gone.

Not sure whether there is an approved or suggested route for drivers between the two.

Via the A69 is the route of choice for Hexham to Winlaton bus moves as its the quickest way & not that longer - A69 to A1 then Swalwell R'about, Shibdon Road and up the hill.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
East Durham 545 (I do believe) was been driven by engineers it would seem at about 3:20 at Cold Hesledon.
(15 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm)busman101 wrote Via the A69 is the route of choice for Hexham to Winlaton bus moves as its the quickest way & not that longer - A69 to A1 then Swalwell R'about, Shibdon Road and up the hill.

I knew there wouldn't be much mileage wise, just wasn't sure about timings or regs, especially in rush hour going via A69 and Western Bypass/Scotswood Bridge
I don't see the X36 that busy sometimes its a good service don't get me wrong every time I've seen it pass me its full of oaps,will deptford be running the short 9s to jarrow if anyone knows
(16 Jan 2014, 12:39 am)speedwheels22 wrote I don't see the X36 that busy sometimes its a good service don't get me wrong every time I've seen it pass me its full of oaps,will deptford be running the short 9s to jarrow if anyone knows
Keep x3 axe the x36
They should do somthing with the X3 extend it to metrocentre I can see thew ppl using it if they did that on way to sunderland divert it threw whitless so there will be a buss for ppl travelling to sunderland
(16 Jan 2014, 12:53 am)speedwheels22 wrote They should do somthing with the X3 extend it to metrocentre I can see thew ppl using it if they did that on way to sunderland divert it threw whitless so there will be a buss for ppl travelling to sunderland

The X88 didn't carry enough people from Sunderland to Metro so it ended. There's no way the X3 will. GNE would much rather you bought a buzzfare and changed at Washington or Gateshead.
(16 Jan 2014, 1:04 am)speedwheels22 wrote What about south shelds to metrocenre X3 every hour still going threw boldon sure stagecoach had a service I think M42 r somthing correct me if I'm wrong lol

Yep early 90s m42 and m43 from shields to metro South Shields busways
And m39 m40 and m41 sat n sun from Sunderland CBS Sunderland busways
(16 Jan 2014, 1:14 am)speedwheels22 wrote Just seen there they use to have an X22 saturday and all day sunday bus to metrocentre perhaps gne could do that trial run from sheilds

Why bother jump on the metro to gateshead then onto a X66, lot quicker. The train goes straight through from sunderland and again its quicker
(15 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Back out on the 50, seen it go through Lambton about half hour ago heading towards Durham, must of fixed it and then had wait time at Chester before continuing it's usual Service or Something then.

The breakdown was at 14.20 as it was due to depart CLS for Shields and it was still broken down at 14.50 when 4926 did the next Shields run. I would assume that once the engineers got it running it must have ran light to Washington to be regulated back on to its correct Durham run which will match up with the sighting at Lambton.
GNE have finally took the Doxford Clipper and Washington Street Shuttle off their fleet allocation key.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.